• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► One Shots by Umbra ~Updated 3/19/10~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
So...I'll post some one shots here. I only have one right now to post.

I'll give more details about it later ((like word count and stuff..))

Title: It's Just a Fairy Tale
Summary: More like a general shortened story of CoM...from Naminé's point of view. <3
Spoilers?: KH Re:CoM, and possibly games after that too..
Characters/Pairings: Namine, Sora, SoNami, Marluxia, Axel, and other Org. members that were at Castle Oblivion.

I don't know what I was born for. I didn't know who I really was. The only thing that I knew were that I had to listen to the people in the black coats. Who were they? I didn't know.

I knew names. Names can mean nothing. Knowing that my name was Naminé didn't tell me anything about myself.

My chest ached. I had no idea why. Or even how. Just that every time one of the Organization members spoke to me, the pain seemed to grow. What was it for?

When I saw Sora, I immediately knew that I wanted to talk to him. He could save me from these cloaked people, couldn't he?

I didn't know exactly what the 'keyblade' could do. But Sora was powerful enough that they wanted him out of the way.

I was ordered to change Sora's memories.

I don't know how I learned to rearrange the chain of memories in Sora's heart...it just seemed...natural. The most important one to him was a girl named Kairi.

When I saw her, through Sora's memories, I felt some kind of...anger. I didn't want her to exist. I can change his memories... I realized. No, I'm even supposed to..

So I hid the memories that Sora had of his 'princess.' What did she have that made her deserve the kind of special attention that I couldn't get? Nothing! Not if he forgot her.

I put memories of myself into his mind. Created memories. Memories that would make me...more than just nothing. It would make me matter to someone.

At first I was happy. Sora started to 'remember' me. He wanted to save me. He cared about me.

And it all felt wrong. I wanted him to help me. My captors kept taunting me. Bothering me. They didn't care. Sora did.

Sora, who I had never met before.

I don't know why I felt such pain from that. Shouldn't I be happy? Sora was like a prince to me. Someone who could free me from the black cloaked people here.

That kind of stuff only exists in fairy tales.

But one of the Organization members let me go see Sora. He had bright red spiked hair. His name was Axel.

I have no idea what he let me go for. Still, I didn't want to waste my chance.

Instead of talking to Sora in the way I had wished to before, I told Sora the truth. All of his memories of me were fake.

I cannot put the relief that I felt when he forgave me into words. He was so kind. I'd done something that would affect his whole being...yet he forgave me.

Sora made me happy.

When he asked, I told him about Marluxia. He said that he would beat him and then come back for me.

And then Marluxia found me.

I don't know how things can change from amazingly good to really bad in seconds, but it did. What would happen to Sora? What was Marluxia planning to do with me?

And Axel...he didn't care about me at all. What was his deal? First he helps me, then he doesn't care at all?

I couldn't understand the Organization members.

But in the end...Sora won. He wanted to know if he could get his memory fixed. I asked him which he wanted--to keep the memories from Castle Oblivion, but lose the old ones, or keep his old memories and lose those of Castle Oblivion.

When he chose to regain his old memories, I shouldn't have been so sad about it. It was expected. Anyone would have chosen the same thing. Yet hearing him say it...I could barely keep from crying.

Sora made a promise to see me again. He wouldn't remember me at all. I'd be gone from his mind. But still, I let him promise.

It reassured me.

I took in every detail of his face that I could, while he was still near enough to me. I wouldn't be able to talk to him for a long time.

I had no idea how long, back then.

After so many complications...it was hard not to give up. Fixing his memories took almost a year. But the promise that Sora had made to me kept me going.

I have to fix his chain of memories, I told myself. After that, the two of us...we can start over. My mistakes won't matter. Nothing will.

