• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Official music video for Kingdom Hearts 3's opening theme "Face My Fears" released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

To celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 worldwide, the official music video for Kingdom Hearts 3's opening theme song "Face My Fears" by internationally-acclaimed artist Hikaru Utada and eight-time Grammy Award-winning Skrillex has been released on Skrillex's YouTube.

Fans can purchase or stream "Face My Fears" EP right now.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

furusatoe

Re: Official music video for Kingdom Hearts 3's opening theme "Face My Fears" released

Personally, I think they should have just gone with the opening video for visuals. Simple and clean.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Official music video for Kingdom Hearts 3's opening theme "Face My Fears" released

Personally, I think they should have just gone with the opening video for visuals. Simple and clean.

Legally I don't think they are able to do that. All parties likely have major restrictions set on how the opening is presented since it is a million dollar CG animation in a multi-million dollar game. They want people to watch it in the game via buying the game, which is why there are also restrictions on how the opening is streamed.

furusatoe

Didn't SE release the full opening for 0.2 on their channel?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Eight grammies? Impressive. I had no idea Skrillex was such an accomplished musician

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Didn't SE release the full opening for 0.2 on their channel?

Yes, but that was a remix of a 15 year old song from a prologue game in a remaster collection. This is a new song from one of the most highly anticipated games of the year which has more legal intricacies than can be imagined with various music labels being involved.

NoWay

Awards

What is this for a framerate? Why is this video so lagging?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

No troubles with the lag here.

I have liked this song from the jump, but I love it more and more with each consecutive listen.

SoulXaldin

Awards

Eight grammies? Impressive. I had no idea Skrillex was such an accomplished musician

Honestly, the Grammies are nothing but a sham. These awards are typically given out and assessed by a bunch of old people who look at what’s trendy and stuff. I mean, do I have to remind you how many awards Bruno Mars won last time against so many artists who made way better music/records than he did? It’s baffling, to say the least.

With that being, same thing could be said for this “song” (shivers).

furusatoe

“Face My Fears” is a very good song, and I’m convinced anyone who thinks it’s a huge departure for the series are letting nostalgia blind them from the “Simple and Clean” remixes that are more or less in the same genre.

EDIT: That said, yes, The Grammys are atrocious.

Neo_

Awards

I am so torn on the song; I'm with SoulXaldin that I don't like it, but there are some nice bits and pieces that stick out. I hate the generic snare buildup to the straight EDM robots mating segment, but after that nonsense it resolves into something very nice once Utada rejoins (and I actually think the beat complements her nicely), but overall the song has too many ingredients of the soulless garbage that I despise. Cut out 1:00-1:24 (everyone's favorite part :rolleyes:) and it would be fine.

I guess it all comes down to taste, but we are not definitely not blinded by nostalgia at the S&C remix.

Back