• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hedginka

Awards
Well as someone who's shipped Namiku & Rokushi for like a third of my life, this is a pretty easy discussion.

I don't mind Rokunami as a concept, but the idea of it becoming canon makes me want to set absolutely everything on fire. I don't find there's much point in going into their limited amount of interactions, or how they go against the message that nobodies are their own people, because it's been pointed out numerous times before. But above all else, it's just very dull. It's my same issue with Sora/Kairi. They're like a very subpar Disney romance. And even then, at least Prince Philip fought a dragon to save the most uninteresting Disney Princess of all time.

And it hardly helps that the existence of Xion made Rokunami look all the stranger as a canon possibility. In fact, you could pull a half decent argument that Xion sidelined Namine's relevance as a whole. Roxas/Xion is Sora/Kairi done right. Sora/Kairi wishes it could have a third of the genuineness and development those two have. It helps that 358/2 Days has the strongest character writing the series will ever have as a whole. Heck, because of Xion, Roxas ends up being given 'the girl talk' by Axel. Couple that with some of the manga moments and you've got a solid thesis for a ship right there. I know the manga ain't canon, but still, take what you can.

It bothers me to no end that most of KH2's story has been retconned by later entries with vastly more lackluster writing. But I'm more than okay with Rokunami having less chance of happening with every passing year. Personally, I've always liked to interpret their relationship as platonic anyhow.

What's that? The 2.8 special credits sequence has a segment that showcases Sora/Kairi & Roxas/Namine alongside all the other Disney romances of the series, giving heavy canon implications? Nah, you're just making stuff up now.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
-or how they go against the message that nobodies are their own people, because it's been pointed out numerous times before.

They do not go against the message that Nobodies are their own people. Like, you are free to attack them on every angle if that's what you want, but let's not go with disproven, false arguments. They act nothing like Sora and Kairi, and the reason for their bond has nothing to do with Sora and Kairi.

Also, it's odd that you ship Namiku, who have very limited interactions, their scenes consist of business meetings about Sora's progress, Riku did not mention her and neither was she a priority for him in the entirety of KHIII until Riku Replica tasked him to keeping his death wish, allowed Diz to mistreat her, and Riku even manhandled her himself. But somehow Roxas and Naminè's interactions about helping him and finding solace together due to their similar fates has no genuineness. It befuddles me.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
You ever have one of those days? No? Now you will.
E63B4109-3503-4C7F-8B3C-42F73B42B566.gif
Welp, it’s finally begun, and soon more would follow it. If you guys will excuse me, I’m gonna down some antacids and xanax. Or at least go to sleep. Please, please don’t be a ship graveyard tomorrow.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
You ever have one of those days? No? Now you will.
View attachment 13238
Welp, it’s finally begun, and soon more would follow it. If you guys will excuse me, I’m gonna down some antacids and xanax. Or at least go to sleep. Please, please don’t be a ship graveyard tomorrow.

It'll be fine, lol.

But mostly the bs about that they go against Nobodies being their own people is untrue and it's a tiring, wrong argument to dismiss them and I find it an insult to their characters. They can say whatever they want otherwise. Roxas and Naminè aren't even a romance yet. They just met and talked in KHII for the first time.

Foxycian

Awards
I don’t know How I view shipping now but the only ones saw spark in are Kairi with Sora and Roxas with Namine, with Roxas and Namine it’s not really that strong tbh I just felt little spark between them in kh2, also I really want to ship Xion with Roxas but I just can’t help but view her as his little sister, maybe my opinion will change in the future

The rest of the series didn’t really put much effort into the shipping, they were all just friends, Aqua and terra are just friends heck even a family since they live together, If strelitzia wasn’t murdered then she may have been shipped together with the player, and Skuld did show small affection and wanting to be with Ephamer, she even went searching for him when he disappeared, but ofc it’s still not proof she likes him romantically

Moral of story, in kingdom hearts not every male and female are love interests just cause they appear together.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Sigh.

It is kinda funny how people say Rokunami didn't interact enough while shipping Rikunami though, not gonna lie. There was even a bit of a build up to Rokunami interacting again in KH3, even if it didn't happen. Repliku/Riku though? Completely out of nowhere, Naminé has never breathed a word of interest in either of them the entire series. Also how the heck would Sora even know who she supposedly wanted to see most, he never got his CoM memories back; he barely knows Naminé. Flipping Data Sora knows her more at this stage lol

palizinhas

Awards
I don't really think 'they don't interact enough' is a deterrent when the limited amount of scenes they do have is good. Regardless of anything else, Naminé was the one to help Riku realize he could use darkness for good - that's a very important part of his character going forward and it happened because of her.

I'm not particularly invested in Rikunami and I think people who say it's 'canon' are getting ahead of themselves, but I also don't think that people who like it do it for no reason. Though they do extrapolate a lot - I often see people talking about how they spent so much time together during the year Sora was sleeping, and yet we only see them together once in Days.

astertide

Awards
The only canon ship is SoKai.

The only second-tier-canon ship is Terqua.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I don't really think 'they don't interact enough' is a deterrent when the limited amount of scenes they do have is good. Regardless of anything else, Naminé was the one to help Riku realize he could use darkness for good - that's a very important part of his character going forward and it happened because of her.

I'm not particularly invested in Rikunami and I think people who say it's 'canon' are getting ahead of themselves, but I also don't think that people who like it do it for no reason. Though they do extrapolate a lot - I often see people talking about how they spent so much time together during the year Sora was sleeping, and yet we only see them together once in Days.
My point was that it's hypocritical, but honestly that's a lot of the KH shipping fandom in a nutshell. Naminé helping Riku realise he could use darkness for good was absolutely important, and I do get why people ship them. I just find it silly to say that Naminé and Roxas didn't connect (when their limited interactions were all important too, and Roxas is one of the few characters who Naminé herself has expressed interest in) while other characters with honestly less interaction but also important moments are apparently different.

