• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Look, you're one of the better Rokunami shippers for not thinking they're instantly in love by the end of KH2 alone, but as they've shared nothing noteworthy on KH2, that's what I have to go on. And in KH2, the need for nobodies to rejoin with their somebodies are constant, preventing them from having their own true identity. Roxas and Namine being romantically together reinforces the lack of their own true self and limits them. If they had more development together or nobody lore was written a little differently, it'd be a different case. But that's how it is. Do Roxas and Namine act differently from Sora and Kairi? Duh. Do their interactions give them enough breathing space, preventing them from being trapped in the roles of Sora and Kairi if they to hypothetically get together? In my opinion, no.

I've read your post two times and I'm still trying to find any validity to what you're saying. I'm focusing on this ship being against the theme of them being their own people yet looking at the concept, there's nothing to be found. The statement that they had to rejoin their original selves are only the words of a platinum haired bigot who verbally abused a girl who was a Nobody. KHII focused on that not being the case, and that Roxas and Naminè joining Sora and Kairi is sad and bittersweet as they have their own individuality. They are forced to exist from within.

Their own relationship/friendship has nothing to do with Sora and Kairi either. Sora and Kairi can never understand their pain and why they found solace together in the best case scenario that was offered at the time in KHII. Sora and Kairi didn't talk and shared their doubts about things pertaining to their special Nobody existence, or had Kairi hack into data and disobey a prejudiced man to aid Sora, who originally was going to fade into another person blind as everything was ripped away and wouldn't have known why. This is all Roxas and Naminè. They have had their own breathing space. You simply don't like it/them (my impression at least, am I wrong?).

Unless you're saying that because they are the other halves of Sora and Kairi, somehow getting together means it strengthens a lack of identity because Sora and Kairi are together? Which is, as the British say, bollocks. If they end up liking each other, it is, again, based on the merits of their personalities and how they are as people, as well as what they bonded over in KHII. Now their possible romance is even more their own because they are themselves post-KHIII and the major build up, if they proceed with the building blocks they inputted in II (and even Days), would be from that point on.

Finding RokuNami interesting is subjective. But you have a lot of vitriol for a pair that interacted and met in KHII before they had to return to Sora and Kairi, and haven't had the chance to develop and interact further as they were stuck inside other people after a tutorial segment. Now there might be more to come since Naminè is implied to live in Twilight Town and I feel that's a foregone conclusion.

Overall, I...simply find the argument presented weak and lacking honestly. I disagree with it completely.

I've never said I want Namiku to be canon. I've stated this repeatedly, but apparently it needs echoing again. I'm an absolute hipster when it comes to this ship. I didn't start shipping it after KH3, I've harboured tons of headcanons, fanfics and feelings around it several years before. Heck, the fact that I'm one of the only people left who still refers to them by their actual ship name is evidence of that. Do Riku and Namine share many noteworthy interactions preceding KH3? No. My thoughts and feelings towards them hinder entirely around potential rather than what's canon and I've never pretended otherwise. I even stated before I don't mind Rokunami as a concept, but as it is in canon, I hate it.

I've also mentioned before (directly towards you, I believe) that I absolutely roll my eyes at everything to do with Repliku, because it's so incredibly obvious that Namine does not share any kind of connection with him whatsoever. My eyes only rolled further into the back of skull at Tetsuya's interview. I discard KH3's character writing as a whole, because it's worthless.

Assume less about me when making such statements, pls.

I've never said you wanted it to be canon. I was merely referring to you liking the ship, yet criticizing Roxas/Naminè for their limited scenes when their interactions have been, frankly, more authentic to Riku's questionable treatment of her during KHII and lack of care for her in KHIII and yet that's not at all a problem. Hence, the deterrence.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The interrelationships in KHIII were bare and nonexistent, so it's an overall fault of the writing. The trio were thick black holes. Nonetheless, Roxas still missed her and got emotionally triggered when Sora reached the Twilight Town mansion, and he visually flashed over him. Sora sighed sadly afterwards when it was over.

