• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Olympus Coliseum] Desperate Deals [OPEN]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
STORY ROLEPLAY
World: Olympus Coliseum
Starting Location: Underworld = Cave of the Dead / Overworld = Coliseum Gates/Lobby
Open to: Kingdom Hearts: Arcana Roleplayers

Theme

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Underworld...though many of the worlds had a special place of their own, for which the soul of their departed could go and possibly find rest, for a vast majority it was here they would eventually end up. The dark cave-like world seemed to stretch forever in all directions, the same soul sapping feeling clung to all those who set foot here, all except a select few of course.

It was here that a spiky blonde haired man had found himself, more by choice and purpose than simply having come to the end of his time. The large circular room had nothing in it but the raised centre of stone, which seemed to act more as a table than anything else, and the jutting rocks on the far wall, molded to form the large throne which was currently filled.

So, let me get this straight here. You came all this way to see me, Lord of the Dead, fought all those horrors on your little trip through the Underworld, and all you wanted to do was ask me if some kind of wannabe hero passed through this place whatever number of years ago?” Said the flame-haired figure, the dark smoke bellowing up from the bottom of his black robes fading away the second the wisps escaped into the air, while the two little figures by his side seemed to be taking pleasure from the figure focusing his attention on someone other than them.

That’s right...I heard he might have been here...no one seems to know up-top.” Replied the blonde, spiky haired man, his arms crossed over his chest as he kept to the far side of the room away from the figure, who had already started to step off his throne.

Woah, hey, no new news for my ears, you know what I mean? Bunch of yes-men and funny goat-things that can’t seem to count, much less remember last week. Now me? I’m a people pleaser. I like to make the impossible happen, and when you came here, I knew there must be something I could do.

So, you’re saying you know where he is then…?” The patience was clearly fading from the spiky haired man’s tone, the cold glare from his eyes passed from the floating flame-haired figure and towards the two little demons, who both immediately flinched and hid behind the now empty throne.

Heyheyhey now, did I say that? I don’t think I said that. Now, can I find out where he is? Mmm maybe, but it might be better if I didn’t have so many other things on my mind to deal with. Boy oh boy, just feels like one of those days where you can use another set of hands, huh?

...What are you leading me around to, Hades?

Okay Cloud-y boy, have I got a deal for you!

--------------------------------------------

The structure before the three new arrivals to the world seemed massive in scale, especially with the flanking bronze statues that held their swords above the entrance. The last few wisps of their portal faded away while the tallest of the three, Sleif, hung back a step or two, slowly keeping up the pace with them as he admired the sight of where they were.

Hey now, when that Leon guy mentioned we try this place out first, here was me thinking it was just some run of the mill training place. Got to say though, pretty nice set up.” Said Sleif, his attention immediately shifting as he veered off course from his walk behind Shlay and Zach, and towards the large signs that mentioned some kind of tournaments that must have been held here.

Soooo...any ideas where we should be trying first?

Last edited:

wolfshadow

Zeryn slowly woke up, his eyes hazy as he looked around trying to see past the glazy brightness that surrounded him. So....So bright...
The young man slowly closed his eyes to shield from the light that seemed to almost pierce into him somehow.

Sleep..sleep and the pain will be all over...!

That voice...no...I can't! I-..I have to find...

Zeryn's eyes quickly shot open despite the slight pain from the light that surrounded him. "Eliza!?" The young man started to panic a bit as he then was able to take in the surroundings that were originally hidden from view. He was hidden away in a corner of what seemed to be a giant courtyard of some kind. Two giant bronzed statues stood on either side of an archway which was held up by about eight pillars. Most of the courtyard was covered in sand? Dirt? The young man couldn't tell and didn't think to inspect it for long. Zeryn got up slowly and walked away from the corner more of the light that came from the sun above. I know that no courtyards of any kind exists in Donarun. So I must not be on Donarun anymore. Zeryn tried to make since of all that happened before he ended up here. But for now all he could picture was Eliza and then darkness.

Zeryn needed to find her, hopefully she was on this new world. Or...maybe she wasn't, but there as no use wondering, he just needed a clue as to where to go next. He then noticed a group of three that may be from this world. He just needed to know what they knew and that was it, he'd be on his way. He walked over to one who seemed to be looking at a large sign. "Hey. Got a minute?"

