• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

pastel.goblin

Awards
Next game Naminé, Lauriam and Elrena will pick flowers together.
The fact that this is legitimately a possibility makes me so upset lol.

I still want proper closure between Roxas and Riku. Make them friends in the end, sure whatever (though I'd prefer Roxas to maintain at least a minor dislike of Riku tbh, it'd be a different dynamic between the heroes for once) but make Riku work for it, give us something at least. I don't buy them being all happy happy on the beach, Roxas is a grudge holding little gremlin and you can't convince me otherwise. Same for Roxas and Saix.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
—In the Final World, Sora tells Namine, "Someone else special I know won't let you down." (*T/N: Literally, "the person you miss/want to see the most will come get you.") Did he mean Riku?

Nomura: He meant that the person Namine wants to see the most would come get her, as a way of cheering her up. It is actually Riku, in the form of the one who has been entrusted with the Riku Replica's feelings, who does go and get her. Namine does feel a special connection to Riku (the Riku Replica.)

I will always find this absolutely hilarious because Sora doesn't even remember Repliku much less know he and Naminé have any kind of connection, but it is what it is.
I am fine with Riku / Namine not being canon--although Riku / Namine would be as good as any het ship foisted on Riku could be... At least Namine is a good character (unlike Kairi) and they have personalities that I think would mesh well, personally. And their interactions in Reverse Rebirth and both of them having been on missions to save Sora back then (at any cost) would be a decent ground level to work from. All of this assuming he needs to tie Riku up with a girl, any girl.

I would also be fine with Repliku / Namine being what he was trying to imply, since I'm a fan of the ship.

But what I actually believed when playing KH3 the first time and Sora made those comments to Namine? That he was referring to Roxas.... I think it's because they said something about wanting to see one another in KH2, didn't they? I think it was on the day Roxas comes into town and everything freezes for a moment; Namine said something along the lines of, "I just wanted to meet you. At least once." And then they talk about being able to at least "see" one another through Sora and Kairi at the end (even if that wouldn't have been as nice as seeing one another literally). I mean, how would anyone have thought Repliku? That's a seriously horrible writing blunder if he thought we would get that.

pastel.goblin

Awards
But what I actually believed when playing KH3 the first time and Sora made those comments to Namine? That he was referring to Roxas.... I think it's because they said something about wanting to see one another in KH2, didn't they? I think it was on the day Roxas comes into town and everything freezes for a moment; Namine said something along the lines of, "I just wanted to meet you. At least once." And then they talk about being able to at least "see" one another through Sora and Kairi at the end (even if that wouldn't have been as nice as seeing one another literally). I mean, how would anyone have thought Repliku? That's a seriously horrible writing blunder if he thought we would get that.
You know, I never actually thought of it this way, but it does make sense. Like I said earlier, Roxas is one of the only characters Naminé herself has expressed wanting to spend time with ("So we can be together again!") It's honestly weird how they built stuff up for them only to not have them interact. I'm not personally into Repliku/Naminé, partly because of the implanted memories thing but mostly because Naminé never showed any interest in him, only guilt over what she did. That combined with Sora of all people telling us Repliku is who Naminé wanted to see most makes it one of the most baffling things in the series for me, at least in terms of character relationships. I didn't actually play CoM when it came out, but had seen all the shipping stuff, so was legitimately surpised when I finally watched the whole thing they didn't really amount to much. They didn't even have a scene of saying goodbye, while Repliku and Sora had a somewhat heartfelt one. I get the appeal for others even if it's not for me, but it always just seemed really one sided in canon.

palizinhas

Awards
I think out of context Roxas is the one who works best - there's also that KH2FM scene where Naminé talks about wanting to see someone while looking at a drawing of Sora and Roxas, so it would have been set up well, but the actual context of the line is this:

Naminé: [Roxas] is the one they all miss. It's... not me.
Sora: Wrong! What about me, Kairi, Donald, Goofy? The King! Roxas too, he misses you! And someone else special I know won't let you down.

It's said as if it's someone who hasn't been mentioned yet by Sora before this.

