• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Office Relationships

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
So, just out of curiosity what do you guys think of them? What have you heard about them? Do you think they work? Have they worked?
This isnt necessarily like big time office, cash money type stuff. I mean even if you work at McDonalds, there's problems with co-worker relations, and theirs always stories being passed around.

The reason I brought this up is cuz recently some shit broke out at my job, the second and third in charge where an "item" a.k.a bf and gf and they had been together since before I was even there, (2 years) and she had been sleeping with another guy that works there for a few months. Anyway, someone spilled a leak and shit hit the fan. The guy got fired and the girl got sent to another location. Kinda fucked up if ya ask me.

And "ahem" I had...something goin on with one of my managers, and our relationship was always weird at work, we typically didnt speak with each other unless it was necessary (at work), but outside of work we would joke around hang out and all that good shit.

But yea just curios on your thoughts on them and if ya have any stories feel free to share =)

wushuman90

Office relationship: Ehhh...not a good way for couples mostly. Most of the them get fired.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Personally, I see office relationships always an option. But always be aware of the possible consequences that follow such actions. Example: You are dating/sleeping with your boss, and other individuals same rank or above know of the relationship. Lets say your boss decides to promote you one rank up. However, your skills at that certain job aren't sufficient to the company. All the while your co-worker, perfectly qualified for the job is not promoted.

Once the higher ups realize that the boss of that division is promoting someone just out of affinity for that individual, the boss will lose the respect of the company, possibly lose his/her job and the worker that was supposedly going to be promoted will lose credibility and possibly his/her job as well.

That scenario has been played out time and time again and the consequences very similar to each other in every case. Even if the scenario was slightly different suspicion would arise and consequences can still follow; it's just less likely. Another example: That one person sleeping with the boss gets promoted, however he/she is qualified for the job. If word gets out there will still be consequences to face, just not as steep as it would be in the first scenario (it varies depending on each given situation though). There's also the issue of the relationship getting in the way of the daily activities within the work place.. but I don't really want to expand on that; use your imaginations.

tl;dr - Do it if you wish to, just understand what you might possibly be getting into.

I bet heroin users would beg to differ.

Don't even...

what about one night stands?

^See text above.

Obsidian

I wouldn't approve of having a relationship with your superior, but if it's a fellow coworker then it might work. Though keep in mind, if it doesn't you're going to have an awkward time. Especially if you have the same lunchbreaks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back