• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Gold Eyed Person Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRiku-12

Re: Now that we know who MF is

I just thought of an idea no one mentioned before. What if the whole 'people of darkness keep popping up around him' thing is simply becasue they are in the dream realm? I mean, in real life, a dream isn't solid and is open to suggestion. With him looking like Xehanort and all, he could just be influencing the dream for 'people of darkness' to pop up.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

No, I'm not trying to prove The Mysterious Figure is Young Master Xehanort at all #sarcasm
Oh, look, Internet sarcasm.

He's the only one that we DO know to have that ability. You can't deny, the trailer showing this, and Nomura saying this happens, are very close together. Close enough to maybe even warrent truth. It may still be speculation, but it is so darn close at the moment.
Since when does Xehanort have the ability to randomly summon beings of darkness wherever he goes? Unless you're referring to his ability to summon the Heartless, which is a far stretch. It's not even clear that this is a specific ability. It's just a factor of this character's existence.

Her face was first shown in the Secret Ending of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+. Nomura avoided answering things about her in questions about the trio.
We know it was the blue haired girl yet he still said nothing.

The plural here is a key. Plural, as everyone knows, means more than one. With Terra already mentioned separate, that means the interviewer was asking about Ventus and Aqua. Nomura only talked about Terra and Ventus.

She was shown again in the Jump Festa trailer(2007), however this was just her shadow.

Only in September 2008 did he finally mention Aqua. This was also the month where Aqua made her proper trailer debue.
My point is that Aqua was not an established character; everything we learned about her, from her appearance to her name, was new information on her character. Young Master Xehanort is already established. We know his face, his name and his background. There's nothing left to reveal regarding his identity: there is no mystery. The motivations aren't justifiable in that regard; there's nothing to hide, if the MF is indeed Young Xehanort.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Just to be sure, I'm not entering this heated debate which I enjoy reading, I'm just throwing this out there ^_^

Since when does Xehanort have the ability to randomly summon beings of darkness wherever he goes? Unless you're referring to his ability to summon the Heartless, which is a far stretch. It's not even clear that this is a specific ability. It's just a factor of this character's existence.

When did Chaser say he could summon the dark beings? Nomura said that the beings will appear around him, and Chaser used the word "sprout." Summon implies that he forced the image of that person to appear, however, what Nomura and Chaser are saying seems to be more vague as if they might pop up of their own accord. Similar to how Roxas came out of Sora to talk to Namine towards the end of KH2, Sora did not make Roxas come out, he did of his own accord. At least that is how I interpreted it...which may not be correct lol xP

My point is that Aqua was not an established character; everything we learned about her, from her appearance to her name, was new information on her character. Young Master Xehanort is already established. We know his face, his name and his background. There's nothing left to reveal regarding his identity: there is no mystery. The motivations aren't justifiable in that regard; there's nothing to hide, if the MF is indeed Young Xehanort.

You are implying that we know everything to know about YMX? Sure we know how he will turn out and what he did, however, we do not know if YMX has alternate motivations now considering he has seen what will happen in the future do to his actions. We also do not know if he had a secret agenda and stuff like that that he has been putting into place this whole time.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

When did Chaser say he could summon the dark beings? Nomura said that the beings will appear around him, and Chaser used the word "sprout." Summon implies that he forced the image of that person to appear, however, what Nomura and Chaser are saying seems to be more vague as if they might pop up of their own accord.
Chaser specifically used the term "ability" which implies an active role in the process. I was attempting to clarify whether he meant it that way or not. You're right that they might appear of their own accord or, as I said, it may stem from some kind of bond or natural occurrence.

You are implying that we know everything to know about YMX?
No. What I was saying is that we know who he is. Therefore, Nomura's insistence upon maintaining a secretive tonality surrounding his identity only makes sense if the MF is not, in fact, YMX.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We know what the Mysterious Figure actually looks like.

