• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Re:Coded Secret Movie "Destiny" Subtitles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Well, turns out we've all been reading this scene quite wrong hahah. Not one but TWO rips of the re:coded movie have the official subtitles, the texts a little different in english. Wow. I thought maybe someone was just talking shit about them being the official subs but then after seeing the second rip I realized that things may be a little different to what we might have believed. The true subtitles only slightly hint to Braig's other plans and Young Xehanort suddenly doesn't seem anywhere near as rebellious. Interestingly enough, no mention of a will at all. Also I think it is fair to say that Xehanort inherited his keyblade, maybe that's what starts his fascination with the keyblade war? I really don't think Xehanort is the sixth not-foreteller.

Amazed that I found this to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAsE0Kye0w

skip to 2:53:14 to view the cutscene with the official subtitles. If you need convincing it's not legit, here's another rip with identical subtitles. Not sure what the timing is of the secret ending on this one but it's not hard to find, somewhere near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6NzIejefcE

Just to be a nice guy I'm making a quick transcript here.

BRAIG: That was more difficult than I thought, but at least things are on track.
BRAIG: Lord Xemnas is nowhere to be seen, so that means...the party's already begun, huh?
BRAIG: Man, does that Xehanort scare me like nobody's business, the way he can see into minds.
BRAIG: And it doesn't help that no one knows what it is that the old man wants.
BRAIG: I wonder if even you know what's going on inside your own head.
YOUNG XEHANORT: I will be led...wherever it is I am destined to go.
BRAIG: Sounds to me like you don't have a clue of your own.
YOUNG XEHANORT: Every Keyblade master is bequeathed a Keyblade of his very own.
YOUNG XEHANORT: With the passing of time, as you can imagine, more and more Keyblades were forged to be handed down.
YOUNG XEHANORT: But of all the keyblades in existence, Master Xehanort's is the most ancient.
YOUNG XEHANORT: That is my destiny.
YOUNG XEHANORT: But it has yet...to become a reality.
BRAIG: Hey, it's okay.
BRAIG: This is all connected to the ancient Keyblade War, isn't that right?
BRAIG: Whatever. I got my hands full with my own plans.
BRAIG: So, which poor soul will it be?

So yeah, I wonder what changes this will make to peoples theories.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Huh, no will in sight. Well poopy.
At least it's made fairly clear Xehanort inherited the Goat Keyblade, which now makes me more interested about his Master. A Master who knows about the Keyblade War and all that and then he sees one of his own apprentices inherit the Goat Keyblade. Dude probably flipped.
...Which would explain way he never told Xehanort about the Lost Masters and only Eraqus. Xehanort's Master, knowing what that Keyblade entails, would try everything to prevent Xehanort from gaining any sort of knowledge and power. ...But, of course, doing so only made Xehanort more curious about the Keyblade War, go to the dark side, and gain power (ah, good old fashioned self fulfilling prophecy.) Wouldn't be surprised if we found out his Master never declared him one, either.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Huh, no will in sight. Well poopy.
At least it's made fairly clear Xehanort inherited the Goat Keyblade, which now makes me more interested about his Master. A Master who knows about the Keyblade War and all that and then he sees one of his own apprentices inherit the Goat Keyblade. Dude probably flipped.
...Which would explain way he never told Xehanort about the Lost Masters and only Eraqus. Xehanort's Master, knowing what that Keyblade entails, would try everything to prevent Xehanort from gaining any sort of knowledge and power. ...But, of course, doing so only made Xehanort more curious about the Keyblade War, go to the dark side, and gain power (ah, good old fashioned self fulfilling prophecy.) Wouldn't be surprised if we found out his Master never declared him one, either.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Xehanort killed his own master for the keyblade.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Xehanort killed his own master for the keyblade.

Yeah just like
Mozenrath4.jpg
Mozenrath did with his master, but Mozenrath ended up having his hand turned into a skeletal hand after he usurped his master.

I wonder what type of consequences Xehanort suffered if he did usurp his master.