I feel like thinking it's regular Riku was more valid than Repliku - Sora at least knows Riku exists. I don't blame people for assuming it's Riku, really, because people shouldn't need to read an interview to know it's supposed to be Repliku, and no one would ever think it's Repliku.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I think out of context Roxas is the one who works best - there's also that KH2FM scene where Naminé talks about wanting to see someone while looking at a drawing of Sora and Roxas, so it would have been set up well, but the actual context of the line is this:

Naminé: [Roxas] is the one they all miss. It's... not me.
Sora: Wrong! What about me, Kairi, Donald, Goofy? The King! Roxas too, he misses you! And someone else special I know won't let you down.

It's said as if it's someone who hasn't been mentioned yet by Sora before this.

I feel like thinking it's regular Riku was more valid than Repliku - Sora at least knows Riku exists. I don't blame people for assuming it's Riku, really, because people shouldn't need to read an interview to know it's supposed to be Repliku, and no one would ever think it's Repliku.

It was handled terribly in my opinion. Even if say, he was referring to Riku (acting on Riku Replica's stead), there's no way he would have known this whatsoever. And if he was just referring to whoever, then he's essentially lying to make her feel better without being sure. Naminè hasn't breathed a word of Riku Replica since CoM except for a drawing in II. And suddenly she wants to see him most. For what? Why? There's no basis for that.

Nomura completely glossed over the actual question and I wish these interviews grilled him and expose his distorted thinking. This is what makes KH not believable, flawed, and hard to buy. Roxas and Riku should not have been running on the beach whatsoever as well.

But worst of all...

Naminè in the long run, was just a tool utilized for Riku Replica's closure. Notice how they don't even bother to show her thoughts on the situation over a sacrifice that she didn't ask for and more than likely wasn't needed. The replica team were mainly working on returning Roxas and Naminé, were they not? In the Secret Reports. There is no reason why they wouldn't reserve vessels for those two specifically.

Nomura just seems to have sprung a random boner for Repliku out of nowhere and now he throws all of this in III with no build up over the course of the series and forsakes every other relationship Naminè had (except Sora). I didn't find what Repliku did at all sweet, I was confused as to when Naminé cared that much and why the whole segment was necessary. Then it got worse when the whole ending was rightly misinterpreted and he had to go on an interview to debunk, lol.

None of the Rikus work for me when it comes to her. NONE. Repliku would have been fine if I didn't feel the execution was subpar. The blocks were there to cement though, that much I'll say.

If not Roxas, I would throw her to Hayner even, since it's implied she lives in TT. Or Ven. Or whoever is within her age range.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
This is what I mean by Nomura being too deep in his writing. He’s so disconnected from what we see and play that he has to clarify things like this.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is the ending of the Xehanort saga, the culmination of all relationships and rivalries. Given the context of previous games, it would lead people to think about Roxas or Riku. Repliku’s “death” was presented as final so people didn’t even consider him until later on.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I do like Ven and Naminé (they'd be sweet though it does feel kinda Roxas substitute-y) but Hayner...? I sense a new rarepair, they'd be so cute :ROFLMAO: I like Roxas/Hayner too, so new OT3?

I feel Hayner would crush on her since she's so pwetty.

Wasn't there this novel excerpt, or short story that came with some book that actually played on this? The paragraphs were bunched up together though.

Yes! Found it.

Yeah, Ventus will have this Roxas substitute feel. But whatever, she can work with it, lol.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I am fine with Riku / Namine not being canon--although Riku / Namine would be as good as any het ship foisted on Riku could be... At least Namine is a good character (unlike Kairi) and they have personalities that I think would mesh well, personally. And their interactions in Reverse Rebirth and both of them having been on missions to save Sora back then (at any cost) would be a decent ground level to work from. All of this assuming he needs to tie Riku up with a girl, any girl.

I would also be fine with Repliku / Namine being what he was trying to imply, since I'm a fan of the ship.

I didn't think it was Roxas at all. After KH2, it's as if Namine was Xion'd out of Roxas' mind. He never mentions her or cares about her about KH2.

I thought it was abundantly clear that Sora was talking about was Riku. That's why the ending had Namine rush outside without even changing her year old dress right into Riku's muscular arms.

