• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official KH3/Console War Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It's an E but it's backwards, it's just how awesome Nintendo is.

It is only the most perfect logical system.

sarcasm_meter.jpg

S

Shadow Soldier

∞;4543319 said:
I don't think it's possible to...

No, no it is not. THAT POST FUCKING FAILS!

It's an E but it's backwards, it's just how awesome Nintendo is.

It is only the most perfect logical system.

Liek oh em gee FINAL FANTASEH 33 ON W33?!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Either way, I'm going to say what's already been said plenty lol: KH on the Wii, regardless of power, would get tiring very quickly if the combat had to be motion-controller based.

That, and I'd just want KH3 to be on a system that's at least got higher-capacity discs. More content that way.

S

Shadow Soldier

LOL WAGGLE! EVEN WITH MOTION PLUS THE THING WOULD SUCK!

tevlen

∞;4543327 said:
Either way, I'm going to say what's already been said plenty lol: KH on the Wii, regardless of power, would get tiring very quickly if the combat had to be motion-controller based.

That, and I'd just want KH3 to be on a system that's at least got higher-capacity discs. More content that way.

Wii and 360 have roughly the same disc capacity.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I want source on that.

I've never heard of a Wii disc having more than 10gb of space. You mean to tell me games like Fallout 3 and other large and detailed games fit onto a disc with the same capacity as the Wii's?

Unless your judge of roughly is like ten/fifteen gigs.

tevlen

No more stating opinions as facts without links, if you can't find a source to back up your claim then don't post it. It avoids a lot of the issues that occurred in the last thread.

Now let's try again.

IGN: IGNcube's Nintendo "Revolution" FAQ

DVD's can hold approximately 8.54 Gigs on a dual layer DVD

Nintendo Optical discs can hold approximately 8.54 gigs dual layered.
120mm type only (full size)

S

Shadow Soldier

∞;4543342 said:
I want source on that.

I've never heard of a Wii disc having more than 10gb of space. You mean to tell me games like Fallout 3 and other large and detailed games fit onto a disc with the same capacity as the Wii's?

Unless your judge of roughly is like ten/fifteen gigs.

Wii caps off at 4.7 gigs standard. 360 at 7 gigs standard I do believe... or 6.7. Something like that. HE'S WRONG BIATCH!

tevlen said:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p2.html

You're quoting an article like 3-4 years back? REALLY DEWD?! THEY STILL CALL IT THE REVOLUTION IN THAT. Doesn't matter. 360 holds more. It wins.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Nintendo initially announced that the discs would be dual-layered, offering upward of 8 gigabytes of storage. However, shortly after the announcement, it removed all mention of dual-layered discs from its official Revolution press release.
Just because of that, I don't see Wii ever getting more than, say, 12 Gb of space. Pretty sure 360's been beyond that since the start.

EDIT: Well, got beaten to it. Still, average 360 disc, or at least content, is bigger than the max offered by Wii.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Edited to show 'my bad'. It was a rough guess, given dual-layer, but Wii doesn't have that anyway.

S

Shadow Soldier

A dvd is incapable of holding 7 gigs as a single layered disc.

Installing a game on the 360.... 6.7 gigs.. :3

Just because of that, I don't see Wii ever getting more than, say, 12 Gb of space. Pretty sure 360's been beyond that since the start.

Look how brawl turned out. LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING.

*sigh* Once again, a DVD CANNOT hold 12 Gigs.

Doesn't change the fact Wii discs can't hold as much as 360 discs from what I'm understanding =D

the ps3 wins!!! yay!!!! .

360 EASIER TO DEVELOP FOR SO IT WINS AGAIN! YAY!!!

tevlen

For single layer, Wii disc and DVD hold the same
For dual layer, Wii disc and DVD hold the same

The issue is the fact that the Wii can have issues reading dual layer discs so nintendo tries to limit games to one layer, but dual layer games do exist.

Games without GUI's are easier to develop for than 360.

Does that mean that MSDOS wins?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So, dual-layer Wii is the same as normal 360?

Wait was 360 also dual-layer or single...

S

Shadow Soldier

WHICH PROVES THAT KH3 WON'T COME TO WII AND WILL COME TO 360 BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME AT READING LARGE STORAGE CAPACITY DISCS! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back