• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official KH3D Boss Help Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
How does one block that kupo when whenever you finish blocking one of those kupoing balls another hits you immediatly?

It worked for me actually. The last one always hit me though but I could perfectly block the other ones. Not sure what you're doing wrong..

Fancy that. He has Cure but I don't recall him ever using it on me, nor do I have a Cure spell myself. Never managed a Link Attack with all three of my Dream Eaters though. The ones in my party right now are Meow Wow, R&R Seal, and Komory Bat.

You might want to unlock the Cure spell for you, it makes things at least a bit more easy. Not sure about the Meow Wow not curing you, I think you should play with him a bit more. Spirits get more useful the more you play with them as their behaviour changes with it as well.

ShadowM

Thanks for the advice but Hockomonkey is no longer an issue...for Sora at least. Thanks to that attack bonus from Riku dropping I simply brute forced my way to victory. They're both at level 6 and the Notre Dame world's level recommendation is 8. Wish me luck.

...although this means Riku's still stuck in Traverse Town. Cyberman's videos left me to believe that you need to beat a world with both characters to progress. Gonna be weird once Sora drops as Riku wakes up in Traverse Town.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Okay, Ansem SoD took a level in badass between KH1/CoM and KH3D. Any tips on his first form? I think I have Riku's level at the mid-to-upper 30s. I THINK. As for commands, I have Curaga, Firaga, Meteor, Dark Splicer, Shadowbreaker, and Dark Break.

Waves_Blade

Obnoxious dive boss for Riku in the muskateer world.

Seriously...

The 2nd phase is ridiculous. I hide behind the rocks hoping they would shield me or something from the kameyhameya attack but it does nothing. If you get nicked ONCE during the 1st phase you just don't have the HP for the 2nd. Dodge spamming is proving noneffective.

Sorax 122

Seriously...

The 2nd phase is ridiculous. I hide behind the rocks hoping they would shield me or something from the kameyhameya attack but it does nothing. If you get nicked ONCE during the 1st phase you just don't have the HP for the 2nd. Dodge spamming is proving noneffective.
I was frustrated with that boss too. I found that when you dodge up and down when he does that ramming thing with that energy field, you can dodge it. However you have to do it in a corner or you're screwed. Also with the rocks, you have to place yourself behind them, like right in the middle of the rock.

ShailsTDSPT

Welp, I was off. I have Riku at level 32. Level grinding it is. Any specific level I should have him at?

What difficulty? I beat him on both standard and proud at level 30 (critical, level 35, getting pwned)

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Standard mode. I must really suck, then. xD; Does my command lineup perhaps need some fine tuning?

EDIT: Scratch that, I just beat both forms.

Got_it_Memorized

Awards
For Anyone having trouble on Ansem.
I used ShadowBreaker, Dark Aura, Dark splicer, Dark Firaga, and 2 Curagas, i dont ever remember losing dodge roll or block or anything on the first part, but Dark Splicer and Aura worked really well to avoid damage to deal it. (also dark roll from flick rush is so much better than dodge roll for Riku) Second part Dark Splicer, and Dark Aura very helpful for quickly getting back to Ansem after he knocks you back, for avoiding dark balls I blocked and Flowmotioned away from them when i needed to

for Hockomonkey, Riku: use the rails ont he stairs and Slide Dash the crap out of the Boss when the hands spawn, kickdive and shockdive are amazing, if the issue is just getting hit by things well you have to dodge and block more

Grindind as far as proud mode goes, as long as you dont skip and mobs you should be good as far as level, simple thing is if you see a bad guy kill it. dont leave any survivors!

2 shotted Julius with Riku on proud, hes 100 times easier with Riku than Sora if you have Dark Barrier, (wich is amazing for his thunder crap) But i used 3 Curagas, Balloonga, Balloonra x2, Firaga, Dark Firaga (Firaga x2 for Sora), Block when he punches and counter him everytime hebody slams you dodge roll away, any chance you get away like after a body slam use balloons and or firagas. and thats pretty much it. the hard part comes in with Sora, when you dont have Barrier to dodge lightning it sucks!! so lightning resist is great, but if u get caught wich you mos likely will i had to kind of heal through it. Also DO NOT attempt to melee him anyway it just ends up with you at 1 HP or dead without Once more and Second chance

(also having Leaf Bracer, Once More, and Second Chance is wonderful)

Hope i helped if anyone else needs help with any other feel free to ask. :)

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Use Flowmotion to stay above the field when Ansem pushes you back. Just be sure to keep your Curaga ready for use.

