• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

OH NOES PS3 HAS A Blue Screen of Death!!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephy 9 2 5

Lol wow man now the PS3 has a hardware issue of its own. For all PS3 owners out there don't register your bluetooth if it stops working or risk:

BlueScreen.jpg

Well at least customer service is going to replace it. My PS3's coating is kinda scratched up though from moving it, taking it on vacation, etc.

ivomitrainbows

Jeeze. That's pretty lousy. I mean the system is what, $600? Make sure it works completely before selling it for such a price. D:

SifeOner

That sucks. I've heard there are alot of things wrong with the PS3. Like this and that it over-heats if you play for 6 hours straight. My friend bought 3 of them, all broke. Then he used his brothers. Broke too. -.-,

ultamaSora

Weird, why do they seem to have every language except english. Weird lol. The 360 has the three rings of Death, and the PS3 has the blue screen of death

ultamaSora said:
why do they seem to have every language except english.
Read the fourth line on the 'blue screen' image.

And what a start for it's first few of many sales. xD.

oh, I see now, I thought it would be the first one.

And yeah lol XD
Well yes English is meant to be the universal language. However the PS3 may show the language according to a region setting or something a rather.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
That sucks. I've heard there are alot of things wrong with the PS3. Like this and that it over-heats if you play for 6 hours straight. My friend bought 3 of them, all broke. Then he used his brothers. Broke too. -.-,
You're the first one then. I never heard of PS3s overheating. If it was, it would be all over the news. And its not.

360 has overheating issues though, maybe you messed it up. Or you know more than me.

Anyways, this can hardly be compared with the 360 Ring of Death, but meh, it sucks either way. All hardware has issues, and this is the first time I hear about this thing.

Well at least customer service is going to replace it. My PS3's coating is kinda scratched up though from moving it, taking it on vacation, etc.
It doesnt have much to do with the hardware problem I think.

Still, I myself dont understand people are so uncareful with their hardware. I mean, my PS2 is always being treated with the most respect possible. I cant afford buying a new one, so Im gonna have to treat it with the respect it deserves. It's not like you're gonna go moving your HDTV and take it on vacation either, right? :toungesmile:

oh, I see now, I thought it would be the first one.

And yeah lol XD
Because youre English? XD

The world is not English-only, you know? The most spoken langauge in the world is Chinese right? And then comes Spanish I think... After that comes English.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
You're the first one then. I never heard of PS3s overheating. If it was, it would be all over the news. And its not.

just because you've never heard of it happening doesn't mean it doesn't happen. a big, huge system like that, i wouldn't be surprised if it had overheating issues. those issues probably haven't been too big in the news due to everyone already going on about how the PS3 isn't selling. when a big new system like the PS3 sells like crap, it ends up overshadowing other issues we see in tons of new systems each gen, like overheating issues.

ultamaSora

Because youre English? XD

The world is not English-only, you know? The most spoken langauge in the world is Chinese right? And then comes Spanish I think... After that comes English.

No, because I was assuming that Sephy would have an American PS3, and I would assume that it would have english first, since the majority of people in America speak english.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
just because you've never heard of it happening doesn't mean it doesn't happen. a big, huge system like that, i wouldn't be surprised if it had overheating issues. those issues probably haven't been too big in the news due to everyone already going on about how the PS3 isn't selling. when a big new system like the PS3 sells like crap, it ends up overshadowing other issues we see in tons of new systems each gen, like overheating issues.
360 wasnt/isnt selling great either, but that doesnt stop hardware issue news...

Really, if there are overheating issues, CNN or even 1UP is the first to scream it off the buildings, reminding us not to buy the PS3 because for that price hardware issues shouldnt happen, bladibla...

That's not the case, so Im not gonna take a word from someone who heard it from someone.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
360 wasnt/isnt selling great either, but that doesnt stop hardware issue news...

Really, if there are overheating issues, CNN or even 1UP is the first to scream it off the buildings, reminding us not to buy the PS3 because for that price hardware issues shouldnt happen, bladibla...

That's not the case, so Im not gonna take a word from someone who heard it from someone.

"I keep my PS3 and my Xbox 360 in an entertainment unit in the living room. It's a big wooden thing with glass doors, and while it looks cool, I guess it's not exactly what I'd call well ventilated.

Anyway, this morning at some ungodly hour, both my kids got up and wanted to play videogames. My older son wanted to play Cars while my little guy wanted to watch, and fiddle with another controller while pretending to play. The pretend option turned out to be the Sixaxis (this is relevant, I'll come back to it.)