But this isn't just to do with KHIII. You claimed, and I quote, that Roxas didn't care about her "post-KH2" and completely forgot about her. That is 100% false.

And what does saving her have to do with Roxas?

What does it have to do with Roxas?

The theme of Coded and DDD was that Sora was to save all these people. It coincided with Blank Points. DDD is traveling into Sora's dream world. Not Kairi's. The fact that Naminè appeared at all was surprising, but it was probably due to Xion because of the whole memory reflection effect.

And Coded happened because Naminè was the head bitch in charge of that installment. The whole point of that game is that Naminè did something to Jiminy's Journal to inform Sora of all the people he had to save, not just Xion.

In the end, there is no evidence of what you keep going on about.

Naminè didn't do anything. She helped Roxas and interfered in Diz's plan and Xion made the decision for herself, lest we forget that Naminè was surprised she opted to return to Sora in Days. And wasn't going to stop her at all from leaving.

She's fine. Next.

Then again, the girl might still feel guilty cause that's just...how she is. Either way, she's chilling there.
Don't go around claiming that I'm villainizing Namine. Also, you want to quote me, then do it right. I did say "post-KH2", but I said that Roxas didn't care about her AS MUCH AS XION post-KH2. The reason for that is simply because Xion was introduced POST-KH2 and they had way more scenes together (a whole game) than the few scenes that Roxas/Namine got in KH2. Lastly, as you keep fabricating what I said, I never once said that Roxas forgot about Namine.

You hit the nail on the head about why there was no in-depth coverage on Roxas/Namine in KH3/ReMIND because no one got anything. But in a game where the priority relationships got pushed to the forefront, it's clear that Roxas/Axel/Xion trumped Roxas/Xion/anyone's concern about Namine. The only people that were shown to be concerned about her seemed to be Sora and Kairi (before you misquote me and try to villainize me, I'm talking about who was actually shown to be concerned about Namine, I think everyone else that knows about her wanted to save her, but they just didn't show it on screen).

All I'm saying is that Roxas/Namine's relationship ended at KH2 - at least what we see on screen. I don't believe that they spoke to each other post-KH2. I also think that the focus went from Roxas/Namine to Roxas/Xion (and before you accuse me of shipping Roxas/Xion, I don't) because of Days. This is all I'm saying.

And regarding what Namine did do, yes she helped Roxas and Xion, going against DiZ's plan... but she also helped DiZ/Riku with their plans. She also helped the Organization. She got a moment to apologize and make it up to Sora, all I'm asking for is a scene where she gets to make it up to Roxas - where she doesn't get promptly taken away and the conversation doesn't get to end properly. I know that Namine was forced into doing bad things, all I want is for the game series to actually have characters acknowledge these things, so that conversations can actually be about character feelings and not just "Sora"/"Darkness". I don't want just Namine to acknowledge her wrongdoings, I would love to see Riku talk to Roxas, Isa/Sora talk etc. It takes away a lot of good conversations/moments when everything is just glossed over and deemed "A-OK". Like Terra/Aqua need to have a conversation that we see.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Sorry to interrupt the delightful chit-chat, but has anyone read good (or passable) ReaderXAny-character fics they'd recommend? I've never read any and I'm curious to see how it works. But also too scared to look them up myself. I'm not sure what I'll find. Someone mentioned one about Roxas earlier?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Don't go around claiming that I'm villainizing Namine. Also, you want to quote me, then do it right. I did say "post-KH2", but I said that Roxas didn't care about her AS MUCH AS XION post-KH2. The reason for that is simply because Xion was introduced POST-KH2 and they had way more scenes together (a whole game) than the few scenes that Roxas/Namine got in KH2. Lastly, as you keep fabricating what I said, I never once said that Roxas forgot about Namine.

Villainizing is to portray a person, or in this case, character, by saying false and dramatized things about them and making them worse than what they are. You basically accused Naminè left and right about things she didn't do and was never confirmed she did, like her messing with Roxas' memories and leading him to Diz. And that her and Roxas have to "talk" about what she did to him when she did absolutely nothing. Sorry, but I believe I used the term correctly where it applied, and therefore, I'm not taking it back :|. I asked you to provide evidence of these claims you're making, and you also failed to do that. Without that, it is vilifying her.

