• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

One thing scares me so much excitement around The Sleeping Realm Theory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Recently, this theory has become a force in twitter and other sites: https: //docs.google.com/document/d/11d1TKd4ZKZd41pJKQ77bKz4YxJx8_Mojz2KMpNvTrvU/mobilebasic#
The theory is very interesting and entertaining, but as for me, many things in it are stretched out by the ears. For example, the fact that the heroes at the end of KH3 do not look exactly in the direction where Sora and Kairi sit, but as for me, even Nomura and other workers did not look at such trifles when they made the game.
Or the theory asserts that Kairi did not bite off a papu fruit, although in fact she bit off and it shows. I am not against theories, but when people take them too seriously, it does not lead to anything good. As many quite seriously said that Rapunzel's sister Elsa or Tarzan was the brother of Elsa and Anna and in all seriousness tried to prove to everyone that this was true. At the same time, people almost completely began to ignore the words of Nomura from Ultimatia, that Sora really disappeared.
But it is especially insulting for some Soriku fans who now seriously believe that Sokai is dead and Soriku has become the official canon only misleading the rest.
This is the wrong way. As those who do not like any character wish him death. And now this theory will become an outlet for Kairi haters. After all, as for me, it is possible to shipp Soriku perfectly even when Kairi is alive, given that their relationship is already quite developed and Kairi doesn’t care.
What do you think of this whole situation?
I'm just very concerned that people will now actively send out this theory, posing as the truth while ignoring the words Nomura from Ultimatia.

Queeniebee

Website
twitter.com
Personally, I didn’t take the mention of the pairs in with a shipper eye. Might be age showing but love can be any form from platonic to familial and romantic. I do like the theory and how these themes of love tie in to the story before hand, showing Sora all forms of bonding, separation and self sacrifice.

I’ve never been a big shipper, but I can see why you’d worry. Though making people hate Kairi didn’t feel like the point of the theory at all, if anything it made me feel bad for her role in it and I can only hope it gets more light shed on it once the next game installments head our way. As for the Ultimania being released yesterday, I’m sure in due time the makers of the theory will find their own inconsistencies and revamp it; also considering there IS a disclaimer that it as made before the book was released should be noted too. No theory is 100% accurate, but it’s important that they marked a disclaimer. Sadly some fans will take the theory as canon, but that’s what happens with big mind turning theories like these all the time.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I genuinely took it as they just think Kairi's fate is sealed in this worldline not that they want her out of the way for Soriku...since they literally are better developed than Kairi anyway lol.

So wait, did something in the Ultimania confirm the characters ARE looking at the tree at the end? Cuz a ton of people before this have pointed out they definitely are not. This is the first time I saw Roxas, Namine, and Xion avert their gaze toward the tree later tho. Which it does look like. At the very least I think its highly possible neither of them are truly there at the moment. Not sure what that means though.

Nukara

Awards
I genuinely took it as they just think Kairi's fate is sealed in this worldline not that they want her out of the way for Soriku...since they literally are better developed than Kairi anyway lol.

So wait, did something in the Ultimania confirm the characters ARE looking at the tree at the end? Cuz a ton of people before this have pointed out they definitely are not. This is the first time I saw Roxas, Namine, and Xion avert their gaze toward the tree later tho. Which it does look like. At the very least I think its highly possible neither of them are truly there at the moment. Not sure what that means though.

Nomura confirmed in Ultimatii that Sora has disappeared.
So yes, he saved Kairi, but he did not return.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura confirmed in Ultimatii that Sora has disappeared.
So yes, he saved Kairi, but he did not return.

I guess they really messed up the framing if she literally showed up on the tree at that exact moment then lol. Like I am willing to believe Kairi is fine and good now, in fact, I would prefer that over what this theory said about her. If there is one part about this theory I didn't like, its the resolution to her, even though I agree the way they made her "death" is...just super weird. It felt like deliberate choices were made to hint at SOMETHING.

I liked their analysis of Kairi being one of Xehanort's pawns either way. Even if that just meant cuz he used her to piss Sora off...would be kinda neat if there was a little more to it I guess.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally can't say I care for it. They do bring up a few interesting points and parallels. Though honestly some of the points like the circle behind Riku in the final illustration sound rather far fetched, though I guess this is the series where far out there things like that might be more accurate then one thinks.

At times it read almost like they were bending and twisting to find angles that would make KH3 more enjoyable to them than they found the actual game. Obviously that's fine, but if people start buying into this too hard and the next games don't prove it right, we might getting some Last Jedi like lash back.

The reason, why I personally don't really care for it is that this doesn't really work as the ending of the Xehanort Saga. For one how would they all get into the realm of sleep for the second time to play out, are these dream versions of everyone but Sora and Riku? If so Xehanort was not defeated and therefor the saga didn't really come to a proper end unless the rest of the series should take place in the RoS.

Another thing that bugs me is if their explanation of why Sora kept his form is true, that means Kairi really had no contribution of her own in this game, which if she were to be killed off as they imply would be rather disappointing.

SerDuncan

Personally can't say I care for it. They do bring up a few interesting points and parallels. Though honestly some of the points like the circle behind Riku in the final illustration sound rather far fetched, though I guess this is the series where far out there things like that might be more accurate then one thinks.

At times it read almost like they were bending and twisting to find angles that would make KH3 more enjoyable to them than they found the actual game. Obviously that's fine, but if people start buying into this too hard and the next games don't prove it right, we might getting some Last Jedi like lash back.

The reason, why I personally don't really care for it is that this doesn't really work as the ending of the Xehanort Saga. For one how would they all get into the realm of sleep for the second time to play out, are these dream versions of everyone but Sora and Riku? If so Xehanort was not defeated and therefor the saga didn't really come to a proper end unless the rest of the series should take place in the RoS.

Another thing that bugs me is if their explanation of why Sora kept his form is true, that means Kairi really had no contribution of her own in this game, which if she were to be killed off as they imply would be rather disappointing.

I like this theory. There are definitely some reaches, definitely some parts that go too far. I can understand the frustration that could come from this. But at the end of the day, I think that... to a certain extent, I like this theory because it lends depth to a game I feel like has very little. There are some huge sections that add a lot of much needed complexity to the story. I appreciate that. I don't know if it's quite similar to Last Jedi though. With that film... it's clear that Abrams had set up storylines, character arcs. And that's what's his butt came in and pretty publicly rewrote the whole trilogy and did his own thing. With KH3 and the next installment, I think we can see some blowback if there wasn't all this hidden stuff... but I do believe that people would see it was just a theory, and not straight canon. I for one, though, will definitely be headcanoning some of this stuff for my own personal satisfaction.

Also, I don't think this is too SoRiku heavy at all. I'm not usually one for that ship, but this theory makes a compelling case for either their platonic friendship (a la Frozen) or something more, without reaching too far to prove a point.

Back