• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Yeah, this week has been intense. Not as much as I expected, but still intense. I’m glad it’s almost over. By the way, since Spock said late submissions were permissible anyway… and in accordance to this week’s topic…

Whenever I hear this, it always made me think of the ship I liked concerning Roxas and ██████.

.:Mega:.

Awards
From my end, it feels more of people trying to bring down a ship or dismiss it with bs that needs to be defended more than anything.

-------

Nonetheless, it seems we have passed the Naminè Roxas ships. What else does Oracle have in store I wonder. I do believe we've passed all main ships.

Oh, I think that goes hand in hand.

Cannot TELL you how many times I've had SoKai, SoRiku, and SoRiKai people get on my case because I happen to find RiKai to be a comfort ship. ._. A lot of "it's not canon!" And "well, ACTUALLY, Riku doesn't really care about Kairi. He was just using her to get Sora's attention!" and "but why can't you include Sora in the ship, too?"

I do like SoRiKai. But I want to write RiKai. RiKai does not have much fic, let alone multichapter fic. xP

It also gets annoying when people attack RepliNami shippers because "but brainwashing" as if they couldn't form a healthy and adorable dynamic beyond that point. In canon? Obviously not since my boy got axed, but in fanworks... Lotta potential.

I think what people need to understand is... you literally do not need to shit on other ships to justify enjoying your OTP. It's just fictional characters kissing. xP People are allowed to have different tastes. This is a general thing, btw. Not trying to single people out. Just a general frustration w/ fandom shipping.

Last edited:

pastel.goblin

Awards
I find it frustrating when people purposely misinterpret things to argue a ship is canon, or just flat out assume their headcanon is truth. For example I've got no real issue with Rikunami as a concept even if I don't ship it, it's just the people I see everywhere stubbornly saying it's canon when it's not (not talking about anyone here btw).

A lot of kh spaces online will get on your case if you don't ship the "accepted" sokai, rikunami and rokushi which just gets tiring. Like you can't post a rokunami pic on social media without half a dozen unwarranted "nO iT's XION aNd RoXaS :mad:" Like, no one asked. I feel really bad for the artists in those cases, it costs literally nothing to keep scrolling when you see something you don't like.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh, I think that goes hand in hand.

Cannot TELL you how many times I've had SoKai, SoRiku, and SoRiKai people get on my case because I happen to find RiKai to be a comfort ship. ._. A lot of "it's not canon!" And "well, ACTUALLY, Riku doesn't really care about Kairi. He was just using her to get Sora's attention!" and "but why can't you include Sora in the ship, too?"

I do like SoRiKai. But I want to write RiKai. RiKai does not have much fic, let alone multichapter fic. xP

It also gets annoying when people attack RepliNami shippers because "but brainwashing" as if they couldn't form a healthy and adorable dynamic beyond that point. In canon? Obviously not since my boy got axed, but in fanworks... Lotta potential.

I think what people need to understand is... you literally do not need to shit on other ships to justify enjoying your OTP. It's just fictional characters kissing. xP People are allowed to have different tastes. This is a general thing, btw. Not trying to single people out. Just a general frustration w/ fandom shipping.

I do think Repliku and Naminè are problematic and I've expressed that here quite a bit. I feel they didn't have that build and background to have this entire aspect of them that happened in KHIII make sense either. Nonetheless, with Repliku gone, there's not much point in dissecting it further, so I digress. I've seen others like RepliNami and overall that's what they like. That's that.

Riku/Kairi I feel would have been a great ship and I prefer it over Sora and Kairi if I were to pick. I mean, I obviously knew where it was going since KHI, but I think RiKai had potential...that was squandered, almost to the point of insult. Still like their dynamic better. It is what it is though.

I find it frustrating when people purposely misinterpret things to argue a ship is canon, or just flat out assume their headcanon is truth. For example I've got no real issue with Rikunami as a concept even if I don't ship it, it's just the people I see everywhere stubbornly saying it's canon when it's not (not talking about anyone here btw).

A lot of kh spaces online will get on your case if you don't ship the "accepted" sokai, rikunami and rokushi which just gets tiring. Like you can't post a rokunami pic on social media without half a dozen unwarranted "nO iT's XION aNd RoXaS :mad:" Like, no one asked. I feel really bad for the artists in those cases, it costs literally nothing to keep scrolling when you see something you don't like.

Oh, those RokuShi shippers, the obnoxious, near delusional vocal ones who ship RikuNami in tandem, so you'll see they are the same folks. If they're going to purposefully ignore what's being said or done in front of their face, that's no one's problem but theirs.

Also, to get that triggered over anything RokuNami just screams uncertainty and insecurity instead, as if screaming it all over the place that those ships are "canon" and having other fans fall into that pit would make it real. They expose themselves by just that to me. Deep inside, they be scared, so they rather not acknowledge anything that goes against their reality.

