• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Old KH fan theories that did/didn’t come true

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
This includes ones you had yourself or those you saw elsewhere.

I had two about Xion’s identity before 358/2 Days came out.

One was that she was Aqua’s nobody.
The other was that she was Kairi’s “full” nobody (because Namine was kind of a “joint nobody” of Sora and Kairi, so Xion was all Kairi).

I also believed the Mysterious Figure in BbS (Young Xehanort) was Master Xehanort’s nobody, the logic being that MS would have left a body behind after his heart went into Terra.

Soldier

Awards
I remember when I said that maleficent was going to return in KH 3, She did, which technically came true, but we all know how well she was implemented into the story.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Aqua and Ventus being Guardians of Light and Terra being a Seeker of Darkness ended up becoming true.

Xion returning ended up becoming true, too.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I didn't get all the guesses for the various Lights/Darknesses right, but I was correct that Larxene and Marluxia would be among them. Aside from that, I always thought Saix was leading up to a Riku-esque redemption although I wasn't sure if he would live or die.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The theory that Possessed Riku being part of the new organization ended up being false after the reveal in the KG.

Which is funny since I was certain Repliku would be the Riku who was picked at the time.

Veevee

Awards
I was actually glad Aqua wasn't just thrown into the void that are the Norts, but her whole darkness shtick is hardly more than fanart fuel because it was pointless stalling of the plot. Anyway, the Nort theory didn't come true, neither did the "Terra would get a chance to do something" theory. Any "some person except for Sora will do something helpful during KH3" theory was basically disproved.

And Sora died which some believed and Riku didn't which some hoped because how are you not supposed to die when your character arc is done?!

SomeKHFan

Awards
And Sora died which some believed and Riku didn't which some hoped because how are you not supposed to die when your character arc is done?!
Because Riku is Nomura's favourite character. Of course he wants more Riku in the future.

In a fan survey of the favourite character in the series, Riku came third or forth I think and Nomura was shocked he was so low and stated he needs to do more with him, even though he has been a MPC for two games. I forgot when this interview happened.

Veevee

Awards
Because Riku is Nomura's favourite character. Of course he wants more Riku in the future.

In a fan survey of the favourite character in the series, Riku came third or forth I think and Nomura was shocked he was so low and stated he needs to do more with him, even though he has been a MPC for two games. I forgot when this interview happened.

I also love Riku and want to see more of him, he is the most fleshed out character in the series. I was referring to a lot of opinions pre-KH3 in which people stated that Riku should die / sacrifice himself simply because his character arc is finished now and the series doesn't have any place for him anymore which is downright ridiculous.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The TWEWY characters didn't appear in a Shibuya like district in San Fransokyo like some of us predicted.

Also Even and Dilan secretly being seekers due to their ambiguous status in DDD was false. Even was a double agent and Dilan just stayed in the background as a castle guard

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Things I got wrong:
  • A few years before BBS came out I was convinced that Terra was Riku's dad, Aqua was Kairi's mom, and Ventus was Sora's dad to try and explain the connection between the BBS trio and the Destiny Islands trio.
  • Around the time of DDD I started speculating that Ven was Sora's long-lost older brother to justify why Xehanort brought Ven to Destiny Islands after the Ven/Vanitas split. I thought it would be a bit poetic if Xehanort and Ven both came from DI and despite his desire to leave his home behind, Xehanort brought Ven back to spend what the old man thought would be his last days at home.
  • I thought the Pirates of the Caribbean world in KH3 would focus on Dead Man's Chest, rather than At World's End
  • Before the reveal of how Apprentice Xehanort came to be, I imaged Xehanort as a tragic villain, who, like Even did in KH3, would seek to atone for his crimes after being re-completed. We all know how that turned out...
Things I got right:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean, 100 Acre Wood, Frozen, and Monsters Inc. featuring as Worlds in KH3. I even correctly guessed that the story for MI would be set post-movie.
  • Luxord being one of the Seekers of Darkness. (I wrote a fanfic where he and Terra played roles similar to Even and Demyx in the real KH3)
  • Xigbar, Marluxia, and Larxene having ties to the X era. (Prior to the introduction of Lauriam and Elrena I was convinced their human selves were the reincarnations of Dandelions (or in Xigbar's case, the reincarnation of Ephemer. I was very into the Rebirth Theory when I first started turning my KH3 predictions into fanfic).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I was wrong about the Cloud and Sephiroth conflict getting resolved as a subplot. When the FF7 remake was announced back in 2015 I was certain for years that he would add that into KH3 in order to promote it

Back