• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Secret Ending Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggieKeyblader

Though I hate to burst anybody's bubble, I have a small tidbit of news regarding the secret ending:

Another translation has been posted, and certain key details from Heartstation's translation vary or are absent altogether in this one. This YouTuber's translation for the first half seems a bit better phrased than Heartstation's, and makes better sense overall....However, it makes no mention of Eraqus, and when you listen more closely to when Eraqus is mentioned elsewhere in the game. Therefore, it could be that Master Xehanort's line in that scene was misheard, and he doesn't actually say "Eraqus."

All in all, I wouldn't trust either translation entirely (both have their inconsistencies), but I just thought it'd be best for everyone to be aware of this alternate translation before too many Eraqus-oriented theories pop up, since it's possible he might not exist within Terra after all. Until a third translation is created (if a third translation is created), I wouldn't trust anything we presumed we "knew" completely.

The alternate translation:

Whoah, that's so weird how the two translations are so different... o.0

Personally, I hope the second one's the real one, it seems more plausible. The whole Eraqus thing didn't really make sense. It doesn't even sound like he says Eraqus anyway.

State

Awards
In summation, after MX talks about Terra having a heart, he says the name "Eraqus", meaning that Terra has his heart or he fused with it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by Allister Rose
Maybe someone should ask heartstation for a re-translation

Yeah. The first time I read their translation, idk, it sounded a bit rushed. All the secret ending translations are so different...

FadedSunrise

I swear, the first bits of the second one are a tiny bit off. But for the part where they say Eraqus, or what sounds like Eraqus, I don't know enough japanese to debate on who's right. D:

But the second one makes more sense. The first one had more of a Terra is submitting to MX's control feel, whereas second one has more of the Terra that matches LS' virulent hate for MX. Although, it could be said that after a decade of being controlled, feelings will change...

BladeofHearts18

also guys, observe how ven is sleeping then wakes up. it could foreshadow that sora will reconnect with ven again. i would love to see everyone reconnecting and meeting each other. KH is truly a beautiful story, showing how friendships and bonds will never end, even in the darkest times. every time i watch the secret ending i almost cry. truly a touching series...

D

Deleted member 81617

I think the first one might be wrong....
And I thought the point of Eraqus's name was actually supposed to be Eruaqs because thats Square spelled backwards... My bad lol

darkness99

Sora made a decision to a new adventure after KH2..
Ansem the Wise survived da explosion ..
and seen talking to Aqua.. ??

StormHurricane

Damn pronunciation of japanese.
The only thing to do is waiting for the NA release ^^.

I bet that nomura intentionally didn't gave the secret ending subtitles, so that even the japanese are confused ^^

T

The Spoiler

I think the first one might be wrong....
And I thought the point of Eraqus's name was actually supposed to be Eruaqs because thats Square spelled backwards... My bad lol

Except "Eruaqs" is pretty much impossible to pronounce for both Americans and Japanese.
So Eraqus it is.
You both spelt that wrong... Square backwards would be Erauqs, but you cant have a q without a u after it so they are switched to spell Eraqus

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
I thought I'd post my own translation of that scene in here as well. (I made a few changes since I posted it last)

MX: Your heart was stained in darkess, and your body should have become a vessel for my heart. So why have you not been absorbed?

T: This is my heart, even if you control my body, my heart is my own.

MX: You say that now, but your heart is destined to become only a part of mine.

T: No, you will leave here.

MX: Big words for someone who couldn’t even control the darkness in his heart.

T: Well, we’ll see.

MX: Oh? It seems there is another heart already residing in your own. Well well, Eraqus...

T: I am not as I was before, afraid of the darkness. Even if you take my heart, even if I become darkness itself, I don’t care how many sacrifices I have to make, I only have one goal...

MX: So you’re prepared to risk it all then. Well, we still have time. We can take our time deciding who will rule over this heart. But, many plans have already been layed, and the seeds have already begun to sprout.

---

Braig: Hey there, “Master”. What, don’t you remember? Weren’t you just pretending to have lost your memory? You’ve got to be kidding me. Wait... you aren’t Terra... are you? Ha, well whatever, I’m just saying I’ve got something good planned.

If there is anything else you want me to translate or explain in greater detail, just ask!

Crazy_XIII

^ Well now that translation makes so much more sense then the vids, especially the part with Braig I got confused as to what he was saying but this makes it simple and easy to understand.

Cheers Lissar you da best thebatman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back