• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The pairings I like are probably the obvious/boring ones depending on how you see it: SoKai, RikuNami, etc.

SoKai: I find them cute together, and I'm a sucker for the Childhood Friends to Lovers trope 😅 plus seeing them battle Xehanort together was amazing😁(y) I just hope we get to see bond together more, whether it's romantic or platonic.
I can see why some people would ship SoRiku(more power to you if you do), but I see them more as a familial bond than a romance.

RikuNami: I could see this ship working out, since they have spent time together working to restore Sora's memories, and even when DiZ wanted Naminé erased, Riku made the active choice not to go through with it. And, while not canon, Charlie Co's comics and stories kinda sold me on the idea of Sora and Kairi trying to be matchmakers for them, teasing Riku to no end 😂

That said, for ships like RokuShi or RokuNami, I could see it going either way. But I can definitely see Lea and Isa as a pairing given their recent interactions, they're officially the 'dad' friends in the Twilight Town crew.

In the end, I say ship what you like, even the crack ships, just don't force it on people as if it's gospel. There's enough wars in fandom over ships as it is.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
So.......
......Leon/Cloud anyone?

At the very least, I really want them to interact more, even if Cloud never comes back, or if the Radiant Garden crew ever have prominent roles again. Seeing them banter and work together in KH2 was a real treat. I'll never get over how that whole subplot and all their enjoyable dynamics with each other (plus the missing Zack mystery) was just tossed away. And I'm not even a FF fan.
Oh, yeah, I love that one... And not just because it's hot--I think it's a fun pairing because of how similar they are, and together it highlights the subtle differences. Plus, I never liked Rinoa... As for VII, I always preferred Cloud/Tifa to Cloud/Aerith. Cloud/Sephiroth is really popular, but--again, hotness aside, lol--I could never get into that one.

If I had to decide between Roxas/Xion or Roxas/Namine, I'd go for the latter definitely. For me, Xion always felt like a little sister to Roxas. I can understand why others might ship it though, since the relationship between the trio in Days is one of the most well-defined, with lots of intimate moments.

pastel.goblin

Awards
When it comes to Sokai/Riku I don't really mind either way. On the one hand I get why people prefer Soriku, they defs have a much stronger relationship that's actually developed right from the first game, but on the other I think anyone who honestly believes Sokai isn't endgame are fooling themselves. Honestly though, I'd be okay with Sorikai haha, so long as Riku and Kairi fix whatever rift appears to have come between them.

Rikunami is a no for me, Riku's never really been shown to care much for her, barely even mentioned her until the end of KH3 when Repliku reminded him she existed lol. I know people think they would've spent loads of time together while Sora was sleeping, but Days shows it's not really the case, like it was said earlier in the thread, they spoke on day 200-something and Riku needed to be caught up on what was going on, he obviously hadn't been around aha.

Replinami is an absolute notp, for the obvious reasons of the brainwashing thing (yeah yeah, he held on to those memories after Naminé broke him, but they still weren't real feelings and seemed to me more like Repliku deciding to hold on to the only thing he had) but also what's not often brought up is that Naminé never shows any sign of having feelings for Repliku beyond guilt. They barely interact (he has a more heartfelt goodbye to Sora, I don't think he even says goodbye to Naminé?) and she never brings him up again. Him being the one she wanted to see most in KH3 was a massive huh?! moment for me, it felt like it came out of nowhere, especially since the only characters she's ever expressed wanting to see before are Sora, Roxas and Kairi.

Terraqua is okay? Idk, I've never really gotten romantic vibes from them personally, I do have a soft spot for Zack/Aqua

Rokushi is a no, unpopular opinion I know, but I just don't care for Xion sorry.

Rokunami has been my otp since first playing KH2, and likely won't ever change even though it's not really popular these days. I'm not a fan of the Sokai connection though, and it's never made sense to me as a reason to ship them. They're totally different characters, make a connection under totally different circumstances and have a totally different dynamic to Sokai. I know they haven't interacted for years in real time, but I've always loved that Naminé was the only one to give Roxas what he really wanted, and he's the only one that Naminé has really opened up to. She's mostly delegated to dishing out exposition, but with Roxas she actually speaks about herself and her doubts which I found really compelling. Personally I'm not giving up on them reconnecting in future, they're still obviously thinking of each other, from Roxas carrying her pain, to data Naminé choosing Roxas as her sort of protector in Re:Coded, Roxas making his presence known and leaving Sora senseless upon seeing Naminé's window in KH3. I mean, even the secret reports state that Roxas and Naminé's memories of digital Twilight Town were key to bringing them back (even if it didn't quite happen in game aha) and for Naminé especially, her time in digital Twilight Town was all about Roxas.

Anyway aha, for OC/Disney ships, KH3 absolutely sold me on Sora/Rapunzel, my gosh the chemistry was oozing in that world. I was actually kind of disappointed when Flynn and Rapunzel still get together, and they're one of my fave Disney couples.

Rarepairs I don't mind are Ven/Naminé and Roxas/Hayner, and this thread has got me appreciating the potential of Aqua/Lea lol.

All that said, I'm a firm believer in shipping what you like for whatever reason. Ship wars are so stupid, it costs nothing to just move on when you see a ship you don't like. Same goes for people who twist canon to suit their ship though, or flat out reject it because even the possibility of a ship they don't like interacting is apparently too much to bear

Hedginka

Awards
Man, the idea of Namiku being a basic pairing is absurd to me. I remember when it was the underdog ship that a lot of people knew about, but few actually shipped and I was the outlier for loving it so much and rereading the few fanfics that existed. If I time travelled to the beginning of the last decade and told my younger self, “You’re gonna hate most of KH3’s story, but Namiku’s gonna gain an unexpected boost in popularity.” I wouldn’t have believed them, mostly because time travel is impossible and extremely irresponsible.