The only ship near canon, and/or is canon in a specific romantic way, is Sora/Kairi.

astertide

Awards
As someone who ships Roxas x Xion x Riku x Naminé, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
As someone who ships Roxas x Xion x Riku x Naminé, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Depends on the type of shipper you are.

Pretty sure pastel.goblin and I are talking about a certain section of them that are...well.

pastel.goblin

Awards
To clarify, I'm talking about the vocal minority who go out of their way to rag on a ship/promote their own on posts/art for the ship they don't like. It's obviously not limited to rokushi/rikunami fans, they're just who I see most often since rokunami is my main kh ship aha.

astertide

Awards
Ah. I normally stick to the quieter parts of the fandom *coughs* fanfiction
I don't actually go on forums, subreddits, discord servers all that much really so I'm just kinda... "what? It's just a ship, not a big deal" right now.

Awards
My thing with RepliNami is that I think it could easily become something healthy and wholesome under different circumstances. The fact that she rewrote his memories isn't great, but at the end of Sora's story he still resolves to keep that promise, and I think he would've kept in touch with her if Axel hadn't coerced him into going after Zexion and eventually fighting Riku.

The two have a lot of commonality- both in the shadow of someone else. Both used and manipulated by the Organization. Both wanting to matter to someone and be valued as their own people. There's definitely an inherent tragedy and I do agree that he and Namine didn't really get time to form a bond outside of being puppets for the Org. But I'd also argue they could become close.

But honestly, I don't really care that much about ships in canon because the way I see it, canon doesn't matter in terms of what you ship. I'm more invested in fan content when it comes to shipping, since there's more freedom for interesting scenarios and interactions.

How canon a ship is... idk. I feel like when that's used in arguments it can just bring people down. Either in the case of people asserting their ship's superiority or being attacked.

I will say- toxic shippers exist for EVERYTHING. One of my friends got attacked by this person on FFN for not having RokuNami in their fic. I think people get way too controlling and expect Their pairings to be represented everywhere. :p

I'm still hiding in my bunker waiting for the eventual reactions to an, uh... interesting ship in my fic that could never happen in canon 'cause it involves a Bravely Default character and Nomura probably wouldn't bring non-FF Square properties he didn't work on in the series.

May-Jor

Awards
IMO this fandom is one of the least toxic when it comes to shipping. While there certainly is a bunch of people who'll dogpile on people who ship something "problematic", I've seen this done at a much worse scale (and with little to no validity)
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, and even to the point of attempted murder
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think it's not too bad with KH because let's be real, this is a slightly niche fandom compared to others. Also the game itself doesn't really do much to fuel shipping in canon, if anything it does the opposite. And I guess it also helps that the devs are in Japan. Something about creative teams being accessible with no language barrier on social media emboldens fans to harass them.

Awards
Eh, I'd argue it's still pretty bad. There is a LOT of ship toxicity on social media. Especially the SoKai vs SoRiku ship war.

And people trying to lie about the Ultimania for KH3 to sink Terraqua shippers and shame them. Every fandom has ship drama, but I do agree that UT and Voltron have had it preeeetty bad. Not disputing that.

But I've been in the fandom since like 2006, so I've seen a LOT of gnarly stuff in ship discourse.

May-Jor

Awards
Eh, I'd argue it's still pretty bad. There is a LOT of ship toxicity on social media. Especially the SoKai vs SoRiku ship war.

And people trying to lie about the Ultimania for KH3 to sink Terraqua shippers and shame them. Every fandom has ship drama, but I do agree that UT and Voltron have had it preeeetty bad. Not disputing that.

But I've been in the fandom since like 2006, so I've seen a LOT of gnarly stuff in ship discourse.

The type of discourse KH has is to be expected from most decently sized fandoms. I can't think of any fandom that doesn't have "my ship is better than yours", or hate for a specific character who gets in the way of a ship being flung everywhere. Yeah, it's very dumb, but thank god people aren't getting hurt over fictional characters. If you get involved with shipping, it's almost inevitable that people are going to try to butt heads with you. At that point, blocking is your friend.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Which ship do people think, objectively, will be canon based on meta, interviews, and what's shown in game instead of the one they like?
That's the saddest topic :( All I can think of objectively is "HAHA you'll never get queer representation in our games, kids, deal with it."

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
That's the saddest topic :( All I can think of is "HAHA you'll never get queer representation in our games, kids, deal with it."

It's a way for people to take off their biased glasses and use quotes, implication, in-game build up to a specific goal, words from the director, official art, etc. throughout the spectrum.

I don't think it's sad. It's pretty clear SoKai has been and is the romantic intention of the series. Objectively. I'm aiming to see things outside of SRK because their dynamics have been discussed to death.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I can think of a few non-SoRiku pairings that are alright that feature Sora. Maybe we could discuss ships involving the Wayfinder Trio... Does anyone go hardcore for a ship involving one (or more) of those characters? They don't get discussed as often.

Back