• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Jak and Daxter Trilogy Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is your favorite character?

• Samos Hagai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Torn

• Ashelin

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sig

• Krew

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Jak

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Daxter

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Vin

• Damas

• Tess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
I am a big fan of the Jak and Daxter trilogy, and was just wanting to discuss it, and to see just how many people have played the games. Also, I would like to know who all has actually played all three of the games, namely the first one, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
Comments, thoughts, and opinions, guys, on all three games.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
Jak and Daxter: My very first PS2 game. I really enjoyed it for my first game on PS2, but now it seems a little too kiddy. But I still loved it. And it actually was hard for me to get all the orbs and see the secret ending, which SUCKED for all that work.

Jak II: Oh, i loved seeing what happened next them. But sadly I never bought it. I rented it but beat the game. So i don't remember much since I solely focused on the game's ending. So I feel I really missed out on the extras.

Jak 3: I bought this game and it is excellent. It seemed a little short though. And the light jak powers weren't too good for me. But I absolutely loved the wastelander area. Much better than Haven. And Haven BLEW in Jak 3. I miss the old haven in Jak II. But hey what can you do. I loved seeing the true precusors. OMG!

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
lol Yeah, know what you mean. I was not expecting that! It's hard to think that Daxter, with all his laziness and wisecracks, was a Precursor the whole time.
Jak 3, to me, wasn't as good as Jak II, due to the fact that it was too easy, short, and I missed the old Haven City too, but, of course, Haven was like that because of the war. I really liked the desert buggies, though. They were a nice change from the zoomers, as you could feel the bumps and cracks beneath the wheels. I also loved the new Mod Gun upgrades. They rocked. My biggest complaint: Keira needs her old voice back.

I think that Jak II is the best of the three, because it introduces Haven City, and a whole slew of fantastic characters that, unfirtunately, I didn't have enough room to put all of them up on the poll. I love the characters of Krew, Baron Praxis, and the original Errol, as well as Kor, and it's great to go back and relive the times where you first met the great and unforgettable characters such as Torn, Ashelin, Sig, Vin, and Tess. The missions are great, and so are the extras andd mini games. Jak II is really worth buying, GTX, even if you have already beaten it. It's just great to go back and reminisce, and plus the extras and mini games are great too.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, you should alert others before spoilers. I've played all three games, but others haven't.

I thought the first one was the best. It was just a good old, awesome platformer. Plus it didn't feel like grand theft auto. But I did like Jak II. It was very challenging. Like the one mission where you're at the docks, fighting endless waves of Krimson Guard.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Spoilers suck.

Anyway, I love the Jak series. The first was very a very good platformer, and it did exhibit the power of the PS2 fairly well. The second one was a such a huge twist that I thought it was a joke when I first read about it in PSM. I very much liked the addition of guns to the formula, and that each gun was distinct. As much as I loved it, it became a little frustating a some parts (there never was much room to navigate in the citys, and the Crimson Guard are easily irritated). Jak 3 is probably my favorite of the bunch because of the addition of the badlands and the absence of those frustrations from Jak 2 (though Haven feels a little empty now). That new form was also interesting, but I kind of wished that there was tension between the light and dark form, as if they were at odds with each other (some adverse effects from using one side more than the other would have been neat).

Hyperion

I've played all three, and they're definitely one of my favourite game series.

Jak and Daxter: I enjoyed the storyline and locations of this game, and the usage of eco made it even more fun. Also, my friend and I beat that game together 101% (its possible!) in one day, so its made it a kind of memorable game.

Jak II: The intro of Haven city was way cool. I liked how the storyline became more mature, and how we got to use guns!

Jak 3: This was my favourite game in the trilogy, despite the fact it was shorter. I guess discovering the mysteries of the Precursor's made it addictive to me, and White Jak was pretty cool despite not having many added bonuses during fights (save the Recover ability).

Btw, I can't vote in the poll coz my favourite character was Seem (the monk). Hehe.

