• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Sign's character is the only Union X player I acknowledge. She is the true lore player as they are documented on here.

That and Everglow for me. Both really give good translations, certainly a lot better than the official team… “lifeboat” “special attack bonus” pfft…

The boy thing lol

Ah well that. That couldn’t be helped. Nomura (and Kanemaki) made it that way so…meh…

Honestly, I don’t mind if the player is a boy, it couldn’t be helped since that’s what the “voice from the heavens” want. What I really want is a name already! I refuse to acknowledge a hero whose name is “Weed4lyfe_420” or “GamerGirlBathwater69”.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
At the time of Union X, aren't Strelitzia and Ventus the same age, though? Or, at least closer in ages than with the Player character?
Well, they’re not yet teenagers, we know that much. Ven looks 16, so if you remove at least the four years when he was surrendered to Eraqus…yes, they definitely weren’t teens yet. Maybe 9? I read somewhere that wielders **cough**childsoldiers**cough** could be as young as 4, but I don’t remember where…

LoneFox

Awards
At the time of Union X, aren't Strelitzia and Ventus the same age, though? Or, at least closer in ages than with the Player character?
Ven was 12 at the time Vanitas was created, which seems to be at most a couple of months in his future from where the UX story currently is (of course it is many centuries in real world time), and 16 during the main events of BBS. We don't know Strelitzia's age, but if we assume that Lauriam is about 17 and age gap between the siblings is the typical 2-3 years, then she would be 14 or 15.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I'd probably put UX Ven at 12 (though for some reason people think he's 10, not sure where that came from).

Lauriam's sprite was made significantly taller than all of the other Dandelions, so my headcanon is that he's 4 years older than Strelitzia, like Terra is to Ven.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Yeah Ven was definitely that young. At least that’s one thing. You can’t exactly charge a 9-12 year old with involuntary homicide or being an accessory to a crime and throw them into keykid juvie, right?

But I wonder where the idea of StrelVen came from. Just because they’re the same age?

Somnus cealum

Awards
for me it would be sora/kairi, the been through alot and its been teased in kh, i just think it would happen. i do like roxas/xion, and i hope its true. riku/namine is a ship i hope that would be true. ventus/vanitas is kinda cute lol. and aqua/terra would be great.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
There's also an Official Shipping thread in the Future of Kingdom Hearts section for these discussions:

Somnus cealum

Awards
There's also an Official Shipping thread in the Future of Kingdom Hearts section for these discussions:
oh im sorry.

MY fave ships are sora/kairi, they been through alot and tbh its been teased thru kh. roxas/xion is cute and hope for it. aqua/terra is another one i like. riku/namine is a great one i like. ventus/vanitas is cute and i could see it happening. and axel/isa. im not trying to bash sora/riku when i say this but tbh i think there relationship are like brothers, they dont look like they could be a couple, its a cute ship but if ur looking in the kh universe, sora and kairi looks more to happen.

kohrin

my favorite ships are soriku, terraqua (mainly cause they're like ventus's parents lol), akusai (purely for the hilarious soon to be divorced vibes i got from them in days coupled with the fact that they're best friends already), and... rokushi? i think they're cute but i don't mind them as friends. kairi x olette's real cute, too, but as far as i remember they don't interact as much.

i love the friendships between trios, especially the sea salt trio! so cute. the destiny trio (sora, riku, and kairi) i love as a concept but despite constantly stating they're best friends, they're never seen together...? hanging out as friends...? like, yeah, they're seen together but man, i want more moments of them as best friends since it's stated they're so close! then again, i still have 2 more of the main 6 games to get through, so we'll see. overall, the wayfinder trio (ventus, terra, and aqua) have the best friendship moments to me. i just love them so much haha

i also love axel and kairi as a friendship, too. my man axel is just going around adopting every kid he sees and i love it

i'm a big fan of soriku - something about those mutually pining sun and moon dynamics gets to me lol. i will give credit where credit is due, though - sora x kairi is plenty cute, however in canon the writing just isn't great. kingdom hearts just fucks over kairi as a whole so any ship with her is criminally underdeveloped.

i like axel and isa a lot - in days it was just funny to me to ship them but we learn later that they were already close friends, so more power to them. and rokushi is pretty cute. bland but cute. i love xion and roxas is a sweetheart, so they're good for each other.

