• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► omg massive guilt

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
So, I've been living with my grandma for about 8 years [though my siblings used to live with us, but they moved out after high school], and I always thought she was...uh, fine?

But recently I was doing my homework and stuff and I went out of my room for a second and grandma was just sitting in the living room alone, crying. She asked me how my english paper was coming and said that it was getting a little lonely just sitting in silence.

I didn't really know what to say, it kind of freaked me out.

Right about now I'm feeling pretty selfish and retarded that I have to come running back to the computer and totally didn't help the situation at all, but I really don't know what to do.

I always kinda assumed that just succeeding in school and going to college is what would make her happy, but really that's all her life is. Besides making phone calls to the rest of her children and family and stuff, she just sits on the couch with our cat and watches TV.

The worst part is that I don't want this to be my problem, it just feels so awkward and guilty that I'm going out with friends and having fun and being happy while she's just withering away.

Help please, if you could.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
one thing you could try to do is make special nights that you and your Grandma spend together, it doesn't have to be anything big, start small, play board games or ask your Grandma to teach you something she likes, does she crotchet or knit? learning to do something that she enjoys can help bring you two closer and provide her with something to do and something to look forward to. Also ask her about her childhood, you can learn a lot about your family and people love telling stories.

Your Grandma does want you to succeed, never forget that.

Also you shouldn't feel guilty, you don't need to choose between your friends and your family, you just need to learn some balance, you don't have to stop hanging out with your friends, your Grandma wants you to be happy.

I hope this helps you and your Grandma ♥

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Balance.

Don't spend all night with grammy, discussing knitting.
But don't get drunk every night with your friends.

Mix it up.

Firo

Oh Crap
Like everyone else has said, spend time with her. You obviously have time to spend with her now so go keep her company.

Firo

Oh Crap
I'm doing homework. :c

I did go help her wash dishes and stuff earlier, but I still feel like a brat.

Just remember she's your grandma. Just spend time with her every once in awhile. It may not seem much to you but it means alot to her.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Get her drunk while there's still time.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Get her drunk while there's still time.

I see you are taking this very seriously.

I agree with most of the others; try to talk to her more often, spend some time with her. I bet she'll be much happier if you do so. :3

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well everyone is going to offer you the same type of advice except the idiots that say get her drunk...

Anyway of course take some time out of your busy schedule to actually just sit with her. Just accompany her for a night or two a week. All you have to do is maybe watch tv with her or do something else you both will enjoy. Hell if you want to try to cheer her up get a party together for her with all your family or something. Complaining about how you feel like a brat won't solve anything so perform some sort of action.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
I have to agree with all of the serious responses in here. Finding an even balance is probably the best thing you can do. There's really not that much else you can do to keep you and your grandma happy. It's tough, but it'll work out.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Every good grandma enjoys a game of Scrabble. I'm sure a you can spare 45 or more minutes out of your weekend to play a game with her or talk. Really. Just spend some more time with her. I mean, assuming your grandma is fairly aged means she won't be around forever (sorry to say) but your friends will be here a lot longer (assuming there aren't any accidents, ect.) So spend time with her while you can.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Exactly. I, for one, wish that I spent more time with my grandparents, as both grandfathers and grandmothers are dead.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Try not to make her feel awkward though. Just because she's old doesn't mean she's stupid, she knows that you probably wouldn't choose to spend time with her outside of normal activities. So make those your times for her. You've already helped with the dishes, you could probably cook with her, or something of that sort. Whatever you decide to do, try to get her to tell stories, and listen to them. Old people have some of the best stories ever, which is surprising to some people. She'll feel better telling them, and you'll likely actually enjoy listening to her.

Good luck.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
make her dinner every now and then.
you should talk to her one the weekdays.
go to church with her on sundays.

but also have some time for yourself and your friends.
mix it up.

;P

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
find a hobby your grandma likes, maybe playing cards, reading, or knitting, and do it with her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back