He was in the scan.
Screenshot13.jpg

And it was talked about in the interview:
In Fantasia as well as other worlds, a golden eyed person wearing a black coat appears, who is he?

They mentioned Fantasia specifically because they used the screenshot in the magazine.
Rough translation of the screenshot is "However, soon it will end."

I dunno, I haven't seen people talking about this so this is for those who may not have known~~

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: We know what the Mysterious Figure actually looks like.

I feel like this thread has been made 6 times in the last few days.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Because Nomura said that this guy can get those beings of darkness to come out randomly, just like Young Master Xehanort was doing in the trailer.And no, where did I mention the Heartless?

We don't fully know his background, y'know. We don't know how he left Destiny Islands, where he got his keyblade etc.
And like you said there; "there is no mystery." Well, in this game of twists and tales, it makes sense for Nomura to create a link between two people and call them on.
Past secret bosses have been either forms of Xehanort or have wanted to kill him. It's not a far stretch that the Mysterious Figure would travel through time to both BbS' time and DDD's. It creates a new mystery to Xehanort; where did he get those weapons, how can he travel through time.

Chaser specifically used the term "ability" which implies an active role in the process. I was attempting to clarify whether he meant it that way or not. You're right that they might appear of their own accord or, as I said, it may stem from some kind of bond or natural occurrence.
Sorry, I completely forgot about Sora and Kairi's experience with Roxas and Namine. I retract this: "He's the only one that we DO know to have that ability. "

No. What I was saying is that we know who he is. Therefore, Nomura's insistence upon maintaining a secretive tonality surrounding his identity only makes sense if the MF is not, in fact, YMX.
That's bull. A) We don't know everything about his identity.
B) How has Nomura insisted the guy has a secretive tone?
He hasn't.
In case you have forgotten:
a golden eyed person wearing a black coat appears
We get his eye colour and what he is wearing.

He is the mysterious man who appeared in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix as a boss who manipulated time
Confirmation that he was the man from Birth by Sleep and that he manipulates time.

Everywhere he goes, a few people of the darkness turn up, like how Vanitas came out in the trailer.
And people of the Darkness turn up where he goes.

Doesn't sound like he's keeping things secret.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Because Nomura said that this guy can get those beings of darkness to come out randomly, just like Young Master Xehanort was doing in the trailer.And no, where did I mention the Heartless?
I feel like you're trolling me. The person who looks like YMX whom we see in the trailer is the Mysterious Figure.

We don't fully know his background, y'know. We don't know how he left Destiny Islands, where he got his keyblade etc.
I didn't say we have complete knowledge of his background, only that we know it. We know he lived on Destiny Islands, became a Keyblade apprentice along with Eraqus, earned his Mark of Mastery and proceeded to ruin everyone's lives. Background.

And like you said there; "there is no mystery." Well, in this game of twists and tales, it makes sense for Nomura to create a link between two people and call them on.
I don't understand the meaning of this sentence, but alright.

Past secret bosses have been either forms of Xehanort or have wanted to kill him.
Implying this is in any way the same thing. Yes, being someone and wanting to kill someone is intrinsically similar and totally sets a singular precedent.

It's not a far stretch that the Mysterious Figure would travel through time to both BbS' time and DDD's. It creates a new mystery to Xehanort; where did he get those weapons, how can he travel through time.
None of which contradicts anything I'm saying. Speculatively speaking, if he is Xehanort, this statement is true. If he is not, in fact, Xehanort, this statement is not true. Ultimately, this statement has no bearing on whether or not the MF is, in fact, Xehanort. I won't enter the debate about why time travel doesn't work that way and how much of a paradox that creates.

That's bull. A) We don't know everything about his identity.
Really? We know what Young Xehanort looks like and his name and an overview of his history. That's about all there is to a character's immediate identity, unless we want to speculate on Xehanort's sexuality.

