• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Now that intrigues the hell out of me as a nursing student. I never considered chromosomal disorders, nor did I know that some sperm have two chromosomes.
I cannot believe I'm talking about reproduction in a Disney video game forum...

Yes, some sperm have double chromosomes, or duds, and usually the resulting child themselves will have chromosomal defects. Eggs will always have an X-chromosome, so I've read, because a chromosome-less egg simply isn't viable, but I could be wrong and they discovered something new. Some sex chromosome defects include

XO - Turner syndrome, has the appearance and body of a female, infertile.
XXX - trisomy, female, abnormal physical development, mental underdevelopment, emotional underdevelopment, fertile.
XXY- Klinefelter syndrome, underdeveloped sex organs, small testes, androgynous to feminine in appearance, male, infertile.
XYY - quite possibly the most normal, increased physical development, learning difficulties, not more aggressive than normal males, VERY fertile.

There's more, but listing them all down would take a lot of work.

Since they came from the same oocyte, true opposite sex identical twins are incredibly rare, much more those who are normal and healthy. The exception is "Polar twins," in which a single egg divides in two, and then is fertilized by two different sperm, but I don't think they can be called identical out of technicality. They share the same blueprint by half, at least.

Oh my lord above, we’re still talking about this. One day, Jesus Christ will descend from the heavens and the first thing he’ll be asked is, “Do you think Roxas/Namine & Roxas/Xion are incestuous?”

How do you think I feel? I brought it up to emphasize the semantics, but it's getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

pastel.goblin

Awards
I don't believe riku doesn't care about kairi. she is his friend, he cares about her, he wants to keep her safe. she is as dear as sora is. people often dismiss that in favor of soriku which bugs me a lot. riku can simultaneously care about two people, he doesn't need to chant their name every two secs to cement that for the viewers. you can ship soriku while also acknowledging he has other people he cares about. he didn't give in to ansem's temptations because of sora, but more because he feared he would lose someone's important to him if he didn't. he didn't want to antagonize sora, who is also dear to him, he thought there was no other choice as sora was trying to stop him. kairi is more than a catalyst for soriku :/. all that being said, I can't see riku in a romantic relationship with anyone. he doesn't seem interested in romance.
Oh he for sure cared about her, my point was just that I don't think he had romantic feelings for her in KH1. The friendship just feels like it's lessened though, they didn't even really talk to each other in KH3. I'm hoping MoM will have them bonding again~ I totally agree though, people throwing Kairi under the bus to push soriku irks me too. Like I said earlier in the thread, when it comes to Sora ships I don't really mind either, though Sokai is obviously the intention in canon, they both have merits even if they don't appeal to me as much as others.

Hedginka

Awards
If we’re talking about Riku and Kairi’s connection, now feels like a good time to say I’ve always felt their reunion in KH2 carried more weight than Sora and Kairi’s. When Kairi unveils his hood, her words have vastly more emotional delivery behind them and I’m eternally grateful for that moment. Their following few moments in KH2 are also great, but that one in particular sticks out to me.

As for their friendship in KH3; that game doesn’t count, because its character writing is trash. The end.

gulava

Awards
Oh he for sure cared about her, my point was just that I don't think he had romantic feelings for her in KH1. The friendship just feels like it's lessened though, they didn't even really talk to each other in KH3. I'm hoping MoM will have them bonding again~ I totally agree though, people throwing Kairi under the bus to push soriku irks me too. Like I said earlier in the thread, when it comes to Sora ships I don't really mind either, though Sokai is obviously the intention in canon, they both have merits even if they don't appeal to me as much as others.

They did interact twice in kh3, albeit off screen... for some reason. their lack of interactions in kh3 doesn't bother me as much as people assuming these two can't stand each other for not interacting in one game lol. it's funny as we saw her joke around with riku in 0.2 and riku's "a good friend sees you for who you are, no matter what face you wear" line in DDD which is clearly about kairi, yet, people feel the need to pit them against each other. I wish people would stop omitting their friendship or twist it to fit their narrative.
I can't really call myself a sokai fan, but they did grow on me and their hug in remind was so sweet.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
If we’re talking about Riku and Kairi’s connection, now feels like a good time to say I’ve always felt their reunion in KH2 carried more weight than Sora and Kairi’s. When Kairi unveils his hood, her words have vastly more emotional delivery behind them and I’m eternally grateful for that moment. Their following few moments in KH2 are also great, but that one in particular sticks out to me.

As for their friendship in KH3; that game doesn’t count,
Yes!!!!!

because its character writing is trash. The end.
No XD

It wasn't the best, but it wasn't trash.