If you can provide me with proof of your accusations, then that can be reconsidered.

Roxas and Xion having more scenes together cannot be controlled because they did have a whole game along with Axel. But Roxas didn't care less about Naminè because Xion got retconned in to exist and his attention went elsewhere. That's just inaccurate. He still acknowledged Naminè.

You hit the nail on the head about why there was no in-depth coverage on Roxas/Namine in KH3/ReMIND because no one got anything. But in a game where the priority relationships got pushed to the forefront, it's clear that Roxas/Axel/Xion trumped Roxas/Xion/anyone's concern about Namine. The only people that were shown to be concerned about her seemed to be Sora and Kairi (before you misquote me and try to villainize me, I'm talking about who was actually shown to be concerned about Namine, I think everyone else that knows about her wanted to save her, but they just didn't show it on screen).

All I'm saying is that Roxas/Namine's relationship ended at KH2 - at least what we see on screen. I don't believe that they spoke to each other post-KH2. I also think that the focus went from Roxas/Namine to Roxas/Xion (and before you accuse me of shipping Roxas/Xion, I don't) because of Days. This is all I'm saying.

There was no in-depth coverage but there was coverage, which have been shown to you from DDD and KHIII by me and pastel.goblin. It didn't end at KHII. Roxas and Xion, for all the priority you say they had, didn't get to talk a lot either or had an actual conversation in the third main entry. Unless you can pinpoint where otherwise.

It was a nod of the heads for the most part, a mention of a name or two, or Roxas (and Axel), directing the group when fighting. Hell, Roxas exchanged more words with Sora than to either of his best friends. Xion spoke more to Axel. Xion barely got sentences. So sorry if I can't help but think that you're overexaggerating this whole situation when it concerns how much Roxas cares or not. RAX, aside from the group hug, was lacking. And this was the, according to you, important relationship.

Plus, choosing and assuming what Roxas feels or doesn't feel is flimsy as you don't hear from him on how he views his friendships. So do people, just because they have to deal and help one friend at the moment, means they automatically care less about their other friends? So if a child has to help one parent and has to prioritize that for the moment, do they care about the other parent less? Does that even make sense?

I'm putting your statements into perspective here so you can see the faultiness of it. This is what you're implying is occurring with Roxas, Xion, and Naminè. Mind, it is very much understandable that Roxas would care more for people he's known longer, that's par the course. HOWEVER, you are exaggerating one side while undermining the other and that's the bias where you lose me into buying what you're putting out.

Sora, Kairi, and Roxas were the ones who cared about her, and they were shown on screen. Do not exclude him.

Sora: self-explanatory, the only one that got to speak to her
Kairi: speech about Naminè's right to exist
Roxas: Final World where Sora confirmed Roxas shared Naminè's pain in DDD, on screen, Sora stating Roxas missed her, on screen, Roxas VISUALLY flashing over Sora in a nostalgic, emotional trigger as he gazed at Naminè's room window, leaving Sora looking down sadly as he felt Roxas' feelings...on screeeeeen.

Skip to 11:44.

Is this not ON SCREEN?

And regarding what Namine did do, yes she helped Roxas and Xion, going against DiZ's plan... but she also helped DiZ/Riku with their plans. She also helped the Organization. She got a moment to apologize and make it up to Sora, all I'm asking for is a scene where she gets to make it up to Roxas - where she doesn't get promptly taken away and the conversation doesn't get to end properly. I know that Namine was forced into doing bad things, all I want is for the game series to actually have characters acknowledge these things, so that conversations can actually be about character feelings and not just "Sora"/"Darkness". I don't want just Namine to acknowledge her wrongdoings, I would love to see Riku talk to Roxas, Isa/Sora talk etc. It takes away a lot of good conversations/moments when everything is just glossed over and deemed "A-OK". Like Terra/Aqua need to have a conversation that we see.

