• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Mega Man Battle Network Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
Somebody's probably made a Mega Man thread already, but this is specifically for Battle Network.

main.jpg

I really feel like the Battle Network series deserves it's own thread, since it's really a very different franchise than Mega Man, and Mega Man X. Whereas Mega Man X just feels like a sequel to Mega Man, Battle Network really separates itself from the rest of the series.

Anyway, the only Battle Network game I've played so far was BN3: Blue Version, but I just remembered playing it, and how awesome it was. I really am thinking about trying one of the later BNs.

I'm thinking of trying Mega Man Star Force, since I hear it has online play and online trading. I also hear the battles are played from 3rd person shoulder view though. That must be kinda weird.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
i was thinking about getting the star force games...they look cool. anyways, i have BN3:red and blue versions

S

Shadow Soldier

Horrible games. I played the first couple, then it got annoying. Mind you the first ones weren't star games either.

And how does this deserve its own thread?

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
I've already explained why they deserve their own thread. The only way Battle Network is connected to the rest of the Mega Man franchise is because it has the words "Mega Man" written on the box. The story is completely unrelated and the gameplay is entirely different.

Anyway, just because you don't like the series doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a thread.

S

Shadow Soldier

But then, that's basically saying Mario Party deserves its own thread outside of the Mario Discussion. Just because it has a different story doesn't mean anything. Devil May Cry 4 has a different story than Devil May Cry 3, it doesn't get it's own thread...

Awards
Eh, I liked the first game, mostly because it was Megaman, IN A WHOLE NEW FORM. But after that, they just did the same thing over and over, and nothing really changed. Which really seems to be a problem with the Megaman games in general.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Just because it has a different story doesn't mean anything. Devil May Cry 4 has a different story than Devil May Cry 3, it doesn't get it's own thread...

i think he is trying to say that battle network games are completely different from the usual megaman games....Ex.megaman looks a lot different then he does in the other games and he is controlled by a kid named Lan.

Devil May Cry 4 had something to do with Devil May Cry 3

don't flame me, i'm just translating wat it seems like he is saying

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
If it were "completely different", it wouldn't be Mega Man. And it's not just the name of Mega Man. Many characters from the original series were carried over to the new one. The links drawn between BN and the others are staggering.

And in any case, the BN series is long over. I don't believe further discussion is really recquired.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
But then, that's basically saying Mario Party deserves its own thread outside of the Mario Discussion. Just because it has a different story doesn't mean anything. Devil May Cry 4 has a different story than Devil May Cry 3, it doesn't get it's own thread...

It has a different story AND DIFFERENT GAMEPLAY. I've said that twice already. I understand that certain games have spinoffs or sequels with unrelated stories, and some with completely different gameplay, but you rarely see spinoffs or sequels that are unrelated in both story and gameplay.

Mario Party's story is related to the rest of the Mario franchise anyway. See the mass of returning characters, such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, etc. Also, Devil May Cry 4 and 3's stories are related to each other. Are you sure you actually played both of those games?

Also, All-Star Gamer, you're wrong. No characters were carried over. True, there is a Mega Man in the traditional Mega Man series, and there is one in the Battle Network series, but they're entirely different characters. In fact, I don't even think it's right to call them both characters. The one in Battle Network is basically just an avatar of the main character, Lan. He has no real personality to himself. Once again, the only similarity is in the name "Mega Man". Aside from that, the Battle Network series is completely different.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Dude, did you even pay attention to the game? Mega Man is Lan's fricken' twin brother for god's sake. A human made into a net navi. Plus, He's the title character as well. Lan's Just a sub-star. You don't see him in cyber world, fighting off viruses, do you?

And When I say "Carried over" I ment recreated. Don't doubt that many of the classic characters have been recreated to play roles in the new games. You've got Roll, Gutsman, Cutman Protoman, Dr Wily, Dr. Light, etc. The majority of the characters used in the game aren't even original.

And in case you missed it, let me say it again: THE SERIES IS OVER. NO NEW GAMES ARE BEING MADE. NOTHING LEFT TO DISCUSS.

Rain

I breathe music.
Awards
Website
inferno.khinsider.com
I liked the BN Series.I had Battle Network 2,Battle Network 3:White, Battle Network 4:Red Sun and Battle Network 5:Team Colonel.The were fun but got boring after a while.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It was too repetitive. I liked it, but after BN 5, I just gave up on the series.

PKKzelfar

the first Bn game i played was...no.6:Gregar, i bought the 1st one and man...it kinda suked, ok..it really suked, no.4 was a little great though

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
The Battle Netwrok series is one of my favorite game series of all time. I own one verison of every game, with my friend owning the opposite verison. The only problem I see with the series is that it got shorter and shorter and easier and easier with every passing game. I enjoyed the story and the gameplay immensely. Great series all in all.

As to the arguements of this thread:
MegaMan BN has A COMPLETELY different story than the original series. It has nothing to do with any other series except Star Force. All the characters have been remade, that's the only thing it has in common with the other games. It is, in fact, a different game entirely.

Even though there are no more games being released *sniff*, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. People are still posting threads of games that have no sequels in plan or at all, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. What use could this thread have? Help on the games like where to find battle chips or plot questions. IMO the thread is fine as it is.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Capcom is preparing to celebrate the sub-franchise's 20th anniversary next year:

Hold down your expectation horses. They're mostly looking for licensing partners, which typically means merchandise. But obviously, why wouldn't Capcom make a collection on Nintendo's best selling console?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It would be amazing if they did something for BN anniversary. Battle Network was my first Mega Man series. I miss the series at times, even if I wasn't super skilled at it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It would be amazing if they did something for BN anniversary. Battle Network was my first Mega Man series. I miss the series at times, even if I wasn't super skilled at it.
I got nostalgic listening to the MMBN4 OST! Haha. But I presume they may work on a port. What I wonder if it'll include Battle Chip Challenge and Network Transmission

Veevee

Awards
If y'all like Megaman Battle Network, check out "One Step from Eden". I haven't played it myself, but it seems to be close to Megaman Battle Network's Gameplay and it got good reviews.

By the way, I finally picked up my copy of Megaman Battle Network 5 and plan to play it soon. Never really played one of the games before, but nooby me loved the Megaman NT Warriors show and the manga. I couldn't really get into the classic Megaman games because I lack skill and patience, but I always liked the character. Wish they'd reboot that show. It was gorgeously funny and somehow self-aware.

Back