Even if it's just a fairy tale.
~~~~~
That's all...yes I'm aware it was very short.
Please comment~
~Umbra~

Last edited:

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Re: One Shots by Umbra

Aw, that was very sweet. I am such a fan of the SoNami pairing; I can thank Smile for that. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.
Thank you~!
SoNami is adorable...:3

*Wipes tears* Man, that's so sad!
Yeah :S. But I'm glad I was able to convey the emotion...that's hard to do sometimes XD. Thanks~!

Anndddd...I wrote another one shot today :D.

It's a Rion fanfic this time. I asked BlackCat what she thought I should do, and eventually that idea came about xD.
So here it is~
((I think it's much longer this time...or at least quite a bit longer. It feels longer XD.))

Title: Before I Will Fade
Summary: The time in Twilight Town may seem to be the last time Xion and Riku met, but it really wasn't. What was their last conversation?
Spoilers?: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.
Characters/Pairings: Xion, Riku, Rion, some mentions of Sora, Roxas and Axel.

EDIT: From Xion's POV.
-----
Who am I?

That was my first thought waking up that morning. My dreams had held more of Sora's memories. I knew what my name was. Xion. But who was I really? What purpose did I have?

None. I was only a replica. I had no reason to exist.

But I could only continue thinking that until I saw Roxas and Axel in the Gray Room. Things were still...awkward between us. We hadn't really talked in so long.

Roxas was still mad at Axel for using force to get me back to the castle. I felt guilty about it. If I hadn't went off with Riku, to learn more..

But how much did I learn, really?

That day Saïx gave me a mission at the Destiny Islands, once again. It was another of those endurance tests. Gather all the Organization emblems. "Defeat any Heartless you see, as well," Saïx said.

"Okay," I nodded. I had already known that anyway. But arguing or causing any trouble with Saïx...that couldn't turn out good.

I opened up a Dark Corridor leading to Destiny Islands. I appeared in the Cove where I was to collect the emblems.

It was finished in a matter of minutes. I didn't meet any Heartless, either.

Maybe I'll stay here for a while... I thought. The beach was so peaceful...there was no reason to return back to the Castle that Never Was so immediately.

I stood on the shore and stared out at the ocean. The wind blew against my face, blowing droplets of refreshing water.

You'll have to leave this, soon, I told myself. To return these memories to Sora..

"Xion?" I familiar voice brought me out of my thoughts. That was good, anyway, I wasn't excited about fading away.

I turned toward the voice and saw Riku, standing only about five feet away. What is he doing here? I wondered. But somehow, I was glad to see him.

"Riku.." I said. Then I sighed. I should probably get back to the castle...this isn't--

"Have you made a decision?" Riku asked, stepping closer.

"I don't know," I shook my head and stared at the shore, watching the waves come and go along the sand. There were a few seashells there, too.

On instinct, I picked one up. What should I do...? I wondered. "I think...I might give my memories back..." How was I so sad about this? Why did I feel so...horrible? I wasn't supposed to feel. I didn't have a heart.

The sadness must have shown. "Xion.." Riku's voice changed a bit. It sounded somewhat...sympathetic. "You don't have to give his memories back. Remember, try to make the choice that's right for everyone. Including your friends."

"But..." I turned toward him while still holding the seashell close. It felt a bit...reassuring. "If I don't give the memories back, then...Sora..."

"I'm just sad," Riku had said, last time we met on the island. I knew, at least partially, what sadness felt like. And I didn't want Riku to have to go through it.

"Heh," Riku gave a small laugh, but it seemed like it held no humor. Just the sadness he had mentioned long before. "Even if Sora's waking up depends on it...I'm still giving you this decision." He seemed to look at me, though the blindfold made it impossible to know for sure. I couldn't read any emotions well, since I couldn't see his eyes, either.

"But Sora's your friend," I protested. I wanted to live. I didn't want to give Sora's memories back. How could I be so selfish, though?

Riku smiled slightly. "You have friends, too," he reminded.

I only nodded. "It's just...so hard to decide. I don't know what to do." Why could I never decide? Why did I not know anything? "It's so frustrating!" I began to tremble from all of the emotions that had bottled up. The emotions that shouldn't exist.

As the seashell slipped from my hand, I simply watched it fall. It didn't matter...just like me...

Riku bent down and picked it up. Could he really see from under the blindfold? I couldn't tell. I took the seashell back when he handed it to me, anyway.

"Thank you," I said. The seashell glimmered in the sun before I put it in my coat pocket. So beautiful...

