• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

On what Console will you buy Melody of Memory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which console you’ll buy your KH MoM on?

• Ps4

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Switch

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Xbox

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Hmm might buy it on more then one console

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 252753

After watching the Nintendo Direct on my Switch, I am sure that I want to play this game on it. I like to listen to music with earphones to tune out the world sometimes so playing this on portable mode will be perfect for me to create a KH bubble. Plus my partner and niece generally prefer playing on the Switch to the PS4 and I want to get them to try too.

I'm getting it on PS4 because I don't play on the go or anywhere else but home and the platinum seems fun to get.

Soldier

Awards
First off, this thread was made on my birthday, which is great.
Second, I'll stick with the PS4. After platinuming every KH game under the sun, my sanity be damned, I will play every KH game on playstation consoles when available. Of course I had to make exceptions for those released on the DS family, but you all get what I mean right?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm planning on getting it on the Switch, that way I can take it with me for when I go to do my laundry. Plus I guess after ears of conditioning it just feels right to play a non-numbered KH game on a portable device.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
PS4 so I can play it at a higher resolution, and plug my headphones into the controller. That and the case will look nice next to KH3.

Ultimately, also, I'm sort of 'boycotting' my Switch lately. Nothing crazy, but Nintendo has settled into that awful groove where they have a lead and a few good titles and stop delivering beyond them. Animal Crossing is good, but between that and Paper Mario, Nintendo has failed to release any fun, skill-based 'core' experiences in 2020 and they have nothing on the horizon except for Zelda, which is likely very far away still. This absence of titles isn't even because of the pandemic, either. The real pandemic drought will happen next year. Nintendo had nothing planned.

So while Kingdom Hearts on the Switch sounds appealing (I'd have loved 1.5+2.5 more than anything) I can't go for it right now because I'm just burnt out on my Switch.

PikaPal

Awards
A tie between either the PS4, the Switch or both.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
PS4 so I can play it at a higher resolution, and plug my headphones into the controller. That and the case will look nice next to KH3.

Ultimately, also, I'm sort of 'boycotting' my Switch lately. Nothing crazy, but Nintendo has settled into that awful groove where they have a lead and a few good titles and stop delivering beyond them. Animal Crossing is good, but between that and Paper Mario, Nintendo has failed to release any fun, skill-based 'core' experiences in 2020 and they have nothing on the horizon except for Zelda, which is likely very far away still. This absence of titles isn't even because of the pandemic, either. The real pandemic drought will happen next year. Nintendo had nothing planned.

So while Kingdom Hearts on the Switch sounds appealing (I'd have loved 1.5+2.5 more than anything) I can't go for it right now because I'm just burnt out on my Switch.

I'm sorry, but the mental gymnastics on this one got to me.

1. Like of course the Pandemic effected this year's releases, it is without question it did. Its not like devs have all of their games finished in January & wait until whenever to release them. Obviously Nintendo had intended to at least do an E3 show, the lack of a major direct at all isn't by their design. SSBU was expected to have 6 DLC fighters throughout 2020-2021, meaning about 3 per year meaning we should've at least heard about a 2nd character after Min-Min by now. That strikes me as a strong sign that 2020 did indeed mess up their 2020 plans.

2. There were other releases, everybody's always so quick to forget the Xenoblade series, aren't they? Also, there was Clubhouse games & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

3. Nintendo's only 1 company & can only make so many games at once. Games take forever to make & Nintendo doesn't rush them like others would. So yes, this does mean droughts happen. Has nothing to do with Nintendo execs purposely choosing to not release anything for a whole year.

4. I very much doubt Nintendo themselves knew how big AC was gonna get & weren't placing all of their eggs in that basket.

NoWay

Awards
Wasn’t it confirmed that all new PS4/XB1 games are going to have PS5/XBSX enhanced versions/updates?
Or am I misinformed?

If this was the case, I would buy the PS4 version to experience the game on the PS5.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Wasn’t it confirmed that all new PS4/XB1 games are going to have PS5/XBSX enhanced versions/updates?
Or am I misinformed?

If this was the case, I would buy the PS4 version to experience the game on the PS5.
They're at least backwards compatible, if nothing else.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Played it on PS5, beat it, and returned it in a day. I didnt have any of the input lag problems that I did with the demo, curiously enough

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Lite was a mistake, Nintendo shouldn't have taken the docking feature out of it.

I'm a handheld gamer at heart so the Switch Lite is perfect for me, I didn't need the regular Switch because I use a PS4 for multiplatform games.

That being said, I was thinking of buying this game for Switch but I ultimately decided to select the PS4 instead because of the PS5 backwards compatiability.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nintendo had expressed a year or two ago that they wanted households to have more than one Nintendo Switch. What better way than to sell an undockable Switch for $100 less and prettier colors? Also, Switch Lites were sorta made for female consumers, seeing as how Nintendo's data affirmed that female consumers were more attracted to the Lite, reason as to why Lite's colors are less traditional (white, black) and more colorful (sorta light-ish blue, salmon).

That being said, I am definitely getting Melody of Memory for the PS4. I was thinking for the Switch, but ehh, I already have KH I.5+II.5 and KHIII on the PS4. Might as well finish the collection on the PS4.

Back