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
They did interact twice in kh3, albeit off screen... for some reason. their lack of interactions in kh3 doesn't bother me as much as people assuming these two can't stand each other for not interacting in one game lol. it's funny as we saw her joke around with riku in 0.2 and riku's "a good friend sees you for who you are, no matter what face you wear" line in DDD which is clearly about kairi, yet, people feel the need to pit them against each other. I wish people would stop omitting their friendship or twist it to fit their narrative.
I can't really call myself a sokai fan, but they did grow on me and their hug in remind was so sweet.

Absolutely. Also, the scene in KH2 when Axel wants to kidnap Kairi and Kairi hears a whistle and finds a portal waiting for her so she can escape.... RIKU! 😭

Hit me up with the deets 🥳
Done!

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh, none of this was my idea besides the twin analogy. I only said that to help visualize/make sense of a body and soul splitting in two. The rest comes from Secret Ansem Report 10:

Naminé emerged as Kairi's Nobody...but the body and soul necessary to exist as a Nobody belonged to Sora.

Granted, I may have interpreted it too literally. Maybe it meant that Namine's body and sould should have come from Sora, but just... didn't. Being wrong sucks a bit, but it's not so bad if the truth makes more sense in this godforsaken mess of a narrative.

I do have my own ship preferences, but I try not to pay them much mind. To me, ship teasing is used primarily as a marketing plow to get people more invested than they ought be in a given property. The more time and energy you invest into a series, the less likely you are to drop it. Nothing becomes canon until the very end, when said series has been milked dry. Just look at Miraculous Ladybug. Its romantic, ship-teasing subplot is the only reason anyone watches it.... and I'm one of them unfortunately.

I ship.... polyamory. Polyamory is the answer to every ship war. That's my (cop-out) answer and I'm sticking to it.

That's why my post was (meant to be) devoid of ship bias. The most I do is joke around or present objective canon material. "Call a spade a spade" and whatnot. Thanks to you though, I learned that some of that stuff wasn't as objective as I thought.

So, thank you.

No problem. It inspired a thread on this topic, which you can go and read if interested. That conversation was pretty much moved there.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Thank you, I wish more people would acknowledge their friendship, when it is on display. I'm always happy for more, but we can't just ignore it when it does happen. I kind of hope we'll get to see more of their dynamic in Melody of Memories.

Hedginka

Awards
When I was fresh into the KH fanbase, I actually used to ship Riku/Kairi. Still do to an extent, but not as much as I used to. I was never into Sora and Kairi’s romance, so shipping her with Riku (who was always my favourite character) was like an act of hipster teen rebellion on my end. I still think it’s vastly more interesting and carries tons of potential for drama/angst and character growth in general. Plus I just like the trope of the heroin winding up with the guy you don’t expect her to get with.

Also, the second syllable of Kairi’s name is the same as the first syllable of Riku’s. So the ship name practically creates itself.

Also also, they’d make hotter offspring. Let’s just be honest.

palizinhas

Awards
I got into Riku/Kairi as a kid solely based off the fact that I played KH1, SRK were the only characters relevant enough to be shipped, and I thought Sora's voice was annoying. But as I grew older and played the other games I've come to appreciate their dynamic by itself. Both KH1 and KH2 have very strong moments between them, and I got widely happy to see them share screentime in 0.2.

I don't really dislike either Sokai or Soriku now, I enjoy them both well enough in canon, but the fandom wars really tired me out when it comes to these ships. And so Rikai reigns supreme once again.

Noivern

Awards
Eh, I don't think anyone here in the last pages has belittled Kairi and Riku's friendship, it was just pointed out that they didn't feel like Riku had a romantic interest in her/was meant to have one compared to Sora and Kairi, and that his friendship with Sora (and whatever else you choose to see in that) is more relevant to his overall arc.

I love their friendship (in the few moments we get of those two interacting, that is) and I never felt like Riku did not care for Kairi.

But ehhh, I'm biased. I'm a sucker for SoKaiRiku.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Eh, I don't think anyone here in the last pages has belittled Kairi and Riku's friendship, it was just pointed out that they didn't feel like Riku had a romantic interest in her/was meant to have one compared to Sora and Kairi, and that his friendship with Sora (and whatever else you choose to see in that) is more relevant to his overall arc.

I love their friendship (in the few moments we get of those two interacting, that is) and I never felt like Riku did not care for Kairi.

