• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► One Word Story *Bleach One-shots*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Seems like I'm posting a bunch of threads right now, huh? Anyway, here's a little collection of one-shots, and I'll try to have them posted in order as much as possible. For the most part the one-shots are going to revolve around the Kuchikis, but there'll be one-shots with the others too.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For those of you interested, I got some inspiration for this piece from the story A Father's Promise by junko. The story isn't mine in even the slightest, but I just thought I'd share with you the inspiration for some parts in this piece (mainly Byakuya and the bedtime story thing).

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Kuchiki Story: The Beginning

I noticed a few things that were interesting this time around. Did Kaien's mother die? I know she slipped into a coma, then Kaien mentions he feels like a orphan now before waking up to see his dad alive again. I still find that quite mysterious because, I wonder how it's possible for Kaien to be with a living and breathing Byakuya again. And I'm kind of surprised Ichigo died because, that felt somewhat vague when Renji reported it in until he said 'they're' as in implying Ichigo had died too. In the meantime, I still loved this story a lot because, it's really refreshing to think Byakuya has a kid.

Additional Scene - Byakuya's POV

It's funny how I don't catch these things the first time but, Byakuya breaking the rules to his deceased parents is quite odd. I'm not sure if that's implying something happened to him because he let someone else into their own home once? And is Hisana alive in this time period? I know Rukia and Ichigo are. No idea about Hisana. In all seriousness, it's still heart warming to see Byakuya take in Kaien, give him a hug, and let his guard down around him too.

Kuchiki Story: Five Months Later

You know, Byakua shouldn't be too hard on himself about messing up. You can't exactly blame yourself for dying when it was inevitable due to the circumstances. Sure it sucks for Kaien to lose him as a parent, but still, that's the risk of being in charge and facing hollows all of the time. Anyways, I like that there could be some father and son time, cause Kaien definitely needed it. I like that they adjusted to each other in five months too. C:

Overall, it was great reading through this a second time, Skitty. C:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Kuchiki Story: The Beginning

I noticed a few things that were interesting this time around. Did Kaien's mother die? I know she slipped into a coma, then Kaien mentions he feels like a orphan now before waking up to see his dad alive again. I still find that quite mysterious because, I wonder how it's possible for Kaien to be with a living and breathing Byakuya again. And I'm kind of surprised Ichigo died because, that felt somewhat vague when Renji reported it in until he said 'they're' as in implying Ichigo had died too. In the meantime, I still loved this story a lot because, it's really refreshing to think Byakuya has a kid.

Sorry for the vagueness, since it was from Kaien's pov, I was trying to get across his confusion and turmoil over having gone from having family to being an orphan in such a short timeframe. Ichigo had been helping Byakuya to fight off the vasto lorde, and because of the sheer number and power the hollows had it lead to Byakuya and Ichigo dying because they couldn't fight them all off. Hisana died a little after slipping into the coma, or at least that's what Kaien believed because of the stress he was under (she is dead though, she fell into a massive depression after Rukia died and her health wasn't that great). As for how Kaien got to a timeline where Byakuya is still alive, Kaien has the ability to look into different timelines/realities, so his mind instinctively did it and by bending the reality around him it allowed Kaien to travel to the reality where Byakuya, Rukia and Ichigo are still alive.

Additional Scene - Byakuya's POV

It's funny how I don't catch these things the first time but, Byakuya breaking the rules to his deceased parents is quite odd. I'm not sure if that's implying something happened to him because he let someone else into their own home once? And is Hisana alive in this time period? I know Rukia and Ichigo are. No idea about Hisana. In all seriousness, it's still heart warming to see Byakuya take in Kaien, give him a hug, and let his guard down around him too.

Unfortunately, no Hisana isn't alive in this timeframe since it's the one from the anime. I don't know if he suffered any repercussions for bringing Hisana and Rukia into the Kuchiki household even though they were peasants. I just know he made a vow on his parents grave in the anime that he wouldn't break the rules again. Although now I may just do a oneshot involving that timeframe. So thank you Cinder.

Kuchiki Story: Five Months Later

You know, Byakua shouldn't be too hard on himself about messing up. You can't exactly blame yourself for dying when it was inevitable due to the circumstances. Sure it sucks for Kaien to lose him as a parent, but still, that's the risk of being in charge and facing hollows all of the time. Anyways, I like that there could be some father and son time, cause Kaien definitely needed it. I like that they adjusted to each other in five months too. C:

Overall, it was great reading through this a second time, Skitty. C:

True, but it didn't stop Byakuya for feeling like he'd let Kaien down for dying. I know in one of the other oneshots revolving around the Kuchikis, Kaien gives Byakuya some advice that Byakuya takes to heart.

Thanks again for the critic, Cinder. :)

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Okay, this one was a struggle to write. So I apologize for the shortness, next time it'll probably focus on one of the other barracks instead of just the Kuchikis.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Byakuya reassuring Kaien was safe tugged at my heart strings a lot. The fear of rejection actually surprises me a lot, but I wonder if perhaps it's because Rukia is still adjusting to Byakuya having a son in the first place in this timeline? Or if Kaien is reading into things too much? Either way, I'm glad Kaien could bring out Byakuya's softer side instead of having him stoic and guarded all of the time. It was a good father and son moment. It was simply fantastic from start to finish. <3 And it's okay if it was short. I don't mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back