• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Operation: Beharrlich

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikken Omnious

A slim figured girl slowly glided above a forest. Her white,dove-like wings flapping listlessly at her sides. She spotted a small town just further on, deciding that landing in the middle of the city would be a stupid thing to do. She began decending to the forest floor. She touched down gracefully on her feet as her wings folded in behind her. She looked at her apparence for the first time since she had left that building, Her clothes were torn and bloody and she smelt like blood, she needed somewhere to change and have a shower. She felt a sudden sharp pain in her back and she fell to her knees as the wings retreated into her body. Her back healed as if there had been no wings there at all.

She began the task of walking to the town, after all there was still a little distance to cover before she walked into the city itself, she found a track that lead in the direction she wanted to go and followed it, Hopeing to find a water supply where she could clean herself a bit. Just a bit further on, She spotted a man working in the forest, he appeared to be cutting trees for either firewood or woodwork. He swung the heavy axe clearing the last of the wood from where he had been cutting, The tree creaked and then fell towards him
"TIMBER!" he yelled as he got out of the way of the falling tree and watched it fall down with a loud thud as it hit the ground. She watched him for a minute before continuing onwards towards the city.

A few minutes later she emerged in the city outskirts, She looked up at a sign that was posted on the side of the road, it read,
"This city is enforced and controlled by the Verband organisation, all matters of security and policing are to be refered to them"
"Looks like those people are in charge around here, I'd better be careful in here," she said to herself as she walked onwards.

Soon her having no money became a problem, she was unable to buy any food or clothes and had to resort to visiting a homeless shelter to find food,clothes and a shower, which was all provided to her free of charge, Soon she began to blend in with the other inhabitants of the city, blissfully unaware that the Verband organisation where the ones after her. She got up one morning and threw her clothes on, a black strapless top, a pair of light green cargo pants and black boots and began her trek into the city to find herself a job so that she could get out of these slums.

Gearheart

[Verband Outdoor Shooting Range]
The instructor only smiled as he saw of trainees lining up in front of him. He leaned forwards on the butt of his gun, waiting until each stood at attention. He then stood, flipping his weapon over.

"Welcome to the shooting range, I am your instructor for the moment, my name is Maxwell Browning. Here, you will learn the basics of shooting."

He began to walk towards the shelves where a set of training rifles stood. Grabbing the rifles, he began to disperse them amongst the trainees, before himself taking his place in front of them.

"There are two parts to every soldier, the man, and the weapon. It is my job to tell you all I can about your weapon, but after that, it is up to each of you to learn how to handle your weapon like an extension of your own body."

A snicker came from the line of recruits.

"Might I ask what you find so funny?"

"You're spouting random philosophical nonsense. All you do is pick up the gun, look down the barrel, and pull the trigger. I don't need to be told how to use a damn gun."

Max turned around without responding to the back-talking trainee, breaking his shotgun open to reveal it was empty, before locking it shut again. He produced a golf ball from his pocket, and dropped it down in front of him. The other recruits, confused, watched curiously. Max swung his shotgun much like a golf club, striking the ball and sending it flying. In one swift move, he rolled the shotgun around his back and into his arms in a firing position; he hurriedly broke the shotgun open and loaded in a birdshot round. Before the ball could leave his sight, he locked the barrel down, and pulled the trigger, the golf ball being blown open in mid flight. Max only smiled triumphantly at the wise-cracking recruit, turning around to face him while small pieces of the golf ball rained down.

"So... so what, you just practice a lot. Anybody could do that with a lot of practice."

"Okay then smart alec, tell me how to eject a jammed casing from your rifle."

"It's simple, you just... uhh..."

The recruit looked over the rifle he was handed. After a few moments of exploring, and failing to find the rifle's loading apparatus. He looked up, red faced, at Max.

"Not many people can just pick up a gun and use it, so as I said, it's my job to familiarize you all with the basics of shooting. Get up to the shooting line, and I'll instruct you on how to field strip your weapon."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
---------------------------------------------------------

The fire continued to rage intently all around as a person, a young woman seemed to stumble out into view below whatever was watching her from up above. Barely able to walk out of the burning environment she was just in, the woman suddenly collapsed on the cold snow ground at her feet, with the small trail of blood behind her that was actually not coming from her own wounds, but from something else entirely. As the fire only continued to get worse, the sound of something machine like began to whirl, bringing with it a whizzing noise as the view of the woman from a couple of feet away suddenly zoomed in closer, as the only surviving camera of the facility recorded everything that was happening. Soon, after a few minutes of absolutely nothing, two huge wings immediately sprouted out from the back of the woman, before with incredibly speed, she flew into the air and so far out of reach it would have been almost impossible to catch her.