B) How has Nomura insisted the guy has a secretive tone?
In all of the ways you listed. He deliberately avoided mentioning the Mysterious Figure's name (or naming Young Master Xehanort specifically). Nomura described the MF in every way he could except by name. That, to me, is indicative of something; that he appears to be Young Master Xehanort, but there's a good probability that he isn't.

Doesn't sound like he's keeping things secret.
Yes, he is. He's keeping his name a secret. We've been over this: if Nomura's intention was to reveal the Mysterious Figure's identity in the course of revealing his physical appearance, there would be no reason to evade mention of Young Xehanort's name when discussing the Mysterious Figure. Therefore, he must have avoided mention of the Mysterious Figure's actual name because his physical appearance itself does not constitute a revelation of his identity.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm just going to quickly say this because I'm going to work now.

Therefore, he must have avoided mention of the Mysterious Figure's actual name because his physical appearance itself is not a revelation of his identity.
He deliberately avoided mentioning the Mysterious Figure's name (or naming Young Master Xehanort specifically).

He said that he was the mysterious man from birth by sleep final mix. MF doesn't have a proper name yet, but these signs all point to Young Master Xehanort.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

He said that he was the mysterious man from birth by sleep final mix. MF doesn't have a proper name yet, but these signs all point to Young Master Xehanort.
An assumption which is, essentially, at the heart of our disagreement. He looks like Young Master Xehanort, yet Nomura has avoided identifying him as such, a decision which makes no sense because everyone knows what Young Master Xehanort looks like and who he is. That is a sign that his appearance as YMX is intended to be misleading; meanwhile, his actual identity is something Nomura is attempting to keep secret.

If Nomura is simply waiting for the right time to say, "The Mysterious Figure is Young Master Xehanort," that interview would have been it.

Gram

Banned
Awards

pfft MF~ out of this thread what catches my eyes most is that there Chernabog :D

tho the MF in that scan seems smaller than the bbs one must be the effect of the dream realm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Chaser did this for a reason. You know how people are like "Wait, MF was confirmed to be YMX? Proof?" or "We know what he looks like? Proof" so Chaser made this handy thread to say "PEOPLE. LOOK. RIGHT HERE. LOOK."

Zul

Awards

His tone makes me think that he doesn't realize we've seen YMX's face through a model rip and that the black coat will confuse us or something.

Also, you guys talk about it like it's the first Nomura interview you've seen, he's "always" like that, trying to add some kind of mystery to every one of his answers with incessant laughing as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

tho the MF in that scan seems smaller than the bbs one must be the effect of the dream realm.
Or they might have updated his character model *shrugs*
Chaser, hasn't this been stated a few times already lol
Again, I've not seen anyone actually mention this :p

Chaser did this for a reason. You know how people are like "Wait, MF was confirmed to be YMX? Proof?" or "We know what he looks like? Proof" so Chaser made this handy thread to say "PEOPLE. LOOK. RIGHT HERE. LOOK."
I love you Master <3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If Nomura is simply waiting for the right time to say, "The Mysterious Figure is Young Master Xehanort," that interview would have been it.
We are all the minority when it comes to Kingdom Hearts fans. The people who saw the interview makes up a small percentage of the fans. If he said that, sure it would all be happy days, but why would he say it to a few thousand people when tens of thousands, possibly millions, wouldn't even know about it. You don't directly state "this is this" in an interview unless it was revealed prior to the event.
It's sort of like when he said that destroying a Heartless than a Nobody brings back the Somebody in an interview/ultimania. Many people didn't know that because they don't read the things he says so he had to put it in the games(Re:Coded Secret Ending).

His tone makes me think that he doesn't realize we've seen YMX's face through a model rip and that the black coat will confuse us or something.
Eh, we saw it in the Trailer though. He probably thinks that we don't know that the guy there was YX.

Also, you guys talk about it like it's the first Nomura interview you've seen, he's "always" like that, trying to add some kind of mystery to every one of his answers with incessant laughing as well.
That's what I've been trying to say :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back