How did she help Diz and Riku with their plans? That's what I've been asking from you for a while already.

• Riku suggested to Xion to visit Naminè, Xion did so...on her own volition. Naminè explained what was going on. Didn't force her to do anything and was surprised she was even willing to return to Sora.
• Naminè spent her days fixing Sora and running into issues due to the Soras running around, away from whatever Riku and Diz were doing. Her role was basically Ms. Exposition.
• Once Naminè was aware what Diz's and Riku's plans were for Roxas, meaning she wasn't privy to it, she hacked into the data and disobeyed Diz to help Roxas. So how was she a co-conspirator?

So what, WHAT do Roxas and Naminè have to discuss about what she did not do to him? I get everyone else, but in terms of them, what.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Sorry to interrupt the delightful chit-chat, but has anyone read good (or passable) ReaderXAny-character fics they'd recommend? I've never read any and I'm curious to see how it works. But also too scared to look them up myself. I'm not sure what I'll find. Someone mentioned one about Roxas earlier?

Not to toot my own horn but I’m currently working on a saucy ReaderxNomura.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don’t read them personally but I could probably find a few...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Villainizing is to portray a person, or in this case, character, by saying false and dramatized things about them and making them worse than what they are. You basically accused Naminè left and right about things she didn't do and was never confirmed she did, like her messing with Roxas' memories and leading him to Diz. And that her and Roxas have to "talk" about what she did to him when she did absolutely nothing. Sorry, but I believe I used the term correctly where it applied, and therefore, I'm not taking it back :|. I asked you to provide evidence of these claims you're making, and you also failed to do that. Without that, it is vilifying her.

If you can provide me with proof of your accusations, then that can be reconsidered.

Roxas and Xion having more scenes together cannot be controlled because they did have a whole game along with Axel. But Roxas didn't care less about Naminè because Xion got retconned in to exist and his attention went elsewhere. That's just inaccurate. He still acknowledged Naminè.

There was no in-depth coverage but there was coverage, which have been shown to you from DDD and KHIII by me and pastel.goblin. It didn't end at KHII. Roxas and Xion, for all the priority you say they had, didn't get to talk a lot either or had an actual conversation in the third main entry. Unless you can pinpoint where otherwise.

It was a nod of the heads for the most part, a mention of a name or two, or Roxas (and Axel), directing the group when fighting. Hell, Roxas exchanged more words with Sora than to either of his best friends. Xion spoke more to Axel. Xion barely got sentences. So sorry if I can't help but think that you're overexaggerating this whole situation when it concerns how much Roxas cares or not. RAX, aside from the group hug, was lacking. And this was the, according to you, important relationship.

Plus, choosing and assuming what Roxas feels or doesn't feel is flimsy as you don't hear from him on how he views his friendships. So do people, just because they have to deal and help one friend at the moment, means they automatically care less about their other friends? So if a child has to help one parent and has to prioritize that for the moment, do they care about the other parent less? Does that even make sense?

I'm putting your statements into perspective here so you can see the faultiness of it. This is what you're implying is occurring with Roxas, Xion, and Naminè. Mind, it is very much understandable that Roxas would care more for people he's known longer, that's par the course. HOWEVER, you are exaggerating one side while undermining the other and that's the bias where you lose me into buying what you're putting out.

Sora, Kairi, and Roxas were the ones who cared about her, and they were shown on screen. Do not exclude him.

Sora: self-explanatory, the only one that got to speak to her
Kairi: speech about Naminè's right to exist
Roxas: Final World where Sora confirmed Roxas shared Naminè's pain in DDD, on screen, Sora stating Roxas missed her, on screen, Roxas VISUALLY flashing over Sora in a nostalgic, emotional trigger as he gazed at Naminè's room window, leaving Sora looking down sadly as he felt Roxas' feelings...on screeeeeen.

Skip to 11:44.

Is this not ON SCREEN?

How did she help Diz and Riku with their plans? That's what I've been asking from you for a while already.

