• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Old & Busted: TerraxAqua

The New Hotness:
Uaz73dF.jpg

Zackarix

Awards
Here's my shipping hot take: Marluxia/Larxene has a lot of "He was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it anymore obvious?" energy.

I'm pretty sure that they didn't directly interact in Chain of Memories. In fact Larxene spent that game attempting to hit on Axel. So unless the intention was that Larxene was trying to convince Axel to have a threesome (which I wouldn't object to) CoM provides no basis for MarLar as a ship.

So the fact that they're suddenly being treated as romantically linked in modern games feels like "They're a man and a woman who were working together, of course they're involved." And then Larxene was implied to have joined the Organization because of Marluxia. Because as we all know, a man is at the center of every woman's motivations.

I suppose one could argue that even if it wasn't the original intention now that the characters are being developed more it makes sense to expand on their relationship. But the new backstory isn't exactly overflowing with chemistry. Elrena was an acquaintance of Lauriam's little sister and after said sister becomes the victim in a murder mystery they meet, but it's not this leads to them hanging out a lot or developing a deep bond. Instead she gives him one lead before dropping out of focus until the finale. It's not exactly an epic romance, or even an epic friendship.

And somehow I doubt that their relationship would have been taken in this direction if Marluxia had remained a woman.

palizinhas

Awards
I think CoM not having its main villains interact with one another despite being in on a plan together is actually a problem for CoM. Until the "Larxene did it all for Marluxia" thing, I actually didn't mind their KHUX backstory being linked together. I think if they had framed it as them doing everything together instead of Larxene doing it for Marluxia I wouldn't be against it.

But it's KH3. The same game who gave Terra, Ven and Roxas exciting returns while Aqua had to be beaten by Sora, the first time we see Xion's face is after Xemnas kicks her down, Kairi got fridged and Naminé pretty much does not exist. At this point I'm convinced that if Marluxia had been a woman the endgame of CoM would have been Axel literally backstabbing Marluxia and becoming the surprising final boss.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So...... is SSB shipping on-topic now? Because Doom SlayerxIsabelle can finally be canon. ^_^

flyingtails

Awards
After finally, finally watching Re:Coded, I have to say that I quite like the Sora/Namine ship... or technically, would that be Data SoNami? Idk, Kingdom Hearts man. I don't think SoNami is a popular ship, but they have a kind of sweet chemistry I think. Sora's optimism seems to make Namine really happy, I can imagine it kind of fills her loneliness.

Riku/Sora is still my favorite ship for Sora though — and for Riku, though I think Riku/Kairi would actually be pretty interesting too. In KH1, their personalities seemed kinda similar to me, in some ways. I think they could have had a really good dynamic, romantic or just platonic. Sad that they don't interact that much in recent games.

I dunno how popular Sora/Kairi is on this site but... honestly, this pairing makes me sleepy XD outside of KH1, whenever I watch their interactions, it just feels very vanilla... like a stock boy/girl romance with very little chemistry. Please don't misinterpret this as ship hate, because I am a fan of KH1 SoKai. But the writing of their romance really dropped in quality after the first game IMO.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I never thought about Data Sora being an option for Namine. I like it.

Zackarix

Awards
These arts and edits are nice and all, but can we please post the sources with them? Artists and even image editors work too hard to have their work reposted without credit.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Soriku fans are completely crazy, Sora x Riku make no sense at all, how Sora and Riku will be a couple if they are both bottom?

Sora x Kairi make way more sense because for what we know from KH1 Kairi can go inside Sora.

Sokai forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 14527

Nothing wrong with bumping purses lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Soriku fans are completely crazy, Sora x Riku make no sense at all, how Sora and Riku will be a couple if they are both bottom?

Sora x Kairi make way more sense because for what we know from KH1 Kairi can go inside Sora.

Sokai forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 14527
That’s hot garbage

Back