• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Only Atheist at School!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroX45

I have been having many problmes at school about beening a Atheist. I have even gotten into a few fights for no reason at all. Many people look at me all werid and think there so better then me and always say I'm going to Hell.

I want to know your options about this and what I should do.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
i know your pain well
i used to be an Athiest myself
this is how i got through it

1 watch what you say,
instead of "oh my god", say "oh my gosh"
and dont bash other's religions

2 if they keep it up, say its a free country and you can believe what you want

3 dont ask things like "what proof is there that there is a god?" "who or what made god if one exists", that stuff just got me into arguments all the time

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Not an atheist myself, but I'd rather consider myself an atheist than side with one of those overly 'Christian' numbnuts like the ones at your school. Just do the same that any smart outnumbered person would do. Ignore it. Try not to get into arguments, stay out of discussions, and if it gets frustrating then act it out on something else.

You can always argue and get into fights, but unless you really find yourself cornered, it's probably best not to.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Ignore them. If someone wants to just talk and is willing to listen to you, then talk. If someone wants to bully you and get into a big fight about the existence of God and why you don't believe in him or force you into converting, then ignore, ignore, ignore.
I'm a Christian, and I would be appalled if I was treating anyone the way those kids at your school are treating you...

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Hard to believe you're the only atheist [in your school] and you got into fights for no reason. It takes two to tangle, as the saying goes.
Many people look at me all werid and think there so better then me and always say I'm going to Hell.
Or is that what you think people think about you? Is that why you decided to fight? To show you were better than them?

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Feel proud that they say you're going to hell...after all, all the important figures in history are already there

Nobody Master

Although I'm a Christian myself, I do know how you feel to be outnumbered. The other 'Christians' shouldn't be fighting with you and definately shouldn't be thinking they're any better than you.

I suggest you ignore it and avoid fighting (like other people have said) but If it's really getting to you, you should talk to your close friends and/or teacher, parents etc. about it

I hope everything works out well for you.

Q

Banned
I love it when Christians persecute others, yet they follow the ways of Jesus, who said not to do such things. :/ Hypocrisy is wonderful.

I say to ignore them. If they continue beating you up, tell an adult. If they won't do anything, tell the next higher-up.

D

Destiny of Sora

I agree with square-enix, I doubt you're the only atheist at that school.

And does this really fit well under the religious section? It seems like this has turned into a Help and Support thread.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Hard to believe you're the only atheist [in your school] and you got into fights for no reason. It takes two to tangle, as the saying goes.
Sqaure hit it on the ball. I just dont see a whole school hating you because your an athiest. You must have done somethign else for them to hate you.

Apollo

Silver Member
I have been having many problmes at school about beening a Atheist. I have even gotten into a few fights for no reason at all. Many people look at me all werid and think there so better then me and always say I'm going to Hell.

I want to know your options about this and what I should do.

I am one of the few at my school! It does not really effect my social life much though. I am still pretty populer!

Last edited:

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
I'm atheist, or rather a 'Closet atheist' no one but my close friends know. So i can't really say i know what you're going through. Just ignore them, tell an adult, and try to keep that fact a little quieter.

HeroX45

Or is that what you think people think about you? Is that why you decided to fight? To show you were better than them?

Trust Me I'm the only Atheist! I'm Black and go to a all black school and people here are very big in Religion. I'm a smart and quite kid who doesn't bother anyone but everyone seems to bother me a lot for no reason at all.

Apollo

Silver Member
Like I said above i am still populer! Do you insult other religion at all? It might help! When people ask me I just say "I really just don't belvie sorry guys"

HeroX45

Like I said above i am still populer! Do you insult other religion at all? It might help! When people ask me I just say "I really just don't belvie sorry guys"

No I don't insult other religion. There just doing it for no reason at all.:confused::unsure:

Apollo

Silver Member
No I don't insult other religion. There just doing it for no reason at all.:confused::unsure:
That is kind of funny because I thought the whole main part of religion was to be nice and a good person!

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Religion is just a tag on people so they can mark the way they have been raised

Do I care about what religion anyone is? No, I'm friend's with christians, and maybe a few Athiests

Trag

Bronze Member
If they say that your going to hell, tell them you'll buy 'em a drink when you get there.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Ahahahahahahaha Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Trag!

Anyways, I'm not sure what to tell you buddy, if it's for absolutely no reason at all, except the for fact you're atheist, maybe you should consider switching schools if its that big of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back