• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► One Piece

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirot_rules

Has anyone heard or seen this show? Toonami is going to show it and i saw the promo. It looks kindda weird the kid wanting to be a pirate, he is made of rubber or something. So is the anime any good?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I've read the manga, and it is fantastic. I've heard mixed opinions about the anime, though...

Libra

Your Ending Theme
The anime was dubbed by 4kids -_-*

I think it's absolutely horrid. I skip it all the time in Shonen Jump. They need to replace it with Kenshin or Bleach since Viz has the liscence to both the magazine and those manga's.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
One Piece is very... special. I think you need a lot of experience with anime and manga to fully appreciate it.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
All new anime or shows look weird at first and then you become used to the way they look. I might watch it, I mean, I thought that show Zatch Bell would suck and it's actually okay.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Alright. The manga is...awesome. I love the manga and how it's put together...regardless of the fact that I'm viewing it over the net.

But the anime is wretched. Bad dubbing, Sanji is sucking on a sucker (in the manga it's a cig..the cig looks better), instead of darn you (with a worse word in the manga) they use "I'm gonna get you!" in the anime. I hate it when that happens. Stupidity.

So the manga is good...the anime is terrible...unless they actually use the cuss words (I swear, they've used 'em all in the manga) and blood...so much blood in the manga but so nada in the anime..

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
It's not that the manga is better than the anime, it's just that alot of stuff is rearranged to keep people interested if they have already read the manga, and the anime has to be toned down because TV is available to a wider audience than manga is.

Anyway. . .I'd be more interested in One Piece if I didn't constantly recognize voices from Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! in there. It just disturbs me to no end. . .

(Sanji's my favourite character, though, I'm gonna have to pursue the manga someday)

KingdomJan

Alright if you read the manga you'll notice that they call Zoro, Zoro. In the anime they call him Zolo. Now because they started calling him Zolo in the anime they call him Zolo in the manga as well. Now do they call him Zoro in the unrated version of the anime I don't know but from my expirience stay away from the anime.

B

Blade of Justice

I've seen around 10 episodes and it's pretty interesting. Not the best or worst

axelslegwarmer

Website
www.luciferownsme.deviantart.com
I like the manga, but the anime needs to burn. They turned Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop and sometimes they mess up so the lollipop has smoke coming out of it. Not to mention Sanji sounds black when he's white. Though, One Piece is not yet quite awful enough to replace the sore in my heart about the dubbing of Yu-Gi-Oh! so it's near the point of unbearable, but not quite there yet.

I think Zoro is cool, though fighting with a sword on your mouth really would hurt your teeth *has for some reason had a hard pole in her mouth*

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
The lollipop thing is funny though. Serious, it like..never disapears...usually when you suck on a lollipop it like...goes buh-bye.

Yeah, I haven't seen it in ever, I used to only see it just to find out what they did in place of it...for instance, I missed todays...I've missed a lot, but I really hate how they edit it so much. I know, it's for kids, but it is coming on to Ctoon Network.

K

Karn

Wow, at least one anime that we from Germany have seen earlier than you guys in America. lol I totally love One Piece. As for Sanji, he smokes cigarettes all the time, they didn't replace it by a lollypop... well, no wonder, you people aren't allowed to drink legaly until you're... 21, right? lol... Hm.. In germany they all call Zoro, Zorro.. and as for the voices, they are pretty decent. Anyway, I love watching it, even though I've already seen them all, not all, but all of those that came on TV.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I don't think it's the anime that's the problem- it's the AMERICAN version of the anime. The lolipop/cigarette thing, and I think they've "digitally toned down the violence", as they did with FMA. I mean, seriously, wtf? I'm really glad Sweden's not big on anime on TV, because I'd rather buy and download my anime than watch semi-censored stuff on television.

Ultima Riku

LordMune said:
I don't think it's the anime that's the problem- it's the AMERICAN version of the anime. The lolipop/cigarette thing, and I think they've "digitally toned down the violence", as they did with FMA. I mean, seriously, wtf? I'm really glad Sweden's not big on anime on TV, because I'd rather buy and download my anime than watch semi-censored stuff on television.

Damn americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back