• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Opinion on Disney

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
I've seen some of the new Disney movies and they all kind of well....SUCK!
Do you think that Disney is getting desperate for movies and aren't really take the time to find good ideas and make them better?
The last good animated one I saw was The Emperors New Groove and the last human one was Ice Princess.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
Re: Disney

Hey, BO!
Now, The Emperor's New Groove.......that was an awesome movie! It was so funny! It's one of my favorite movies of all time! David Spade was just great!
As for Ice Princess, never saw it. Isn't it just a chick flick?
And the recent Valiant I don't want ot see. I think it'll be pretty good, but not that interesting. Man, but I feel sorry for Disney. The last thing I want to see is them going bankrupt and finally dispersing.

EternalLight

All most of the Disney Movies suck now!!!

But I like Emperor's new Groove... KUSCO and Patcha!!!

The movie that i hate the most is the Cheeta Girls!!!

I'm Back!!!! from ever since the 24th!!!!!!!!

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Well only a couple of movies make it through that were good but almost every movie after 2000 sucked sequels to old movies suck A$$ like Mulan 2 Lion King 2
Cinderalla 2 Jungle Book 2 those suck A$$ disney is beginning to piss me off with these stupid crap

Rick Mulluns

Website
www.thestarwarsrp.com

I agree. The sequels really look sucky.

Favorite Animated Disney movie: Aladdin (Loved Robin Williams in that movie). The 2 Sequels to that movie sucked.

Favorite Live Action Disney Movie: Pirates of the Carribian.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

It doesn't really matter what you think of Disney's new movies, the company's still a behemoth in the business. My assumption is that it's not about to disappear.

Of course people look back with nostalgia on the "old days of Disney" (though in all fairness, Disney predates everyone on these forums by a good number of years still). Yes, that was Disney's high-time, and the movies made from about "Beauty and the Beast" up until "The Lion King" are widely regarded as the classics of our day.

But think about it. When did you see those movies? Chances are when you were younger kids (say, before 10 years of age or so). Now consider your age now as these new movies (for instance, Madagascar or Valient) are coming out. Think you might just be out of the target age group? They're kid's movies, and Disney is targeting a younger audience than they used to (though the old ones were kid's movies as well, they had slightly wider ranges usually).

However, I'll agree with you all on one point. In ten years, I fully expect "The Lion King" to still be considered a classic. Madagascar? Not so sure. So yes, those movies did reach out to the audience in a way that few have managed to do so since. But hey, do you really think a single company can keep up that phenomenal kind of success (and it really was at the time) forever? That's a pretty high standard to be held to.

Will Disney manage to one day regain the standard of excellence its classics achieved? Who knows? But it's still a big name in the movies, especially for children's entertainment, so I suspect we'll be seeing it around for a good while yet.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com

honestly, yeah. most of the disney stuff these days seems hurried or is just plain crappy. wth happened? i miss the stuff like jungle book and the lion king...guess they're just running out of ideas.

C

cam ron 77

what amazes me is that they're able to make like, a new movie every month on the Disney channel. ya know, the movies like cheetah girls and ....zenon,that one cheerleader movie....hm. i nver really liked the recent ones but of course i love the classics. i didn't get why everyone loved finding nemo so much though. hm,oh well.

~*AqUaTeEn*~

The new movies are shit.

But hey! They're raking in the cash. I'm more of an old-school animated disney b****. Seriously, my bed-sheets are disney princess. I'm a freak. The only old-school animated disney movie I don't really like at all is Snow White.

But anyway, I agree with you. The new movies do suck, and the made-for-tv movies are kinda stupid as well. They're all good the first time around, but I would never spend money on one of them.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality

MOst Disney films now are dire remakes of older films, with the only good Disney films (excl. Pixar) since 2000 have been Lilo and Stitch and POTC...

But yeh, Lion King, Tarzan and Nightmare b4 Xmas are great Disney films...

divinerosekeeper

divinerosekeeper

ahh lesse wut my fav dsney movies are: beauty and the beast, aladdin, the goofy movie (don't ask), little mermaid, and the lion king. u don't see the incredibles or really anything too new on there do u? *shakes head* see this is wut happens when everything is computer generated, damn i wish the 90s' were back sometimes, there were better movies =/

EDIT: some good newer ones, PoTC, Lilo and stich, ya and that's about all io can think of, my fav pixar one is toy story and i also like finding nemo

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards

I don't know I think they are ok. but not allthat. but that's just me.

~*AqUaTeEn*~

tsukiusagimochi said:
my fav. Miyazaki's Spirited away. but the last few films have sucked. but it would be sad to see Disney go outta business after like 105years of livin

Oh yes, I forgot about those. Even though disney didn't create it. It was studio gibli, but I guess disney owns a portion, or has it's license. Spirited away is great, and kiki's delivery service, not to mention, castle in the sky.

I love them all.

Penguin Master

Fanboy of Tomo and Kagura
In my room, watching Azumanga Daioh, over and over

The reason the new pure disney made movies suck, they're out of fairy tales and legends. I'm a disney nerd, but it's true, the only often thought of original ideas are Emporers New Grove and Lilo and Stich. (And don't say Lion King's original, it's Hamlet, only less violent, and with lions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back