I felt water start to run down my cheeks. From the ocean?

No, I realized. They're tears.. How did I know that?

But when I accepted them, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I let myself cry, trying to get out my frustration and sadness. I felt like a fool.

And then the most surprising thing happened. Riku walked closer and put his arms around me. it felt so comforting. Just like the time I woke up in his arms...that was here on Destiny Islands, too..

"I'm sorry," I apologized. I started to pull away from Riku, but he held on tighter.

"It's fine," Riku shook his head. His voice held some sadness, again. Maybe we were both sad. "Just...it's fine to cry. When you need it.."

As if it were a reaction, I turned to wrap my arms around him, as well. "Riku...thank you."

We stood there for who knows how long, holding one another. For comfort? I supposed so. What else would it be for?

"I should probably go now," Riku told me. He pulled away and was about to walk away, when I reached out on impulse and grabbed his sleeve.

"Don't go," I said, much too softly. But I guess he heard, because he stepped back beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

Was I? It was hard to tell. "I just..." What? What was it? "I don't want to be alone," I told him. But what about Axel? Or Roxas?They don't know what's going on. They wouldn't understand as well as Riku would.

Riku nodded. His hand didn't move, for which I was glad. It felt comforting.

"Why do you always wear that blindfold?" I found myself asking. I don't know why I did--but at least it was a change from talking about Sora and anything related to him. A nice change.

"I wear it to..." Riku hesitated. "I have much darkness in my heart. This...it helps me keep control of it."

"Do you have to wear it?" My mind was imagining, wondering what his eyes looked like.

"I can take it off for small amounts of time," Riku replied, "but not for too long. Why...?"

"I don't know," I shook my head. "I just thought...I've never seen what you really look like. Without the blindfold."

Riku stared at me for a moment, then asked, "Do you want to see?"

Not knowing how else to answer, I just nodded. He slowly slipped his hand off my shoulder and reached up to his blindfold, about to take it off.

"Wait," I put my hands on his to stop him. Then I reached up to his blindfold--slowly at first, to make sure he didn't mind--and lofted it up myself.

His eyes were beautiful. That was the only way to describe them. They seemed to hold so much...sadness, though. A painful past. What had happened?

Riku slipped the blindfold all the way off his head and held it by his side. He seemed to be studying me with his eyes, but...he looked really sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"N-nothing..." Riku sighed.

"Please...tell me..?" I was still staring into his eyes, then. I don't remember when I had started doing so--maybe the moment he took off his blindfold. It felt like I couldn't look away.*

Slowly, Riku nodded. He looked away, breaking the eye contact and walked a few steps away, along the shore, then looked out at the ocean. "It's just that...you look a lot like Kairi." Why did those words seem to hurt me? I was the one who said the same thing, before. "I haven't seen her in a long time."

I nodded. "Do you love her?" I asked. Why did you just ask that?? I scolded myself. You're so stupid...maybe Saïx is right to call you a puppet.

Riku smirked. "I care about her a lot," he turned toward me, staring at me with the intense turquoise eyes that he had. He started walking toward me. "But I have no feelings for her past that. She's just a friend."

"Okay," I said quietly. I wasn't sure what else to say. Why had I even asked that?*

"I...really should go," Riku said apologetically. He brushed away some of the hair that had blown into my face, causing my face to heat up. Blushing.. I wasn't sure how, but the name of the action came to me. But...why...?

"Okay," I said reluctantly, nodding. I didn't want him to leave. Even if I had Axel and Roxas...things hadn't been the same, lately. "I'm glad I got to see you...one last time. Before I will fade."

"You might fade physically," Riku said. "But the memories of you...they won't fade. I'll never forget you."

"Thank you," his words felt so reassuring. "For everything, Riku."

His eyes seemed a bit more joyful before he brought the blindfold back up and tied it on. He then leaned in quickly, letting his lips touch my forehead, before stepping backward into a Dark Corridor.

He was gone. But I could still feel the kiss..

A kiss...? I was so confused. But...I felt peaceful. I took out the seashell again and studied it carefully.

The shape was somewhat like a pointed teardrop. It was a yellow sand color at the fatter end, and the other end was a pinkish purple color. There were a few spikes on the pink end of it.

The seashell gave me such a reassuring feeling. "I'll never forget you."

I'm so glad that, on that day, I saw Riku.

