• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

One (of probably several) obligatory hype post

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Between listening to Chikai/the demo we have of Don't Think Twice and looking at the beautiful PS4 theme (it's so much quieter than the ones you get from 1.5+2.5 and 2.8) I just can't stop thinking about how much I want this game. I'm going to get the physical copy with the Bring Arts figures and the digital copy to play the night before that shows up in the mail and I'm just so excited! I'm probably gonna go watch all the trailers again when I get off work too.

The characters, the settings, the worlds, the premise, the weapons, the allies, the skills, the summons, the items, there's nothing I don't like about Kingdom Hearts! I've been streaming the others on Twitch as a "road to KH3" thing but they just aren't scratching that itch anymore! I'm on BBS (been doing 100% critical/proud mode playthroughs because mama didn't raise no wimp) but all I can imagine is the trio's fate in 3!!

TLDR; What are you guys doing to contain the hype and try to prepare your bodies for KH3?

cakito123

Awards
I'm planning to buy the digital version of the game. I know I will need a lot of space on my Ps4, but my anxiety will kill me if I have to wait more than 2 days to get KH3 to play!

At the time that 2.8 released I had to wait about 1 week and a half for the game to finally arrive at my house, I almost died. So I'm planning to survive by getting the digital version and playing the game as soon as I can lol

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I play "Chikai" every day to give myself that dose of KH3 intrigue. Other than that I guess I'm trying to 100% the journal + Dream Eater stuff in DDD HD Remix but it's such a slow crawl it might be like anti-hype at this point. I gave up on perfecting BBS Final Remix months ago so I might do that again here, it's just not worth the headache lol.

I'm debating how much I'll allow myself to be spoiled on KH3 while I wait for my physical copy to arrive. I might just tempt fate, roll the dice and see what happens logging into this site and a couple others I frequent. I don't have Twitter or Tumblr so I'm safe there. YouTube could be a bit of a landmine though.

dianted

Awards
I 100%'d KH1 and KH2, and am currently going to do my best with BBS- I also played through CoM but don't have enough patience to try and get anywhere near 100%. About a week or two before the game comes out I'm probably gonna play through all of 2.8.

A day or two before KH3 comes out in Japan I may or may not stay off YT, this site, and most social media to avoid spoilers.

I still don't know if I want to go digital so I can play as soon as possible or if I should go physical and pre-order that way. We'll see.

1_Mendoza

Preordering the deluxe edition and picking it up after work the 29th. I plan to stay off of social media completely between the Japanese release and when I pick up my copy. Will probably become a hermit to play through the game in 3 days before going back into work haha.

I’ve been wanting to try out a few RPG’s while I wait. Really interested in Nier: Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3. Any other relatively similar RPG’s or just games in general y’all suggest?

bagcifreak

I said this in another thread but a store owner near me always gives me games a week earlier if I want to so maybe I can provide some information about the english version of the game. I just have to convince one of my friends to buy it and let me play cause I ordered the Collector's Edition and I doubt it will arrive on the 29th.

Leaferian

Awards
I've preordered a digital copy, but I don't know if I can stay internet-free for five days... I'm probably just gonna have to live with the spoilers. I'm really disappointed though, because the major game I expected to carry me to January, Code Vein, was delayed this week from September to a blanket 2019 release. I don't think there are ant games with character creation coming out between now and KH3 and those are my biggest timesinks. I'll just have to try and stretch Dragon Quest 11 and Darksiders 3 out.

Gambler

The moment the LE PS4 Pro gets a pre-order window in the States is the day I'm dropping dosh.

I'll be damned if I don't at least try to get that!

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm planning to buy the digital version of the game. I know I will need a lot of space on my Ps4, but my anxiety will kill me if I have to wait more than 2 days to get KH3 to play!

At the time that 2.8 released I had to wait about 1 week and a half for the game to finally arrive at my house, I almost died. So I'm planning to survive by getting the digital version and playing the game as soon as I can lol

Man, that really sucks! I don't blame you for going the same route. I've been lucky and where I live Square games have gotten here earlier or on time so I can't say I feel your pain, but I understand how let down I'd be if that happened! At least you have an idea to make up for it though.

