• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okay but why the hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I've seen a lot of people go crazy for Riku's new design (the amount of screaming fangirls i've seen react to it on YouTube is wonderful). I personally LOVE his new look, but I am not going to deny that I am not a fan of his new keyblade. I get what they were trying to do with it, but I cannot look past it being a giant car key. Granted I think it looks hilarious because of that as well, but it will probably look better in motion.

But yeah YouTube and Facebook comments (social media in general really) tend to be awful when it comes to this kind of stuff. It's just this cesspool of negativity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with criticising and not being happy with aspects of a franchise you like. In fact, it's healthy to examine this kind of stuff instead of blindly believing that everything is perfect. But you won't find a lot of that in those kinds of comment sections. It's either you love it or you hate it and there can be no inbetween or healthy discussion on that.

chenoehii

Awards
I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who never liked Soul Eater/Way to Dawn...*muffles*and is...kind of glad...it's dead...like...really happy...like...that was...the best part...of the trailer...*endmuffle*

*opens arms to receive the waves of hate*

I'm prepared for the keyblade to have some kind of transformation to make it more interesting, but otherwise, my only gripe is that the silhouette is unlike all of the others, which is not a bad thing by itself but it's just straight lines and has the potential to look a little odd when it's actually being used. I'll reserve judgment for when we see it in action (hopefully in the next trailer).

Edit: This is slightly off-topic, but I've seen people say (before we got this model) that Riku should have the Kingdom Key D. Since that's sort of been squashed now, I'm wondering if KKD could be given to Roxas somehow. Because we know Sora is interested in getting Roxas back and he *was* present as a Light fighting Xehanort in the DDD cinematic opening. And I'm wondering if maybe he won't be able to use his two blades if he's separated from Sora? Because he was able to use 2 on account of Ven being in his heart (connected to not 1 but 2 wielders). It might make more sense because Roxas is the dark to Sora's light whereas Riku has always been in between.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't really mind Riku's new keyblade, but I agree they could've given him something better. I'm just grateful about his new design because I hated how he looked in 3D/0.2 (not including the short-haired KH1 model they used for the dream side of 3D, thankfully). I was never a fan of the KH2 outfit anyway, but then they gave him an ugly hairstyle to top it off. It's hard when one of your favorite characters becomes an eyesore, lol.

chenoehii

Awards
I don't really mind Riku's new keyblade, but I agree they could've given him something better. I'm just grateful about his new design because I hated how he looked in 3D/0.2 (not including the short-haired KH1 model they used for the dream side of 3D, thankfully). I was never a fan of the KH2 outfit anyway, but then they gave him an ugly hairstyle to top it off. It's hard when one of your favorite characters becomes an eyesore, lol.

Someone finally mentioned this.

OK, Riku in KH3 finally resembles what his actual older self is supposed to look at. Look at his KH1/Re:COM model and his Days/KH2/0.2 models and compare them. His fucking face is totally different. And his fucking eyes are too blue later on. Like, boy has aqua eyes (AQUA, as in blue/green, like piercing) and then they turn a weird blue? Forget about the hair, it's his face they really fucked up. His KH3 face finally looks like an older and mature Riku from KH1.

KH2 messed him up and it gave Sora dirty-blonde hair because of reasons. #unforgivable

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’d say my only qualm with him surrendering the Way to Dawn is that I always saw it as the third Key in the set with KK and KKD, such as when Terra, Aqua, and Ven pick up those three blades in the KH2 secret movie. I know that was just a concept video, but still. WtD always seemed like it was meant to be the equivalent of those two for the balance of light and darkness.

That being said, I still like it being just a representation for Riku’s journey. It’s much more rooted in character growth rather than mythology that way.

His new Keyblade is definitely an unexpected design and I haven’t formed a solid opinion on it yet. I definitely don’t hate it, but I want to wait and see what the meaning behind it is and what it is capable of before I make up my mind.

Zul

Awards
KH2 messed him up and it gave Sora dirty-blonde hair because of reasons. #unforgivable

The KH2 models were definitely the worst imo. Sora's lips always did a weird flappy thing when he talked, not sure if anyone else noticed.

This model was never meant to be shown up-close but
Spoiler Spoiler Show

They were all improved in KH2FM.

chenoehii

Awards
This model was never meant to be shown up-close but
Spoiler Spoiler Show

They were all improved in KH2FM.

This model was never meant to be shown period because it's horrendous. He looks like a 50-year-old man out in California who's obsessed with botox and p!ssed off because the waiter didn't hand him gluten-free non-dairy vegan pizza.

ImVentus

Awards
That's kind of like the same thing xDDDD

Yeah, they did it for reasons. Roxas reasons. At least they're fixing it now!

Sorta but not really lolz.
At least in KH3 he's given a (light ash brown hair color) "checked his color chart" instead of like (light caramel).

chenoehii

Awards
Sorta but not really lolz.
At least in KH3 he's given a (light ash brown hair color) "checked his color chart" instead of like (light caramel).

Semantics? My dirty-blonde is someone else's caramel ������������������

Edit: khi doesn't like my cute emoji. Whhhhhyyyy? *because they have their own* :rolleyes:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
tbh I haven't liked any of the Keyblades we've seen for KH3 so far. Sad but true. Riku's is just dull and has that "modern" sense to it that immediately feels anachronistic in KH. I get that it's "technically" a type of key, but come on. There's such a thing as ruining the magic.

chenoehii

Awards
tbh I haven't liked any of the Keyblades we've seen for KH3 so far. Sad but true. Riku's is just dull and has that "modern" sense to it that immediately feels anachronistic in KH. I get that it's "technically" a type of key, but come on. There's such a thing as ruining the magic.

Even the Toy Story cactus? DDD:

Vasquez

Awards
I like. Like a lot of Nomura's designs it grows on you.

I wonder why it has a 'realm' keychain, though.

Myst Knight

Awards
I personally think all the grumbling comes from the fact that, when all's said and done, we still haven't heard all that much about Kingdom Hearts III. I think the most recent info was the Toy Story and Monsters Inc reveal? I still don't know much about the whole Keyblade Transformation system, which is probably going to be the prime mechanic that separates KH-III from it's predecessors. It's kind of a restless time, and it's easy to single out any bit of info for negativity.

I don't think Riku's desgin is all that bad, maybe just a little generic. The keyblade reminds me a bit of Fenrir, except a bit plainer. Fenrir is my favorite keyblade, so this new keyblade design for Riku isn't a complete washout for me.

Enturax

Awards
Riku's entire design is fine to me, but I don't like that Nomura not only copied his look from Noctis (I don't like copying designs in general, not because it's Noctis') but he also seems to be into... buttons now :confused: Just look at the gigantic, plain buttons on his shirt. Big buttons remind me of grannies and sweaters :tongue:

It's kind of a restless time, and it's easy to single out any bit of info for negativity.

Exactly. Besides, it's not like being a lil negative is bad, it just means you care about the series' quality (not just which world would you like to see in it...)

BTW, Zul, is "that" Berserk reference? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 248644

I also like the new Carblade, modern version of Terra's. Really stunning, I want to control Riku and hit heartless with that giant stick of steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back