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Shlay watched as Sleif walked towards one of the various big signs. She soon came to notice that the signs where listings of the various tournaments going on. Shlay stated to Zach, "Don't you think its crazy that THIS is the first place he sends us? I was wondering if that mullet wearing goth was gonna send us to some training camp type world, but a Coliseum!? Plus it's one of those... Greek coliseums." Asi quivered, "Shlay! Whatever you do... Do NOT drop me! Don't even place me an inch from your waist!" Shlay continued, "The hygiene here must be divine!" After reading one of the listing from a small distance, she noticed none of them where pure names. Shlay paused in deep thought, You would think the names for these rounds would be more manly. I guessed Borock, or Sephiroth! All these names sound like gimmicks of a steampunk carnival. Eh... Shlay ran towards the center of the courtyard. She then looked around and noticed two separate entrances. One leading towards the stadium, the other looking ominously droopy and dull in stature. Almost like it died.

Shlay yelled, "Heeey!" Then she noticed a character speaking with Sleif. Though uneasy at this persons random appearance, they hadn't started any conflict, so she could care less. Shlay continued yelling to Zach and Sleif, "Lets enter the Tournaments! We're bound to run into some strong people there!" Asi quivered, "Blaaaaank... Your getty persona is blinding. Can you at least add a small bounce to your obviously on guard stature." Shlay became distracted, blushed, and thought,"On guard!? What are you saying?" Asi quivered, "I'm saying your more stiff than the royal cleaning crew." Shlay became more flustered and exclaimed, "Are you calling me a BROOM!?!?" An awkward silence followed her profound expression. As her face boiled she continued, "Screw you Asi! I'm gonna enter the Tournaments. Even if we don't find Cloud, I'm sure they'll have some shiny treasure for the winners! With names like, Rolling Flames and The Monkey Barrel, I'm pretty sure we could handle the whole lot! Hmm..." Shlay thought, Those list look pretty long though... Think we should have stacked on some potions? My healing skills are close to zilch.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
At a different time and place...
"You're a tough little cookie to make it all the way down here, you know that?"
"I do not believe I am edible."
"You'd be surprised, sweet-cheeks. Listen, I've heard what you've had to say and all, but I can't just go around giving souls out to every little girl that dreams of electric sleep. Part of my contract, really complicated jargon involved that would make your head spin."
"My head is securely fashioned. There is no amount of jargon that will cause it to loosen."
"Jeesh, you're a buzzkill."
"Who is Buzz? i do not recall--"
"Yeah yeah yeah, listen. I can't just give you one, but maybe if you help me with a little problem I've got on the topside, I miiiiight just let something slide."
"Slide?"
"Yeah, slide. Keep it on the down-low. Under my hat. Under the table."
"I am not sure what you mean, but I assume if I help you, you will help me?"
"That's the ticket. All I need you to do is enter the Games they have going on. You're what I call a 'back up strategy'."
"So I must enter these 'games' and you will provide me with what I have requested?"
"By George, I think she's got it! That's exactly it, little lady."
"I do not know this George, however this seems adequate."
"Good, good good good. Feel free to warm up on whatever nasties you run into while making your way back."
"My systems do not require further heating."
---​
Snow pressed against the large doors that bordered the underworld with the coliseum with relative ease. As she walked through, she noticed her right arm was still sporting the blade she had used to fight through her previous endeavors. With a swift motion, the blade receded into her wrist and was promptly replaced by a gloved hand. The android quickly processed that the location of these 'games' were most likely held passed the large pillars and inside the housed inclosure.
"Pardon me." Snow said as she walked passed the party that had arrived before her and opened the doors leading to the coliseum.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
"So... it's decided then. The three of you will have to travel the worlds, and find us our allies. Yuffie, Aerith, and myself will keep an eye on things around here."

Crystalline grains of sand crunched reminiscently underfoot with each step Zach took. Through the portal, he walked with deliberate caution across the Coliseum's entrance lagging a bit behind Shlay. A mix of glee and gloom filled the young warrior's heart at the site of the perfectly constructed stone pillars and the shining bronze sentinels presiding over the Lobby gate. The place was exactly as magnificent as he remembered, and his memories of the place were as embarrassing as they had ever been. Redness obvious upon his face, he halted and planted his feet after just a few strides. "I guess I was destined to revisit these inadequacies," he said under his breath, replaying some of Leon's last comments in his head.

"Find Cloud. He's a mastered swordsman; very powerful, and far from dumb. Used to be a big deal around our parts. Word has it that he's been battling around the Olympus Coliseum these days. He's well-traveled though; get him in on our plans and we'll be guaranteed to find more bodies."