The sound of whirling happened again, as the footage that continuously played on a large screen, in that of a huge dark room, rewound to the point of the woman and her newly formed wings sprouting again. Just as it would come to the point of her taking off into the air, the video suddenly froze, showing a clear view of the woman’s back and her large beautiful dove like wings. Laying back in what could be that of a large armchair, someone raised their hand up to their cheek, as they continued to stare at the frozen picture before them, the light from the recording the only source of light in the room. "Very....interesting!" the voice from the person said, obviously male by that of his deep sounding voice, as he sat in the dark room staring at the strange picture before him.

Moving his hand to the side of the armchair, the sound of a small beep was made, as the man started to speak yet again. “Please inform the Captain, that he may go whenever he feels he is ready!” said the mysterious man, as he removed his finger from what could have been a button, resulting in another beep as the voice of another man responded instantly. “yes sir, right away sir!” said the voice before ending just as quickly, leaving the room in complete silence, as the man just sat there and stared at the magnificent picture before him.

-------------------------------------------

Heavy footsteps could be heard through the echoing white halls of the huge muscle m was walking down at that very moment. A few stray scientists talked and discussed certain theories and proposals for projects within their own fields as the man simply bulldozed past them, not taking any moment or interest in them whatsoever as he did. The sound of a gun going off, was the first sign of his destination, as the older short haired man, turned and opened the large double doors infront of him. Upon instantly stepping through into the large open firing range, the huge man watched as a small line of recruits made their way over with their rifles for some drilling in how to properly use their weapon.

Slamming the doors behind him, the giant of a man slowly walked towards the trainees and the instructor as he held his large muscled arms and hands behind his back. “These are the new recruits I see!” Captain said as his turned his head towards the line of men, the large rather painful looking scar that ran down his face and eye seemed to be the main focus for anyone that looked at him. “What do you make of them, Instructor Browning?” asked the terrifyingly huge man as he turned back towards Max.

Gearheart

[Verband Outdoor Shooting Range]

Max smirked, as a former competitive shooter, he was used to showing off a bit. As he turned to face the captain, he rolled his shotgun around his arm, letting it slide gently to the floor under his palm, at which point he leaned on it.

"Well sir, just got through training the recruits how to strip and clean their guns, now I'm having them put a few rounds downrange to get used to recoil, lot of them are pretty green when it comes to shooting. Most of them are good for people who've probably never fired a gun before, did have a bit of a know-it-all, but I think he won't talk back anytime soon."

He turned back around to observe the shooting.

"Tomorrow I think I'll grind them a little more on shooting stance. Overall, I say give them a week and they'll be ready to receive class-specific training."

One of the recruits at that point, seemed to be having a problem with his gun; his rifle had accidentally loaded two rounds into the chamber, jamming it. The trainee began pulling at his charging handle, but the jammed casing didn't seem to budge. Max chuckled lightly,

"Heh, that's the back-talker I was talking about... how long you think it'll take before he..."

The soldier began to shake his rifle, not aware that he was pointing it at the other soldiers while he was doing this. Max recognized what was about to happen, and began to shout.

"Hey! You! Stop that! Look where your gun is pointi..."

The gun violently unjammed, discharging and firing into the adjacent trainee's arm.

"Dammit! Sorry sir, I've got to take care of this."

Max rushed down to the booths which the soldiers were shooting from, and grabbed a nearby phone. He dialed a few numbers, calling a seperate part of the Verband headquarters.

"Hey, can you send some medics and a stretcher down to the shooting range... yeah... accident... his arm... okay, good to hear. Please hurry."

Max then rushed down to the line of trainees, who had now gathered around the injured recruit, and already had the presence of mind to begin applying pressure to his injury. The man who had accidentally shot him seemed to be in a panic, having thrown aside the rifle. Within moments, a trio of medics came barreling down the field, one medic in particular, stood out. She carried a belt around her, lined with small canisters filled with a silvery fluid. She was first to clear away the recruits from the injured, and wordlessly, reached for one of the canisters at her side. Max stood by, kneeling down while the two other medics began to extract the bullet lodged in the man's arm.

"Is the projectile clear?"

"Yes Geneva, go ahead and administer the Panacea."

Geneva inserted a syringe into the canister she had drawn, filling the small syringe with the silvery liquid. She injected it just beside the bullet wound in the trainee's arm allowing one of the other medics to dispose of the needle. Geneva then turned to a console on her wrist. Max smirked, watching her type furiously on the control panel.

"That's a comlpicated gizmo there."

"I'm working, please be quiet, this requires my full attention."

An unusual sight followed, the bullet hole began to stop bleeding, before rapidly beginning to close. Max chuckled, turning his head to get a better look at where the wound once was.

"There's modern medicine for ya."

