• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
...oh. On my part at least I thought I was just debating my points, not having a heated argument. Sorry.

Trying to come up with Naminé/Hayner ship names and they're all t e r r i b l e :ROFLMAO:
Haynam? Namhay? Hayminé? Naminer? lol
Nayner.

I love Roxas, Xion, and Namine. Before KH2, my favourite character was Riku. Once I was introduced to that angry, emo kid... KH changed forever. Namine in CoM used to make me tear up. I actually played CoM before KH1, so Namine has this special place of being the first KH girl I ever saw. I remember playing KH1 and being disappointed that Namine wasn't somewhere in the game (I was young and didn't really grasp that Namine made up everything in CoM). And Xion is perf.

EDIT: I kinda wish that Roxas' trio was: Roxas/Xion/Namine :'(

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Anyways, I read a lot of Reader-Insert fanfictiion.
You- You can tell a lot about me by that.
//cries//

... Just remember that no matter how much you love the fic and the characters, you'll never be "(y/n)" :(

@Clue.Less Are you male, female or other? The majority of these fics are female reader .-.
Interesting.
Doesn't matter. Drop your favorite links :) This is for science. I wrote my fair share of Mary-Sue self-inserts when I was 14—I don't judge.

astertide

Awards
Interesting.
Doesn't matter. Drop your favorite links :) This is for science. I wrote my fair share of Mary-Sue self-inserts when I was 14—I don't judge.

The thing is, most of the self-inserts on Ao3 aren't fix-it fics. Most of them are romance-centric .-.

Are you sure?

.:Mega:.

Awards
Honestly... I just could never get into RokuNami. To me, it always felt like the narrative was pushing it because Nobody SoKai and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I mean no disrespect to RokuNami fans, of course. I'm sure there are other reasons people enjoy them. Maybe their onscreen chemistry and commonalities. It just never clicked with me, and since I already have a lot of hangups with how canon has handled SoKai it's just... a thing.

I fully admit, I have roadblocks with basically any Namine ship that isn't RepliNami because I'm a jaded Repliku stan who wishes he got a better ending in KH3. x_x Still ticked that basically everyone else got a happy ending except him when Even could've just made another replica body and that he didn't even get to talk to Namine again. So I just have really strong hangups 'cause one of my favs got the short end of the stick. Yet, weirdly, really out there crack pairings w/ Namine don't bother me? Like if someone shipped, say, Namine and Ienzo I'd be like "oh, huh. I'm curious how that'd work." ...assuming it's a fic that headcanons Ienzo to still be a teen, that is. I always saw him as around 16 - 17 as Zexion. Any older and mmmm, not my thing.

But lordy loo. The "Rikunami" scene in KH3 had me so frustrated because Repliku's fate felt really contrived to me. x_x

As for RokuShi- I think it's adorable. I think part of why it works for me and RokuNami doesn't is they had a whole year-ish to get to know each other, with really fun and sweet interactions (see: that's a stick), and I just got more emotionally invested in them and the seasalt trio as a whole. I absolutely do still think Namine and Roxas can be great friends, but I just have more personal fondness for RokuShi.

That said, both ships have a right to exist and are valid. Not everyone has to like the same things! Heck, RiKai is my fav KH ship of all time and I know it's one of the least popular. :p

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Okay, since everyone is talking about it, I guess it’s time to come clean on who I shipped Roxas with.

I like Roku████.

Sure, he’s Sora’s other half and she looks just like Kairi, but it’s beyond that for me. I like how when they first met, there was already some nascent and subtle connection there, not only because of how they were connected, but also they had some things in common.

I guess I also like how despite having a short time together (short being subjective here because for some a week is too long or short, while for others a year is too short or long), they suffered from similar pains, and went through it while hoping for something better despite the deepest darkness that they faced. They saw each other for what they are, and accepted that. Sure, what she’s done has hurt him a lot, but she was under duress, and even then, defied those above her and hoped that at least he would be happy, even if their thoughts on what happiness is differed.

If I had to poke a little fun at it, it’s amusing to see an angry emo kid and a cinnamon roll together. Not to mention their color schemes compliment each other’s.

Honestly though, at the end of the day, my reasons ranged from how when I was young I loved how they looked cute together, to how I contemplate on the subtleties of the human heart as an adult. There’s not much romance in it now (since Nomura can’t write a decent one, or probably never tried writing one at all), but still, I have hope that now that they’re together again, a little part of me that still ships them can’t help but smile in excitement. Hopefully, Nomura will still be able to use them, despite Roxas being sort of human now as a Replica and her finally having her suffering brought to an end and having a body of her own without adverse effects (whether that be returning to your origin by leeching off someone’s life or fading in and out of existence within proximity of your other self).

