• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Dragonball Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Dragonball imo was the best anime show. I always used to watch it as a kid:thumbup:

Sad it ended in GT, but they ended the series good.

So as a tribute, I decided to make a thread about it.

Talk about anything related to Dragonball. Your favorite character, episode, etc.
as for me. My favorite character was Gohan. Always strong and never gave up. Especially in the Cell Saga.

Let the chat begin...

Last edited:

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
I really like Dragonball, I like the characters, I love the style and the story is great, imo. It was a pretty big part of my childhood.

Yeah, the anime was okay, but I always preffered the manga. There was much less filler and everything was in there, compared to the dubs. That's why I'm not too fond of GT. I mean, I love the style and all that, but Akira Toriyama had next to nothing to do with it, and it seemed kind of unnecessary, but oh well.

My favourite character would have to be Vegeta. I like his enourmous ego and pride, I like his determination to become better than Goku, and I especially love how he concedes to Goku being number 1 at the very end of the series. XD

Macabre

Gold Member
I like Dragon Ball.
The story is awesome and the characters are great.

My favorite character is Gogeta.

I've only watched the Anime and some movies though.
Never read a DB or DBZ manga.

The movies I've watched are Dead Zone, The World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Lord Slug, Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan, Broly: Second Coming and Bio-Broly.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
I like Dragon Ball.
The story is awesome and the characters are great.

My favorite character is Gogeta.

I've only watched the Anime and some movies though.
Never read a DB or DBZ manga.

The movies I've watched are Dead Zone, The World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Lord Slug, Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan, Broly: Second Coming and Bio-Broly.

Yeah Bio:Broly was one of my favorite movies from DragonBall.:thumbsup:

Blue

home is where the heart is
Yeah, the anime was okay, but I always prefered the manga. There was much less filler and everything was in there, compared to the dubs. That's why I'm not too fond of GT. I mean, I love the style and all that, but Akira Toriyama had next to nothing to do with it, and it seemed kind of unnecessary, but oh well.

This...

My favourite character would have to be Vegeta. I like his enourmous ego and pride, I like his determination to become better than Goku, and I especially love how he concedes to Goku being number 1 at the very end of the series. XD

..and this. Lol. xP

Yeah, Dragonball was one of the better animes/mangas IMO and I still like it. :)

Shade737

Silver Member
I used to love Dragonball and Dragonball Z but GT had its ups and downs. My favorite character is Broly.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Yeah, Dragonball was one of the better animes/mangas IMO and I still like it. :)

Srsly! I was really into it when I was younger, and when I re-read the mangas now, it still doesn't get old for me. It was funny, charming and exciting then, and it still is now, imo.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Srsly! I was really into it when I was younger, and when I re-read the mangas now, it still doesn't get old for me. It was funny, charming and exciting then, and it still is now, imo.

Exactly. There are only a few mangas I can re-read without getting bored, and Dragonball is definitely one of them.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I don't like how the anime progressed after the Frieza saga.

I think they should have made the Buu saga with the Androids and stopped it there, but without any Cell to be seen.

Oh and keep the Goku + Piccolo driving filler in.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Don't think much to Tarble.

Basically Vegeta.

Although the rest don't look too bad.

Any plot bits revealed?

Macabre

Gold Member
I don't like how the anime progressed after the Frieza saga.

I think they should have made the Buu saga with the Androids and stopped it there, but without any Cell to be seen.
I think they should have ended the series on the Buu Saga.

GT was kind of unnecessary.

Macabre

Gold Member
He's the third strongest unfused Z-Warrior.

Behind SS4 Goku and Vegeta.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Gohan is the strongest unfused character in DBZ and the most awesome. I wish he had killed Buu when he had the chance. Gohan literally had the potnetial to become the strongest character period.

That was the original idea, but the fan reaction forced Toriyama to make Goku the hero once again.

In fact, Toriyama's plan was to end the series with the Frieza saga, with Goku dying on planet Namek to give the series closure. But because of the popularity of the series, Jump forced him to continue with the story. Then the story was suppose to end with the Cell saga again, with Goku dying, making Gohan (the new generation) the hero. But people didnt like that, so once again Toriyama had to continue and bring Goku back to life and while he was hoping to use Gohan as the final hero, he wasnt allowed because fans wanted Goku to be the hero who ends it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back