• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Gold Eyed Person Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsaken Shadow

Re: Now that we know who MF is

Shouldn't YMX be using a keyblade instead of those ethereal blades, though? I mean, young or old, he's still the same person, and he should be able to wield a keyblade.

venomblade

Shouldn't YMX be using a keyblade instead of those ethereal blades, though? I mean, young or old, he's still the same person, and he should be able to wield a keyblade.

That's another question I had in mind as well...I mean, when he was old he used a keyblade. Would he really have used ethereal blades as a starter weapon, and then when a keyblade finally deemed him a worthy user he'd switch over to the keyblade? And when in his lifetime did this happen?

Or, there is the fact that because Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas have fused together after being slain, they were both exposed to Kingdom Hearts' power, both already powerful beings, so it isn't that suprising that Young Master Xehanort has that kind of power.
I can kind of see them taking that route to sort of simplify things to an extent. However, something a friend of mine just mentioned that has me even more confused.. So YMX = MF. MF uses ethereal blades, Xemnas uses ethereal blades. So there's already a direct connection from YMX to Xemnas. However, Xemnas is the Nobody of AX, which involves Terra. The fact that we know now YMX is MF, it seems they've thrown Terra completely out of the equation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That's another question I had in mind as well...I mean, when he was old he used a keyblade. Would he really have used ethereal blades as a starter weapon, and then when a keyblade finally deemed him a worthy user he'd switch over to the keyblade? And when in his lifetime did this happen?
Before you ask those questions, you need to ask how he even exists in the first place. From there you need to ask how he got the power to time travel, how he can jump realms(probably through Dark Corridors judging by his coat), and why he wants to stop TAV when they were part of his older selfs plans.

Forsaken Shadow

Also, has it been explicitly stated or proven that the guy we see in the trailer is indeed Young Xehanort? There's the fact that he's built quite differently from the YMX we saw in BBS, not to mention MF himself. I think it's highly unlikely that he's anyone else, though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Also, has it been explicitly stated or proven that the guy we see in the trailer is indeed Young Xehanort? There's the fact that he's built quite differently from the YMX we saw in BBS, not to mention MF himself. I think it's highly unlikely that he's anyone else, though.
Of course it's YMX. We saw his face through data on the BBS disc.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

The YMX in 3D has a rounder, younger face than the model on the BBS disc.

It's unlikely, though. I agree with you.

The BBS model was also a relatively unfinalized version, probably added so that he'd have a face. We never see his face in BBS normally anyway.

That said, he's a much more important character in DDD, so the design there is probably a finalized version, the actual face.

mooglekupor

Awards

Of course it's YMX. We saw his face through data on the BBS disc.

Really? I thought the bbs model was based on saix. And how do you know that YMX wants to stop TAV? Did I miss something important or were you just talking about the old Xehanort?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Really? I thought the bbs model was based on saix. And how do you know that YMX wants to stop TAV? Did I miss something important or were you just talking about the old Xehanort?

The MF is based on Siax. Young Master Xehanort at the start of the game had a face that was on the game disc.

YMX wouldn't have attacked TAV at the Land of Departure unless he was to stop them. Who knows, TAV might do something big against him in the future and he went back to erase them from history *shrugs*

Key to Truth

Awards

I think you guys are assuming too soon that the guy from the trailer is Young Xehanort... He might be a different person. For all we know, if he was that powerful when he was young, why would he be so weak in BBS... I know he's old and all but... I don't know, Nomura could give us a surprise and tell us he's not Xehanort when he was young.

Radar

Bronze Member

I dont believe this is the new incarnate xehanort. That boy is not the one who was split into hearltess/nobody. That was apprentice xehanort, there-fore, according to KH logic, apprentice xehanort would be the one to return.

This new charecter, most likely has ties to xehanort, but I am going to say he is one of the multiple forms yen sid spoke of. His motives are probably sinister, but i dont think he is the xehanort we will be fighting in kh3.

DarkRiku-12

He is most likely Xehanort in some form, but I don't think he's the one that resulted from Ansem SOD and Xemnas. In the trailer, it is shown that he and Vanitas are together, with Vanitas kind of 'coming out of him' similar to the secret ending in KH2 FM. Mabye he has something to do with Vanitas' heart. I have no idea how, but it's a possibility.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

He is most likely Xehanort in some form, but I don't think he's the one that resulted from Ansem SOD and Xemnas.

Exactly. If he was the result of the two of them returning to normal then why is he way younger and also inside the RoS. Also technically wouldn't the result of Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody being defeated mean that he would return as Apprentice!Xehanort?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

He is most likely Xehanort in some form, but I don't think he's the one that resulted from Ansem SOD and Xemnas. In the trailer, it is shown that he and Vanitas are together, with Vanitas kind of 'coming out of him' similar to the secret ending in KH2 FM. Mabye he has something to do with Vanitas' heart. I have no idea how, but it's a possibility.

Possibly Vanitas' heart went to reside in this YX after it was hurt after the final battle.

venomblade

Exactly. If he was the result of the two of them returning to normal then why is he way younger and also inside the RoS. Also technically wouldn't the result of Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody being defeated mean that he would return as Apprentice!Xehanort?

That's exactly what I was saying in the OP. This is why it leads me to think this YMX we've seen in KH3D is a separate being.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

Well, Nomura did say that SOMETHING was created when MX stabbed that Keyblade in his chest:
- In "KHI" when Sora stabs the "Keyblade of people's hearts" into himself to release his heart and Kairi's, Sora's Heartless and Nobody were born. When Master Xehanort and Terra:Xehanort stab themselves with the Keyblade, were his and Terra's Nobodies not created?

Nomura: That is not yet clear. However I will say that the fixed sentiment that remained just after Master Xehanort stabbed himself with the Keyblade was not a Heartless.
He dodges the question, saying that it's, 'Not yet clear'. So something was made. I'm thinking the only reason why he didn't reveal it was because it probably would become a major plot point in a future game. DDD, perhaps?
What I don't understand is why that something would look like MX when he's young.

DarkRiku-12

It's actually very possible that soething was created from the both of those events.

Mabye... after MX stabbed himself, his heart went into Terra's body. But it is unknown what happened to MX's body. Mabye it created some kind of Nobody, and Vanitas' heart, being wounded at about the same time, probably latched onto the same body. So it's MX's old body+Vanitas' heart. Mabye Vanitas' heart changed his appearence slightly, making him look younger? Sora helping Ven had the same effect on Vanitas, altering his appearence and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back