Domination

Awards
A bit embarassing but Commantis as Riku on the Light Cycle playing on the Critical Mode difficulty! Aghhh! Any tips?!

Blobbit

Awards

Seriously...

Ah, the dive fights were pretty easy for me since I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising :p What I did was constantly move around in circles, and whenever it would launch its tentacles or whatever use Y to dodge. When it uses that energy field thing, PRESS B(twice). It slows you down so that you don't touch the energy field. For the second phase, I'm not sure what's wrong--you just have to go behind a rock, you don't have to dodge with Y or press B or anything, you just stay behind it and sort of move around with it while the thing shoots its huge laser.

Waves_Blade

A bit embarassing but Commantis as Riku on the Light Cycle playing on the Critical Mode difficulty! Aghhh! Any tips?!

You can beat the initial guys without taking any damage. You're most powerful weapon isn't the lazers, but when your in drive mode you leave a kind of beam thing in your wake that deals MASSIVE damage to enemies behind you. The other cyclers also leave this trail, DON'T run into it.

The boss will at first come from behind if I recall, use your drive mode trail to deal heavy damage. He will damage you for it usually, but the trade is generally worth it. Switch to lazers when he's out in front and blast him. Practice dodging because you can almost go through the entire boss fight without taking any damage except for when he hits you from behind.

Of course, my experience is only on proud mode, might be different on critical, duno.
____

I duno what was up with that dive boss and the rocks. The first few times I tried the fight the rocks didn't seem to protect me, I'm going to assume my positioning was off, because when I finally got the rocks to work I beat him in one go.

Luxord

Re: General "Help, I need help!" thread

Hey guys! I'm playing KH3D atm, and I'm currently at the Riku vs Ansem battle. Beating the Anti-Cloak thing and the first part of Ansem was fairly easy, but the second part of the Ansem battle seems impossible! Any tips?

ShailsTDSPT

Nightmare Armored Ventus, final part where he uses shotlock and you dash against each other. I went through with button mash on Standard and Proud but I die fast in Critical :( how do you beat that...

EDIT: 137th post, almost 1337 :(

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Man, Young Xehanort's battle is so intense and at times uses his keyblade as a freaking whip!:eek: Almost got him but his combos got to me.>.> Is there a way to prevent the whole slowing you down thing just wondering? A couple of you guys mention a clock.

ShailsTDSPT

Man, Young Xehanort's battle is so intense and at times uses his keyblade as a freaking whip!:eek: Almost got him but his combos got to me.>.> Is there a way to prevent the whole slowing you down thing just wondering? A couple of you guys mention a clock.

Oh boy, you don't know what "The Clock" is? The you aren't even at half the fight. Anyways, grab Dark Roll and Dark Block from the Flick Rush shop - that will help a lot. Get a dream eater that gives you slow resistance, so that annoying slow doesn't affect you. When he attempts to combo you, just block and he won't hit you not even on dreams since Dark Block covers your whole body. Counter when the combo is almost finished. If he summons ice, stand on the same place and as soon as the white screen starts to clear up, Dark Roll on YMX's direction and strike him once, if he doesn't flinch, instantly block. If he flinches, combo his ass. When he teleports 3 times in a zig zag pattern, block. He will twist his whip in a very weird way and deal tons of damage to you if you don't. When he teleports from 2 fixed spots, try to hit him right as he teleports. If he flinches, combo. If he doesn't, get ready to hit him on the next teleport. He will do the first teleport to the left and the second to the right. Then hop between these spots. He will teleport 5 times, the final one in which he combos after the teleport will always be to the left spot. Just ask if you have problems once you reach the dreaded Clock.

PS: Am I really the only one that thinks YMX is kind of easy? Way easier than Ansem :(

fraidy

Re: General "Help, I need help!" thread

Hey guys! I'm playing KH3D atm, and I'm currently at the Riku vs Ansem battle. Beating the Anti-Cloak thing and the first part of Ansem was fairly easy, but the second part of the Ansem battle seems impossible! Any tips?

Try using Dark Splicer whenever he throws you back, it should teleport you to him and help you avoid the lasers.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Wait so he does another round? Well isn't that just lovely lol. I haven't even care for Flick Rush however so I probably go through it without the dark block/roll.>.> I keep in mind with your other tips through so thanks. And honestly I didn't find the 2nd fight with Ansem that hard. I just used ranged magic and flowmotion attacks to damage him, while flowmotion up to him when he throws you way back and kept blocking his dark balls later on in the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back