• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Operation Sunrise - Golden Sun 4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Recently Nintendo-Gamer interviewed Hiroyuki Takahashi of Camelot Software Planning in regards to the new Mario Tennis. He was briefly asked about the Golden Sun series; here is the relevant excerpt from the article.
NG: Camelot also made the amazing Golden Sun. Dark Dawn ended on a massive cliffhanger. Any plans to tell us what happens next? Don’t keep us hanging!

HT: I’m very pleased that you enjoyed Dark Dawn. RPGs take a very long time to make and need a lot of effort. As you will appreciate if you have played the game, the number of ideas that went into the story was rather substantial. When writing a story like that for a Golden Sun game, I really feel like I am pouring my soul into it and when I am finished, I always feel really drained. Everyone else working on the project also really devoted themselves to it, treating it like their life’s work. So it really is a huge encouragement to us to get a positive reaction from the people who play the game.

A big reason for us making RPGs comes from the requests from all the people who have enjoyed our RPGs in the past. Perhaps if there are enough Nintendo users asking for another game in the Golden Sun series, then this will naturally lead to the development of such a game.

Speaking personally from the perspective of the story, I think that honestly it may not be so likely because Golden Sun really requires a full effort to be put in. But of course, if there are enough people saying that we really must create another game, then we may just have to listen to them. Still, you would need to give me a bit of time to work on ideas for the story before we could release a fourth game in the series.

In response to this, a group of people took the reins and formed Operation Sunrise, a group dedicated to getting the fan input to Camelot for this game to happen.

If you played Dark Dawn, you'd know it was a sorry excuse for a Golden Sun game. It was too easy, the pacing was too fast, there were two points of no return, you could level up waaay too quickly later on... and it ended with unresolved questions and a cliffhanger, showing the words, "The End?"

Operation Sunrise already has the backing of Operation Rainfall, which as I'm sure at least some of you are aware is responsible for bringing Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America (and they're still working on getting Pandora's Tower here too, if I'm not mistaken), so that's a good ally to have.

You can sign the petition Operation Sunrise set up from their Facebook page I linked above. Apparently the forum refuses to let me link it here even though I did so on two other forums. Anyway, I just figured I'd bring it up here to try and drum up support for the cause. :3

State

Awards
What I'm questioning myself now is that, why is this movement necessary now when the last time the game was released was two years ago, and not when Dark Dawn was going to be released since the gap between the Lost Age and DD was BIGGER! (seven whole years). I smell a rat, and she tells me it's because these types of movements are becoming more popular. In a sense, it's an okay movement from Nintendo, seeing as how it should give the series more popularity.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
ya know i did post the interview excerpt showing that camelot wants to hear that the fans want this game...

operation sunrise is just a handy way of organizing the fans' input...

State

Awards
ya know i did post the interview excerpt showing that camelot wants to hear that the fans want this game...

I know, but why does he want to hear it in this occasion and not years ago? *sigh* It could be the case that, since the 3DS technology is relatively new, the budget for the game would be bigger (more expenses for Nintendo), meaning they'd have to careful release games people ACTUALLY want.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
it's probably a mix of that and, like the excerpt shows, that it's a draining experience for all involved, and the fan input would serve as the motivation required to wrap the story up.

State

Awards
it's probably a mix of that and, like the excerpt shows, that it's a draining experience for all involved, and the fan input would serve as the motivation required to wrap the story up.

Will they wrap the story at 4 or finish it with a 5?

State

Awards
as i see it, they should wrap it up at 4. no need to drag it out.

a bunch of other signatures agree with me on this.

Right, I also can't see what other things they can implement on the plot. Other than that, do you want the series to end or the actual story arc? I love the GS myths and lores. ;^;

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
these are honestly getting really annoying now

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
yes they are.

especially considering that dark dawn came out not even TWO YEARS AGO. you guys aren't even giving them time to develop.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You do realize that they were asking for fan input, right?

Just sayin'. This is far different than being HEY MAKE A GAME LOL. This is more like HEY YOU WANTED TO HEAR US SO HERE YA GO.

State

Awards
yes they are.

especially considering that dark dawn came out not even TWO YEARS AGO. you guys aren't even giving them time to develop.

The organized fan reaction came AFTER the interview with Camelot stating they're going to make the game after a rather large fan input. Other than that, the Golden Sun series is more popular in the West than in Japan, since these Operation movements are becoming popular, it'd be logical for Nintendo to make that move; free publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back