• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Site

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sillypieman

Hey I was just wondering, is there like someone on these forums that is really good at translating Japanese, and is checking up on the KH2 official site every once and a while? Cuz that would really be nice.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
You shouldn't have named the thread "official site" people may get the wrong idea. The only person around here that I know is LORD MUNE. And if anyone actually WANTED to translate, they would have done it already.

CloudX159

ppl might be to lazy if you ask me and Sora364 calm down hot nuts...its just a form.....

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I can only speak for myself on this matter- I, personally, have not even attempted to translate it because of the following reasons;

1. It is way too much work for too little info- and the info is old.
2. It's really easy to navigate just by hovering over links and checking the URL in the status bar at the bottom of the screen- no translation necessary.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The Square-Enix site is in flash, so no hovering over links to see where they go. Silly me.

firstcitytofall

Website
www.myspace.com
Ok, this is what I know so far. But most of it you can probably figure out for yourself.
1. The first button on the main page takes you to the storyline section. Which shows a small clip and gives a summary of the first Kingdom Hearts and Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Then it gives you a very very short description of Kindom Hearts 2.
2. The second button on the main page takes you to the character page. It gives you paragraph descriptions of Sora, Donald, and Goofy; possibly relating to thier plot in KH2.
3. The third button on the main page takes you to a section that I am guessing gives you the reason why Mulan and Hercules are in this game. Or how they turned up where they are. Or it might just be giving them thier movie stories and what happend in those movies. There are two buttons at the top of each description above the title, (ex. The Story Of Mulan) which probably either gives you a second page of thier story, or the second part tells you why they are in the game this go around of the story.
4. The fourth button on the main page is not yet selectable. But I am guessing it is either for screen shots or world descriptions; keep checking on it to find out.
5. The fifth button on the main page takes you to the downloads section. Where at this point in time you can download Kingdom Hearts 2 wall paper.
6. The sixth button on the main page is not yet selectable. But I am guessing it is either for screen shots or world descriptions; keep checking on it to find out.
7. (Most Important Button!) The seventh button on the main page takes you to an information section. The music note button takes you to a section that explains the theme song for Kingdom Hearts 2, which is also performed by the person who did the theme song for the first title: Utada Hikaru. The theme song is entitled Passion. If you click on the yellow underlined figures at the end of the description it will take you to Utada's web site, where there could possibly be a sample of the new theme song. Now on the information page, if you click on the video camera button with the letters PV, it will take you to a trailer of Kindom Hearts 2 (its a very very good trailer if you havent already seen it). On the information page again, if you click the button that is a heart with an "i" in the middle of it, it takes you to a RELEASE DATE SECTION! All I can tell about it is that it says that KH2 will be coming out winter 2005, and sense this is the official website, that means that this is the official release date. So always check this part to see when the release date changes if it does.
8. Now I dont exactly know what the button in the bottom next to BGM is. It seems that there might be something you have to type there and it might give you some extra possible information. But sense it is all in japenese, I guess we non-japenese reading people will never know.

This is all i know so far. I will check it every so often to see if there are anymore changes and if there are I will post them in this forum.

~Micah~

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
CloudX159 said:
ppl might be to lazy if you ask me and Sora364 calm down hot nuts...its just a form.....

Calm down? What are you talking about? I am perfectly calm. I just don't like it when people make topics sound as though they found some new info,when in reality they are only asking a question. It should have been something like "Translations Please". Get what I'm saying? And if someone ACTUALLY wanted to translate,we'd have translations a long time ago. It would be all over KH2 fansites EVERYWHERE. Its a good question,but he should have used his common sense before asking.

firstcitytofall

Website
www.myspace.com
sora364 said:
Calm down? What are you talking about? I am perfectly calm. I just don't like it when people make topics sound as though they found some new info,when in reality they are only asking a question. It should have been something like "Translations Please". Get what I'm saying? And if someone ACTUALLY wanted to translate,we'd have translations a long time ago. It would be all over KH2 fansites EVERYWHERE. Its a good question,but he should have used his common sense before asking.

well, honestly i think it was a good idea he put that up. though it may have threw a lot of people off and possibly pissed a good bit of them off, he got a lot of peoples attention. which means he might be able to get a lot of answers. he made me look at it which gave him an answer. so just lay off. its not that big of a deal that people badly name thier topics. and anyways. its already done. there is nothing you can do about it now.