• Riku suggested to Xion to visit Naminè, Xion did so...on her own volition. Naminè explained what was going on. Didn't force her to do anything and was surprised she was even willing to return to Sora.
• Naminè spent her days fixing Sora and running into issues due to the Soras running around, away from whatever Riku and Diz were doing. Her role was basically Ms. Exposition.
• Once Naminè was aware what Diz's and Riku's plans were for Roxas, meaning she wasn't privy to it, she hacked into the data and disobeyed Diz to help Roxas. So how was she a co-conspirator?

So what, WHAT do Roxas and Naminè have to discuss about what she did not do to him? I get everyone else, but in terms of them, what.
OK, clearly you are just looking for a fight, but I'm not going to stoop to your level. I don't see why you're attacking me over Namine when she's one of my favourite characters.

Out of curiousity, who do you think manipulated Roxas' memories in KH2, so that he wouldn't remember anything from Days? I know that it wasn't CONFIRMED and you apparently work on confirmations only when it suits you (and assumptions when it suits you). So, who did it? I can tell you that the only character CONFIRMED to be able to manipulate memories in KH is Namine, who happened to be working with Riku/DiZ, so I think it's safe to say that it was Namine who erased Roxas' memories of Days. I don't see why you have to excuse Namine from anything bad. If she didn't actually manipulate Roxas' memories, that actually detracts from her character. If you say Namine didn't manipulate Roxas' memories, then she is just someone that stood by and waited until Sora was almost complete, to then try and help Roxas. If she did manipulate Roxas' memories, then her trying to help Roxas is actually her feeling guilty over being forced into messing up "Sora" (in a sense) again which I think adds more to her character.

And how naive do you think Namine is? How could Namine NOT know Diz and Riku's plans for Sora? It was obvious that they wanted Roxas to complete Sora. You keep demanding evidence from me, so where is the evidence that Namine had absolutely no idea that DiZ/Riku were planning to use Roxas to complete Sora?

I think you're taking me out of context. When I'm talking about Roxas "caring less" about Namine because Xion and Days existed, it's because of the NARRATIVE of these games. After Days, Xion (and Axel) became a package deal to Roxas which - we should all be able to agree on - trios get priority/more attention than individuals. So yes, Roxas cared about Namine still, but the narrative that Nomura chose to show was more focused on Roxas/Xion/Axel. Yes, they got crap and barely anything in KH3, but in a game where lots of people got nothing, I actually consider their hug gratuitous from Nomura. Yes, I said that this was the "important" relationship because Nomura showed it and went out of his way to show it in a game where Aqua doesn't even utter a word to Master Xehanort.

astertide

Awards
Yikes, here's the inevitable ship war except it's like... giving me Paul vibes.

Anyways, I read a lot of Reader-Insert fanfictiion.
You- You can tell a lot about me by that.
//cries//

... Just remember that no matter how much you love the fic and the characters, you'll never be "(y/n)" :(

@Clue.Less Are you male, female or other? The majority of these fics are female reader .-.

pastel.goblin

Awards
but I said that Roxas didn't care about her AS MUCH AS XION post-KH2
...not to be that guy but your original comment was:

After KH2, it's as if Namine was Xion'd out of Roxas' mind. He never mentions her or cares about her about KH2.
sorry I'm really not trying to pick a fight

Out of curiousity, who do you think manipulated Roxas' memories in KH2, so that he wouldn't remember anything from Days? I know that it wasn't CONFIRMED and you apparently work on confirmations only when it suits you (and assumptions when it suits you). So, who did it? I can tell you that the only character CONFIRMED to be able to manipulate memories in KH is Namine, who happened to be working with Riku/DiZ, so I think it's safe to say that it was Namine who erased Roxas' memories of Days.
If Roxas was being kept in a real world I'd be inclined to agree that it had to be Naminé, even though as pointed out before her powers don't really work that way (I mean it took what, a week? for her to replace one person in Sora's memory, yet she can wipe out and replace Roxas' entire existence in a few hours or a day?) But if Roxas can be converted into data and placed in a simulated world I don't think it's too much of a reach to assume DiZ can overwrite his memories with data. DiZ himself is the one who says Roxas needs a new personality, before zapping him into digital Twilight Town and working on his giant crazy computer. The fact it's never outright stated anywhere that Naminé was the culprit is strange if it was meant to be her.

