• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Usually when I think about Sokai I associate it with the first theme song Simple and Clean/Hikari. Even if the lyrics don't really match their relationship lol.

And that's mostly due to the end of KH1

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't really think of SoKai in association with the themes, but I can understand how others do, especially with the first KH considering the last scene is the one of the drawing in the Secret Place.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Any pair with Roxas in it just screams of Jesse McCartney...

Not even. I always thought it was silly that Roxas got stuck with Jesse songs just because he voiced him when most of his music are about him being in love, being in a relationship, post-relationship, etc. Roxas has nothing to do with that in canon.

Only one I can think of is Better With You.

And that is the closest to Roxas/Naminè based on KHII.

Honestly, the lack of romance in this game really doesn't spark the imagination except the ones I mentioned above, let alone any songs to go with it. I'll have to sit this one out.

I guess Sora/Kairi can have songs about being separated. It just sucks that the canon couple is something I don't care about and there's no other side pair to fall back on.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards

And that is the closest to Roxas/Naminè based on KHII.

Not bad.

I guess Sora/Kairi can have songs about being separated. It just sucks that the canon couple is something I don't care about and there's no other side pair to fall back on.

Well there’s always uh…yeah I got nothing.

I forgot to say this around page 14, but Hiromu Arakawa is a woman whose name is actually Hiromi.

Trying to think of some pair…yeah I still got nothing. Not only is this game kissless, it’s practically romance-less unless it’s the Disney canon.

Edit: There’s always Player and Strelitzia. Finally, a pair I can think of, even though they never actually met and it was a one-side stalker-ish kind of crush.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I forgot to say this around page 14, but Hiromu Arakawa is a woman whose name is actually Hiromi.

LMAO. Wow, the one dog bone I threw at Japanese men in terms of writing and the author of FMA is actually female. That explains things with how amazing the characters were. Shame she had to use a male pen name, wtf.

Edit: There’s always Player and Strelitzia. Finally, a pair I can think of, even though they never actually met and it was a one-side stalker-ish kind of crush.

Eh. To be honest, I don't even consider Strelitzia a character. If the fandom is going to shit on Kairi, then Strelitzia is legit a non-person. Just a tool utilized to pine over MC (more than likely male of course) for the very short while she existed and then offed to give Onii-chan angst so we can forget how much of an asshole Marluxia was if they gave him a sympathic background that makes no sense with how he treated Naminè ("memories are forgotten, but not lost").

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
LMAO. Wow, the one dog bone I threw at Japanese men in terms of writing and the author of FMA is actually female. That explains things with how amazing the characters were. Shame she had to use a male pen name, wtf.

I don't know; I mean I can't comment on these things since as an outsider I have no right to criticize on how other cultures solve their social issues, let alone the glass ceiling.

I will say that at least they have...Lady Murasaki? And uh...yeah I still got nothing. Well, they got Lady Murasaki and her Genji Monogatari, so, there's that.

Eh. To be honest, I don't even consider Strelitzia a character. If the fandom is going to shit on Kairi, then Strelitzia is legit a non-person. Just a tool utilized to pine over MC (more than likely male of course) for the very short while she existed and then offed to give Onii-chan angst so we can forget how much of an asshole Marluxia was if they gave him a sympathic background that makes no sense with how he treated Naminè ("memories are forgotten, but not lost").

I'm just thankful that they didn't go with the overused "onii-chan~" trope that's scarily more common than the "senpai" trope. Then again it is a Disney game so I doubt they'd that kind of disgusting development. Still, it's the only other romance with original characters in the game outside of Sora and Kairi, even if it's one-sided.

CreeperMaster343

Awards
I think this for Kairi's view of Sora (bonus points for being sung by Hayden)

Edit: Hell here is one of a Sora and Kairi montage

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
New topic time~ Quotes of your fav pairings be they platonic or romantic. Feel free to write an essay or dump quotes with little more than a "<3" to go with it

palizinhas

Awards
My favorite quote from a fave kh ship is... an evolving one.
"You changed". To "I'm not the one who changed. You did. ". To "Everything changed. You, and me."
Saix and Axel spend Days accusing each other of changing, because so much became different once Roxas and Xion came along that it forced them to aknowledge that they aren't the kids who joined the Organization to find a missing friend together. I like how Saix does it first, and then Axel does it, and then the last time it's brought up, it's Saix admitting that everything has changed - including both of them.

pastel.goblin

Awards
"See? We meet again, like we promised."
"You said we'd meet again, but when we did, we might not recognise each other."
"I did, didn't I?"
"But I knew you."
"Mmm... it's strange."
"I think I understand. I see myself the way you remember me. And you see yourself the way I remember you."

I just... find the entire scene really sweet, but especially this part. Considering what their fate was at the time, the fact they found comfort with each other and wouldn't disappear entirely because they still recognised each other even from within Sora and Kairi just struck a chord with me. It's also why I've never liked the whole, ship them/they like each other purely because of Sora and Kairi; it's bogus. Besides their dynamic and connection not actually having anything to do with Sora and Kairi, they don't consider themselves as their others, they see themselves the way they remember each other, as Roxas and Naminé.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
“We’re back.”

“You’re home.”

Short words, but very meaningful after Kairi’s letter. After all, isn’t home where the heart is?

There’s one more that brings to mind from my shipper days, with Roxas and a certain girl, but I won’t quote it for obvious reasons.

Oh and, “My whole journey began the day I lost her.” It doesn’t speak volumes, but there’s something there. Sora acknowledges that Kairi is his driving force to do the impossible.

Hedginka

Awards
“Didn’t you tell me it was important to stay strong?”

“There’s this girl here. Her name is Cinderella. She taught me how powerful it is to believe.”

I routinely think about it being canon that Terra & Cinderella inspire each other.

Last edited:
Awards
New topic time~ Quotes of your fav pairings be they platonic or romantic. Feel free to write an essay or dump quotes with little more than a "<3" to go with it

Hold that thought, please. Late submission.

Dream of Butterfly from Persona 1 (PSP)

Sokai.... mostly Kairi's perspective. Sleep, dreams, dependence. Yada-yada.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
While this isn’t related to the current topic of the week, admittedly being put off at nonsense theories from games that have yet to appear as a reference much less a cameo in this series got an idea into my head. Hopefully though, it’ll stay in this thread and only in this thread.

I’m really hoping that a tube of Tynar Rouge costing 99999 munny will appear in a future game, and Sora will buy it as a gift for Kairi. Either they sell it at Twilight Town from Scrooge or Jessie, or, I don’t know, the light of Kingdom Hearts bestow it on the guy for being such a faithful wielder. Maybe Tinkerbell would be trapped in it and Kairi can use it to summon that dandruff spreading pixie.😆

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While this isn’t related to the current topic of the week, admittedly being put off at nonsense theories from games that have yet to appear as a reference much less a cameo in this series got an idea into my head. Hopefully though, it’ll stay in this thread and only in this thread.

I’m really hoping that a tube of Tynar Rouge costing 99999 munny will appear in a future game, and Sora will buy it as a gift for Kairi. Either they sell it at Twilight Town from Scrooge or Jessie, or, I don’t know, the light of Kingdom Hearts bestow it on the guy for being such a faithful wielder. Maybe Tinkerbell would be trapped in it and Kairi can use it to summon that dandruff spreading pixie.😆

Maybe when Kairi puts it on, she senses a power within...something beyond the special attributes it bestows. When she focuses on it Tink appears!

It should be a long quest throughout the worlds rather than bought. Then finally it appears in a chest.

Also Sora can equip it himself as well because he’s like the series’ Jack of all trades type of character.

Back