The other medics moved the soldier onto a stretcher, and carried him out of sight. Geneva remained on the shooting range, removing her helmet to take a fresh breath of air, as the hermetically sealed suit she wore had a tendency to become very humid and warm. The other trainees began to whisper with one another after the fiasco had settled, and Max just raised his hand.

"That's enough excitement for one day, you're all dismissed."

One by one, the recruits began to vanish, leaving only the captain, Max, and Geneva.

Last edited:

Metasoul

Mizzaks enetered the gigantic white metal building through giant doors. He was new to the town and heard that a company called Verbrand would have a use for his unique skills as an alchemist. His small quick footsteps echoed around the giant halls.
In the distance he saw a tall man walk through a door from which a shotgun round discharing came from not two minutes ago.
A tall man approached Mizzaks. He was at least seven feet tall with pale white skin and long white hair which was worn in a long pony tail down to the length of his waist. He wore a black trench coat with black shirt underneath which had golden buttons on it. He was wearing long black pants and soft black leather shoes. His eyes were a piercing green colour which seemed to go through your mind as you looked into them.
"Can i help you sir?" he asked Mizzaksas he bore down upon him. His half moon glasses just tipping on his nose, it was obvious that he was looking up from a book.
"yo! is this where i sign in?" Mizzaks asked casually. The tall man leant backwards in disgust of Mizzaks' accent and casual way of wording.
"uhh..." he stuttered trying to find the words he was planning to say before Mizzaks blew him away, "the..the captain is busy with the new recruits at the moment. uh, shall i take you to him?"
"Sure" Mizzaks replied again with the casual accent.
"My name is Blent. Blent Arkers. I take care of those interested in the fine art of alchemy."
"Well me and you have something in common Blent. I'm an alchemist too. Look here on the back of my hands." Sure enough, as Blent looked down unbelievedly at the alchemists circle on the back of Mizzaks' wrists, his face turned to believement.

His studying of Mizzaks' ands was interupted by a second gunshot discharing again from the shooting range. Only this time from a rifle.
"Okay, through that room is the firing range, the captain will be exiting there shortly. I suggest you at least clean your language up before introducing yourself to him. Your an alchemist after all." Blent said as he walked away from Mizzaks.
"Nice talkin' doc. I'll be in touch!" His voice faded off with the echoes.

Mizzaks looked around himself seeing the door in which Blent had told him about. Then he looked up to get a good look at the place. "Damn this place is huge!" he said to himself as he walked in the direction of the door.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
---------------------------------------------------

Captain nodded and grinned a little upon hearing Max's evaluation on how good the new recruits would hopefully be within a short amount of time. "That is good to hear instructor, and I trust that this will be accomplished even if you may not......" Captain's attention was caught when Max pointed to the back talked he had mentioned before, stupidly shaking the rifle as it appeared to have gotten jammed, while completely forgetting where exactly he was pointing it. Though Max tried to warn the boy of what he was doing, it was far too late as the rifle immediately went off, launching a bullet straight into another recruits arm.

This brief moment was enough to cause everyone in the room to go into a slight panic, rushing to the side of their wounded trainee, as Max had already informed the medical team to report immediately down to the firing range, before he too went to see too the man. Turning his head around to the only soldier that wasn't beside the others, Captain had look of pure anger on his face as it was the one who clumsily fired the weapon while shaking it. Backing away in fear and panic of what he did, the soldier had thrown the rifle away in panic, causing it to slide along the white ground before coming to a stop a foot away from Captain.

As soon as the medics had arrived and began to deal with the bullet wound, Captain instantly started to make his way towards the soldier, suddenly kicking the rifle from the ground into the air catching it in the process before a few brief sounds of clicking could be heard as Captain pointed the barrel of the weapon straight at the soldiers forehead. "This is your one, and only warning, so listen carefully!" Captain said as his dark green eyes stared at the Soldier. "One more idiotic, and life-threatening mistake like that again, and believe me, a bullet through your head would seem like the wisest choice, compared to what I will do to you!" said Captain with so much rage underlayered in his voice, it would have been the worst thing in the world to have crossed him.

Just as the soldier was being carried away on a stretcher after the medics had dealt with him, Captain lower the rifle and moved his head sharply in the direction of the leaving soldiers, allowing the stupid trainee to leave with the others. Turning around and noticing Max speaking with Geneva, Captain approached the two as he turned his attention towards Geneva as he spoke. "I trust he will be ok with time?" Captain started to say as the double doors for the firing range slowly opened as a newcomer had just arrived, fresh off the street judging by his clothes.

Clutching the rifle still in his hand, Captain immediately began to make his way straight towards Mizzaks, moving his other hand towards the weapon he held before pulling back on a few catchs resulting in some rather dangerous noises the closer he got to the boy. Just as it appeared he would have even attacked Mizzaks, Captain turned suddenly to the long table of similar rifles that the soldiers were using, placing the now safe and disassembled weapon along with the others. "Yes! What do you want?" Captain asked Mizzaks harshly, as his green eyes ran over the boy as he stood at the entranceway of the doors.