Gram

Banned
Awards
To be frank, I much more prefer that translation. No matter how much it was advocated I still couldn't see the YX betrayal given his behavior in DDD and this translation only makes it less apparent.

It still brings up the age of Xehanorts keyblade though which is something to ponder.

Something else that worries me is translations in general. This makes the third translation I've seen of that video myself with each having a different, though not by much, translations to the conversation.
There was the one that came out not long after the vid did, the one KHI translated and now these. Words in Japanese can usually hold several meanings in English which can at times mean the same thing given even English has many words for one meaning which opens up room to translate something several ways but never straying from the initial, core, topic.

Of them all though I do prefer this one and hopes its the one we see in 2.5 when it reaches outside Japan.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
They are the official English subtitles, they accompany the whole Re:Coded movie, I'm not sure if they were accessed via hacking but given two completely different sources I would say they are legit. This is what you should base your theories on, I think the concept of a will means something different in Japanese cause otherwise something similar would have been given to us instead of completely omitting it from the dialogue.

I think it's pretty safe to say Young Xehanort and Braig are quite simply just working under Xehanorts orders in this scene and not taking Isa off for their own plans now. We now know that only one of the other apprentices have been used for the xehanorganization because Dilan and Even were simply resting and not missing. The fact he says Xemnas isn't here suggests that Terranort may have came back back and went elsewhere before ditching Terra's body.

In my opinion the best final boss this game could give us would be a terra possessed Xehanort, MX himself can go f*ck a duck.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's not so much that the concept of will would be different but that the phrase can be translated several cause of multiple meaning. For example the Lingering Wills name in Japanese has to do with thoughts but it can mean both will and sentiment in English.
Another example is kokoro which not doesn't just mean heart but also other thing like spirit. Vanitas name as well has duel meanings in Japan which both hint at Sora.
Just cause there's two versions doesn't mean it's legit over KHIs version but doesn't mean KHI has it wrong either. The only real way to know when the English version releases showing us the version SE goes with or if a hacker shows they hacked the info from the game.

Though like I said I'd rather this one be right, far less craziness with betrayals and the like and it fits into YXs KH3D behavior much better.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I don't think someone would have took the time to remove the japanese subtitles frame by frame and replace them with their own english ones, the fact it's on not one but two clearly different rips suggests this is legit and should be treated as so. KHI is a translation, these are taken from the disc.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Haha You'd be surprised what people would. Just cause you think it should be treated a certain way doesn't mean it should be or will be either. There no need to keep trying to defend it either cause I'm not out to disprove, I want it to be right, I'm just voicing that one can get several meanings from Japan to English and that until you see it in our version or a hacker shows them self back in it that it could go either way. I'm just accepting that fact even if I don't want it.

I've been that way over translations since the kh2 ordeal. In Japan Roxas asks why Sora was chosen in their battle but in our version it mistranslated as "why did he choose you?".
Same sentence, both asking the same question of 'why' but two different ways it came out. Even three cause I seen it translated as why it picked you instead of he.

Now I must go, first day back to work since my surgery so I can't sit and keep debating this with right now (though tbh I don't want to, I like this version) so farewell. o3o

Last edited:

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Funny, I always remember that scene being "why did it choose you?" haha. Well I think these look pretty legit just based on the fact it's two different videos that are clearly different sources but I could be wrong yet.

I hope these are the actual subtitles, Braig and YX both sound like themselves again.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I typed up this whole nice post about translations and being wary of them, but it's no more because my tablet is a bitch (I might rewrite it later when I'm less annoyed) but to some it up:

Transitions are tricky and being official doesn't make it accurate. Things are lost in translation no mater what. Connotations and meanings are lost. The language often has to be bent to better fit the ear and mouth movements and other relevant points.

...*sigh*

Basically, don't hold the translation in absolutes. I've seen a lot of headaches over the years because of people holding steadfast to certain phrases and words that might not even mean much in the long run.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Basically, don't hold the translation in absolutes. I've seen a lot of headaches over the years because of people holding steadfast to certain phrases and words that might not even mean much in the long run.

