• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

old games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

very differentiable
Awards
Ever go back to old games, games from consoles like the playstation, n64 or even older?

I just started to play crash bandicoot 3 again (best in the series) and try to get 105%. I also occasionaly pop in medievil, but that game isn't really known to a lot of people and rather obscure. Though they are simple for this day and age, they've got that special thing that makes them unique. Maybe the good memories but to me there's more to it.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I re-played Seiken Densetsu III (SNES) like, a hundred times x3 Same with Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones and Golden Sun 1 and 2. I simply loove re-playing good games :D

Edit: Day of Tentacle was the first game I ever played!

very differentiable
Awards
I heard snes games are the best there ever was but i'm from a later generation so i never had the chance to play one.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One of the reasons they're the best is that they're amongst the oldest. They're the ones that defined a lot of the things that today are considered cliché :3
Chrono Trigger <3

Edit: Hum. Wonder if I can fit in Tales of Phantasia in here...

Blue

home is where the heart is
...Seiken Densetsu 3 ;3; I lurve that game. One of my all time favs.
What's your fav story? :O

Let's see...probably Duran's. Or Lise's story <3 Yours? Oh and I also liked Chrono Trigger but I never got around to finish it...that's why I'm waiting for the DS remake.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
My N64 and Dreamcast are still hooked up to the TV in my room, I play them almost every other day or so, even if just for a little bit.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I have no clue where all my old consoles are. The only really old games I play these days are the ones I have downloaded onto my wii.

S

Shadow Soldier

Umm... Battletoads on NES, Kung Fu on NES, Donkey Kong Country, Legend of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart are all the best "old" games.

SufferingAngel said:
One of the reasons they're the best is that they're amongst the oldest. They're the ones that defined a lot of the things that today are considered cliché :3
More like it set the standard for what games have to do today to be good.

Tael

I occasionally play old games, but usually via emulator since all my old consoles are packed away somewhere. I almost never venture past the old Zelda games though, and when I do I end up not playing them for very long >_<

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Gradius III on the SNES was amazing.

holy shit the day i beat that game without any cheat codes was more satisfying than the day i lost my virginity

Anyway, I play "old games" almost regularly, as I find them to be more enjoyable than half the shit that comes out nowadays (inb4 Wii Music). In fact, I have my SNES, N64, and PS2 (which almost always has a PSX classic in the tray) hooked up all on my television.

Here's a list of honorable mentions:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Diddy Kong Racing (not the shitty DS remake)
  • Top Gear
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Earthbound
  • Donkey Kong Country 1-2 (3 kind of sucks but that's another story)
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • On the Ball
  • Darius Twin
  • Gradius III
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • SMW2: Yoshi's Island

And oh man holy shit the list could go on.

Rorschach

Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, FFVI and IV. Super Street Fighter II, Legend of Zelda" A Link to the Past, Matal Gear I and II, Megaman X... the list goes on but those games are my shit right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back