Zach jogged his way up to Shlay. "Leon did say that our guy here has been fighting in the games a lot. Fighting in the tournament might be the only way to get him to join us; assuming we can actually beat the guy... I'm all for a shot at redemption. Consider me in." He cocked his head over his shoulder, throwing a glance to Sleif, behind them and another person darting across the corner of his eye. "Hey Sleif... huh, what's up guy?" He questioned, redirecting his address from Sleif to to the other.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards

-----------------------------------------------------

Dark Garrison...Red and Blue Legion, very original names there...False Agents...Elder Force? What kind of group names are these…?” Sleif thought to himself, the tall young man having to sometimes squint his eyes in order to see the names of competitors high up on the ridiculously sized notice board.

"Heeey! Lets enter the Tournaments! We're bound to run into some strong people there!" Though the man heard Shlay even from the good few feet of distance between them, Sleif still continued silently reading the rather ludicrous names this tournament held, yet still was able to answer back just as Shlay had.

Sounds pretty good to me! No point leaving this place until we know for sure there’s no reason to stay! Do you really think we’ll find...Oh?” Suddenly stopping, Sleif noticed a new face coming towards him, someone he was pretty certain wasn’t anywhere around when himself, Shlay and Zach arrived, though he was busy admiring the laughable titles on the tournament boards so it was possible the new person could have came from inside the large statue flanked building.

"Hey. Got a minute?" Asked the young man, Sleif still having his arms crossed before his chest as he turned to face the newcomer. Everything about the man, from his brown slightly messy hair, to the tough leather-like material of a jacket (Something that Sleif had a feeling was definitely not common on this world, just from the initial looks of the place), every little thing was catching Sleif’s eye, a very helpful trait he learned to pick up through the missions he’s had over the years.

Got plenty of them, actually. What can I help you with?” Asked Sleif, smiling down towards the young man before looking towards Zach just as he came up towards them. The sight of Shlay having a mini meltdown before just as quickly silently turning to deep thought, was enough for Sleif to know she was quite busy already for the moment.

"Hey Sleif... huh, what's up guy?"

Was just about to find out myself. Guy here was...sorry guess we shouldn’t really go on like this, huh? Name’s Sleif, over there is Shlay, and right here is Zach.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The creatures of darkness erupted with every swipe of the massive sword, the blade cleaving through large groups like they were nothing, and leaving only the sight of glowing hearts floating into the air before fading away. It was something the swordsman had seen plenty of times over the years, it was also a clear sign that those freed hearts would only be so for a short time, the darkness always finding a way to cling them back, and with them the same Heartless would return.

The large sword was easily hefted onto Cloud’s back, the blonde haired man’s face still sullen and serious as he made his way out of the arena and towards the large iron gates ahead of him. Slipping through the rather spacious metal bars, the little alcove was enough to keep the man out of the glaring sunrays, the light having been beating down since he came to this world and always so intense.

When’s he going to show up, I can’t wait around any longer…” Cloud thought to himself, the man finding a chance to rest as he leaned against the cool stone wall the shade provided.

wolfshadow

Myrun nodded to the other two members who Sleif introduced as Zach and Shlay. He figured it was his time to introduce himself, even though he particularly just wanted to ask them his question and then go on with his life. "The name's Myrun. I was wondering if any of you've seen a woman about the same height as me around here? She has emerald colored hair." Myrun hoped any of them did see Eliza, the only thing was that it seemed hard to tell if they were from this world or not. "Her name's Eliza if that helps." He didn't mean to be so short with the three others, but his patients was wearing thin for some odd reason, like there was just this nagging feeling that something wasn't right with this place.

((sorry for the short post, just got home from work and wanted to respond real quick.))

SwagStarIV

Awards
Zach's in! Shlay was enjoying the flow of things. With the others talking, and Shlay ready to roll, she couldn't help but notice the traffic, So far they saw 2 people... Where are all the fans!? From the tournaments and rounds I've seen, all the people were standing around watching. Shlay saw the others gathering around the new guy, but her blood boiled from the last battle. Shlay thought, Leon... Cloud... Yuffie... Aerith... So many combatants! Each with their own unique classs. Soon we'll making our own tag combos. I wonder where my spot is? Think I can shoot my sword engulfed in some magic! Better yet... All our swords! We could kill a Gummi Ship with that move!! Asi quivered and Shlay said, "Shush"

