• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Off the Wall Speculation/Predictions/Hopes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio

If these recent Jungle Book rumors are true, I hope that UE4 will somehow be able to imitate the rough, scratchy animation of the original film. Maybe make the characters cel-shaded, but in a subtle way so that it's not too jarring when they're interacting with the presumably non-shaded SDG.

One more long-running pipe dream I have is that the Headless Horseman will appear as a secret boss, hopefully with the original archived audio so we can get that iconic, cackling laugh during the fight.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I really want at least one Yen Sid/Xehanort scene.
*Xehanort destroys Yen Sid's chair*

Yen Sid: Now it's personal.

giphy.gif

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why would ANYONE submit to being possessed by Xehanort? We don’t know any of their motivations yet other than the ones that are actually a past form of Xehanort.

Braig intentionally volunteered to submit to Xehanort evidenced by the conversation in Birth by Sleep. Yes, we do know that the people who are not direct Xehanort’s have their own intentions regarding The Keyblade War, but it doesn’t mean that every past evil person is part of Xehanort’s ploy.

Xehanort has a hell of a lot more to offer her than Vexen does. She plotted to betray the Organization when she thought their goal was to regain their hearts. If she now knows Xehanort’s true goal, she could very well decide it’s worthy of her time. It may even be that she’s promised revenge against Sora.

But you fail to understand that Nobodies and Somebodies have different agenda’s. Take Zexion and Ienzo. Zexion is fairly rash whilst Ienzo is calm. And to clarify, it’s only the manga that states that Larxene preferred to not have a Heart. The manga is not at all canon to the games. We’ve yet to know why Larxene plotted against Organization XIII, the best we have is the 358/2 Days diary entries that state that she’s fed up of how she’s delegated in the Organization.

And again, the only way she’s getting any significant arc in KH3 is if she’s a darkness. Just because someone is under Xehanort’s influence doesn’t mean we won’t learn more about them. And they aren’t likely to spend a lot of time on characters that aren’t directly involved in the final clash. There just won’t be time. I’d much rather see the Darknesses fleshed out as characters than random side characters that aren’t actually relevant to the main conflict. But I guess that’s just me.

Yeah, that’s definitely a you thing because Larxene can get significant character arc in Kingdom Hearts III without having to revert to being a Seeker of Darkness. Judging from Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance, the former Organization XIII members who have been re-completed seem to be taking on the background character roles that the Final Fantasy characters usually do. Taking that into consideration, and the confirmation of a new original world, we can see Luxord, Demyx and Larxene be residents of said original world.

And the former Organization XIII members are indirectly involved with the conflict because they were initially meant to be Xehanort vessels. Pretty sure they’d be angered by that revelation. Oh yeah, and Nomura confirmed that the former Organization XIII members character arc will come to a close. Translations: the former members will have their own sub-stories to tell.

But you might ask, what evidence do we have that Xehanort would want her? Well, the members sent to Castle Oblivion were ones that Saïx considered threats to his and Axel’s own plans. It wasn’t Xemnas’ decision or desire for those members to be eliminated. So it is possible that Xehanort saw a lot of promise in Larxene and wants her to be a part of his plan.

Pretty sure Xemnas speech of weakness of trust suggests that Xemnas had some influence as to which members were to be selected for Castle Oblivion. Had Larxene shown promise, she’d probably have stayed on so the Nortification process would succeed. Marluxia being a Seeker of Darkness has validity because he’s connected to The Keyblade War. Unless Larxene is from that era as well, I see no reason as to why she’d want to go back to the very group she tried to rebel against.

You’re ignoring key parts of Nomura’s comments. For example, this answer says that there are many returning characters, but the essence of the characters are a secret. Basically, we don’t know if we’ll be seeing their Somebodies, their Nobodies, replicas, past selves via time travel etc.
No one is saying she’s confirmed. But the series has left the door wide open for her to be a member.

I’m not at all denying that, but at the same time, to outright say that Larxene is all but confirmed is incorrect and assumptive at best, especially considering the fact that this is a new Organization XIII and for them to be primarily comprised of former members is self-defeating of its purpose.

Right now, we have Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix and Marluxia. That’s four out of the new XIII. If the chess pieces from the E3 2015 trailer does indeed represent Luxord then that’s five. Any more and that would contradict Xemnas belief that the majority of the former Organization XIII members were inadequate.

Where are you getting this idea that a member of Xehanort’s Organization must be connected to the Age of Fairytales? That is literally only true for one member so far.

You’ve mis-interpreted my point, I was responding to KeyToDestiny quote when they said that Kingdom Hearts X characters are less likely than Larxene. Unless Larxene’s somebody originated from that era, she’s less likely than them because she has no stake in The Keyblade War unlike Marluxia.

Ultimately, there is indeed factors for her to become a Seeker of Darkness. However, if Larxene does become one, that would damage her character arc as she’d be confined solely to villainy. Xigbar and Saix have the privilege of appearing in multiple games and having a variety of character dynamics with different characters, and we can better understand Marluxia through Lauriam. Larxene on the other hand does not have that privilege. All we know is that she conspired with Marluxia (mind you, she doesn’t even speak to him directly in Chain of Memories), and most of her interactions outside of Sora were with Axel and Namine.

kuryer13

Can we also get Lightning Farron from final fantasy XIII in Olympus Colliseum? it's tradition to add in a final fantasy character to that world for hades to corrupt them and force them against hercules, only to fail. Lighting's inclusion would make sense, we do appear to go to olympus (Home of the GODS) which she did in her series as well correct? I know Final fantasy XIII gets a lot of flak, and i should be more against it since it delayed kh 3 further, but it couldn't hurt to have her and sora perform a limit together.