That said, I do want them to talk about everything - Naminé promised they would after all - I just don't think it'd be some big angry confrontation resulting in Roxas declaring he could never date her lol. I mean, look at how Roxas is with Riku: he hates the guy, and has reason to. But when he's interacting with Naminé, there's never any anger, even when she tells him he's not supposed to exist. He's upset but surprisingly calm, rather than flying off the handle like we're used to with him. And he's not stupid, he'd have figured out that Naminé was working with DiZ yet he's never shown to have any animosity towards her like he does with Riku. There is definite room for growth and character development between them by talking through it all, but I don't necessarily think it's something that needs "closure" so much as Roxas and Riku would; we saw by KH2's end that they'd made peace with it all. Sorta. Lol.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over this anymore, I really don't want to upset anyone and I'm sorry if I have.

Back on topic, there is a total lack of Naminé/Hayner art and now I'm sad

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Curses @pastel.goblin , foiled again! Lol.

But you did amazing, couldn't have put it better myself.

OK, clearly you are just looking for a fight, but I'm not going to stoop to your level. I don't see why you're attacking me over Namine when she's one of my favourite characters.

I'm not looking for any fight, lol. I'm also not attacking you and you're not being called anything, so I can't see why you're taking it personal. We're talking about Naminè here. Accusing her of doing things she did not do and have to apologize to Roxas for is villainizing her character. This is your original comment:

I mean, people want to comment about how Roxas shouldn't be on the beach having fun because Riku's there and they never had closure. Did Roxas ever get closure with Namine manipulating him and honestly giving him an extremely messed up existence? I know she was forced to do it and/or she was doing it "for Sora", but still... what she did to Roxas is incredibly messed up - erase your previous life (which was already short), replace it with fake memories, then watch you think you're living a normal life only to find out that you're going to die in 7 days. How can Roxas date Namine after that?

Looking at the definition of villainizing or vilifying, is that not what you're doing?

Out of curiousity, who do you think manipulated Roxas' memories in KH2, so that he wouldn't remember anything from Days? I know that it wasn't CONFIRMED and you apparently work on confirmations only when it suits you (and assumptions when it suits you). So, who did it? I can tell you that the only character CONFIRMED to be able to manipulate memories in KH is Namine, who happened to be working with Riku/DiZ, so I think it's safe to say that it was Namine who erased Roxas' memories of Days. I don't see why you have to excuse Namine from anything bad. If she didn't actually manipulate Roxas' memories, that actually detracts from her character. If you say Namine didn't manipulate Roxas' memories, then she is just someone that stood by and waited until Sora was almost complete, to then try and help Roxas. If she did manipulate Roxas' memories, then her trying to help Roxas is actually her feeling guilty over being forced into messing up "Sora" (in a sense) again which I think adds more to her character.

And how naive do you think Namine is? How could Namine NOT know Diz and Riku's plans for Sora? It was obvious that they wanted Roxas to complete Sora. You keep demanding evidence from me, so where is the evidence that Namine had absolutely no idea that DiZ/Riku were planning to use Roxas to complete Sora?

I think you're taking me out of context. When I'm talking about Roxas "caring less" about Namine because Xion and Days existed, it's because of the NARRATIVE of these games. After Days, Xion (and Axel) became a package deal to Roxas which - we should all be able to agree on - trios get priority/more attention than individuals. So yes, Roxas cared about Namine still, but the narrative that Nomura chose to show was more focused on Roxas/Xion/Axel. Yes, they got crap and barely anything in KH3, but in a game where lots of people got nothing, I actually consider their hug gratuitous from Nomura. Yes, I said that this was the "important" relationship because Nomura showed it and went out of his way to show it in a game where Aqua doesn't even utter a word to Master Xehanort.