Shlay took a moment and breathed. Her mind tried to wander to other topics and places, but Shlay remembered she hadn't taken a moment to herself since she arrived in Traverse Town. She closed her eyes and held the sheathed Asi with a graceful uncertainty. As she focused in on her body, the environment spoke back with a ravishing flush of senses. The image portrayed was that of several ripples on a pond, each ripple being shaped and quaked as the object projecting the subsequent effect. A vast count of colors and ethereal tones began to register, and Shlay could see as those who were one within themselves. The dividing streak, usually known as the sky, had a dark streak within it. The tone of the sky had been changing. It was as if the atmosphere was reacting to the uprising darkness. The darkness of my comrades is nothing new. Still... This new guy reminds me of Riku. Plus his pleasant nature makes him more welcoming than I'd presume. Maybe I should scat... Shlay heard the mention of her name and opened her eyes. She gazed at her party while scooting towards the Coliseum entrance, took a deep breath, and vanished with not but a baked orange dazzle left behind her.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Zach's fully body followed suit with his head, cutting a one-eighty across the sand with his next step forward. "Go on in. We'll catch up," he called back t Shlay, whom he was certain wasn't even paying the slightest attention.

"Myrun, was it?" Approaching Slief's meeting with the stranger, Zach made a necessary courteous smile. The hesitant caution with which he had been approaching the gates only cemented itself even deeper into his manners as he drew to a halt besides Slief. Myrun didn't look to be in a very "people friendly" state. Maybe he was just stressed, or maybe that was just how he was; in either circumstance, Zach felt the need to tread carefully. "I'm sorry. But we've only just arrived here ourselves. If this Eliza is around, then you'll be better off asking the old goat that runs the Coliseum. He'll have all of the names, assuming he's not too stubborn to tell. We were actually heading inside; coincidentally, we're looking for someone as well."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-----------------------------------------

The initial lobby of the coliseum was certain not the most spacious room Shlay would have found herself in recently. The small square shaped chamber was just big enough to show off the tiny display of trophies from the most recent tournaments, and only then because they sat in their own separate alcoves and were safely out of the way.

Though the sight of the snow haired woman was already beginning to disappear through the only other doorway of the lobby, there still remained a single figure. The small goat-like being seemed to be busy at that particular moment, the chisel and hammer he held already tapping away at the hand-sized marble tablet, just as if he was writing something on a piece of paper.

Jeez, everyone is entering today, huh? Never seen the place this busy. So who do we got here now, another weather-themed name? What is it? Sleet, Hail, Blizzard, Sunstroke….

-------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry. But we've only just arrived here ourselves. If this Eliza is around, then you'll be better off asking the old goat that runs the Coliseum. He'll have all of the names, assuming he's not too stubborn to tell. We were actually heading inside; coincidentally, we're looking for someone as well."

And at the rate people keep arriving here, I’m wondering if any one of us’ll find who we want. Still, no point just standing out here in the sun all day, at least I’m not really that keen to do so...and neither was Shlay apparently...so if you guys will excuse me, I’ll see if I can reign in Shlay while also getting some cool shade. See you two inside.” With that Sleif began to make his way across the sun-dried and dusty ground, the large dark sword of his catching the sun’s rays from time to time, and though it always succeeded in casting a shadow, no kind of glare or reflection of light seemed to exist from its strange dark surface.

As the tall man passed through the lobby doors and sighed as he felt immediately more comfortable now that he was out of the sun, the man’s eyes almost instantly fell upon Shlay, the poor young woman seemingly now stuck as the goat-like creature before her continued to list off what seemed to be different kinds of weather, all as he continued to chisel on some kind of tablet.

Waving to Shlay after silently making his way around the room, Sleif simply stepped through the lobby’s other door after trying to get across to the woman that he would meet up with her outside, disappearing from Shlay’s sight just like the other figure had done when the Shlay first stepped into the room. Soon finding himself back outside, the sight of the large stands complete with walls and flaming brazzers, immediately told the man this was probably the place where the tournaments were held.

Looking at both halves of the arena, with most of the area bathed in the hot sunlight, while the side closest to him still had the cool shade of the looming walls behind him, it was an easy decision for Sleif to make. Soon taking a seat in the eerily empty arena, the young man smiled as he stretched out in the shade of the wall, finding even the stone stands to be surprisingly comfortable.

SwagStarIV

Awards
Shlay slightly jumped, being acknowledged by Asi and the mythological beast at the same time. Asi stated, Nice to see the greek themed scenery wasn't just for show. Shlay kind of caught on to the goats insinuation of elemental names and was relieved to know that the possibility of this Cloud guy really existing had grown stronger. Still, these satyrs were know for there insatiable and unstable manner. Besides his obvious interest in whoever she may be, he seemed like he ran things around here. Shlay waved back to Sleif with a gentle smile and slightly chuckled while covering her face and pointing to the goat. She then answered, "Shlay! I'll give you first the letter, but it's obvious you had your share of combatants. Sign me up!"