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
I have only played Jak and Daxter and Jak3. They're good games and next i'm planning to buy Jak2.

kade

*Most likly Spoilers ahead!!!*

Jak & Daxter Precurser legacy (1st one) was a classic and probally the best out of the three just because it was the first one and since the world was awsome snow beach jungle lava all these things in one game and it didnt seem like what i just came from a beach and now im in lava???? it didnt seem like that at all i thought the 100% ending was a joke i thought it was white eco because the door blinded them...

Jak 2 (and a dash of daxter) was probally my favorite (yes i know i said the first one was probally the best but this is my fav) this was just so 'weird' compared to the first one but still kept to the story and was a great game i loved how everything came to gether at the end exellent ending

Jak 3 (this is were crap comes into the formula) jak three dont get me wrong was a good game its just they needed to put u more into the story it seemed like they tried to distract us with flashy guns flashy cars and flashy ummm powers?
the game had a good story end of the world....but it seemed like i never knew what i was trying to get the light and dark crystals never told me what those were for apparently they combine....never saw the compining but ounce u got the last crystal u look at ur invatory and bam theres a new item and ur like WTH! but i can get pasted that i guess but the way the dumped keira for torn's girl was very anoying..... same as keira's voice (why did they dumped jak's girl in two games for a whore???) and then lets just go to the end the Precursers it made sense about daxter kinda but in jak2 what do u see? an egg hatching!!! the thing is jak 3 didnt stay unuff with the other 2. it was weird seeing in jak2 the metal heads which i thought were the precursors enemys yet when u kill their leader there just there in the next one.... but aparently the precursors enemys isnt metal heads its other dark precursors which also makes some sense but in the second one they said metal heads killed the precursors.

well thats what i think. oh and i voted for dax but i like jak and dax together the best how the re-act to ppl is hilarious

yado

I taste delicious
Jak and Dax: was an amazing game with great storyline but i coudnt get to the secret ending and i hated how everyone was gone once you beat it.

Jak 2: it sorta buged me how different it was but was still great and some of the missions were hard.

Jak 3: short yes but playing as Daxter rocked! the missions were cool but what did happen to Keiras voice. IT WAS SO DEEP IT SOUNDED LIKE A GUY. but was good and sorta different.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
Master T and square Ninja, I see no reason to put warnings before spoilers, as this is a thread for people who have at least beaten Jak II or Jak 3. If someone posts here and the haven't at least played the last two games, then they have misread the title of the thread.

Hyperion said:
Btw, I can't vote in the poll coz my favourite character was Seem (the monk). Hehe.
I couldn't put all of the characters in the poll so I had to pick the ones that I though contributed most to the story. Sorry about that.

Thanks for your opinion, everyone.
What were the hardest missions out of the whole trilogy for you?

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
i haven't played it, but i have played a demmo and i looked pretty good, so i might get it for chrismas

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
The hardest mission would definitely be the stupid rocket one in Jak 3. I died so many times on that mission.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Kingdom Clasm said:
Master T and square Ninja, I see no reason to put warnings before spoilers, as this is a thread for people who have at least beaten Jak II or Jak 3. If someone posts here and the haven't at least played the last two games, then they have misread the title of the thread.

I've played all of them, but I have yet to finish them. It sucks not having the time to play much anymore.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
TEH JAK SERIES PWNS

i've played all three games and by far..... the third one was the best because.... I PWN3D ALL Y'ALL N00BS

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
pwn3d to the max said:
TEH JAK SERIES PWNS
Does it not?

Probably the hardest mission out of the whole trilogy would have to be Get Seal at Water Slums, where you had to walk through the whole maze of the Water Slums while deafeating hordes of never-ending Krimzon Guards. I died the most times I have ever died on any game on that mission. But now that I play it a second and third time, I can beat it pretty easily.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Kingdom Clasm said:
So... Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy wasn't.... important? I thought this was about the trilogy.

I'm just concerned.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
I didn't say that. I just said they should at least have played Jak II or Jak 3, as most of the information and topics will be about Jak II and 3, since they had the most information in them. Please, let's not fight. End of this particular discussion, and onto the Jak and Daxter trilogy.

Anybody else want to say what their toughest mission was out of the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back