Somnus cealum

Awards
i'm a big fan of soriku - something about those mutually pining sun and moon dynamics gets to me lol. i will give credit where credit is due, though - sora x kairi is plenty cute, however in canon the writing just isn't great. kingdom hearts just fucks over kairi as a whole so any ship with her is criminally underdeveloped.

i like axel and isa a lot - in days it was just funny to me to ship them but we learn later that they were already close friends, so more power to them. and rokushi is pretty cute. bland but cute. i love xion and roxas is a sweetheart, so they're good for each other.
well we just have to see in kh4 or the next kh game who soras sweet heart is. but i been shiping sokai since the beging and i hope kairi gets more spotlight in the next kh game

kohrin

well we just have to see in kh4 or the next kh game who soras sweet heart is. but i been shiping sokai since the beging and i hope kairi gets more spotlight in the next kh game
i'm honestly betting on sokai being canon after all this. they may not be as developed but they've been pushing this ship since kh1. though in my opinion kh excels in botching up their main romances while accidentally making other relationships more developed than what their main couple is.

i don't mind either, though.

Somnus cealum

Awards
i'm honestly betting on sokai being canon after all this. they may not be as developed but they've been pushing this ship since kh1. though in my opinion kh excels in botching up their main romances while accidentally making other relationships more developed than what their main couple is.

i don't mind either, though.
well its been teased some in kh but i hope it evolves better and my hope its canon. i loved the updated remind ending where sora and kairi was helping out in secret. it was cute. tbh soku is cute but sadly i dont see it happening. to me there relationship is like brothers. but isa and axel does look like it could happen lol. i hope rikunami works out maybe and roxion

Ven was 12 at the time Vanitas was created, which seems to be at most a couple of months in his future from where the UX story currently is (of course it is many centuries in real world time), and 16 during the main events of BBS. We don't know Strelitzia's age, but if we assume that Lauriam is about 17 and age gap between the siblings is the typical 2-3 years, then she would be 14 or 15.
ventus was too young to date.

LBJENmariposa

well, I know at least three 13-year-old girls that are dating each other lol

What do you guys all think of the more interesting ships, of people who don't really interact with each other?
(e.g. Vanitas x Naminé, Vanitas x Kairi, Ventus x Naminé, Isa x Terra)
idk I've seen all of these before in fanfics and stuff, just curious to see what y'all think
I think Vanitas x Roxas x Kairi would be interesting

kohrin

ehh he's like... 16. i knew people who were dating at 12. romantic relationships are fine at any age, really - are they preferable? no. i can't imagine how a relationship between two eight-year-olds would end well because they're likely to break up over some spilled apple juice or something. but relationships at a young age help you discover and learn relationships in general, which is why you see two third graders bragging about how they're "dating someone".

as long as there isn't some weird age gap, it's fine, really

LBJENmariposa

i can't imagine how a relationship between two eight-year-olds would end well because they're likely to break up over some spilled apple juice or something.
Not just that, would a relationship between two eight-year-olds be likely to be a real relationship? Do 8-yr-olds even know what love is??

Awards
I know Nomura explained Naminè's look in an interview once, and it had nothing to do with Ven. He didn't even add her in while he explained why Roxas looks like him. Of course, coud be retconned, but until then it's just for aesthetics coughavacough. Naminè herself is a very special case. And while Sora helped her be able to exist, she's not constructed or is a piece of any part of him like Roxas and Xion. She doesn't have a part of Kairi either. She's just a Kairi ghost that gained physicality. I sometimes wondered if she ever really had a body.

