• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okay so I want a PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
The titles basically what it says. I've decided to pour my Christmas money in to buying a PS3. The only issue is, it needs to be backwards compatible all the way back to PS1 so I can sell my older consoles instead of having them take up useless space.

I don't have the time right now to find the information myself and I'd like some help from someone who know the system a bit better than myself.

So, which one do I need to get if I want to continue playing my Ps1 & Ps2 games and what would be the cheapest place to buy it?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Actually, they do. I've asked around a bit and PS3s are backwards compatible. The only problem is that they don't work on specific games and only certain models are capable of doing so, which is why I asked.

The old PS3's had backwards compatability. The new ones don't.

Current 80GB and 40GB PS3s do not have Backwards Compatibility, which means that they do not play PS2 games at all. However, if you have an older 60GB, 20GB, or 80GB PS3 (Bought before this past August), then you should be able to play the game on your PS3.

That.

So if you can find a used 60GB PS3, buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back