Metasoul

Its as if Mizzaks had to force his eyes upwards to look at the mans face. Outside he had worked out what he was going to say but in here, facing Captain, its as if he had completely forgotten.
"uhh..." he finally managed to stutter out as he clutched the sides of his trenchcoat out of nervousness. "I was let in by the guards outside of the gate. Uhh... i was told that maybe i could lend you my skills as an alchemist." The man Mizzaks was looking up at was obviously waiting for introduction of himself.
"uhh.. My name is Mizzaks sir. Apart from alchemy im also a fairly good shot with my weapons." Still Mizzaks recieved no reply. The air was tense around the air of Mizzaks and Captain for some time. It remained still until Blent suddenly entered the room and handed a case file labelled 'Mizzaks'
"In there you will find all the information you will need to know about Mizzaks sir. I personally have witnessed the alchemical circles on his hands and the case file suggest that there is one on his back. I think we should put him on a trial, let him show us his skills and then decide from there whether or not you want to accept him." Blent then sharply turned and walked off and out of the room quickly. Mizzaks had hoped the case file would be sufficient, but, at the same time he wondered where the information came from in the file.

He decided not to focus on that but to focus on the here and now and stood in the firing range waiting for a reply, or movement from the Captain.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"This is just annoying, where is that disk I asked for and why haven't you guys told me about the net crash yesterday?? I woulda fixed the system already if you had of done so already!!!" Boa sat poised in a chair and her fingers slammed across a keyboard apparatus and she laughed and sipped on a glass of tea. Her eyes glowed with annoyance as she ran a system wipe on the mainframes in the other wings from the personal computer usage of 'secretaries.'

She yawned, looking out the window to see the sun bearing down harsh light. She sat up straight then added time something important she needed to do. Somebody knew was coming in today and she had to go analyze them and store her data on them like all the others. It hadn't slipped her mind, but it was just better for her to do what she had already done before that task anyway. "Data says that his name is Mizzaks, but I need more on him." She had made the case file that had already been delivered, but that was just to sort out drama.

Her slim figure exited the room she had been in, and she made quick pace to get to her destination, just in time apparently. Boa sighed, the soft light gleaming off her armor skin. "Oh its you captain, I presume this is Mizzaks??" The question was complete rhetorical, and she could already feel the gazes of those around turning to stare at her. Boa didn't look like anybody else there, and her naked look got her more attention than she wanted at times.

One could believe that she was running 4,002,649 figures in her head at the same time she was looking at the captain and Mizzaks. "You need to come with me...."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------------

Captain continued to stare down at Mizzaks the entire time, as the boy tried desperately to get words out and to form sentences with them as he was trying to stare back at the huge man before him. "uhh..." Mizzaks was finally able to spit out from his mouth as the boy held onto the sides of his trench coat. "Come on boy, Spit it out already!" Captain said to Mizzaks, his patience, if he had any to start with, were quickly running out as he stood infront of the boy. "I was let in by the guards outside of the gate. Uhh... i was told that maybe i could lend you my skills as an alchemist." though this small bit of information proved to lower the snapping point of Captain, it seemed that the huge man was beginning to lose his patience with Mizzaks with every moment he wasted.

"uhh.. My name is Mizzaks sir. Apart from alchemy I'm also a fairly good shot with my weapons." Captain had lost all intrigue with the boy before him. Though he said he was good with Alchemy, no one could be called a, good shot, with weapons, until he had seen them with his own eyes. Suddenly, the double doors opened yet again, as one of the scientists, another Alchemist, who handed Captain one of the numerous case files that circled around the building. "In there you will find all the information you will need to know about Mizzaks sir. I personally have witnessed the alchemical circles on his hands and the case file suggest that there is one on his back. I think we should put him on a trial, let him show us his skills and then decide from there whether or not you want to accept him." Blent had said to Captain, before just as quickly arriving, left through the same double doors of the firing range.

Opening the file, Captain began to flick through the information it held, taking notice of some keys notes on the boy standing before him. "Oh its you captain, I presume this is Mizzaks??" A new voice said as Captain turned around to notice that Boa has just entered the room now, the same calculating yet quizzical look still in her eyes as she was no doubtable doing many things at once, right that moment."You need to come with me...." she said quite clearly as she looked at Captain and Mizzaks, while the light still shone off of her strange armor. "Very well then. You! Come with me now!" Captain said as he closed the case file and moved his finger to Mizzak, signalling for him to follow, before he turned towards Maxwell and Geneva. "You two should suit up and be ready to move out soon, we've got a mission we need to prepare for. Meet in the Vehicle Departure when you're ready!" Captain said bluntly at the two, as he turned back towards Boa and for her to lead the way.