Phil: Now hold on just a second chum. You don't sound a grain over puberty, let alone be mature enough for a- *Turns around* Nope. Not doing it. *Continues to Chisel*

Shlay walked towards the set of trophies on the right, slammed Asi into the ground, and rushed Phil. Phil jumped at the sound of breaking rock, soon to be tackled by Shlay. Shlay ran towards Phil, leaped to the right and tackled him from the side. She made sure not to injure the poor fella. While cuddling with the Goat Shlay stated, "Aww why not! Ooo so furry! You think I'm gonna lose to a bunch of water tossing maggots?"

Phil *Struggling to get lose* : No! I think your gonna lose to bunch of lame brain criminals with no hint of merit in their bones! If not them, then you'll definitely lose to the young aspiring heroes or passerbyers instead! *Lands on the ground after being released from Shlay*

"Well I think the broken concrete and tussle we just had proves I'm a lot stronger than you think."

Phil: "Still... Your just a girl! I thought you were like this young boy I knew, but it turns out your more of a chump than he was! And let me tell you, boy was I wrong!

"You mean the man being pictured by the statues outside?"

Phil: No. That's the old school God of War. And I mean reeaaally old school God of War. He sure doesn't look like that now. Anyways, he'll defnitely be in the Tournament, and there's nobody that's gonna beat him. Not even that huge sword carrying kid from earlier. You see him! Just take a seat and watch the true warriors show you what a tournament is all about.

Shlay pouted thinking, The times when I could really use some help. She leaned against the top of her sword and decided to pick at Phil until he let her join. "Come on let me join!"

Phil: No

"Pleeeaasse!"

"You have to!"

Phil: I said no and I'm not gonna change my mind!

"Come on! Pleeeeaasse!"

Chromatic

Become
Awards
"Errrr..." The metaphorical clock tick-tocked on. In similar fashion to his companions, time was leaving Zach behind and alone in the elapsing seconds. He stared thoughtfully at Myrun for as long as his goodness could allow. But, in a deficit of time, keeping the man engaged through silence stole its toll on the wanderer's nerves; the friendly gesture spun a rapid turn towards an uncomfortable lingering. The silence, at first a satisfying lull quelling the abruptness of the meeting, grew awkward in excess.

Gradually, he embarked, in reverse, to the Coliseum Lobby. Indubitably in as strange a state as the moment from which he was retreating, he persisted in eyeing Myrun as a crept backwards, further and further away, displaying a grin nearly more awkward than the silence. The contact desisted only when his hand discerned the smoothly sanded wooden door behind him. In a single, seamless motion, he spun about and cracked the door open just enough to slip himself through.

Arriving within the cut-stone lobby, Zach latched onto the tail end of a row. He immediately accounted for both combatants in the scuff. He moved he passed by Shlay, scowling down at the old goat. He had borne a disdain for the hooved hypocrite ever since his first time at the Coliseum. He remained displeased even with over a year since his visit. Maybe it was still the remnants of his flaring nerves out at the gate, or maybe it was that he wanted to prove Phil wrong; either way, Zach lashed out. "Looking at the lots you've roped in for this one, I'd say you've lost your touch, haven't you, you little mule."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards

---------------------------------------------------------

As the blazing sun slowly began to curve over the arena grounds, it was as if the once resting Sleif was like that of a cat, only in reverse. Whenever the faintest glimpse of light started to rain down on him, the young man would always and immediately move further into the cooling shade, relaxing once out of the gaze of the annoying sunlight again. Though this worked for the most part, by the time Sleif reached the smooth surface of the large wall of the area, it was clear it was the last place with any sort of relaxing shade.

While it had to come to an end, the young man smiled as he stretched and stood up from his lounging on the stands, the large black sword of his still lying where he had just been. Taking his first few steps back into the sunlight, Sleif started to make his way down towards the now empty arena, his arms once more resting behind his head as if trying to get every knot to relax after his little nap.

Though he was quite certain he had heard the sounds of an audience while resting, the lack of any sort right now confused Sleif greatly, especially when the sounds of cheering started once more. While looking from stand to stand to try and find even a single figure that could be responsible for the noise, Sleif barely registered the blond haired figure slowly approaching him from the far end of the arena.

Still with arms resting, the young man smiled as he casually stood and watched the approaching sword wielder, yet the smile and relaxing attitude immediately fell as Sleif watched the blond haired man suddenly close the distance between them with great speed, the massive sword the man had easily cleaving through the air towards the fellow, yet right now swordless, swordsman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Looking at the lots you've roped in for this one, I'd say you've lost your touch, haven't you, you little mule."