Nomura better have a reason for changing the LOGICAL explanation. It's like you said, I didn't even think Sora was talking about Repliku because Sora didn't even know he existed. Sora probably was confused by the Riku Replica at the Keyblade Graveyard and assumed it was Riku's possessed heart from KH1.

I never ever understood Roxas/Namine. It's even lamer when people say "they're like Sora/Kairi". In a game full of clones, why would anyone look forward to the most obvious/expected romance in Sora 2.0/Kairi 2.0? And if Sora/Kairi get nothing, just imagine what Roxas/Namine would get.

Honestly, when I think of KH I really don't see anywhere that a relationship would even be worthwhile for storytelling. Nomura wouldn't be able to resist turning one of the love interests (probably the female one) into a damsel in distress, instead of a more original storyline. The only reason I actually really like Riku/Namine is because I trust Nomura's writing of Riku and I can tell Nomura doesn't care about Namine enough to even have her get kidnapped, so at least the relationship can be stable and uninterrupted. If he did do it, Namine would probably be off screen 99% of the time, but at least Namine wouldn't turn into Princess Peach like Kairi did. Xehanort ran out of castles, so he just killed Kairi in KH3.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I feel Hayner would crush on her since she's so pwetty.

Wasn't there this novel excerpt, or short story that came with some book that actually played on this? The paragraphs were bunched up together though.

Yes! Found it.

Yeah, Ventus will have this Roxas substitute feel. But whatever, she can work with it, lol.
Oh that was incredibly sweet~

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I know this is a completely random crackship, but I remember seeing fanart with TT!Seifer and Namine that was really adorable.... It might've played into the same dynamic I imagine in a Repliku / Namine pairing, which is why (as far as Namine being like a princess and ReplikuSeifer being her guard-dog who will f you up if you mess with her, lol).

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh that was incredibly sweet~

I just wished the translation was, uh, better. Then again I'm not sure if this the literal cusp of Kanemaki's writing.

I thought it was abundantly clear that Sora was talking about was Riku. That's why the ending had Namine rush outside without even changing her year old dress right into Riku's muscular arms.

Are you sure you're talking about the scene in KHIII? Lol. You added fanfic to it.

pastel.goblin

Awards
After KH2, it's as if Namine was Xion'd out of Roxas' mind. He never mentions her or cares about her about KH2
... huh? We playing the same game series?? DDD had Roxas sharing Naminé's pain with Sora, which he'd been holding on to. The very first time Roxas manifests through Sora in KH3 was not when seeing HPO, but when Sora looks at Naminé's window. Ienzo's secret reports state that for both Naminé and Roxas, their memories of digital Twilight Town were important in bringing them back, and a big part of Roxas' time there revolved around Naminé. Sora flat out states that Roxas misses her, which he would know more than Riku/Repliku's feelings about her.

Like, I get you prefer Rikunami and that's totally valid, but to say Roxas doesn't care about her is flat out false

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I know this is a completely random crackship, but I remember seeing fanart with TT!Seifer and Namine that was really adorable.... It might've played into why I like Repliku / Namine, which is why (as far as Namine being like a princess and ReplikuSeifer being her guard-dog who will f you up if you mess with her, lol).
I mean, considering Seifer was waaay into sorceresses...

astertide

Awards
DDD had Roxas sharing Naminé's pain with Sora, which he'd been holding on to.

Wait, is that what it was? I thought he was just sharing his memories of that week with Sora. Because it shows scenes of Axel and other scenes that didn't involve Naminé.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Wait, is that what it was? I thought he was just sharing his memories of that week with Sora. Because it shows scenes of Axel and other scenes that didn't involve Naminé.
In KH3 when he's speaking to Starminé in the final world, he tells her knows how much she's hurting, and that he felt that pain through Roxas with a flashback to the DDD scene

astertide

Awards
In KH3 when he's speaking to Starminé in the final world, he tells her knows how much she's hurting, and that he felt that pain through Roxas with a flashback to the DDD scene

I thought he was just feeling Roxas' pain at what Naminé had to go through.

Back