Doesn't that also apply for people making theories out of the KHI translation though? The only reason I'm saying these should be held with higher regard is because they supposedly come from the actual disc. I know KH2 had its problems but they've spent nearly a decade fixing the mess that they made with that game so surely they have learned by now.

Anyways, lets stop pissing about with this and start looking at what we should take from this scene if we are all to take these as the true english text, cause I think it's a bit of a game changer.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
On the topic of whether this is the official translation, I would just like to say that I skimmed through the first URL video, and there are a few scenes with ACTUAL English voices. I think they were only the text filled scenes, but it was clearly Mickey speaking in english.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAsE0Kye0w#t=13m10s (13 mins and 10 secs in)

So I believe that this is the official translation. Now whether or not it is acurate, is an entirely different discussion.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
On the topic of whether this is the official translation, I would just like to say that I skimmed through the first URL video, and there are a few scenes with ACTUAL English voices. I think they were only the text filled scenes, but it was clearly Mickey speaking in english.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAsE0Kye0w#t=13m10s (13 mins and 10 secs in)

So I believe that this is the official translation. Now whether or not it is acurate, is an entirely different discussion.

I didn't even notice that, thanks for pointing it out.

Ruran

Awards
Doesn't that also apply for people making theories out of the KHI translation though? The only reason I'm saying these should be held with higher regard is because they supposedly come from the actual disc. I know KH2 had its problems but they've spent nearly a decade fixing the mess that they made with that game so surely they have learned by now.

Anyways, lets stop pissing about with this and start looking at what we should take from this scene if we are all to take these as the true english text, cause I think it's a bit of a game changer.

This goes for ANY translation of anything from any language. My post is an abridged version of one I previously wrote but accidentally deleted going more into detail of the point I was trying to make.

What I'm trying to say is, no, being official doesn't make it more accurate and doesn't necessarily give more proper context to the scene.

Mind, I'm not saying to ignore this translation, but I wanted to put a general warning to not take every word to a T. Not because it might be a bad translation, it's just that words from one language don't fit squarely into the words of another. It's just the way language works, its finicky that way.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
This goes for ANY translation of anything from any language. My post is an abridged version of one I previously wrote but accidentally deleted going more into detail of the point I was trying to make.

What I'm trying to say is, no, being official doesn't make it more accurate and doesn't necessarily give more proper context to the scene.

Mind, I'm not saying to ignore this translation, but I wanted to put a general warning to not take every word to a T. Not because it might be a bad translation, it's just that words from one language don't fit squarely into the words of another. It's just the way language works, its finicky that way.

I know what you are trying to say but why would we not take every word to a T if this is indeed the official translation? If it's the official one it's what square have put into the game and surely should be taken to a T because it's what we base our theories off.

I understand words do not fit squarely into another across languages that's not the problem. If this is what we're going to hear in 2.5, we should pay attention to it word for word.

Ruran

Awards
I know what you are trying to say but why would we not take every word to a T if this is indeed the official translation? If it's the official one it's what square have put into the game and surely should be taken to a T because it's what we base our theories off.

I understand words do not fit squarely into another across languages that's not the problem. If this is what we're going to hear in 2.5, we should pay attention to it word for word.

You kind of answered youself, lol. That's why I'm just trying to put a general warning since all translations, no matter what, are interpretations of the original text and often context is lost.

If you want to take everything in absolutes that's fine, I just wouldn't recommend it. You have no idea how many headaches I've seen over the years because the English dialog is taken as gospel.

Ruran

Awards
So you're saying that we should not even take the english translation of any game seriously?..

Dude. I'm just saying. Sometimes things just don't translate perfectly so its best not to cling on to everything as the original intention. That's just how language in general works.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Yeah but applying that logic to this is absolutely ridiculous because the only time people theorize based on the original Japanese version is when the English is not available, which it now is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back