If Tetsuya could go ahead and validate all my other currently rare pairs, that’d be real nice.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Man, the idea of Namiku being a basic pairing is absurd to me. I remember when it was the underdog ship that a lot of people knew about, but few actually shipped and I was the outlier for loving it so much and rereading the few fanfics that existed. If I time travelled to the beginning of the last decade and told my younger self, “You’re gonna hate most of KH3’s story, but Namiku’s gonna gain an unexpected boost in popularity.” I wouldn’t have believed them, mostly because time travel is impossible and extremely irresponsible.

If Tetsuya could go ahead and validate all my other currently rare pairs, that’d be real nice.

Gotta throw Naminè to someone so she gets out of the way of other ships.

Also, Nomura screwed up with his intended message. He cleared it up, sure, but then Riku's reused merchandise of his Reverse/Rebirth Station has her in it. In fact, a lot of those stations don't make a slick of crap sense actually, cause they're just ripped off the game covers.

Riku Replica just isn't gonna get his credit of what he had done for her. Which is fine; the entire handling of it was questionable.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I never realized how divisive the Namine ships are with fans. Almost as much as with SoKai v. SoRiku, most posts I've seen here on the subject seem to be strongly for one ship and strongly against any/all other ships featuring her... Who knew. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other between Repliku/Namine or Roxas/Namine. I like them both. And while I don't ship Riku/Namine, I wouldn't hate it if it came to be canon the way I do SoKai.

Hedginka

Awards
Gotta throw Naminè to someone so she gets out of the way of other ships.

Also, Nomura screwed up with his intended message. He cleared it up, sure, but then Riku's reused merchandise of his Reverse/Rebirth Station has her in it. In fact, a lot of those stations don't make a slick of crap sense actually, cause they're just ripped off the game covers.

Riku Replica just isn't gonna get his credit of what he had done for her. Which is fine; the entire handling of it was questionable.

Reminds me of why I used to hate Riku/Xion. Now that was the most blatant example of, ‘pair the spares’ at the time, performing a rather blatant disservice to both involved. I’m sure there are people who legitimately ship it for entirely different and valid reasons and good for them, but they appeared as few and far between back then.

I did find it kinda funny that Riku apparently cares more about Mickey and Namine than Sora. That may be daft, but it’s the perfect shipping fuel for me, so I’mma take it.

And yeah, go figure how Tetsuya altered the one part of KH3’s finale that I liked. Oh well, too little too late now. He can’t go back and alter the 10,000 tumblr gifsets that were created.

palizinhas

Awards
But when will we talk about the greatest KH ship, Donald/Goofy?

This is mostly a joke, but DuckTales 2017 may or may not have made me ship it. The two of them bonding over their kids <3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm curious to see whether Melody of Memory will shift opinion on SoKai one way or the other.

I doubt it. I don’t think anything could ever change my own personally feelings on it unless it is further away from it and toward something like RiKai or something lol

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
and toward something like RiKai or something lol

God, please, no. I mean, in fandom, whatever, but in canon, I need Riku to be confirmed (proclaimed) as gay at some point. RiKai hints are my worst MoM nightmare. (lol) Gimme some gorgeous Riku/Kairi friendship to weep about.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Genuinely surprised Sokai won the poll myself. That ship was never that popular on Khinsider, lol
I'm curious to see whether Melody of Memory will shift opinion on SoKai one way or the other.
Depends on how its handled I guess. If it's anything like Re:MIND fans of Sokai should be pleased. While the fans who don't care for it probably aren't going to feel any differently

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
God, please, no. I mean, in fandom, whatever, but in canon, I need Riku to be confirmed (proclaimed) as gay at some point. RiKai hints are my worst MoM nightmare. (lol) Gimme some gorgeous Riku/Kairi friendship to weep about.

Agreed, but I meant like hypothetically if MoM was going to do anything, it would likely be that rather than solidifying SoKai as a ship I could like xD

But yes, I want friendship bonding for them. And yes, I agree that Riku should be confirmed gay. His journey is so relatable as somebody in the LGBTQ+ community. I definitely see a lot of myself in Riku in that regard, especially the jealousy and self-loathing early on and the way I overcame those emotions.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I can't sleep, so I want to make a case for the "both" vote (both SoKai and SoRiku):
The three of them are childhood friends and teenagers. Sora can have a first crush and then a stronger love story, growing up; awkwardly date one of them and it's hella cute and sweet, but in the end they break up for whatever reason, and then the other one is the endgame sweeping romance. I don't care who the endgame is; I just think that scenario would be nice (as a way to acknowledge queer romantic tension in canon and everything's okay T____T) Childhood/high-school sweethearts aren't forever but they are beautiful forever.

Agreed, but I meant like hypothetically if MoM was going to do anything, it would likely be that rather than solidifying SoKai as a ship I could like xD

No, I know... me too, I guess...

This being said, there is one piece of fanart that's finally managed to give me SoRiku levels of feels for the SoKai ship:

But yes, I want friendship bonding for them. And yes, I agree that Riku should be confirmed gay. His journey is so relatable as somebody in the LGBTQ+ community. I definitely see a lot of myself in Riku in that regard, especially the jealousy and self-loathing early on and the way I overcame those emotions.

Yes.

Last edited:
Back