• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This topic is for discussing any and all pairings in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Feel free to introduce yourself with your favorite ships!

Rules
  • Respect everybody's opinions and stay respectful to one another, please
  • No flaming or baiting allowed
  • No harassment
  • Spam, troll, and unrelated topics are not allowed in this discussion​
  • Discussion of pairings involving adult and underaged characters together are not allowed​
  • No NSFW discussion​

Last edited:

palizinhas

Awards
One ship I really can't get into is Terra/Aqua. I just see the wayfinders as a whole as a family unit, and there's nothing in the text that makes me think Terra and Aqua have feelings for each other, which I wouldn't say is true to other popular ships like Soriku and Sokai, which regardless of my personal feelings (which is that I'm mostly neutral on both) do have moments where I could buy them.

But anyway stan Roxas/Sora.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
no pairing is canon.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!!! ALL SHIPS ARE CANON...unless it's been confirmed by someone who works on the series :D.

As for my OTPs, I will always ship Soroku and Vanven with them being my OT4. I also low-key shop Soriku but it's not my favorite because it's WAAAY over shipped IMO :3

Zul

Awards
Ship threads and "how to make Kairi not suck" threads, the bread and butter of KH forums. Do you truly think you can stem this tide?!

TBH I find it way less annoying than the endless barrage of donald-heal memes on the KH subreddit.

Anyway my ships:

Aerith ~x~ Chair
Ven ~x~ Chirithy (not romantic, floof snuggles)
Scala Blueberry Pie Poster ~x~ Scala Flowerpot Poster.
Baked Beans ~x~ Refried Beans
Horse

EDIT: ↓↓ It isn't a diss at you, being disagreed with, or someone disliking what you like, is not an attack on you. ↓↓

Last edited:

Idkanymore92

Awards
Why does this thread seem to be a diss at me. I said in other thread I rarely think about sokai it’s brought up as an example of the hypocrisy of other ships not because I want to talk about it’s not even a thing in my mind.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why does this thread seem to be a diss at me. I said in other thread I rarely think about sokai it’s brought up as an example of the hypocrisy of other ships not because I want to talk about it’s not even a thing in my mind.

Definitely not you. We've had multiple ship threads by multiple users and I'm more irritated at @Zul there (😤). I don't care about what anybody ships, but it's clear people don't want to stay on topic in these discussions and prefer to talk about Sokai in a thread about a completely different pairing. Rather than just watching it all fall to chaos, I've created this thread where people can share their favorite ships and discuss whatever pairings they want without the restrictions of a main topic.

Zul

Awards
Definitely not you. We've had multiple ship threads by multiple users and I'm more irritated at @Zul there (😤).

Mwheheheehehe.

I'll clarify here that it's not really directed at all those who say "SoKai isn't canon". Canon means "comes from an official source", if we take that as being explicitly stated by an official source, then you are correct, no pairings are canon.

If, however, it's taken as any content in the official source, implied or otherwise, then yes, thinking SoKai is not intended to be implied at all is head-in-the-sand.

The other group I'm referring to are those who think that there's some kind of romantic "endgame" to the KH series (this includes SoKai). I've seen blog posts where people go out of their way to tie clues together to theorize that all of the writing has had this overarching romantic narrative hidden in the subtext that is going to culminate in some big romantic moment at the end.

That's ridiculous for a series that has emphasized friendship to the point of irritation and treated romance as an afterthought for ~18'ish years, directed by a man who doesn't care about romantic narratives in the slightest. KH is not going to suddenly reveal that it was a hidden romance novel the whole time.

It's also just my nature to have a very rigid approach to fandoms compared to a lot of others out there. One of my KH buddies is a XehAqua shipper.

Yes, YX x Aqua. Our conversations go something like this.
{
Me: That doesn't make any sense!
Her: It isn't really canon-nort, in my fic he has a very different personality and background here, so does Aqua.
Me:....THIS PAIRING DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
Her: IT ISN'T STICKING COMPLETELY TO THE CANON, THEY HAVE DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS IN THIS FIC!!
}
Loop for 30mins.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Why does this thread seem to be a diss at me.
It's not. Most shipping threads devolve into spam posts mocking shipping in general, like Sephiroth x Pooh and so on. Shipping is rarely talked about in a serious manner unless it's an argument between shippers of X pairing versus Y pairing, and in those cases the two arguing don't even listen to one another really, lol.

Personally, the only pairings I really ship are SoRiku and LeaIsa, although I passively ship Namine x Roxas, Riku Replica x Namine, Terra x Aqua, and Hayner x Roxas. I'm not sure right around when LeaIsa picked up steam for me. I was never really a big fan of Lea post-CoM, but I always love-loved Saix/Isa--easily the best new character added in 2, jmo. Days was when the idea of the pairing really got going, I guess, because Saix's jealousy and cutting comments were so extreme. It was obvious he must have grown a heart in that time period for him to feel that strongly about Axel "moving on" to a new life that didn't include him. I hoped Isa would be redeemed in 3, and I pretty much got everything I wanted... I think I was more hesitant with the ship before 3, because there was the possibility Saix would die for good in 3 and I don't really enjoy shipping something with a tragic ending.

Kokoko253

Awards
I ship:

I'm weirded out by: Sora x Riku, Axel x Roxas, Ventus x Aqua

I'm neutral on: Everything else.

The series doesn't really need romantic relationships, it needs better presented friendships.

I want to see more interactions between: Aqua and Riku, Riku and Terra, Roxas and Ventus, Roxas and Vanitas, Xion and Vanitas, Terra and Naminé, Kairi and anyone.

I get that the series is big on trios, but this setup limits potentially great interactions and relationships. With starting a whole new arc, this is a perfect time to mix up the formula. We could have a new Mark of Mastery exam, where Sora and Terra retries, and Lea and Kairi try for the first time. And instead of separating them, have them work as a group. Then have Yen Sid send Riku, Aqua and Mickey on advanced master studies, or to deal with something that needs masters. Have Roxas, Xion and Ventus do formal keyblade studies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't ship on a serious level. Most of my ships are weird anyway such as

Aqua X Axel, you can thank @Eonstar890 for this one.

Olette X Xion, look at their interaction on the clocktower. Olette is into puppets.

Terra X Cinderella, forget Prince Charming, Cinderella needs a Terra in her life.

Aqua X Cinderella, Same reason as above just swap Terra for Aqua.

Zexion X Lexaeus, just because...

Xemnas, Saix, and the Kingdom Hearts moon in a love triangle.

Ventus X Aurora, because of cute fanart and he thinks she's beautiful.

So yeah, those are my wacky ships. But if talking seriously the only ship I want in Kingdom Hearts is friendship. I'm way more into cheesy friendship stories then ones of romance. I want to see them mix it up with SRK, TAV, and RAXIN and have them group chat on their Gummi Phones together. That would be so wild. Xehanort would constantly try to get in on the chat and get kicked off.

May-Jor

Awards
Namixi is best OC ship

Maleficent x Pete is best Disney ship

Mickeyriku is best OCx Disney ship

Change my mind

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Larxene x Marluxia is also pretty good. Mostly because those two have such good chemistry with each other in KH3

Last edited:
Back