~~~~~
Random side fact: The seashell woul be the one that Xion left for Roxas at the end of Days :]

I hope you liked~
~Umbra~

Last edited:

*~BlackCat~*

Re: One Shots by Umbra ~Updated 2/26/10~

Oh my... another great fanfic Umbra, and I am happy it's Rion, I loved this one its very sweet. ^^
I expect more Rion from you. :3

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Oh my... another great fanfic Umbra, and I am happy it's Rion, I loved this one its very sweet. ^^
I expect more Rion from you. :3
Thank you~! <3
Lol okayz...not immediately, though XD. No more plot bunnies or kittens or anything around here for Rion..
~Umbra~

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Aw, that was so bittersweet. I really felt like crying after reading that. Riku and Xion did have one of the saddest relationships. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.
Thank you...^.^
Wow, I'm surprised it had that much of an effect though...XP.
Though I did feel sad while writing it...:'(
~Umbra~

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

Aww, I really love the Rion one. It's so cute. ;-;

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Aww, I really love the Rion one. It's so cute. ;-;
Thank you~! <3
Thanks. Yes, well they're filled with a lot of emotions.
Yay...emotions are complicated, so I think they're fairly hard to put in...

I wrote this poem-ish thingy today. I actually have no clue what to call it, or if this should even be a certain style of writing. But I've used it before...
I dunno. Really.
Anyway..
It's from Xion's POV. Just a really short thing.
Contains 358/2 days spoilers.

Title: Why?
Summary: What went on in Xion's mind during her first couple of weeks in the Organization..?
Spoilers?: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.
Characters/Pairings: Minor hints at RokuShi--as minor as the actual game makes them, I think.
Xion, Roxas, and the general Organization members.

-----

I entered the round room.

Everybody staring at me...

Who are they?

I can't even tell.

The 'Organization XIII'...

That name, that means nothing to me.

It doesn't give me any idea who they are.

There is only one boy...one boy who catches my attention.

I don't know his name, yet...

But he seems so much different from the others...

Why?

I look up at him...the one directly in front of me...

Does he see me? I do not know.

I don't know.

I go through motions daily: sleep, awaken, eat, train for missions..

What missions?

What does all of this mean?

I can't stop watching that boy...

"Roxas." Someone says his name, but I don't know who it is. It doesn't matter.

I watch as Roxas and another Organization member leave through a portal.

We always leave through a portal.

Days pass, I don't know how many.

It's not important to know how many.

People leave, only around half remain.

Where did they go?

I didn't know. I didn't need to know.

A mission with Roxas, the next day. What do I do?

I still don't know what the missions are for.

Roxas talks, but I don't remember his words.

I follow, lost. What else am I supposed to do?

Spells, fire...I barely remember, but I try.

I try my hardest.

Mission over, and he stays behind in the town.

I return to the castle like always.

But another mission comes the next day. Another mission with Roxas.

Always the same: fight the 'Heartless.'

What is a 'Heart'? What does it mean not to have one?

I don't understand.

I follow Roxas. I try to attack, I use fire.

It's all that I know how to do.

The 'Heartless' are quick, but I can hit some of them.

Roxas does most of the work.

Why?

Why can't I fight more?

I want to help..

We finish the mission.

But why do I not want him to go?

Don't go... "R..." Roxas.

No, try harder. "...Roxas..."

His footsteps stop, and he asks me what I said.

"Your name..." Was I right? I turn around to face him. "It's Roxas, isn't it?" Words come more easily.

With each word, the next comes more easily.

"Yeah, Xion.." He says my name. The name I had paid no attention to. Number XIV...Xion.

"That's right," Roxas told me.

I nodded, and turned back around to go back to the Castle.

Maybe I was right. Roxas is different.

He was the first one to say my name so kindly.

----
Enjoy my strange writing style..
~Umbra~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back