• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Only Atheist at School!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
Jesus Christ, you are one dense son of a bitch. I never said that anything was stupid about being an Atheist, I'm saying that you are stupid to talk about being an Atheist because the fact is that you WILL make enemies. If you want to make enemies, that is also your decision, but don't get online and complain about it on a message board when you realize that your religion isn't as popular as you thought it was. I'm not saying that it's fair, but it is true.

Who cares about the other 3/4 of the world? A person who knows when to keep their beliefs to themself for the greater good of their reputation; ergo, not you.

No im not you said that your stupid enough to "out" yourself as 1 and so you are saying being Atheist is stupid so dont call me a dense son of a bitch you c***.
And so you are so shallow you would hide who you are because people may not like you? well then how do you manage to live in today's world where there is so many people you cannot please everyone?

My "religion" is popular and increasing because many people do not want to be controled and follow rules set by people who have given their life to their religion and cannot and are not allowed to have a family. Would you give up chances of a family for your religion?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
well, i'm christain, and i'm not trying to influence you, not at all. If these people are christain, just tell them "doesn't the bible say 'Love your neighbor as yourself?'" and other bible verses. if anything, you should beat them at their own game.
hope this helps =)

Won't change a thing. These people aren't looking for an intelligent debate, they're looking for a reason to pick on others.

No im not you said that your stupid enough to "out" yourself as 1 and so you are saying being Atheist is stupid so dont call me a dense son of a bitch you c***.
And so you are so shallow you would hide who you are because people may not like you? well then how do you manage to live in today's world where there is so many people you cannot please everyone?

My "religion" is popular and increasing because many people do not want to be controled and follow rules set by people who have given their life to their religion and cannot and are not allowed to have a family. Would you give up chances of a family for your religion?

You keep missing his point. This isn't about pride, fear, or right and wrong. This is about reality, and the reality is you'll get ostracized if you go yelling you're an atheist to the winds. If you make this deliberate choice fully aware of the consequences, then you really can't complain much, can you?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Won't change a thing. These people aren't looking for an intelligent debate, they're looking for a reason to pick on others.

i know their not looking for an intelligent debate, but if these people really are christain, you have to call them out for not acting christain. actually, in the bible god says hed rather you be cold that lukewarm, so at least try using bible verses against them, it might actually work.

but its better just to ignore these people, they're the ones who give christianity a bad name

Awards

Did you miss the part where I explicitly stated that I was an Atheist? So why would I take a stab at my own beliefs?

And what's all this talk about family? What the hell?

And in Finland you are not looked weirdly if you say you are an atheist.

That is because Finland is better than America, because you have Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, and Children of Bodom.

Last edited by a moderator:

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
Did you miss the part where I explicitly stated that I was an Atheist? So why would I take a stab at my own beliefs? Are you seriously that stupid? Do your parents realize that their mentally retarded child is having explosive diarrhea all over the internet?

And what's all this talk about family? What the hell?

well you need to preorderise your feelings and beliefs if you state that being Atheist is stupid and that outing yourself as 1 is even worse even though you are Atheist all that matters is that Atheism is never going to go away.

Awards
Dude, if I liked to have sex with goats, I would not walk around telling all of my friends that I like to have sex with goats, no matter how proud of it I was. Why? Because we live in a society where that sort of behavior is not socially acceptable, and people will treat you like a pariah if you break the unspoken rules of peer-to-peer etiquette. You can use words like "should" all you want. I am not proposing a solution to end worldwide discrimination, I am simply stating the facts.

And yes, I just compared Atheism (my own "religion", for lack of a better term) to a person who likes to screw animals. Sue me.

Being an Atheist is no different in that respect. We live in a world that is virtually dominated by monotheistic religions (the Catholic sect alone makes up more than one-sixth of the world's population). I am not saying that you should give up your beliefs and conform to the masses for the sake of fitting in and pleasing people, but nor am I saying that you should expect people in general to respond well when they run across somebody who is not like them.

If you have any more comments on the subject, I'll be "preorderising [sic] my feelings and beliefs," to compensate for the fact that you don't speak English.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
well you need to preorderise your feelings and beliefs if you state that being Atheist is stupid
Are you having trouble overcoming your dyslexia or something? Here, let me help you out a bit:

I never said that anything was stupid about being an Atheist,
Still having some trouble there, gottaluvkh?

Once more, for safe measure:

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
Dude, if I liked to have sex with goats, I would not walk around telling all of my friends that I like to have sex with goats, no matter how proud of it I was. Why? Because we live in a society where that sort of behavior is not socially acceptable, and people will treat you like a pariah if you break the unspoken rules of peer-to-peer etiquette. You can use words like "should" all you want. I am not proposing a solution to end worldwide discrimination, I am simply stating the facts.

And yes, I just compared Atheism (my own "religion", for lack of a better term) to a person who likes to screw animals. Sue me.