I play "Chikai" every day to give myself that dose of KH3 intrigue. Other than that I guess I'm trying to 100% the journal + Dream Eater stuff in DDD HD Remix but it's such a slow crawl it might be like anti-hype at this point. I gave up on perfecting BBS Final Remix months ago so I might do that again here, it's just not worth the headache lol.

I'm debating how much I'll allow myself to be spoiled on KH3 while I wait for my physical copy to arrive. I might just tempt fate, roll the dice and see what happens logging into this site and a couple others I frequent. I don't have Twitter or Tumblr so I'm safe there. YouTube could be a bit of a landmine though.

What issues are you having with BBS? I don't mind try to assist in any way I can. I like to help people out and if it's something you really want I'll do my best to assist. Yeah, it's going to be pretty hard to avoid spoilers once the game comes out in Japan, early review copies and all those people online who just can't resist spoiling everything for everyone. Once January hits I'm probably going to delete any app that will inform me about Kingdom Hearts stuff.

I 100%'d KH1 and KH2, and am currently going to do my best with BBS- I also played through CoM but don't have enough patience to try and get anywhere near 100%. About a week or two before the game comes out I'm probably gonna play through all of 2.8.

A day or two before KH3 comes out in Japan I may or may not stay off YT, this site, and most social media to avoid spoilers.

I still don't know if I want to go digital so I can play as soon as possible or if I should go physical and pre-order that way. We'll see.

Nice, I believe in you! CoM is really easy to 100% but it takes a really long time. If you just grind for enemy cards you'll get pretty high up in level and then you can grind out the rest. Sora is easy, he has a method, but with Riku it's just using card battles until you reach it. BBS is extremely time consuming! And so is DDD, getting all the portals and making all the dream eaters took me a long time. Then getting them all to 9 affinity (which isn't required for all the trophies but is required for the journal) took only a few hours.

Preordering the deluxe edition and picking it up after work the 29th. I plan to stay off of social media completely between the Japanese release and when I pick up my copy. Will probably become a hermit to play through the game in 3 days before going back into work haha.

I’ve been wanting to try out a few RPG’s while I wait. Really interested in Nier: Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3. Any other relatively similar RPG’s or just games in general y’all suggest?

Those are all really good games, but if you're wanting a gripping story I'd go with Persona 5 if you haven't already. That game is amazing. It's a typical turn based battle system though, with it's own twists.

I said this in another thread but a store owner near me always gives me games a week earlier if I want to so maybe I can provide some information about the english version of the game. I just have to convince one of my friends to buy it and let me play cause I ordered the Collector's Edition and I doubt it will arrive on the 29th.

I saw that, you'll probably get lucky in that case but you seem to be the second person with not receiving those games on time!

I've preordered a digital copy, but I don't know if I can stay internet-free for five days... I'm probably just gonna have to live with the spoilers. I'm really disappointed though, because the major game I expected to carry me to January, Code Vein, was delayed this week from September to a blanket 2019 release. I don't think there are ant games with character creation coming out between now and KH3 and those are my biggest timesinks. I'll just have to try and stretch Dragon Quest 11 and Darksiders 3 out.

Aww, I'm sure you'll avoid spoilers! I will put my being into it.

The moment the LE PS4 Pro gets a pre-order window in the States is the day I'm dropping dosh.

I'll be damned if I don't at least try to get that!

I want to do the same, but I'm worried I won't have the money aside to drop on a whole new PS4 when they do (if they do for U.S. T_T)

shady543

Awards
Ah I pre-ordered the DE physical copy because I like physical copies and that way I don't have to worry about backups and my ps4 dying.

But I'm debating on whether the new trailers would be worth watching because I don't want to know everything before the game releases except for like, the ending. New worlds are fine, but if they reveal anything more plot-wise like Aqua's situation I may take a backseat until Jan. I might just have a look through on here and see what is in the next trailer and decide if its worth watching. I've unfortunately been very prone to spoiling everything for myself including the ending before even starting the game and I'm really going to force myself to play blind this time, especially if Nomura isn't holding back with what happens to certain characters. :\

Last edited:

Meow Wow

Awards
I'm just playing the waiting game, I haven't preordered anything yet due to circumstances. I will eventually.