😙🎶

astertide

Awards
Choose one:
Vanitas x Naminé
Vanitas x Kairi
Vanitas x Xion
Vanitas x Repliku
Vanitas x Ventus
Vanitas x Roxas

Or does... does nobody care about my boi Vanitas

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
People acting like Kingdom Hearts is over and that Roxas and Naminè won't talk to each other again. Do I trust Nomura to do a romance right though? No. RokuNami might just be better off establishing more of their bond and friendship rather than have them be, as TV Tropes will call it, Strangled By The Red String.

Choose one:
Vanitas x Naminé
Vanitas x Kairi
Vanitas x Xion
Vanitas x Repliku
Vanitas x Ventus
Vanitas x Roxas

Or does... does nobody care about my boi Vanitas

Vanitas x Kairi.

Vanitas isn't shippable to me though. Maybe in fanon he is to others cause they can make him this bad boy Edgelord.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I normally prefer the gay ships in media, but the reason I actually don't want Sora/Riku to be a thing is because I like having guys shown as friendly like that and not be gay. Showing affection and friendship between two males in that manner is good to get people out of the mindset that guys will only act that way if they're gay. It can get rid of two stereotypes at once, so that's pretty much the only reason I don't want Sora/Riku together.

Vanitas x Namine would be great. The emo levels will be through the roof and I'm here for it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
...There are male friendships all across every form of media. How many gay relationships in a major animated film, video game, or anime have you seen? Because as a gay person who flocks to those things, I must've missed the train. If you don't like SoRiku or you prefer SoKai, you can absolutely just say that instead of saying something false like "We never see male characters be close together." We have several deep male friendships in KH alone (Sora-Riku, Axel-Roxas, Riku-Mickey, SDG, not even going into the Disney universe with MDG, Aladdin-Genie, etc.) Meanwhile, female characters are still working hard to clear the bar of merely having conversations with each other that don't revolve around a male character.

As for Vanitas, I've never cared about that character. Although Vanitas / Repliku is an interesting idea like I said when it was brought up some pages back.

Last edited:

Rainclouds

Awards
Only interest in straight pairings for me is Larx/Marly. They cool.
Apart from that it's all rainbows and gays galore.

Zexion/Demyx for me.

palizinhas

Awards
It would never happen, but I just had the thought of a MoM cutscene having one of Ansem's other apprentices or Ansem himself casually refer to Demyx as being Ienzo's boyfriend. Make it happen.

I do find it hilarious that a ship that started as a 69 joke is probably the best Org member/Org member ship.

Hedginka

Awards
I’ve a soft spot for Vanitas/Namine. The cutest, most innocent girl and Satan. Sounds extremely enjoyable to me. I still remember when MMD art of them was being churned out pretty regularly.

May-Jor

Awards
...There are male friendships all across every form of media. How many gay relationships in a major animated film, video game, or anime have you seen? Because as a gay person who flocks to those things, I must've missed the train. If you don't like SoRiku or you prefer SoKai, you can absolutely just say that instead of saying something false like "We never see male characters be close together." We have several deep male friendships in KH alone (Sora-Riku, Axel-Roxas, Riku-Mickey, SDG, not even going into the Disney universe with MDG, Aladdin-Genie, etc.) Meanwhile, female characters are still working hard to clear the bar of merely having conversations with each other that don't revolve around a male character.

Agreed. I get the sentiment, but the argument that "there should be more affectionate males who aren't gay in fiction" doesn't hold any water when "close male friends who aren't gay" has always been the status quo and still is.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Honestly, I just don't get shipping wars.

Maybe it's because my fav ship never stood a chance, but it's always so weird to me how intensely people will argue their fav ship's superiority.

SoRiku, SoKai, RiKai, RikuRoku, etc, can all coexist independent of what the source material does. That's the joy of fanworks. I do wish KH would have some canon LGBT stuff, though. Really just sighing at Subject X. She felt like a big "no homo" stamp on LeaIsa. ._.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe it's because my fav ship never stood a chance, but it's always so weird to me how intensely people will argue their fav ship's superiority.

From my end, it feels more of people trying to bring down a ship or dismiss it with bs that needs to be defended more than anything.

-------

Nonetheless, it seems we have passed the Naminè Roxas ships. What else does Oracle have in store I wonder. I do believe we've passed all main ships.

Back