---------------------------------------------

Though the town was nothign more then a glorrified slum, the inhabitants seemed to live pretty normal lives. They worked in what they could find, theyate what they could afford and was on offer, no one seemed to be pretty bad with the situation, but everythign seemed sort of, stale. As the crowds of peope moved through the streets, doing whatever it was that they did normally every day, one or two guards could be seen standing at the edge of paths, with a strange jacket on them with a logo, and the name Verband printed along it.

Even within the huge gathering of men, and woman, a small camera mounted high one one of the taller buildings in the strret, suddenly swirved and zoomed in on a certain individual, it had caught in its sight. The woman with blonde hair, and what could have been a black strapless top, seemed to stand out from the crowd, as the camera continued to follow her movements, recording everything and sending it back to Verband.

---------------------------

In the large unlit room, the large screen that once had the recording of the young woman's escape, now had numerous amounts of charts, and information, until however, the screen suddenly began to flash red, moving everything that was on it to the side of the monitor, before showing the actual recording of a large crowd of people, with the images zooming in on a young woman. "I see you!" the voice of the mysterious man said as he pressed a small button, resulting in a brief beeping noise.

"Please inform all stationed soldiers at, District 42 of City E3Y5, to apprehend a young woman with blonde hair, and a black top, thank you." the voice said as he removed his finger from the small button, watching as the camera began to pan to the left slightly following the woman as two guards seemed to make their way towards her, coming right from the direction she was traveling.

--------------------------------

"Yes....we understand clearly....proceeding towards target!" one of the two guards in the city confirmed over their radios, as they began to slowly move to the edge of the street, watching as many normal people moved past them, like shoals of fish while they waited for the woman to appear. Soon it happened, a woman with blonde hair and a black strapless top, was immediately seem straight ahead of them as she moved with the crowds and was coming right towards the soldiers. "I'm sorry m'am, but could you come with us please? We'd like to ask you a few questions." said one of the soldiers, while the other simply stood there, waiting to see what Julia would say to the question she was asked.

Rikken Omnious

"Ok lets see I need carrots and tomatoes for the people staying at the homeless shelter as well as something for myself." She walked along blissfully unaware that she was being watched from above by cameras, Her eyes focused on a fruit stall and she started to walk towards it, totally fixated on getting there, so focused in fact she almost ran into two soldiers, their shirts had the name Verband on the front. She assumed this must have been this company that ran all the security in this town.

"I'm sorry m'am, but could you come with us please? We'd like to ask you a few questions." said one of the soldiers.
Julia looked quizzically at the man standing before her,
"Just what do you want?" she asked in a harsh tone, she clearly wasnt in the mood for any hold-ups today, but being completely obvious to the whole situation she could be in at the moment had clouded her response to them.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------------------------------------

"Just what do you want?" Julia abruptly responded to the two Soldiers, still having no idea of what could happen for angering these kind of people, for this sort of a company. "Just come with us miss, and we won't have to make this more of a fuss then it is." said on of the soldiers, as the other suddenly grabbed Julia's arm, causing the items of food she had just bought,to scatter over the ground, as they began dragging her into the darkness of a small closed off alley. Though only the odd person turned their heads at what was happening, still, no one choose to do anything, knowing full well what could happen, if they too wished to accept the anger that could be brought on by Verband.

As the two soldiers dragged Julia into the secluded alley a small red dot from high above on one side of the walls, moved and looked down at the scene that was happening below. The images, while dark and quite hard to make out, still continued to be relayed and shown on the familiar large screen within the mysterious dark room in Verband. Releasing Julia's arm, the soldier violently jerked his hand away from the young woman, as he smiled and placed his hand on a small handgun on the side of his hip.

"Now, you just stay calm, and any moment now, everything will all be straightened out." said the other Soldier, as he removed his gun and pointed it towards the ground, preparing himself in the situation this, girl, was to do anything stupid, or reckless. While as his partner was keeping watch, the second Soldier, was already on a small radio, communicating with someone. "Yes sir!.....We've found her.....yes sir, of course sir...we'll wait for its arrival." the man said as he stopped talking briefly, before turning a small dial on the radio, and began to talk seemingly to someone new.

