• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Official Kingdom Hearts UX Twitter teases important announcement with new sketch by Nomura!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The official KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Twitter is teasing a new announcement! In their latest tweet, they show off a new sketch by Tetsuya Nomura, featuring young Xehanort, Eraqus and various blurred out characters. 

The announcement will be shared tomorrow at 5:00pm PT!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The one on the very right certainly looks like a girl/woman (who's holding a Chirithy), either Strelitzia or Skuld I'd assume but I can't make out the fourth person standing behind Xehanort.

Noivern

Awards
Oh boy, here we go again. If this means we'll get the Xehanort stuff in UNX instead of a whole new game then I'm glad as it might mean more frequent updates.

Keyblade07

oh wait there is topic like this already? Lol welp my thread gone to waste.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Oooh nice! Time for more speculation lol. It might be me but it looks like there’s three blurred out characters. There’s one directly behind Xehanort maybe wearing a black coat? Then the other diagonally from the female with an outfit similar to Xehanort and Eraqus. Their master maybe? Maybe the girl is a new character but yeah going with either Skuld, Ava or Strelizia as possibilities too. Can’t wait to find out!

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm hoping we get a Xehanort and Eraqus prequel in the form of a new game instead of just putting it in UX. Super excited for this announcement either way though!

One of the ones in the back could be Luxu.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
t1579741200z4.png

TheZX

Awards
What if Xehanort isn't named Xehanort yet. They were always called Boy in White and Boy in Black. Nomura said it was the end of the Xehanort Saga and naming him Boy in Black and giving him a different name in this prequel is a way around that.

ZeVaine

Awards
What if Xehanort isn't named Xehanort yet. They were always called Boy in White and Boy in Black. Nomura said it was the end of the Xehanort Saga and naming him Boy in Black and giving him a different name in this prequel is a way around that.

I have been thinking about that. Xehanort's name is clearly an anagram of Another, and we know that's significant from the Xemnas computer cutscene, where he goes to the chamber with Aqua's armor.

I want to believe that Xehanort took that name on, or was given it, for some particular purpose. Though, it could be just a coincidence... Since no other character, even Eraqus, seems to question it or ever suggest his name wasn't Xehanort. Could be that they didn't know, too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering how often memory shenanigans play a role I could also imagine that all memories of Xehanort's name not having always been Xehanort were either erased or simply rewritten to the name Xehanort.

Nomura was always teasing the anagram of "another" having special meanings the moment the name was first introduced and it was already played with several times like in BBS with Terra => Terra-Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas and the whole 13 Xehanorts in DDD/KH 3. So getting yet "another" (bad pun) instance where it yet again means something else isn't that farfetched.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I have been thinking about that. Xehanort's name is clearly an anagram of Another, and we know that's significant from the Xemnas computer cutscene, where he goes to the chamber with Aqua's armor.
An anagram of another No Heart and A Throne as well, which the boss "No Heart" alludes to as well, though we don't really know if that's just something he thought was interesting or if it actually matters...

That new picture, is Xehanort on a throne? Sora is Xehanort confirmed.

Back