Pastel.goblin pretty much broke down every single thing I was going to say about this, including your original statement that began this whole back and forth, which is not the same as what you are saying now. Trust me, if you stated what I bolded in the first place, there would be no discussion of this at all.

We also already replied to you about this particular issue concerning Roxas' memory. Here's mine on the previous page:

Where does it officially state, say, or confirm anywhere in the game, Ultimania, or interviews that Naminè did all of what you're accusing her of? It literally took her a year to fix memories (granted, due to complications, yet it would have still taken a while), and it took her at least three weeks to turn Sora into what she needed him to be. How is she to accomplish that in an hour? Or however long it took Riku to drag Roxas to the Twilight Mansion. There's this misguided blame towards her about what occurred because "memory powers it must be her" but that was never official and it doesn't make much sense because her powers don't work that quickly.

I'm pretty certain it was Diz that cloaked his memories with data when he turned Roxas into data itself when he transferred him to Data Twilight Town.

Furthermore, they already talked about how her perception was wrong in KHII.

I don't believe it detracts from Naminè's character at all that she didn't. In fact, it enhances it. She risked waking up Sora and ruining Diz's plan for Roxas, which is on the grey spectrum, especially for her position. Naminè knew that Roxas [and Xion] had to go away, but that doesn't mean she was there plotting with Diz in trapping Roxas in some Data world. She broke in for a reason. If she was in cahoots with them, she wouldn't have been in the tutorial for Data TT.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Yikes, here's the inevitable ship war except it's like... giving me Paul vibes.
No one, and I mean no one, will be as bad as that guy. At worst this is just Pinkers vs. Cloti fans lite. Which, yes, provoked the worst shipping war in all of gaming history, but no one can still be as bad as that guy except other neckbeards, maybe.

That aside, guys, cut it out. You’re giving me an ulcer.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
...not to be that guy but your original comment was:

sorry I'm really not trying to pick a fight

If Roxas was being kept in a real world I'd be inclined to agree that it had to be Naminé, even though as pointed out before her powers don't really work that way (I mean it took what, a week? for her to replace one person in Sora's memory, yet she can wipe out and replace Roxas' entire existence in a few hours or a day?) But if Roxas can be converted into data and placed in a simulated world I don't think it's too much of a reach to assume DiZ can overwrite his memories with data. DiZ himself is the one who says Roxas needs a new personality, before zapping him into digital Twilight Town and working on his giant crazy computer. The fact it's never outright stated anywhere that Naminé was the culprit is strange if it was meant to be her.

That said, I do want them to talk about everything - Naminé promised they would after all - I just don't think it'd be some big angry confrontation resulting in Roxas declaring he could never date her lol. I mean, look at how Roxas is with Riku: he hates the guy, and has reason to. But when he's interacting with Naminé, there's never any anger, even when she tells him he's not supposed to exist. He's upset but surprisingly calm, rather than flying off the handle like we're used to with him. And he's not stupid, he'd have figured out that Naminé was working with DiZ yet he's never shown to have any animosity towards her like he does with Riku. There is definite room for growth and character development between them by talking through it all, but I don't necessarily think it's something that needs "closure" so much as Roxas and Riku would; we saw by KH2's end that they'd made peace with it all. Sorta. Lol.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over this anymore, I really don't want to upset anyone and I'm sorry if I have.

Back on topic, there is a total lack of Naminé/Hayner art and now I'm sad
I said that meaning he never mentions her or cares about her after KH2 narratively. We don't see Roxas actively saying anything about Namine and the way the narrative is positioned, it shifts it towards Roxas/Axel/Xion and barely, if anything, about Namine.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Oof.

Can we at least all agree that Roxas, Naminé and Xion are wonderful and amazing and special little cinnamon rolls that must be protected at all costs?

All in favour say "aye".

I wouldn’t call Roxas a cinnamon roll.😆Angry emo kid maybe?

You know, when I made the topic of the week Rokunami vs Rokushi vs whatever, I didn't expect it to get as intense as it did. I thought things were fairly calm among that group xD
I blame you for this…

:LOL:

Back