Being an Atheist is no different in that respect. We live in a world that is virtually dominated by monotheistic religions (the Catholic sect alone makes up more than one-sixth of the world's population). I am not saying that you should give up your beliefs and conform to the masses for the sake of fitting in and pleasing people, but nor am I saying that you should expect people in general to respond well when they run across somebody who is not like them.

If you have any more comments on the subject, I'll be "preorderising [sic] my feelings and beliefs," to compensate for the fact that you don't speak English.

Is the only way to win an arguement in your mind to insult the other person?
i do speak english, and you cant compare a religion, an openly wide religion to a goat shagger.

Still having some trouble there, gottaluvkh?

you very well may be the only one who is stupid enough to out himself as one.

this proves that he thought the person was stupid because he was Atheist even though he is Atheist that doesnt mean other people cant be openly Atheist does it? And "one" makes you sound you disrespect them even though you are one, im good at psychology so dont test me.

When did you make the decision to come out as an Atheist, and what the hell sort of response you expecting?

He made it when he became Atheist probably and he was expecting the responce to be accepting, which looking at America would not be possible, a problem with America everyone has to be the same, difference is looked down on.

SoS do not reply to this with an insult if you are so intelligent then maybe you can have a decent, senseable convosation

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Why is gottaluvkh1992 insistent in referring to Atheism as a "mah religun, hurrhurr", when the purpose of Atheism is to denounce religion?

Also, gottaluvkh1992, you seriously need some reading comprehension. "Stupid enough to out himself as one" states that the act of outing himself among peers who wouldn't agree with such a thing is the thing he declared a stupid decision, not his choice in being an Atheist. learn to read

And yes, in Sam's analogy Atheism is like porking sheep, if you're in a situation when making sweet love down by the fire with cattle is not acceptable, you shouldn't go prancing the fact around even if you're damn proud of it, and then complain later because they don't accept your sheep-loving ways

Now, he's not saying that Atheism is wrong like hot man-on-sheep action, it's an analogy, there's nothing wrong with being an Atheist, but if I'm around a bunch of christian freakos I'm not going to do anything to entice them, even if I'm freaking proud of my agnostic views. Have some sense and keep that information to yourself.

That's is not defending the Christian's reaction to it, they're definitely in the wrong here as well and they shouldn't be acting that way, but that doesn't exempt it being a stupid decision to go and tell them you're an Atheist if you've got the slightest feeling that maybe they'd want to stone you to death afterwards.

No matter how much "Black Pride" someone's got, it's not like they're going to walk their delicious ebony skin to a Klan meeting either, it's calling "having some sense"

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
you cant compare a religion, an openly wide religion to a goat shagger.
Don't you mean he "shouldn't?"

this proves that he thought the person was stupid because he was Atheist even though he is Atheist
Are you being intentionally dense, or are you still trying to overcome your dyslexia? He said "the person is stupid for outing himself as an athiest." Never did he say "he's stupid for being an athiest." There's a distinct difference in what he's saying.

that doesnt mean other people cant be openly Atheist does it? And "one" makes you sound you disrespect them even though you are one,
And by your fantastic logic, not coming out of the closet because of fear would be disrespectful to the gay community.

im good at psychology so dont test me.
HAHAHAHAH, whoops, did I just compare being athiest to being gay? Am I calling athiesm "gay?" Better use your amazing psychological skills to figure that one out!

He made it when he became Atheist probably and he was expecting the responce to be accepting, which looking at America would not be possible, a problem with America everyone has to be the same, difference is looked down on.
Now you're just agreeing with what Sam's been saying the whole time.

SoS do not reply to this with an insult if you are so intelligent then maybe you can have a decent, senseable convosation
If he can't "insult you," then I'll do it in his stead: use punctuation and spell check next time.

Last edited:

Seigvaleheart

I feel for you. I am an atheist as well and have gone through similar incedents. I beleive that you should not bare the pain and the harsh judgement alone, that other people are putting you through. I do agree that when you come out you shouldn't fully accept the fact that everyone will go along with the idea that you are an atheist and there's nothing they can do about it. However, I do not like that they are doing terrible things to you, but the they are just trying to make you feel isolated and lonely for speaking your mind. Most of the christians I know have problems with their own religion, so they resort to a bullying tactic to raise their selfesteem and erase their own faults.If they resort to higher degree of bullying, such as masing(sp?), seek immediate help from your most trusted adult(teacher, parent, friend, and/or guardian). Hopefully, you can sit with some of them who you know who have problems with this "mindset" and you can get it settled in a mature and understanding way.

Hope it goes well.

Last edited:

Joy

Bronze Member
While Sam is right, there are some things that go laong with saying you are an atheist. To be honest, I can very easily tell anyone I am an atheist at my school, and they'll wonder why, but that's it.

It all matters as to how you go about professing your belief. If you say it condescendingly, or without confidence, people will very easily make fun of you for it. We live in a world where every little thing you do matters. So, just saying you are an atheist isn't the whole message. Body language, tone, etc. All of these things matters. So yes, if you were to say something like this:

"**** you all I'm an atheist!"