Rikken Omnious

The soldier suddenly grabbed her arm and dragged her into an alley "Hey!" her food lay on the ground, She was dragged into the dank and secluded alleyway. Oh shit what have i gotten myself into? she thought to herself. "Let...go...of...me," she said quietly but firmly. The guard put his ear closer to her mouth,
"Huh? whats that I cant hear you,"

She lowered her head, "Im warning you, Let me go or i'll,'
"You'll what?" said the guard now getting angerier by the minute.
Julia lowered her head, so that her hair covered her face,
"You what Bitch!?" yelled the guard,
He didnt get an answer, the next moment a blood splattered wall adorned the alleyway. The soldier had a large lance-like protrusion through his back, the lance looked organic as though resembling a horn from a large beast. The soldiers body lost its regidity. Blood ran down the horn and dripped onto the floor. The other soldier stopped talking into the radio and stared at the figure standing before him. A single glowing yellow cats-eye penetrated the darkness of her hair and face, canine teeth sharpened to points, flashed. A radio dropped, its crackling echoing throughout the alleyway in reasonance with the soldiers crys for help, along with a unhuman howl.

Julia woke up in the alleyway a few minutes later, not remembering a single thing that occured in the last ten minutes, the last thing she remembered was lowering her head and the next, she was on the ground laying in a pool of blood that didnt belong to her, her clothes were torn and covered in blood, she emerged from the alleyway to see stunned onlookers. It was quite a shock to them to see a woman emerge with blood on her face and body. People began to scream and run from Julia in a panic. She stood out like a sore thumb now. She stood there stunned at what had just transpired although she remembered none of it.

Metasoul

Mizzaks didn't know what was happening as he was basically dragged out of the firing range. He was rushed through hallway after hallway, people facing flying past him as he ran behind the Captain and Boa as he followed them both through the massive building. Three words really rattled through his head; Mission, suiting up, Vehicle departure unit. "What is going on here?" he thought to himself as exicetment started to build as he still ran through the numerous hallways. "Was i going on a mission? Am i accepted into this strange company?" He hoped so, Mizzaks wanted to be a part of something and this seemed like a good place. His multiple guns could be heard rattling around in special hidden compartments in his trench coat. "Perhaps i'll show Captain what im made of when it comes to my gunwork, and quiet possibly my alchemy." He thought.

They all turned into a break away of the hallway. The large square archway like passage was labelled Vehicle Departure Unit. They slowed from a run to a fast walk. They walked in front of a regiment of men. About 10 or so, maybe more but it was hard to see for Mizzaks who was standing behind the two tall figures of Captain and Boa. The concrete floor was lined with vehicles of all kinds of sizes. Jeeps with machine gun turrets on the back. A Hummer look a like lined with thick armour, missile turret slots, and an unmanned railgun mounted to the top. The room went silent at the command of the Captain.

Gearheart

Geneva, at the captain's command, took one last breath of fresh air, and slipped her helmet back on. A sucking noise following, before suddenly stopping, having reestablished the hermetic seal. She darted up to the doors, and was one of the earlier arrivals in the Vehicle Departure unit. There, she opened the console on her forearm, making final adjustments to her medical system for preparation of mobile deployment.

Not long after, Max arrived in the room, sporting his full combat gear, standard Verband-issue armor. He had his shotgun in a ready position, pointed at the ground. On his hip he had three cases of shotgun ammunition, each holding forty shells; one was filled with nonlethal rubber bullet rounds, another filled with buckshot, and the last filled with slug rounds.

"All right, haven't seen combat in a while..."

Max reached to one of the cases, ejecting a shell filled with rubber bullets. He slinged his shotgun forwards, jamming the shell into the chamber, and flicking it forwards, shutting the shotgun. He kept the shotgun pointed up at the ceiling, waiting for the orders of the captain.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
------------------------------------------------

The man watched the brief glimpses of the terrifying monster as it would appear for a few seconds, before using the darkness of the alley to its advantage to easily tear apart the two soldiers, on the large screen the camera was still broadcasting from City E3Y5. For what seemed like an eternity, the camera seemed to catch a moment, of a large yellow cat like eye through the darkness and blood that now covered the entire alley, before suddenly everything became quiet. As the images continued to show the emptiness of the alley, the soft sound of feet walking could be heard causing the small wall mounted device to turn and follow said sound.

After a few seconds of this soft wet walking, like someone stepping through a puddle of water, the same young woman was soon enveloped in the light that was at the alleys entrance, causing the images to sudden switch, back to the original camera that looked down from the opposite side of the street, showing the woman as she emerged from the alley, covered and dripping with blood. Naturally, this scene caused the entire crowd of people to panic and run away, possibly due to seeing a woman covered in blood, but also probably, that the blood had to have naturally belonged to two Verband soldiers, that had brought her into the darkness of the alley.

Zooming in on the stunned look on her face, the camera continued to take in every possible second of seeing the young woman, as the mysterious man relished in the recordings of everything that had transpired. "Marvelous, simply marvelous." the man said to himself as he continued to watch the live feeds the camera was showing.