But yeah, especially on twitter there's a lot of generous interpretations going around being touted as canon. I even saw someone say Namixi makes the most sense because of the "strong bond they formed in Days." Like.. they had one scene together?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Btw can anyone find that interview or quote. I tried looking for it but Google only showed me people shipping Rikunami or people talking about the interview...without the interview.

I just want to see it so I can rest in peace.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't really think 'they don't interact enough' is a deterrent when the limited amount of scenes they do have is good.

One scene. What else do they have that's good?

The issue I have with the user's opinion is that they use Roxas and Naminè not interacting enough as a deterrent, but then ships RikuNami whose interactions are hardly worth counting, and when they do interact, it has nothing to do with Naminè or actually bonding with her, just of Sora. At least Roxas and Naminè got to confide in each other and Roxas depended on her to help him and tell him the truth that everyone else failed to give him. Naminè actually shared her concerns over her abilities with him in that she doesn't know how to use them right. Meanwhile Riku allowed the abuse from Diz and believed his words, grabbed her roughly himself, and only drew the line when he was ordered to dispose of her. Riku cared more about Aqua in KHIII than he did Naminè. He had to think for one moment to get who Riku Replica was referring to.

At least Roxas got triggered enough to flash over Sora and gaze over her window while Sora felt sadness when he got to the Twilight Town mansion. At least Roxas shared her pain with Sora in Dream Drop Distance during that weird KHII based memory transfer (which Sora confirmed in the Final World that Roxas did). At least Kairi delivered the most beautiful speech about her right to live. Sora himself is self explainable since he's the only one out of the main cast who talked to her cause Nomura pays her dust. Literally everyone cared about her better. What would have happened if Repliku didn't have Riku promise to deliver the vessel? You wouldn't have him blink over Naminè like he did the rest of the entire game.

I understand that people have bias, but that one, as well as the whole "it goes against them being their own people" nonsense, boggled the mind.

Last edited:

palizinhas

Awards
Btw can anyone find that interview or quote. I tried looking for it but Google only showed me people shipping Rikunami or people talking about the interview...without the interview.

I just want to see it so I can rest in peace.

—In the Final World, Sora tells Namine, "Someone else special I know won't let you down." (*T/N: Literally, "the person you miss/want to see the most will come get you.") Did he mean Riku?

Nomura: He meant that the person Namine wants to see the most would come get her, as a way of cheering her up. It is actually Riku, in the form of the one who has been entrusted with the Riku Replica's feelings, who does go and get her. Namine does feel a special connection to Riku (the Riku Replica.)

I will always find this absolutely hilarious because Sora doesn't even remember Repliku much less know he and Naminé have any kind of connection, but it is what it is.

astertide

Awards
—In the Final World, Sora tells Namine, "Someone else special I know won't let you down." (*T/N: Literally, "the person you miss/want to see the most will come get you.") Did he mean Riku?

Nomura: He meant that the person Namine wants to see the most would come get her, as a way of cheering her up. It is actually Riku, in the form of the one who has been entrusted with the Riku Replica's feelings, who does go and get her. Namine does feel a special connection to Riku (the Riku Replica.)

I will always find this absolutely hilarious because Sora doesn't even remember Repliku much less know he and Naminé have any kind of connection, but it is what it is.

... Wait, I'm so confused. Didn't Repliku die in KHIII? He isn't inside ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Riku anymore, right? So why would Naminé still feel a connection with Riku?

Edit: Wait, at this point Naminé was literally in Sora's heart. She saw Repliku die!

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Bless you stranger. You have ended my eternal suffering. I am free from my mortal coil, ready to embrace nirvana.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Faulty, random, inept Nomura logic.

Just like Roxas' entire entrance since he has the power to transport himself from one world to another because "connection" and has full on knowledge of things he really shouldn't have considering he was held within Sora's chest.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Roxas / Namine is one of the few ships I'd like to be canon. (I assume only het ships can become canon... If I had to pick, it'd be this one or Terra / Aqua.) The only other ship that features Namine that I really like is Repliku / Namine, but I think that one would require more time to get across successfully. And since we've learned Nomura is not going to give Namine much time onscreen, I'd rather he just give us Roxas / Namine if any, since KH2 already laid most of the groundwork for it, imo. He wouldn't have to do much of anything to seal the deal with that ship. Roxas / Xion.... It doesn't bother me if others ship it or if it became canon, since there are a lot of interactions in Days. I guess for me they always seemed more like brother and sister? RAX and ATV both have the feel of "family" trinities as opposed to SRK--again, for me.

It's also my preference of the Roxas ships, too, actually. Roxas / Sora is cute to think about it--in a way. But we haven't actually got much interaction between them onscreen. I don't know, for me both Roxas / Sora and Roxas / Riku--outside of being hotness overload, especially the latter--would have tragic undertones. Roxas always showed a mixture of rage, sadness, and jealousy over the fact that he wasn't "real" like Sora (in 2, in re:Coded, and 3D), which is why the whole ship would revolve around or be built on top of his curiosity of Sora being his Other as the driving force. And for me Riku would only want Roxas because he can't have Sora and Roxas would be the replacement Sora since he's his Nobody. I guess the ship wouldn't have to be that way necessarily (taking the SoRiku stan glasses off)... But since all of Riku's interactions with Roxas revolve around saving Sora, I can't help but view it that way. I mean, he pretty much helped "kill" Roxas in order to complete Sora. That would be quite a mood-killer from Roxas' viewpoint, wouldn't it?

Back