• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

palizinhas

Awards
Eugene/Rapunzel/Cassandra in a "Rapunzel has two hands" type of way is the best. I feel like Eugene/Rapunzel is probably the most popular Disney animated canon ship, and that's very deserved.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eugene/Rapunzel/Cassandra in a "Rapunzel has two hands" type of way is the best. I feel like Eugene/Rapunzel is probably the most popular Disney animated canon ship, and that's very deserved.

YES. RAPS HAS TWO HANDS. LET HER BE WITH CASS.

AND LET THIS SONG BE THEIR OT3 ANTHEM

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tangled the Series has some of the best Disney songs. Crossing the Line is such a good breakup song I can't see it as not being a breakup song. "And for us, if we're over, that's fine".

It really was the break up song and it's so good. This is why I desperately want KH to acknowledge the TV show canon for some series because I'd love to see Cassandra in KH and watch that whole dynamic play out again in another way lol (I'm a sucker for friends/lovers to enemies to friends/lovers and KH is so full of it)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I liked Beast and Belle's development in KH2. Beast struggling to ask Belle to stay at the castle with him with his friends' help was pretty funny.

Rapunzel x Eugene was kind of half assed in KH3 but it's one of my favorite Disney pairings in the canon.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the problem with Ariel/Eric is less with Eric and more with Ariel. From her perspective, the relationship feels more based on infatuation than any other animated Disney relationship. Yeah, characters falling in love at first sight is standard Disney affairs, but I don't believe Snow White ever considered giving up her voice and her relationship with her family members (assuming she had any) for a chance at that hot Prince body. So when Ariel becomes almost comically infatuated with someone she knows nothing about, it's reminiscent of a teenage girl wanting to stalk their favourite boyband member. And since she knows Sora pretty well by that point, the possibility of shipping her with him instead sticks out pretty noticeably.

I'm aware there's the argument that Ariel wasn't only interested in a lovely royalty shag, but also wanted to explore and be a part of the human world, especially since she has an entire song bout it. Arguably 2. But because romance is such an integral aspect of classic Disney, the non-romantic goal is somewhat overshadowed.

There's also the fact that if Ariel wants a gateway into the human world so badly, she already has that in Sora. If the story didn't have to take the same route of the movie, Sora could just go on land, bounce back into his human form, taking Ariel with him and they could go on cute dates together. I'm surprised I've yet to see fanfiction.net tackle the possibility actually.

However, I won't pretend I don't also see the appeal in giving Sora & Ariel a relationship akin to siblings, especially with how young Sora feels by comparison in KH1. Yeah, I know there's only a 2 year age difference, but it doesn't feel like 2 years with those characters, does it? And since Eric is by all accounts more conventionally attractive, especially since I'm fairly certain Ariel isn't a weeb, the decisions she goes for do ultimately make sense.

Thinking about it, there's a half-decent argument to be made for an Ariel/Riku romance; in addition to everything that applies to Sora, if Riku's muscles and height are any indication, he clearly fits more with Ariel's type.

But analysing Princess/Prince romances is stupid, just look at the pretty people in pretty outfits dance and fangirl.

I think people tend to be a bit unfair to Ariel. Yeah, Eric is hot and she reacted like any young, 16 year old teenage girl would at the thought. But you can't forget that she also heard him and had a good impression of the type of person he was, especially since he was talking to his dog alone. Spending time with him once she got legs just confirmed who she thought he was. Accepting Ursula's deal was both Eric and her love of the surface that she's been dying to know more of.

As much as people like to go around pairing Sora with Disney girls due to having better "chemistry" than he has with Kairi [again], the ships tend not to hold a candle compared to its canon Disney pair in my opinion. Eric/Ariel, Aladdin/Jasmine, Eugene/Rapunzel, and Beast/Belle are all around better. Though that doesn't mean the idea of Sora/Disney girl can't be explored.

People like Cinderella have a Prince who is more a blanket canvas, so throwing her to Terra or Aqua provides no issue because...what is it exactly being compared to? A dude she met one night.

Hedginka

Awards
People like Cinderella have a Prince who is more a blanket canvas, so throwing her to Terra or Aqua provides no issue because...what is it exactly being compared to? A dude she met one night.

I'm pretty confident in saying Aqua spent even less time and shared even less dialogue with her. Partially why I think shipping Cindy with Terra has easily the most merit.

Hedginka

Awards
Anyway, your favourite couple doesn't have a moment as cute as this.

ezgif-7-edecf2adf526.gif

ezgif-7-f2ea66060ce0.gif

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyway, your favourite couple doesn't have a moment as cute as this.

ezgif-7-edecf2adf526.gif

ezgif-7-f2ea66060ce0.gif

Or a hot kiss.
1qCz.gif

When would KH ever.

Goodness, I love Aladdin/Jasmine.

I'm pretty confident in saying Aqua spent even less time and shared even less dialogue with her. Partially why I think shipping Cindy with Terra has easily the most merit.

Hey, whatever floats anyone's boat 😁.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Watching Prince & the Pauper for the first time on D+. It's a short film with 2 Mickey Mouses in it, one the prince & the other a pauper.

& now I think I know how Minnie's been able to deal with Mickey's continued absence. >_>

astertide

Awards
//laughs and cries in rarepair hell//

uhh

Skuld x Ephemer
Vanitas x Kairi
Vanitas x Roxas
Naminé x Ventus
Xion x Naminé (is this rare?)
Ventus x Ephemer (is this rare?)
Kairi x Roxas (is this rare?)
Aqua x Lea (is this rare?)

Maybe Shiki x Riku-

Hedginka

Awards
If you’re in KH rare pair hell, pls be my friend. No jokes here.

Anyway, Terra/Cinderella because peak Knight/Princess dynamics and it’s canon that they inspire each other and at least half the people who played BBS noticed Cinderella’s obvious better option, if only for a moment. So much more I could say, but that sums it up well enough.

Back