------------------------------------------

Standing now before the Vehicle Departure Unit, Captain stared along the line of 10 suited up soldiers, ready to move out at a moments notice. Turning his head slightly to notice that Mizzaks had kept up with both his and Boa's movements through the Verband building. Stepping forward a few steps, Captain watched as Geneva and Max quickly arrived on time, fully suited up in their own personal gear, while Captain himself and Mizzaks seemed to be the only ones who weren't suited up.

"Ok, listen up all of you!" Captain roared out to the line infront of him, though what he was about to say, concerned everyone, even if he wasn't looking at them. "This is a routine location and contain. About three days ago, our target broke out and escaped from one of Verband's companies. As such, it has been told that the target has important information that must be retrieved. Now.....we currently, have a location of said target as being located within City E3Y5, in district 42, the market district. However, as this information was only given to us a short while ago, the target could have moved on by the time we arrive, but nonetheless, we will be starting from there." Captain said before he finally seemed to stop for a moment of breath as he turned around and moved towards a large white table that stood infront of a huge armor plated truck, sleek black with no sign of possible entrance.

"Everyone, get on board and begin your check up on equipment, I don't want any screw-ups for the assignment." said the Captain as he stood infront of the large table with some notably items of interest. "You! Come over here now." the huge man said as he pointed to Mizzaks, and moving his finger again signaling for the boy to come forward that moment, as a large opening suddenly appeared on the back of the truck, revealing the inner workings of a quite advance mobile center, with computers and large containers to hold possibly anything they came across. "You say you're quite good with guns....well lets see how well you'll do here. You're coming with us, if you don't die, congratulations, you can join, but if you mess up on this...." the huge spiky black haired man said to the boy as he leaned in closer to him, his dark green eyes staring straight at Mizzak with utter seriousness.

"....you'll not only fail at joining....I'll kill you myself...do I make myself clear?" Captain said to Mizzaks without any waver in his voice, standing back up straight as he turned and took something off of the large table, before handing it to Mizzaks. "This is Verbands own military bio body armor. Every field soldier wears at least this basic equipment, it is much tougher to withstand even shotgun damage at close range, at least for a couple of hits, while it also broadcasts and monitors your vitals through wireless machines back to the mobile vehicle here!" Captain said as he made his point by slamming his hand roughly on the side of the huge truck.

"This is your one and only warning now, so listen carefully. This isn't a place for a young boy to come and play soldier, or scientist. This is entirely serious work, and if you don't treat it as such, then turn around and leave right now, otherwise, take the armor there and suit up!" the huge muscled man said as he dropped the heavy body armor onto the cold table, turning around before he followed after the others into the huge vehicle. Upon entering, those that were just part of the unit, had already taken their place along a large wall of seats, with a protection rail that would move over them like one would have on a roller coaster, while the rest of the more experienced crew in the truck, had taken places at some computers and monitors, going through the checks of every piece of equipment and information that was needed.

Sitting on the edge of one of the consoles, at the far back of the truck next to the huge containers, Captain kept his eyes on the opening to the truck as his hand moved and picked up a small device. "Control Room four, this is Mobile Unit one, we are almost prepared for departure, just awaiting your confirmation." Captain said briefly and sharply into the device, as he waited for a reply back, and the signal for the start of the mission.

Gearheart

Geneva climbed up, taking care to watch her head when she entered. She took a spot, and immediately after the bar came down over her, she resumed work on her console. She was still finalizing the controls of an aerosol deployment system for the nanomachines housed within the canisters on her side. Such would be greatly advantageous in combat, as the machines are able to deployed much quicker in this method than through a syringe. The only disadvantage was the fact that it took a little longer for the nanomachines to enter the bloodstream.

Max took a seat beside the medic, watching her tap on the control panel.

"Don't think we've met, I'm Maxwell, but you can call me Max."

Failing to get her attention, he waited a moment more before speaking again.

"So, what's your name?"

Without looking up from her work, she answered him, hoping he would leave her alone.

"Geneva."

"So, Gen, you a Doctor?"

"I used to be, my license to practice was taken away."

"Oh, sorry... I didn't know."

She didn't respond, shutting the control device on her arm, and looking away from him, waiting for them to begin moving. Max leaned on his shotgun, Lifting his helmet up to get a better look at her.

"You don't talk much."

She remained silent, and he chuckled, slipping his helmet back on, turning to the rest of those piling into the vehicle.

"All right, when we nab this target, I'm making something nice to celebrate, something homemade. If any of you like potatoes, you might want to swing by the shooting range, and I can dish you some."

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
Shrugs as the last member jumps in the vehicle. "Heh from what i hear in the labs, your a pretty popular chef...." The vet. medic crossed his arms as he leans against his chair. "But your lucky in starving.... " He grins as he pulls himself out a pack of cigarettes. "Anyone want.....who knows whose gunna die today..." Pulls out one for himself as he lits it up.