View attachment 12983

Xion is a replica/clone of Roxas and Sora like Riku Replica is a replica/clone of Riku. Her appearance doesn't change the actual biology of her existence. It's just a matter of how one takes being created out of a sample of a guy's memories and crystallizing due to the nature upon losing those memories. Xion took the form of a KHI Kairi because Sora's strongest memory was of Kairi.

If anything, I feel the perception of the characters, like Roxas seeing Sora's face on her in the end as she was becoming complete, or Axel describing her as the replica of Roxas whose the Nobody of the Keyblade hero in his reports (journals), of Xion stating she loves both Axel and Roxas without in any way differentiating those feelings between one and the other, and Xion's perception of themselves and each other -

"Roxas, don't be sad. I came from you and Sora. I am you...the same way that I am Sora..."

Is what should be discussed.

Yes, but Roxas and Namine were born at the same time, from the same action, involving the same 2 people. Moreover, according to AtW's reports, both of them were derived from Sora's body and soul. It's similar to how a single zygote splits to produce identical twins. Though in reality, identical twins are always the same sex because, again, they originate from the same zygote. I don't know what in the ever-loving fuck was left of Kairi to give to Namine, but whatever it was made Sora's make body appear female.

Sure hope replica bodies don't have real DNA, or are infertile at the very least.

Roxas x Xion; Roxas x Namine

self-cest or incest?

Pick your poison, people. No judgments.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, but Roxas and Namine were born at the same time, from the same action, involving the same 2 people. Moreover, according to AtW's reports, both of them were derived from Sora's body and soul. It's similar to how a single zygote splits to produce identical twins. Though in reality, identical twins are always the same sex because, again, they originate from the same zygote. I don't know what in the ever-loving fuck was left of Kairi to give to Namine, but whatever it was made Sora's make body appear female.

Sure hope replica bodies don't have real DNA, or are infertile at the very least.

Except Naminè was born out of Kairi and her Heart. Kairi herself had nothing to provide or give to Roxas, so therefore your biological theory has no ground whatsoever. And neither is it canon. Roxas wasn't created of Sora and Kairi at all, neither were any zygotes split, so they can't be twins. Roxas is accumulation of Sora's discarded body, birthed from his heart, with Ventus' influence deciding how he would look like. Nothing was derived from Kairi.

Naminè is basically Kairi's shadow, a ghost if you will, of herself. Sora being present merely gave her the chance to physically exist in the plane they are in, but she did not gain or was given any part of Sora. She has nothing to return to him, she has nothing that belongs to him, and thus, 100% fully returned to Kairi...because she's Kairi, putting aside the metaphysical aspect of agency. It's why she's never been referred to as anything more than Kairi's Nobody, officially and in-game. And why she and Sora were able to coexist. Touching Kairi had Naminè start to blur and dissipate in KHII when they were running away together for example.

So you can say, metaphorically, that they were created at the same time because of the one incident, but they are not at all biologically related and are two separate existences with separate components. What you stated would cause inconsistencies to the canon and will need explanations as to why Naminè was not at all necessary to wake Sora up or had her Heart divided between the two if you really think she was both of them. As was Roxas. Don't know what your attempt was for this.

Perception is what matters here to me rather than that anyway. From what I've gathered in 358/2 Days, I did not view Roxas and Xion as romantic. Their actions towards each other are no different than what the other gang of friends do. Xion says she loves both Axel and Roxas on her private journal, without at all thinking those feelings as conflicting. Then once she herself said she's Roxas and Sora, either she must have a twisted point of view of wanting someone romantically/sexually, or that defines how she sees her other self. And this matters because that's how she determines what their bond is. Doesn't help that nothing occurred in KHIII...and if anything would have, it should have been there to be established, considering how hard they pushed SoKai.

