• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Dragonball Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
That was the original idea, but the fan reaction forced Toriyama to make Goku the hero once again.

In fact, Toriyama's plan was to end the series with the Frieza saga, with Goku dying on planet Namek to give the series closure. But because of the popularity of the series, Jump forced him to continue with the story. Then the story was suppose to end with the Cell saga again, with Goku dying, making Gohan (the new generation) the hero. But people didnt like that, so once again Toriyama had to continue and bring Goku back to life and while he was hoping to use Gohan as the final hero, he wasnt allowed because fans wanted Goku to be the hero who ends it all.

Which is why I hate some DBZ fans. Gohan showed that potential and that he was to be the hero. Gohan should have been left as the hero and strongest.

He's the third strongest unfused Z-Warrior.

Behind SS4 Goku and Vegeta.

GT doesn't count and I said in DBZ not GT.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Which is why I hate some DBZ fans. Gohan showed that potential and that he was to be the hero. Gohan should have been left as the hero and strongest.

GT doesn't count and I said in DBZ not GT.

Gohan always had the potential. I would have loved to see Gohan as the hero, but other DBZ fans just want to go with Goku cause he was the strongest from the start.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Personally, I don't mind the fact that the series continued after the Freiza saga (since the Buu saga is my favourite DBZ saga), but I agree with everyone when they say that Gohan should've taken Goku's place as the most powerful warrior in the series. They mentionned it in the series that he had incredible potential, but he'd rather spend his life studying than fighting.

Rorschach

I'm pretty sure Gohan was supposed to be the new main character in DBZ after the Cell Games but alot of people in Japan wanted Goku to still be the main character so they ended up changing it.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
DBZ represents the concept of pulling something out of your ass at the last minute and somehow making it look awesome.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I got to say, I liked this show a lot, when I first started watching Toonami years ago. I watched most of the epsidoes up until the Magin Boo arc. (where I watched bits and pieces of it) I did watch some of the Baby arc on GT, but that was about it. Ironically, I watched most of Dragonball, after seeing DBZ.. thanks to a now defunct channel on a relative's cable. (It was called COLORS and it showed a fair amount of anime. Actually, I think it still exists, but when I last checked, it doesn't show anime anymore.)

Man, I can't believe all that storyline that took place before DBZ. It was kind of better imo.. I liked Goku and Bulma in that storyline a lot more than in DBZ. (Actually, I practically hated Bulma in DBZ.) They just seemed a lot more funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back