Turns over to Geneva," Ah your the other medic on this mission huh? Two medics on each mission... better brief me up again... I was just equipped like ten minutes ago and was ordered to jump on this mission without debriefing.."

[*cries* such a small post T_T]

Metasoul

As Mizzaks was getting changed into the armour, he noticed at captain was saying something over the raido inside of the truck that previously had no entrance. He didn't appreciate being spoken to like the Captain did, but he decided not to take offence to it, And what was that about, proving himself in his skills with weapons? "Eh... as long as i can belong here, its not like i belong anywhere else, this brings a whole new meaning to 'my job is my life'." Mizzaks thought to himself. Mizzaks put his multiple weapons on the table so he could change into the armour. As he started to put the armour on he glanced up from the ground to notice that several of the men had changed attention to him. His hidden weapons have obviously drawn attention, The sniper rifle, 2 desert eagles, the broadsword. All of them displayed for all to see. He carefully slipped the weapons into the slots deisgnated for them. The sniper rifle fit neatly into a sheath like case on the back of the suit as did the broadsword. The sword went underneath the sniper rifle. The two weapons formed the shape of a cross on the back of Mizzaks. The 2 guns fit into the sides of his waist. Not on a belt, just into the suit itself.

He smirked to himself as he relised that the sniper rifles' casing resembled a sheath because he called the Sniper-rifle 'Longsword'. He even engraved 'Longsword' down both sides of the long barrel of the rifle.

He easily stepped into the truck where others had to bend over to fit. The small sized man easily slid into the opening and sat down in a space over to the side, away from everyone else. He tended to not mix with the masses. He sat with one elbow on his knee resting his head on his hand. He looked bored, as he waited for the Captains' orders. Then he remembered something... "Will we be able to use our powers?" he thought to himself. A look of thought fell over Mizzaks face.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for confirmation from control, Captain turned his head and briefly nodded as he noticed the boy, Mizzaks, appear within the huge truck before taking a seat close to its entrance. It was a few seconds later that the huge man finally received the response he was looking for, as a voice called back through the tiny device. "Mobile Unit One, this is Control Room Four! You have clearance to disembark." the voice said through the small radio as Captain smiled briefly before placing the device down. "Ok people, this is it! Everyone better have a secure seat, cause here we go!" Captain said before the sound of the powerful energy underneath the monster of metal started and hummed to life, as a soft rocking motion took over the truck as the vehicle moved out of the Mobile Department and out into the main area outside of Verband.

It wasn't long, perhaps even just 10 minutes, until the huge Armored Truck arrived at the outskirts of City E3Y5 and about another 3 minutes before the ttruck came to a complete stop at the entrance to District 42, the Market. Feeling the truck shutter and final stop rocking, Captain stood up from his seat before looking through one of the monitors that kept a constant view of everything around the truck, and noticing that the entire area was empty, safe for one person, a blonde haired woman, covered in blood. "There you are!" Captain thought to himself as he pressed a button, causing the large safety bars that surrounded everyone to sudden fly up, allowing them to move again.

"We have the target in sight people, no screw ups now! Get out there, capture it, and bring it back without any mistakes!" the huge man said receiving a round of yes sir's from the recruits as they immediately all stood up and left the truck in single file, marching out with their guns pointed towards the target ahead of them.

Gearheart

Max smiled when his cooking skills were complimented, but the smile was not that visible through the visor of his helmet.

"Well, hey, we've all got our hobbies, mine, I'd say it's a toss up between cooking and skeet."

When he asked for a debriefing, Geneva spoke, greatly summarizing their mission, never making eye contact with him.

"We find the target, and get the target. Just follow your squad, and support them."

Max turned his attention over to the other soldiers when they began moving. Midway through the ride, Max eyed Mizzaks and his rifle.

"Hey hey, looks like we're two peas in a pod. I'm a designated marksman too..."

Max proudly displayed his own weapon, a single barrel, break action shotgun.

"Sure, my gun can't reach as far as yours, but mine can also launch grenades, break doors, and serve as a good close-quarters gun. I'm like the jack-of-all-trades kind of sniper."

Geneva sighed rather loudly, raising her hands.

"My heavens, do you ever stop talking?"

Before Max could respond, they had stopped, and the restraining bars lifted away. Captain gave out the order to secure the target. Both Max and Geneva spoke in unison with the other soldiers, making a single, resounding, 'yes sir'.

Max, however, darted out of the vehicle with a tad bit more fervor than the others, and raised his shotgun. Max ran to get to the front of the group in order to take the first shot; once ahead of the pack, he knelt over, keeping the shotgun on the bloodied woman. Pulling the trigger, a cloud of rubber bullets launched from his gun. The rubber bullets would not penetrate skin, but would be immensely painful, and leave bruises and welts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back