• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Once Upon A Time - "The evilest heart of all"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Darkness Arrives

10371467_771964532859043_4478874845391531614_n.jpg

Maleficent, Cruella, and Ursula arrive in Storybrooke to find their own happy endings.​

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Re: Once Upon A Time - "Storybrooke? Really?"

Storybrooke? It is so obvious I cannot help laughing. I am curious enough to watch it tonight just to see if it is any good.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Storybrooke? It is so obvious I cannot help laughing. I am curious enough to watch it tonight just to see if it is any good.
I totally forgot it was airing. My sister had the pilot and gave it to me yesterday so I forgot it had yet to air ^_^

And yeah haha. (It's actually a line in the show. "Storybrooke? Really?")

Revolution

I tuned in last night and I actually enjoyed it. Not sure if it's a must see for the season though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Give it a try for next week.

I wonder if they're going to show more of the Fairytale world. It looked so beautiful.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

This sounds just like Fables.

Because it is Fables. I read about them making a show based on the comic shortly after the Walking Dead proved to be a success. But it looks like the writers of Lost got ahold of it, and decided to make it more connected to their series than what it was originally supposed to be based off of. =I Yet another potentially great story is about to be ruined by horrible writers who don't deserve the popularity they have.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Second episode was good.The scenery in the Fairytale world is just gorgeous. I feel that it is a brilliant pace and good storytelling when in the flashbacks, but in the real world the quality dips a little.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

I've been following this series for a while now and really like it. However, I also do agree that Storybrooke is a bit cheesy, but I think the writers meant for it to be deliberate.

The series was off to a good start but was beginning to become a bit lackluster once it started to reveal more about the shrink/Jiminy Cricket's past, but it has picked up a bit better since then. I'm liking the plot twists that the writers have been adding along the way.

One thing that really pissed me off was when we got to see how Cinderella's fairy godmother looked like for the first time, and then she suddenly gets killed by Rumplestiltskin. :mad:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't remember Rumplestiltskin killing Cinderella's fairy god mother o_O.

Jiminy's episode was brilliant in terms of how the viewer understood things, like the Dolls inspiring Gepetto to make puppets, and Jiminy wishing upon a star.

I love the how the plot intertwines with everything going on. I must say, I'm excited for a Red Riding Hood episode.

And Snow Whites Coffin being underneath Storybrooke? How intriguing :3

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com

You don't know how much it's been bugging me not knowing just what that thing in the mines was. I loved Jiminy's episode, and the fact that he has Pongo is just hilarious.

My only real concern would be whether or not the flashbacks will always intertwine with the plot like they have been these first couple of episodes. But that likely won't be a problem until the next season or late this one.

/Rule of Caution with possible-spoiler

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You don't know how much it's been bugging me not knowing just what that thing in the mines was. I loved Jiminy's episode, and the fact that he has Pongo is just hilarious.
I thought it was part of the tower until I read some reviews online and they all said it was her coffin.

My only real concern would be whether or not the flashbacks will always intertwine with the plot like they have been these first couple of episodes. But that likely won't be a problem until the next season or late this one.
I'm just worried it's all going to be resolved by episode 13 and then I have no idea what they're going to do for the last 9 episodes.

/Rule of Caution with possible-spoiler
I think that one day after the episode has aired, spoiler tags aren't necessary.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I do admit that their track-record with shows haven't been great (*cough* Scrubs */cough*) but they've done good with this show, and it pulls in high ratings so they're not cancelling it any time soon.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com

I'm just worried it's all going to be resolved by episode 13 and then I have no idea what they're going to do for the last 9 episodes.

Oh right, this is an American television series. I've forgotten how long those tend to last...

I think that one day after the episode has aired, spoiler tags aren't necessary.

Hmm... probably... /le shrug

The ABC channel is just disgusting. no offense

I do not believe I understand what you are trying to convey here...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Oh right, this is an American television series. I've forgotten how long those tend to last...
This one's going good though, it was renewed for a full season only a few episodes in so we'll get at least one full season.

Edit: Wow. Wow. Just... Wow.

Last edited:

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Once Upon A Time

I didn't see a thread for this. I'm suprised because it is rather amazing. If you haven't seen it the basic concept is that

"In the Enchanted Forest, the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) interrupts the wedding of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince "Charming" James (Josh Dallas) to announce that she will cast a curse on everyone and take away all they love so that she is the only one with a happy ending. Later, Snow and James become concerned for the child they are expecting and seek advice from an imprisoned Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle). He tells them that the curse will exile everyone to a new world and their only hope is the couple's daughter Emma, who will return to them on her twenty-eighth birthday. Just as the curse sets in, Emma is born and placed in a magical wardrobe that only protects one from the curse. When the wardrobe is opened again, the newborn has disappeared. Triumphantly, the Evil Queen tells Snow that the curse is taking them "somewhere horrible."

Through a series of events (which I won't spoil) Emma finds herself in this town where all the storybook characters have ended up.

One of the things I find particularly interesting is the original way in which some of the Fairy Tales and their origins are told (in flashback sequence) I also like that since the Network it is being run on is ABC (which is owned by Disney) that they are able to incorporate some of the Disney elements of the stories. Such as the dwarves whistling HI HO.

Anyone else watch this show?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Re: Once Upon A Time

i watched the first episode and last and it wasnt half bad. then i watched the one last satureday and was completely lost. lol
i will probably have to start over to if i want to get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back