I'm done watching trailers, which will kill me because I really want to see what Sanfransokyo looks like but I can't risk any more spoilers.
Other than that I'm just marathoning all the kh games to refresh my memory on the plot (and maybe attempt getting a platinum on at least one)

Also for those concerned about space on your PS4, get an external hard drive. They sell ones that have terabytes of space, so you'll be covered for a while.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah I pre-ordered the DE physical copy because I like physical copies and that way I don't have to worry about backups and my ps4 dying.

But I'm debating on whether the new trailers would be worth watching because I don't want to know everything before the game releases except for like, the ending. New worlds are fine, but if they reveal anything more plot-wise like Aqua's situation I may take a backseat until Jan. I might just have a look through on here and see what is in the next trailer and decide if its worth watching. I've unfortunately been very prone to spoiling everything for myself including the ending before even starting the game and I'm really going to force myself to play blind this time, especially if Nomura isn't holding back with what happens to certain characters. :\

Sounds like you're gonna have a hard time trying not to have it all spoiled lol

I'm just playing the waiting game, I haven't preordered anything yet due to circumstances. I will eventually.

I'm done watching trailers, which will kill me because I really want to see what Sanfransokyo looks like but I can't risk any more spoilers.
Other than that I'm just marathoning all the kh games to refresh my memory on the plot (and maybe attempt getting a platinum on at least one)

Also for those concerned about space on your PS4, get an external hard drive. They sell ones that have terabytes of space, so you'll be covered for a while.

Buying a hard drive is easier said than done. Unfortunately not everyone can afford that extra storage. I myself have one though! Yeah, I've seen a few people say they're going to avoid trailers after San Fransokyo is shown.

Meow Wow

Awards
Buying a hard drive is easier said than done. Unfortunately not everyone can afford that extra storage. I myself have one though! Yeah, I've seen a few people say they're going to avoid trailers after San Fransokyo is shown.

Yeah I might have to ask the fourm if the trailer is safe to watch; if not, what parts are safe to watch. Man it's going to be fun these next several months.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Once we get the full roster for the Disney worlds I was going to marathon all the Disney films that will be in KH3. Wanna keep my eyes open for Easter eggs.

TehSoulCookie

Once we get the full roster for the Disney worlds I was going to marathon all the Disney films that will be in KH3. Wanna keep my eyes open for Easter eggs.

That's what I've been doing, tbh. I've already watched Tangled, Frozen, Monster's Inc., Hercules, and At World's End. Still need to do a rewatch of Toy Story 1,2, and 3, and then Big Hero 6. I'm saving BH6 for last cause it makes me cry every single time.

I'm also replaying kh1, kh2, bbs, and ddd, all on the hardest difficulties just kinda swapping off between them.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
What issues are you having with BBS? I don't mind try to assist in any way I can. I like to help people out and if it's something you really want I'll do my best to assist. Yeah, it's going to be pretty hard to avoid spoilers once the game comes out in Japan, early review copies and all those people online who just can't resist spoiling everything for everyone. Once January hits I'm probably going to delete any app that will inform me about Kingdom Hearts stuff.
Thanks for the offer, but it's not a problem I'm having completing the material it's just a matter of reduced willpower/interest. Everything left for me to do is postgame content and once I beat Aqua's story I realized I just didn't have any interest in returning to the game just to get punished by some super bosses I've heard aren't all that fun anyway. DDD is a whole other level though, it's like being held hostage by bootleg Pokemon cards.

I really don't mind spoilers, I just think it'll be fun to see how much I manage to dodge if I just go about things normally. I take ages to complete my playthroughs and have no intention of rushing myself through KH3 just to get to the end. I prefer to get the full experience in the first time. The ending is the same regardless of when I get there, after all, and it's more about the journey for me.

Mysteriona

Same here buddy! But I'm also gonna watch the Disney shorts of everything confirmed as well. Have already done
all Toy story shorts which I didn't even know existed lol but extremely enjoyed. Did the one frozen one as well plenty more to go now.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

That's what I've been doing, tbh. I've already watched Tangled, Frozen, Monster's Inc., Hercules, and At World's End. Still need to do a rewatch of Toy Story 1,2, and 3, and then Big Hero 6. I'm saving BH6 for last cause it makes me cry every single time.

I'm also replaying kh1, kh2, bbs, and ddd, all on the hardest difficulties just kinda swapping off between them.

You two are my kind of people. I planned on doing that too, except for all movies from KH 1 up because there's still so much time until we get there. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back