• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Oh joy, not this again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I feel as if my friends and or classmates always leave me out whenever it comes to working together, joining in a conversation and or whenever. For my friends, when I do explain to them, they understand but then they don't really do anything about it although they have invited me to go to Sadie Hawkins dance with them since I can't find a date (no surprise there) but then I couldn't go and that was it but for some reason, they never seen and I always join in but then one of them accuses me of interrupting her or being "rude" and if that's not it, what is? Also my classmates know I exist and yet I try to talk to them (you know without butting in and so forth) but some of them I talk to treat me like I'm just blah and they give me raised eyebrows and looks. Anyway, I like to know why can't I seem to stop being left out of things even when I try to join in and all and why has this always happen to me more then 97.9% of my life? It'd be great if any of you can give me words even such: Hahahaha...this makes me laugh. or "You lose. Hahahaha...I don't know." XD

And yeah I know it happens in life but I don't get why it seems to happen to me alot? It seems like I always have this problem (that and several issues that you don't want to know unless you know me in real life).

But please help me if your really serious and helpful and good with advice.
Thanks a bunch!

UPDATE:

3/6/09: First off, I've been getting alot of: 'Are you trying to fit in' and the answer is: No, I'm not trying to fit in and be in the 'in' crowd because that is so important (pfft if you knew me in real life, which you don't, then as of now, you'd know I don't really care about that stuff), although I would like to improve on my social skills as much as people assume, think this sounds like it. It's more about having to work with classmates and having better friendship with my friends. I'm VERY VERY VERY Sorry I didn't clarify that and I'm TRULY VERY VERY VERY VERY sorry if I've been rude and I gotten your advice, I truly thank those who have answered it! Some of you, really helped me, so it's time, I talk to my friends now. :D

Last edited:

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
i have similar problems, mostly its people who snub me because they think their better. although if that's how they feel about you then they're probably losing out on a great friend, and as for your friends, well I'm not sure what to say about them, maybe you could give them a taste of their own medicine, although that doesn't work that often I've found, i hope you have better luck.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Well if you consider these people your friends, then they are obviously not and they will most likely never be.

How old are you? Not trying to be a creeper or whatever but being 20 is a lot different then being in high school. So assuming that you are in high school, I suggest that you stick with your true friends and stop trying to fit in; it only makes you look worse. I have this friend who tries way too hard to fit in and he always looks like a dumbass. So just be yourself and find out who your true friends are and don't let them get to you. Many people in high school are bitches, especially the girls so just don't worry about it and don't worry about them.

Apollo

Silver Member
You're just one of those people that no matter how hard you try, you just don't fit in. I think people call them "loners", or somthing stupid like that. You might have a few friends you can talk to and get along with. But in the end your not meant for companionship. I don't know that is my best crack at the situation.

I'm kind of reverse. Alot of people like me, and try to be my friend, but I seek isolation( Only keeping a couple true friends).

frisson

Silver Member
It might be the way you talk, the things you talk about, and whether or not you're coming off as a "try-hard". Just relax, and let people come to you. If they don't, it might be the way you look. There's nothing any of us can base our advice on because we don't know these things about you.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
You're just one of those people that no matter how hard you try, you just don't fit in. I think people call them "loners", or somthing stupid like that. You might have a few friends you can talk to and get along with. But in the end your not meant for companionship. I don't know that is my best crack at the situation.

That's pretty bleak to be honest :\

But like the others have said, keep your priorities straight as to whom you associate with. Though I'm sure that companionship is possible with a change of pace; contact is needed for one to be kept mentally stable.

I'm kind of reverse. Alot of people like me, and try to be my friend, but I seek isolation( Only keeping a couple true friends).

We're a lot alike actually.

Muse

you look atrocious
Ditch your friends. Tell them that you don't need to take their shit. If they don't want to treat you like a friend, than you have no reason to be their friend. Stick to your true friends, friends you know you can count on.

Apollo

Silver Member
That's pretty bleak to be honest :\

Yeah, but it's the truth in a lot of cases. Somtimes it doesn't matter who you are, you just won't get accepted. Nothing could be wrong with you, people just don't accept you. Which in that case there is nothing to help it, it's just the other people.

It might not be the case, it also might be not having a common ground.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
If they dont listen to you tell 'em to fuck off. Well dont say that just do something like sit with other people and stuff. If they really are your friends then they'll try to get you back to them.

As for me, I'm inbetween. A lot of people like me and I like a lot of people and we just come to each other like a giant group.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
From the sound of things, it appears as though you're coming on a tad strongly for most peoples' tastes; try being a tad more subtle with your words and actions until other people become more comfortable around you.

~Sacred Fox~

I'll get back to you when I figure it out..
I seem to have the same problem as you. My friends would ignore me and I'll just be there watching their conversation until someone notices. But I've known them since forever, but in your case they don't sound like friends to me. I think you should be with people who are true friends or people who you feels comfotable with. I hope for the best that you can find a solution to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back