• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Old topic but are you satisfied with Alyson playing kairi or do you still want Hayden back?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't think anyone would object to Hayden returning, but we know that they're not going to divide the roles. SE very clearly wants to maintain that consistency with Kairi and Xion having the same voice; that's why we only ever have Hayden OR Alyson voicing them, never both in one game.

Hayden voiced Kairi and Xion in BBS and 3D.
Alyson voiced Kairi and Xion in Days and KH3.

If Kairi and Xion were to appear in future games together, they would continue to share a single actor, whoever that may be for the project in question.
That's such a weird decision because Kairi/Xion have such different personalities and the way their voices sound (or are performed) is so different. If anything, I would have expected Kairi/Namine to share the same voice (not that I want that). Kairi/Namine have way more in common storywise and their speaking styles are more similar IMO.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
That's such a weird decision because Kairi/Xion have such different personalities and the way their voices sound (or are performed) is so different. If anything, I would have expected Kairi/Namine to share the same voice (not that I want that). Kairi/Namine have way more in common storywise and their speaking styles are more similar IMO.

Xion is basically Kairi-lite as Ventus is Sora-lite. Xion/Kairi have more in common than they both do with Naminé.

Naminé is a completely different character trope.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xion is basically Kairi-lite as Ventus is Sora-lite. Xion/Kairi have more in common than they both do with Naminé.

Naminé is a completely different character trope.
I don't get that at all. Xion is more like Sora (storywise) than Kairi. She literally TURNED INTO SORA. I also attribute her Sora-ness to be why she was so keen on friendship. Meanwhile, Namine is literally Kairi's nobody and acts more like her. Both Namine and Kairi get kidnapped all the time. Xion doesn't get kidnapped, but manipulated non-stop.

palizinhas

Awards
Naminé doesn't really get kidnapped. She got held by the Org once, but she's mostly the one who gets other people out of trouble.

I would say that both Kairi and Naminé are similar in the narrative sense that whenever they need a Deus Ex Machina, their untold powers somehow solve the situation.

Xion has Kairi's voice for the same reason she has Kairi's KH1 haircut, she was molded by Sora's memories of Kairi. Naminé, on the other hand, is a special Nobody, and as such has a different voice from Kairi the same way Xemnas has a different voice from Apprentice Xehanort.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't get that at all. Xion is more like Sora (storywise) than Kairi. She literally TURNED INTO SORA. I also attribute her Sora-ness to be why she was so keen on friendship. Meanwhile, Namine is literally Kairi's nobody and acts more like her. Both Namine and Kairi get kidnapped all the time. Xion doesn't get kidnapped, but manipulated non-stop.

Xion is literally KH1 Kairi. She had a bit of spunk (traces of it), had two guy friends who she bantered with and joked with in a similar way, shows the same determination and strength, and I can go on. She's completely Kairi-lite. The only difference is that she had to deal with a serious decision and supposedly the "sacrificial" nature is from Sora. Physically? Yes, she's Sora.

Naminé is basically a complete doormat of a wallflower when we meet her, quiet, calm, and tends to exude perpetual sadness because of her abuse, isolation, and loneliness and trying to find a place to belong. She found that hidden power of will she showed shadows of previously near the end of CoM thanks to Sora forgiving her despite everything. And that confidence grew in KH2 and onwards. But she's still riddled with insecurities about belonging and people caring about her. Very intuitive, understanding, and calm.

Again, she's a completely different character trope. Probably a Yamato Nadeshiko.

Don't get me wrong. I still find the female cast basic as hell sans Larxene. But out of the same peas in the pod, Naminé is the more...contrasting. As she's made to be fragile and reserved. Among other things mentioned.

Foxycian

Awards
I feel like square has this mentality thinking that all guys want Girls like kairi to sound soft and be the type of girl that needs a man to save her, the old damsel in distress cliche, NoctisXLuna thing if you know what I mean.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like square has this mentality thinking that all guys want Girls like kairi to sound soft and be the type of girl that needs a man to save her, the old damsel in distress cliche, NoctisXLuna thing if you know what I mean.
Hayden played Kairi perfectly. She was soft/light, yet there was a strength in her voice that conveyed her spunky attitude. Alyson plays Kairi as generic soft "princess" which is just off-putting.

Foxycian

Awards
Alyson is So soft for my liking, but for some weird reason I really like Xion and don’t want anyone to replace Xion-Alyson, but for kairi... it’s bad enough many see her as the damsel in distress so why add fuel and give her a soft voice?

wish Square/Disney would see this and reconsider giving us Hayden back.

Foxycian

Awards
Each voice actor should stick to their original character, Alyson should stick as Xion, Hayden should stick as kairi, all I can do is cross fingers and hope that Hayden returns.

Back