But ehhh, I'm biased. I'm a sucker for SoKaiRiku.
Most of the belittling I've seen has been outside of this thread, though half the time I'm not sure, if it's actual belittling or just people beating a dead horse as a joke. Fact is as fun as their dynamic is, they rarely get to interact. Though the lacking of interaction is most likely largely because they chose to sideline Kairi hard between 2 and 3.

I'm really looking forward to MoM potentially giving us more interaction between these two, but I'm also trying to not get my hopes up too much.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I always liked Sora x Namine. Rest assured, it’s less of a ‘golly I sure do hope it becomes canon or I’m gonna be awful sore!’ and more ‘I just think they’re super-duper cute together and can accept the story happenings arranged it so the two will never have much interactions of substance ever again, which is fine, I got some good fanfics to quench my thirst’.

...and also Sora x Ariel.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I always liked Sora x Namine. Rest assured, it’s less of a ‘golly I sure do hope it becomes canon or I’m gonna be awful sore!’ and more ‘I just think they’re super-duper cute together and can accept the story happenings arranged it so the two will never have much interactions of substance ever again, which is fine, I got some good fanfics to quench my thirst’.

...and also Sora x Ariel.

Aside from jutting her towards Repliku to close his story, the only person she got to talk to was Sora. Can't say they are to ignore interactions with them. I just never liked the whole idea that Sora still can't remember CoM when supposedly the whole boo hoo schtick of Xion was that "no one will remember her" yet they obviously did in some form.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Namine is one of those characters I like nearly every ship that involves her. Besides Namine being one of my favorite characters, I think there's an aspect to the character that she comes across so sad and so alone and so desperate for someone to legitimately care about her in CoM--like a princess trapped in a towercastle--that you almost want her to have a romance to make up for that. I mean, to me, although Nomura gave us tragedy overdose several times over, he was never really as successful at it as he was with Namine, Repliku, and Roxas during CoM-KH2.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Namine is one of those characters I like nearly every ship that involves her. Besides Namine being one of my favorite characters, I think there's an aspect to the character that she comes across so sad and so alone and so desperate for someone to legitimately care about her in CoM--like a princess trapped in a towercastle--that you almost want her to have a romance to make up for that. I mean, to me, although Nomura gave us tragedy overdose several times over, he was never really as successful at it as he was with Namine, Repliku, and Roxas during CoM-KH2.

I think it's because she's not particularly tied to anyone. I mean, yes, in KHII, they had this implication with her and Roxas, but it's not to the level that's with, say, Sora and Kairi. Just for comparison. They literally just met, and then they were inside other people. So Naminè is pretty much a freelancer. That may change for the future yet for now she has no place to "belong".

She's also not sucked into the black hole of the abyss that are trios where you don't get to talk to or care about anyone except for the secluded party of three, so she can speak to whoever if she wishes. Nobody saw her connecting to Lingering Will after all.

Honestly, I don't know what they'll do with her. Nomura is aware of her black sheep dilemma yet did shit all to fix it because Repliku was more important to him. But he draws her in the main cover as if she's a part of the main character cast when he purposely separated her from them and doesn't even have merch like the rest. I've seen Naminè fans sad that they don't get anything and it's just such an asshole move.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm taking the "Riku on the throne" fanart conversation here. (Also the "no one loves Sora" thread made me incredibly sad.) What SoRiku moments from the games would you pick for the three Sora drawings, in an artwork similar to the MoM Kairi-on-the-throne art? Can be platonic or romantic in your headcanon.

Here's my top 3 5 for the KH2 moment--it was hard to narrow it down (and I kinda failed) but it was definitely a feel-good activity^^ Trying to find moments when Riku would be in the right frame of mind to think, "Yeah, I ❤ him." Also moments when he's actually looking at Sora and not turning his back to him in shame and guilt and self-hatred...

KH2SoraRikuWellGoTogether.jpg

KH2EndingSoraPeaceful.jpg

KH2EndingSoraLetter.jpg

KH2EndingSoraAndRikuLook.jpg

KH2SoraMakesAFace.jpg
What about KH1? KH3? Your own KH2 favs?

Or do it for your OTP?

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
1601323001288.png
I think this would be a good moment for KH1, seeing Sora is just genuinely happy to see Riku. Even, if Riku at the time couldn't recognize it as such, I do feel like Current day Riku would appreciate it. Though if we were to match it with Kairi's being the end I guess it'd be him and Sora parting ways at the door to darkness.

As for KH2 I think your #5 would be my pick, seeing it is a memory of Sora caring for him, reaching out and supporting him.

I'm drawing a blank with KH3, my gut feeling would be Sora's departure to save Kairi. Or when he just randomly appeared to block Aqua's attack that might also be a good pick.

Back