Even Terra and Aqua had a more touching, personal moment during the Eraqus and Xehanort scene, although I haven't made up my mind about them objectively speaking. They can go either way.

I like the concept and potential of Roxas/Naminè because they fulfill what the other lacks. Roxas is full of confidence, individuality, self-worth, and fought against what everyone thought he should do until he had nothing left to make him stay. Naminè is the opposite. While she's made great progress since CoM thanks to Sora's kindness, the isolation and verbal abuse she endured for basically her entire life had her become a pushover. She gained a spine, but unlike Roxas, she fully accepted her fate and that she was a creature that was never supposed to exist.

Nonetheless, she provides that intuitive, calm behavior and demeanor that has Roxas actually shut the fuck up and listen...because she listened to him as a person first, as an equal, instead of one to be coddled. He saw that and depended on her in the tutorial. She achieved what his friends failed to provide and that was the truth. It didn't matter what the consequences were. He had the right to understand things about himself and make his decision. It's crazy that he got that from someone who he didn't spend much time with yet left an impact nonetheless.

There needs to be more to conclude what it is they are to do with their specific relationship, yet that's something that'll be answered in the future once they get to physically interact again instead of Roxas being spurred emotionally by having him gaze at her mansion from within Sora in KHIII 😒.

She should have reunited with him or Kairi or both. Kairi particularly would have provided a level of depth for the two females that has nothing to do with penises ala Elsa and Anna. Disney has actual competent writers on staff though.

Hell, when I think about it, Kairi and Naminè even visually take after them.

EDIT: If you want me to play your inaccurate game, however, my "poison" will be RokuNami (if done right down the line). But it's not a poison. So.

It's hard to ship anything in KH honestly. Sora and Kairi are the only ones canonly, romantically viable and set up to be that way, but I'm just...not interested or invested :/. Roxas and Naminè are in limbo, and Terra and Aqua needs a bit more to convince me on what side they're aiming to be.

Gula and Ava are mighty fascinating to me.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
I really hope the next KH game can give me a dude to ship Terra with. Grown up Lauriam could be interesting as they have some very interesting parallels (Xemnas and Marluxia are both big baddies, both have a summon that is linked to a character close to them (in marluxias's case it's hinted to be his Sister, in Ansem's case it's Terra himself), and I see Ven as Terra's young brother who also has a connection to Stretlitzia).

My otp is SoRiku, and I also appreciate Sokai and TerrAqua, as well as SoRiKai. Roxas and Riku are also a underrated ship with a lot of potential, considering they could explore Riku's being left behind as Sora picks Kairi and there's also, well, the whole unresolved conflict between them, lol.

As for crackships, I like the idea of Repliku and Vanitas because of some cool fanart I've seen.

I also support Naminé x Getting The Love and Attention she deserves in canon. Currently rooting for that theory that she is linked to Ava just so she can get her own development and personal arc.

Friendship-wise, I really want to see more of Roxas x Hayner, Pence and Olette (I'm also a sucker for RoxasxHayner, tbh) and Roxas and Ven. I feel like those two complete each other perfectly as Roxas was forced to mature earlier and would be there to protect and push Ven, while Ven would remind Roxas to relax and take it easy.

I'm also a MAJOR sucker for more interactions between Riku, Aqua, Terra and Mickey. They're the current generation' Keyblade Masters and I would just love to see them interact with each other and talk about their personal struggles. (also, Aqua deserves a proper apology, Disney Rat.)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
well, I know at least three 13-year-old girls that are dating each other lol

What do you guys all think of the more interesting ships, of people who don't really interact with each other?
(e.g. Vanitas x Naminé, Vanitas x Kairi, Ventus x Naminé, Isa x Terra)
Hmmm. Interesting... They're both reserved and driven by emotions (although Terra's a dunce). I can't quite imagine it though.

Repliku x Vanitas, now I'd like to see that. It's funny because it would be like an evil twist version of SoRiku, lmao.

Back