• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► okay dragons & other beasts......my specialty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeatSephiroth

Okay this is a short story about dragons & other beasts. Forgive me if there are any spelling mistakes, or incorrect punctuation, as i am doing this at 3:30 am-only time i have peace.It's off the top of my head.

Hooked claws scraped at the bare earth as a maroon dragon ran for the edge of a cliff. She purred. Today is the day, I am sure of it!She thought to herself gleefully.The day i will fly! As she neared the very edge of the precipice, she faltered, slowing her pace. What would become of her if she failed to fly, and fell to the churning sea below? She avoided the thought. She was the only surviving child of a clutch attacked by the ones with two legs-as she was told by her mother."Marit! come from the drop, back to the den!" Her mother called to her, inpatiant. "okay, im coming" Marit scowled back to her. She trotted back to the den, past countless other dragons, herds of brumby, deer and a flock of large herons, wading in the marsh lining the lake Esoteric. Wolves watched from the thick forest lining the plains as the dragon passed. It was a juvinile, but even so, was dangerous to attack. A dragon this age could easily fell a group of eight wolves with a bite or lash of the barb-tipped tail. She continued on, shouting greetings to her friends as she past their dens. As Marit entered the den, a very large, golden dragon padded towards her. " I have caught a deer for tonight, it is cooked, but won't be hot for long." her mother said gently. Marit walked over to the freshly cooked deer, not even burnt. Her mother was a skilled tracker, but even more skilled at cooking a meal.

They turned their heads to the cavern entrance, where a black dragon with golden bands around his right ankle appeared there, followed by a emerald male juvinile, with a silver band around his left ankle. "Fortuna, since Marit is now the minimum age-she is now able to enrole in The School of Acumen and Strength." The adult dragon said to Marits mother. "Marit, do you want to join?" She asked her daughter softly. Marit looked up from her meal. "C'mon Marit," The juvinile said. "Mul, Fidelis, and me have just joined-what about you?" He asked inquiringly. Marit thought for a moment, aware of the three dragons watching her."Okay, ill join.But only because you and the others are, Saan." She informed.

Do you want more?

IBeatSephiroth

witchprincess said:
Congrats on the spelling at the three A.M. And a very intriguing story you're starting. Since you asked, I shall answer: Yes please, I would like to read more of this.:D

thanks!okay here we go-but i've been up since yesterday it's 7:00 am now & my eyes are red.

The next morning Marit left the den early. Dawn had just broken and there was a thick mist blanketing the plain. She met Saan, Mul, and Fidelis at the serpent-rock-a stone that resembled a great snake, curled around itself. They walked on to lake Esoteric, where wolves were drinking and herons were fishing. The friends lingered, enjoying themselves as they walked along the northern bank of the lake, scaring the birds. When at last they came upon the old, ruined castle the ones with two legs built, long ago. It was a vast expanse of crumbling walls, ancient bones of ones with two legs, and towers ready to fall. This was The School of Acumen and Strength. A place of learning riddles, working at mind games, training for battles later in life, and the dangers of the ones with two legs. They ambled towards the ruins, looking for their class. They had gotten to the center of the ruins, fairly lost amidst the stonework. A male dragon no more than a year older than themselves swooped down from the sky. Torh, Saan's older brother, who could fly already.

"I'm guessing your lost arn't you?" Torh jeered. "I can help you. See that tower? The one with the arrow rune? You follow that arrow. There is a yard of clear grass just beyond that. The other Dawn-yearers should be there now." He explained to the four younger dragons. "dawn-yearer?" Marit said abruptly. Torh looked at her. "a dawn-yearer is a dragon in their first year here. I am a sun-yearer, next year a mid-yearer, then, finally, in my last year i will be a dusk-yearer." He said. With a word of being late, he left them to go to his own class. After five minutes of following arrow runes they could hear roars and growls. Their class. They began to gallop, reaching the class in time-just. "Okay class, this is your first day, so we'll start with some riddles.." The captain, Saan's father began.