Mule!!! Who you calling ‘Mule’, huh?! You think you’re some bigshot……?!” Turning swiftly away from Shlay the moment Zach joined the conversation, what had started as blind anger about to be unleashed on some stranger almost immediately turned into a more condescending laugh and sneer than anything else.

Well well, look who’s back? Little Shrubbery! I’d say you got taller, but that might just be that hedge you’ve got growing on the top of your head.” Said Phil, laughing to himself as he turned and made his way back to his little stone columned table with chisel and hammer.

Let me guess, you’re with this crazy-cuddling girl, huh? And let me also guess, you want to join with her in the games, right? Well too bad! Spots are all filled up in the junior leagues, gonna have to wait till next time! Now if you will kindly scram, I’ve got to get this done before setting up the next match.” And with that, the half-man half-goat went back to chiselling in peace.

That was until the sound of metal striking against rock, both dull blocking clangs, and loud shattering crashes, echoed loudly from the arena and into the small lobby, and in turn causing Phil to leap from his little perch in surprise and anger.

What the heck is going on out there?!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every swipe from the blond haired man’s sword seem to narrowly miss Sleif in some sort of fashion. Whether the blade cleaved sideways or came down hard through the air, Sleif’s body seemed to sweep under or dodge the large weapon as if it was some sort of game. The large cuts both in the ground and surrounding pillars were signs how some of the battle had gone so far.

While Sleif was still weaponless, the quick pull of his hand on some invisible force from time to time showed his rather unique style of fighting the equally large bladed warrior. Moving through the air in sharp, straight shots and angles, the black blade of Sleif’s seemed to move with every pull and swipe of the young man’s hand, before always going in for an attack at the blond haired man’s apparent blind spot. And every time, whenever the black blade was just within striking distance, that would be the moment the blade carrying man would instantly turn and swipe at the attacking ghostly weapon, effectively knocking the sword out of the air before quickly turning back towards the still smiling Sleif.

With another powerful strike coming down towards him, a timely reach for his weapon caused Sleif’s sword to rattle from it’s lounging position on the arena floor, before shooting back into his grasp with ease and allowing the young man to block the large sword strike, although with less ease than he would have thought.

Last edited:

SwagStarIV

Awards
Shlay charged behind the goat with all her determination on getting into this tournament. Just as short as the goat himself, they were soon in the Coliseum watching Sleif and what seemed to be their target, duking it out. Shlay smiled and stated aloud, "Now that's what I like to see! Show'em how to use that thing Sleif!" Shlay grabbed the goat by his foot and left him hanging a full arms length away. As the goat tried to tether his way towards Shlay, and break himself from his immobilized state, Shlay calmly rocked him back and forth to keep him from getting to her wrist. Shlay continued, "So about that tournament entry. I'm badass enough to hang with that guy, who's badass enough to hang with the other guy I KNOW you allowed to enter. Why don't we speed this up now?"

Ok! Just put me down you weasel face butt grabber!

O_O Shaly dropped the goat and walked away silently. All she thought was, Hmm... He would go with the weasel face. Riki-Tiki floss manager. Show you a weasel. Shaly began to chuckle in victory once she gained her distance from the goat. She ran and leaped towards the stands then officially jumped towards the top as a roar from the empty crowd sounded. Shlay could imagine the crowd. The idiling warriors. The babes! The injured yet mobile concession stand vendor who often gets caught in the rubble. Shlay yelled with the rest of the crowd, clearly pictured in her imagination, "Yeeeaaaahhh! Show that stage 2 rain drop what he's messing with! I got your support if you need it!"

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
"When the cat's away the mice will play."

Zero snickered to himself, imagining Hades wouldn't be too fond of being referred to as a household feline. Taking his time, Zero maneuvered through the underworld caverns with ease - all the while keeping an eye out for his prize. Technically the Eclipse's Prince's prize. Because if Zero could have it his way, he'd go with a more upfront approach; instead of doing the guy's dirty work and stir up the hornets nest in the grand scheme of things. Luckily, there weren't many ways to get lost in the Underworld or heartless around to fend off - not like they'd be interested in the likes of him anyways.

"Took you long enough, kid."

"I never said I'd be punctual."
Zero replied with a grin. The Lord of the Underworld emerged from within the shadows with enough flare to make anyone self conscious. Probably one of the quirks of being a god and having the attitude to go with it. Directly behind Hades was a chest set with a figure resembling that of a knight. Or in this case, the prize he was set to retrieve and make use of on orders of the Eclipse Prince himself. "You know why I'm here, right?"