And you're known for doing that type of thing, you'll be laughed off without a thought. But, if you're with a group of people, or even one on one, and it's mentioned, and you nonchalantly mentioned your atheist, people won't think twice about it. They'll find it very odd, and probably question you about it, and maybe on the inside think you're an idiot, but overall, they won't do a damn thing.

It's all about how you present yourself.

Awards
Is the only way to win an arguement in your mind to insult the other person?

See, this is the biggest problem with arguing with you. I am using all twenty-six letters of the alphabet, and you are only reading the "f"s and the "u"s. Yes, I have taken stabs at you personally, but you are acting like this thread was created so that I could bash at you round after round after round. Read the goddamn things that I've been writing, and not just every other line.

i do speak english, and you cant compare a religion, an openly wide religion to a goat shagger.

If people treat them in similar ways, why shouldn't I compare that?

this proves that he thought the person was stupid because he was Atheist even though he is Atheist that doesnt mean other people cant be openly Atheist does it? And "one" makes you sound you disrespect them even though you are one, im good at psychology so dont test me.

What the hell does being good at psychology have to do with anything? You are trying to prove that I feel a certain way towards a subject by quoting things I have said and pointing out subtle word play that somehow means that I'm an enemy of my own beliefs, or so you think. You'd be a great detective, except for the part about you being a moron who can't seem to stop grasping at straws in a last-ditch effort to prove a moot point.

And as usual, you are totally wrong. America is the single most diverse country in the world--racially, socioeconomically, religiously, and so on. If you think you're going to be more accepted as an Atheist elsewhere than in the United States, I'd recommend that you try Iraq first. Seriously. Walk into a police station in any middle eastern country and proudly proclaim that god doesn't exist. Scream it, in fact.

But anyway, that is not the subject of this thread at all.

Any hopes that I had of having a decent, sensible conversation in this thread were stomped the minute your self-enlightened dumb ass started parading around it. Saying that you are an idiot is not the same as saying that I am a genius.

Last edited:

Trag

Bronze Member
This topic has degenerated into a fight, and a dumb one at that.

Time, I like your solution, because that's exactly how I play it off. But when I say it, I almost hope they question me, because I like to debate intelligently over beliefs. I can say that no less than a few weeks ago, I was very ignorant, but I think that I've learned a lot from joining this site. If your still reading all this, just do what Time said, and don't do what he said not to do.

Joy

Bronze Member
This topic has degenerated into a fight, and a dumb one at that.

Time, I like your solution, because that's exactly how I play it off. But when I say it, I almost hope they question me, because I like to debate intelligently over beliefs. I can say that no less than a few weeks ago, I was very ignorant, but I think that I've learned a lot from joining this site. If your still reading all this, just do what Time said, and don't do what he said not to do.

Oh, so do I. At times it's really nice to 1. prove someone wrong or 2. let someone learn something new.

HeroX45

Why is gottaluvkh1992 insistent in referring to Atheism as a "mah religun, hurrhurr", when the purpose of Atheism is to denounce religion?

Also, gottaluvkh1992, you seriously need some reading comprehension. "Stupid enough to out himself as one" states that the act of outing himself among peers who wouldn't agree with such a thing is the thing he declared a stupid decision, not his choice in being an Atheist. learn to read

And yes, in Sam's analogy Atheism is like porking sheep, if you're in a situation when making sweet love down by the fire with cattle is not acceptable, you shouldn't go prancing the fact around even if you're damn proud of it, and then complain later because they don't accept your sheep-loving ways

Now, he's not saying that Atheism is wrong like hot man-on-sheep action, it's an analogy, there's nothing wrong with being an Atheist, but if I'm around a bunch of christian freakos I'm not going to do anything to entice them, even if I'm freaking proud of my agnostic views. Have some sense and keep that information to yourself.

That's is not defending the Christian's reaction to it, they're definitely in the wrong here as well and they shouldn't be acting that way, but that doesn't exempt it being a stupid decision to go and tell them you're an Atheist if you've got the slightest feeling that maybe they'd want to stone you to death afterwards.

No matter how much "Black Pride" someone's got, it's not like they're going to walk their delicious ebony skin to a Klan meeting either, it's calling "having some sense"

You saying I should have kept my mouth when about being a Atheist yet a Christian can easily go around saying he's a Christian and anyone want judge him for it.

Awards
You saying I should have kept my mouth when about being a Atheist yet a Christian can easily go around saying he's a Christian and anyone want judge him for it.

That is a totally different subject. You wanted advice and you got it. If you want to start pitching ideas about how we can make the world a better, less discriminatory place, start a new thread.

HeroX45

That is a totally different subject. You wanted advice and you got it. If you want to start pitching ideas about how we can make the world a better, less discriminatory place, start a new thread.

Not really your just replacing a Chrsitian with a Atheist.

Joy

Bronze Member
He's saying you should've kept your mouth shut if you didn't want to be made fun of.

He's not attacking you.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

I got 1 thought for you:

"The world isn't fair. Deal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back