More? how is it outta ten-?/10

IBeatSephiroth

Here's more (I note it's 6am):

When class ended, it was late afternoon. The young dragons were exploring the thick forest, climbing to the top of ancient trees and leaping off, strengthening their wings, and exploring around the many waterfalls. They practised their hunting skills by three hiding from the left out one, who has to find them. It was Marit's turn. She crept through the clustered ferns, the roaring of the waterfall of kin behind her back. She kept her back and shoulders low to the ground, like the great warrior her father was, before he perished in battle against fifty of the ones with two legs. She heard a noise to her left. Behind a large boulder among the ferns and trees. Silently she crept behind the stone, and lept on the blue dragon hunched there. "Alright, you got me." Mul said as he got up. "Go fing Fidelis and Saan now. I bet ya can't." He teased. Marit peered around the small beach bordering the waterfall of kin. Not one movement, exept the multicoloured birds singing in the trees, and the vivid red flowers swaying in the gentle wind. Fidelis would be hard to find, blending in with the flowers, and Saan even harder, being emerald coloured. She sighed. 'This is not going to be easy' She thought to herself. She sniffed the air. Nothing yet exept the potent fragrance of the flowers.

She sniffed again. There! The faint smell of magma. She looked towards the source. A blood red scale was caught in the bark of a tree. It glinted in the late afternoon sun. Marit trotted over to the tree to examine it. She glanced around the forest, she could see the tip of a horn from behind one of the trees. "I see you Fidelis! Come out!" She called quietly. A Crimson head emerged from behind the tree. "Okay." Fidelis said, almost a whisper. She slipped out from behind the tree, silent as a tiger. "Now find Saan." She said. Mul ran up to and stood next to her, stretching his leathery wings in the process. Marit wandered off, searching intently. "Saan, Saan.." She taunted to him, wherever he was. She seemed to notice somthing, and whipped her head towards the waterfall of kin. She galloped soundlessly towards the waterfall, and when she reached it, plunged under the pounding water.

IBeatSephiroth

Re: okay dragons & other beasts......my specialty--next installment! and a title!

look up. ^

how does everyone think it is so far? Well I did say dragons were my specialty. And i've come up with a title: Beast of the Lost Valley.

IBeatSephiroth

AdventChild101 said:
Cool. I like the way you write.

Thanks. Hey I have 2 fans! kinda :)

Beast of the Lost Valley: part 4

The freezing water splashed over her snout, across her wings and down her back. Her sharp claws slipped on the smooth rocks. She gained her bearings and stepped into the mossy cave beyond, the one hidden by the falls. "It was a good hiding place, was it not Marit?" Saans happy, bubbling voice ran out, almost a laugh. "It was indeed, for I found you last!" Marit called, but she doubted that he could hear her voice over the pounding water. "You are a great hider." She padded further into the cave, the moss like a soft blanket of green under her feet. Marit peered around the dimly lit cave, the only light being what few rays of sunlight that pierced the waterfall. "argh! It smells of damp in here." She complained as her foot sank into a pit of rotten moss. A small movement caught her eye. Marit looked towards the movement, and caught a glimpse of the emerald-coloured snout that slightly poked out from beneath a large clump of moss. She shook off the water that remained, lowered her back and stalked towards the Saan-shaped lump, not making a sound. "Ha! I got you!" The young dragon exclaimed as she flicked moss onto her startled friend. Saan lept up as he was showered in green.

"Let's see how you like it!" He said playfully as he flung some moss back at Marit. She dodged and lept back through the falling water, landing pertly on the beach across the small pond the falls fed into, where Fidelis and Mus were waiting. Saan landed beside her in an instant, dripping wet. "C'mon, let's go, it's becoming night. My father says that the forest is extremly dangerous at night, especially for dragons our age." He stated, then looked at Marit. "That scar he has, the one that runs diagonally across his brow and over his snout? Do you know where he got it?" Saan uttered to Marit, who shook her head. "He got it when he was fighting about fifty ones-with-two-legs. Trying to save your father from death, but he failed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back