"Yes, yes, lets forgo the formalities and get this over with." Hades said hastily, "I do you a favor and you'll take wonder boy down for me and all of Olympus. Save me the headache of doing it myself."

"Wasn't that the deal with Cloud?"
Zero asked, watching Hades move his pawns around across the board. "I'm here for Exdeath-"

"Whatever." Hades interrupted, knocking some of his chest pieces down and walking over to the center of the room. "I offered you guys a deal and all I'm asking in return is to cause a few casualties along the way. Send a few of those infuriating lightning bugs down into the river of styx for me and we're square. You win, I win. Easy as that."

"That can be arranged."

A forethought came to mind as Zero watched Hades summon Exdeath out of the pits of what he assumed to be hell. "After the mistake of giving Auron too much freedom and letting him escape by carrying out a fools errand- something you could've given your other minions Pain and Panic to do, how will you prevent the same thing from happening twice? I don't have time for chasing a borrowed pawn down because, we have a goal to meet and that involves Kingdom Hearts."

Hades angrily flared up. "I didn't let him escape! I fired him for failing to do the job! I own him and all the souls in the Underworld! Do you want the guy or not?!"

"No wonder no one wants to work for you."
Zero laughed, "You can't even keep your own employees from leaving you or staying on task. Probably why Pain and Panic aren't even around right now- can't get a decent reward out of it. Talk about being a crappy boss and yes, yes I do want him. Not Auron. The other guy."

Zero rolled his eyes as Hades crossed the room and yanked him up by his collar - laughing it off as the God of the Underworld slowly faded back to being the average blue flame he was and tossed a small knife his way. Zero quickly caught it by the hilt without incident as he briskly walked over to Exdeath standing a few feet to his left. "I presume this is his leash or some kind of extra measures for... Something?"

"Anyone who comes into contact with that blade will get a direct, one way ticket straight into the pits of lost souls. Got it? Don't mess up or I'll throw you into the river of styx's myself- but not before feeding your heart to the heartless." Hades threatened, returning back to his chest board and taking a seat on his throne.

Taking this as his cue to leave, Zero looked up at the tall warrior standing before him known as Exdeath. "Ready to go and cause some mayhem?"

"Dreams are meant to be shattered." Exdeath replied, taking ahold of his sword and stalking forward. "I shall fight a worthy opponent and end their dwindling time."

"Good answer."

-- A few minutes later --

Despite the sunlight and openness of the gate way into the Arena for the games, Zero took it upon himself to etch something down onto a tablet. "This will do the trick."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------

Whaddya mean you’re not on the list?!” Yelled Phil, the little half-goat man having immediately pulled Sleif away from the arena, the second it was determined both warriors were at a stand-still.

Well...I’m not,” Replied Sleif, the tall young man looking towards Shlay and Zach, his two companions having been pulled into this little discussion at the same time Sleif was.

Is that a problem…?

Is that...Is that a problem?!! Course it’s a problem ya chump!! Jeez, here I thought you’d be the sane one out of you three, but you’re just as nuts!!” Continued Phil, his voice a mixture of head-popping rage and clear bewilderment at what was happening today of all days.

Oh...but hey, guess after seeing me keep up with blondie there, you’re going to let this slide and I can enter, right?” Asked Sleif, his smile beaming across his face as if trying to null the anger filled eyes of Phil glaring daggers right at him.

Listen here, chump!! The only reason I’m even going to let you into this tournament, is cause I want to see all three of ya’s outta here as fast as possible!! So fine! You’re all in! But I don’t want any more bone-crushing hugs, or pre-emptive/illegal fights! Got it?!

And with that, the small Satyr full of rage stormed off back through the arena’s entrance, most likely to start work on adding the final names for the tournament, though not before another, although much fainter, sound of anger bellowed from the goat-man. Something about what the heck ‘X’ was about.

Whatever the case, the second Phil left the three, Sleif was already back to smiling as he turned to Shlay and Zach.

So I’m guessing that’s our guy, right? The one Leon was talking about?” Asked Sleif, motioning his head towards the blond-haired Cloud, the sword wielding warrior already disappearing into the shadows as he rested by the far wall at the other end of the arena.

Doesn’t really seem like the talkative type...or any kind of type except the ‘cut you in half’ kind. How are we going to get him to listen?

Alright you three!! Listen up over here!!