Neoshadow84

ive been clicking on all the things there and if you click on the last word (on your right there will be a place where you click on it) there itll will transport you to this place with three things a musical note, a movie camera, and something else i cant remember. if you click on the movie camera and wait a while you will see a trailer (nothing new though) if you click on the musical note nothing will happen youll just see a bunch of letters and see the word passion somewhere (themesong) and a link to hikki's website

firstcitytofall

Website
www.myspace.com
Neoshadow84 said:
ive been clicking on all the things there and if you click on the last word (on your right there will be a place where you click on it) there itll will transport you to this place with three things a musical note, a movie camera, and something else i cant remember. if you click on the movie camera and wait a while you will see a trailer (nothing new though) if you click on the musical note nothing will happen youll just see a bunch of letters and see the word passion somewhere (themesong) and a link to hikki's website

as you can see in my information above, i have already included that. its on number 7.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
firstcitytofall said:
Ok, this is what I know so far. But most of it you can probably figure out for yourself.

1. The first button on the main page takes you to the storyline section. Which shows a small clip and gives a summary of the first Kingdom Hearts and Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Then it gives you a very very short description of Kindom Hearts 2.

2. The second button on the main page takes you to the character page. It gives you paragraph descriptions of Sora, Donald, and Goofy; possibly relating to thier plot in KH2.

3. The third button on the main page takes you to a section that I am guessing gives you the reason why Mulan and Hercules are in this game. Or how they turned up where they are. Or it might just be giving them thier movie stories and what happend in those movies. There are two buttons at the top of each description above the title, (ex. The Story Of Mulan) which probably either gives you a second page of thier story, or the second part tells you why they are in the game this go around of the story.

4. The fourth button on the main page is not yet selectable. But I am guessing it is either for screen shots or world descriptions; keep checking on it to find out.

5. The fifth button on the main page takes you to the downloads section. Where at this point in time you can download Kingdom Hearts 2 wall paper.

6. The sixth button on the main page is not yet selectable. But I am guessing it is either for screen shots or world descriptions; keep checking on it to find out.

7. (Most Important Button!) The seventh button on the main page takes you to an information section. The music note button takes you to a section that explains the theme song for Kingdom Hearts 2, which is also performed by the person who did the theme song for the first title: Utada Hikaru. The theme song is entitled Passion. If you click on the yellow underlined figures at the end of the description it will take you to Utada's web site, where there could possibly be a sample of the new theme song. Now on the information page, if you click on the video camera button with the letters PV, it will take you to a trailer of Kindom Hearts 2 (its a very very good trailer if you havent already seen it). On the information page again, if you click the button that is a heart with an "i" in the middle of it, it takes you to a RELEASE DATE SECTION! All I can tell about it is that it says that KH2 will be coming out winter 2005, and sense this is the official website, that means that this is the official release date. So always check this part to see when the release date changes if it does.

8. Now I dont exactly know what the button in the bottom next to BGM is. It seems that there might be something you have to type there and it might give you some extra possible information. But sense it is all in japenese, I guess we non-japenese reading people will never know.

This is all i know so far. I will check it every so often to see if there are anymore changes and if there are I will post them in this forum.

~Micah~

Oh, screw it. I'll translate what the buttons say, at least...

1. Story

2. Characters

3. Worlds

4. ???

5. Downloads

6. ???

7. News/Information

8. [Button next to BGM] Can't be bothered to translate it directly, but click it and type in your name to have Jiminy greet you as *name*san every time you visit the site.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Apparently the WYSIWYG editor hates me, as it keeps crashing when I try to edit. Quick Reply it is...

Anyway, I decided that even I am not lazy enough to ignore text just 'cause it's small.
8th button says "Input handlename", i.e. type your internet handle/nickname.

firstcitytofall

Website
www.myspace.com
LordMune said:
Oh, screw it. I'll translate what the buttons say, at least...

1. Story

2. Characters

3. Worlds

4. ???

5. Downloads

6. ???

7. News/Information

8. [Button next to BGM] Can't be bothered to translate it directly, but click it and type in your name to have Jiminy greet you as *name*san every time you visit the site.

I was just making a complex translation for those who dont want to bother going to the site. but it doenst really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back