Now, the 360 on it's own doesn't run so hot that it can't handle being in the entertainment unit with the door shut. I've had it on for hours and hours and hours before, and it never gets so hot that the fan goes into turbo bastard mode. The PS3, on the other hand, is another story. If I keep that sucker in a confined space for too long, I fear for the safety of my family. Hence, whenever we play PS3 games...the door to the unit stays open.

So (back to the narrative) while pretending to play along with his brother, my little guy hits the PS button, and the PS3 springs to life, inside the closed entertainment unit, unbeknown to Mrs. D and myself.

Needless to say, temperatures rise, fans kick in, then more fans kick in, then some new, untold level of nuclear reactor-grade cooling kicks in deep within the bowels of the PS3, and the first thing I know of this is when a little voice cries, "Dad, something's wrong with my game."

Conditions in the confined space had become so super-heated that the 360 red-ringed out, big time. So. Bottom line, my PS3 killed my 360."

John Davison is the Senior Editorial Director 1up. I think. I'll make sure I'm right on that one.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Point taken then, PS3 didnt overheat, it survived. 360 died of it... what does that tell us? 360 overheated, PS3 didnt. That PS3 was the problem is something else.

360 also overheats by itself though... some, that is.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!

the 360 has been selling good everywhere except for japan. the PS3 isn't selling good anywhere. the 360 had no major sale issues like the PS3 does, therefore there was nothing to overshadow the 360's overheating problems. the PS3 has had major sale issues, and since this console was supposed to be so big and amazing, it ended up overshadowing the commonplace overheating issues you find in just about every new console.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I played my PS3 for like 10 hours at a time and the only thing i had to do was switch controllers because it was being low. (ok i didnt play for 10 hours straight i played about 2 then left it on 2 play for like 4 then left it on then remembered to turn it off) I mean after do that if you touch your PS3 its alittle heated but not much to cause a problem. If you have it in open and not closed off i think it wouldnt do really much overheating. Oh and the bluetooth thing yeah i guess that sucks but oh well with new systems problems occur

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
I played my PS3 for like 10 hours at a time and the only thing i had to do was switch controllers because it was being low. (ok i didnt play for 10 hours straight i played about 2 then left it on 2 play for like 4 then left it on then remembered to turn it off) I mean after do that if you touch your PS3 its alittle heated but not much to cause a problem. If you have it in open and not closed off i think it wouldnt do really much overheating. Oh and the bluetooth thing yeah i guess that sucks but oh well with new systems problems occur

i keep my 360 crammed in between my tv and tons of other electronics and other crap in a really crowded area. i've never had any overheating problems. statistics dont take into individuals into account.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
i keep my 360 crammed in between my tv and tons of other electronics and other crap in a really crowded area. i've never had any overheating problems. statistics dont take into individuals into account.

Like i care i didnt say that if you do have it closed off it will overheat:closedeyes: i was just saying that its better if its in an open area. Plus your 360 most likely overheats just not to the extreme so that you would notice. and if you keep your 360 around a whole bunch of electronics and they are on you might want to possibly move the 360 before a fire happens cause there is always a chance of a electrical fire under those circumstances

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Like i care i didnt say that if you do have it closed off it will overheat i was just saying that its better if its in an open area. Plus your 360 most likely overheats just not to the extreme so that you would notice. and if you keep your 360 around a whole bunch of electronics and they are on you might want to possibly move the 360 before a fire happens cause there is always a chance of a electrical fire under those circumstances

i've felt it though, and it doesn't feel very hot at all. it feels a little warm, but so has every other console i've ever owned, and i've never had any overheating problems. sorry to disappoint you, but my 360 is in no danger.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
i've felt it though, and it doesn't feel very hot at all. it feels a little warm, but so has every other console i've ever owned, and i've never had any overheating problems. sorry to disappoint you, but my 360 is in no danger.

how does it disappoint me? i mean i was saying that there is always a chance you never can rule it out. I mean you even said that every console has had problems with overheating and with your around alot of electric supplies then your risk is moved up a bit

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
how does it disappoint me? i mean i was saying that there is always a chance you never can rule it out. I mean you even said that every console has had problems with overheating and with your around alot of electric supplies then your risk is moved up a bit

well of course it has a chance, but judging from how cool my 360 manages to stay, i can tell that it's only a slight chance. the chance would have to become more likely before anything bad happens, and if the chance became more likely, i would notice it, and fix the problem.

ya know there's a chance that i'll get run over every time i cross the street, but does that mean i should wear padding and a helmet each time i cross the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back