It was Phil’s still angry voice that boomed out towards the three warriors the moment he stepped back into the arena, this time carrying the familiar slab he had been busy chiseling on when they arrived.

All of you listening? Good! Normally to enter these games you’ve got to show you’re worthy, and that’s usually through a whole week long exam. It’s so we don’t get any whiny-babies the second they get a broken arm or something in the first match. We make it a little tougher with each exam round, and if they can’t handle it, they’re out! So everyone that’s here, had to prove they can handle whatever the stakes!

You three however, I’ve got nothing to go on! But after watching Stretch here go toe-to-toe with one of our Big League-ers, and Miss Hugs-a-lot telling me you all are as good, I’m going to let that rule slide this once. And only once I mean!

With that, Phil flipped the marble slab around in his arms, showing the three warriors the layout the tournament was to take.

We’ve got lots of contenders this year, and they’re all trying to prove they’re the best! All these matches happen at the same time, and the further you get, the smaller the list is. Eventually two entries will reach the end and face off in one final match. Understand everything? Good! So get on out there!!

Chromatic

Become
Awards
As Shlay coaxed her way past the faun and disappeared into the arena, Zach made to follow in her trail. Phil, trying to stand in his way in the determination to not see another unauthorized entry, was casually shrugged aside by a rough nudge from the young swordsman's leg. Stopping at the edge of the threshold, Zach cocked his head to the side beaming down at the goat. A disdaining scowl turned into a taunting smirk. A hearty chuckle escaped, just barely containing a more entertained laugh. "Hey," he said, pointing through the doorway. "I'm with them."

With a single departing 'Ha,' Zach dashed from the lobby before Phil could make any further protests. Through a short, torch-lit corridor, he emerged into the sand mat surrounding the smooth, carved stone ring. To no surprise, he emerged to find that Slief had already found himself a challenge, going blow for blow, a blonde, spiky-haired man wielding a most ungainly blade. After moments of captivating combat, in which neither Slief nor his opponent seemed capable of taking any noticeable advantage, the goat galloped across the sand, grumbling about the "disrespect" of "our most sacred grounds." With his intervention, the fight was over, and Zach followed him as he pulled Slief aside, joining into the huddle.

"Must be our guy," Zach said once Phil was out of earshot. "Fits the description. Leon seemed to think highly of us for our fighting. Maybe if can beat him we can talk him into joining us?"

SwagStarIV

Awards
Shlay obviously missed something. Who needs a tournament when the guy's right here? Eh... This time I can join in on the fun as well. Any blade that has bandages must be as sentimental as Asi righte? Asi replied, "Blank! Shut up! Your team member could damn near be executed, and your up hear roaring at him by yourself! Get your arsenal off the bench and show that warriors-" Shlay interrupted, "Shh" The theatrics were great and all, but now she had Phil to thank for allowing their entrance. Shlay quickly gather her self and walked towards her comrades.

So I’m guessing that’s our guy, right? The one Leon was talking about? Doesn’t really seem like the talkative type...or any kind of type except the ‘cut you in half’ kind. How are we going to get him to listen?

"Must be our guy. Fits the description. Leon seemed to think highly of us for our fighting. Maybe if can beat him we can talk him into joining us?"

"All I know is spikes and all he's coming with us. Conscious or no conscience" Shlay heard the goat bickering with himself and broke formation to snag his tablet.

What is the point of a tourny manager if I can't sustain my authoritive state!!!! Give me that back or I'll make sure you don-” Shlay veered over at the goat and stated, "Shh" She then went back to the huddle and began to show the member s the tournament layout. "Look at this... This doesn't seem like a lot of people. Maybe their all grouped up? The prize of knowing your the best must be a steep one if they all can split it among themselves. We're sure to fight him in the end, so lets pummel these idiots!" Shlay went to look at their first match up... "Hey!" Shlay pointed to the last contender on the slab and noticed it was Cloud. He was in a class of his own and was the automatic last opponent. "This guy got a free pass to the championship battle! Plus our first opponent is..." Shlay read the words, "Sonnet of Magistery" The tournament arena then raged and four heartless spawned. All of which looked like floating hourglasses with little hats on. Shlay said, "Aww! Look at how cute they are." There was a red blue yellow and green one. Then they doubled... Twice, then another time... And another. Quickly filling the tournament arena with 16 of each! Adi stated to Shlay, "Well at least we know they're not the smartest opponent. They can't count!" Shlay stated, "There should only be 14 of each if they were mimicking a sonnet. Ready when-" *Tzzsk* a lightening bolt struck beside Shlay, "Ah!" >.> "You are."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back