I agree with this. I want to see her in her Knight of Etro grab <3

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Braig intentionally volunteered to submit to Xehanort evidenced by the conversation in Birth by Sleep. Yes, we do know that the people who are not direct Xehanort’s have their own intentions regarding The Keyblade War, but it doesn’t mean that every past evil person is part of Xehanort’s ploy.

But you fail to understand that Nobodies and Somebodies have different agenda’s. Take Zexion and Ienzo. Zexion is fairly rash whilst Ienzo is calm. And to clarify, it’s only the manga that states that Larxene preferred to not have a Heart. The manga is not at all canon to the games. We’ve yet to know why Larxene plotted against Organization XIII, the best we have is the 358/2 Days diary entries that state that she’s fed up of how she’s delegated in the Organization.

Yeah, that’s definitely a you thing because Larxene can get significant character arc in Kingdom Hearts III without having to revert to being a Seeker of Darkness. Judging from Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance, the former Organization XIII members who have been re-completed seem to be taking on the background character roles that the Final Fantasy characters usually do. Taking that into consideration, and the confirmation of a new original world, we can see Luxord, Demyx and Larxene be residents of said original world.

And the former Organization XIII members are indirectly involved with the conflict because they were initially meant to be Xehanort vessels. Pretty sure they’d be angered by that revelation. Oh yeah, and Nomura confirmed that the former Organization XIII members character arc will come to a close. Translations: the former members will have their own sub-stories to tell.

Pretty sure Xemnas speech of weakness of trust suggests that Xemnas had some influence as to which members were to be selected for Castle Oblivion. Had Larxene shown promise, she’d probably have stayed on so the Nortification process would succeed. Marluxia being a Seeker of Darkness has validity because he’s connected to The Keyblade War. Unless Larxene is from that era as well, I see no reason as to why she’d want to go back to the very group she tried to rebel against.

I’m not at all denying that, but at the same time, to outright say that Larxene is all but confirmed is incorrect and assumptive at best, especially considering the fact that this is a new Organization XIII and for them to be primarily comprised of former members is self-defeating of its purpose.

Right now, we have Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix and Marluxia. That’s four out of the new XIII. If the chess pieces from the E3 2015 trailer does indeed represent Luxord then that’s five. Any more and that would contradict Xemnas belief that the majority of the former Organization XIII members were inadequate.

You’ve mis-interpreted my point, I was responding to KeyToDestiny quote when they said that Kingdom Hearts X characters are less likely than Larxene. Unless Larxene’s somebody originated from that era, she’s less likely than them because she has no stake in The Keyblade War unlike Marluxia.

Ultimately, there is indeed factors for her to become a Seeker of Darkness. However, if Larxene does become one, that would damage her character arc as she’d be confined solely to villainy. Xigbar and Saix have the privilege of appearing in multiple games and having a variety of character dynamics with different characters, and we can better understand Marluxia through Lauriam. Larxene on the other hand does not have that privilege. All we know is that she conspired with Marluxia (mind you, she doesn’t even speak to him directly in Chain of Memories), and most of her interactions outside of Sora were with Axel and Namine.

1. We still don’t fully understand Braig’s intentions which are likely to be revealed in KH3 when we have dealings with him. The same will go for Saïx, Vanitas, and other non-Xehanort vessels. No, it doesn’t mean it EVERY past villain will return. But the majority, if not all, of the new Organization WILL be made up of past villains. It already is.

2. I don’t fail to understand that they *can* have different agendas. But that doesn’t mean they do. Ienzo and Aeleus are only two of twelve examples. And poor ones since we didn’t see them express at all what their agenda will be going forward. Keep in mind the last time these guys were whole, they were literally feeding people to the Heartless to see what would happen. Braig and Lea are also both shown to be more or less the same other than physical differences. They still have the same goals.

I know her comments on having a heart are non-canon, but they still contribute to her characterization.

3. Again, they aren’t going to spend a lot of time on the characters not involved with the final clash. The Apprentices in Radiant Garden will most likely have essentially cameo appearances where they give us some info we need and basically just get a “where are they now.” That’s what happens to minor characters in stories with so many others to focus on. I don’t want that for Larxene. I want to actually have her appear in all her glory, abusing Sora like only her sadistic self can do. She’s honestly better at it than anyone and she’d have a field day with him not remembering her from CoM. She is the perfect love-to-hate kind of villain that this group sorely lacks.

4. Xemnas knew what was reported back to him by Axel. He didn’t send them there to die; he wanted them to find the Chamber of Waking. It was all Saïx and Axel that conspired to get rid of all of them. Also, none of them other than Xigbar knew the actual plan. So how could she have stayed on if she didn’t know anything about it? She rebelled against the Organization thinking the plan was to restore their hearts. Her evil ambition was greater than that. She clearly showed promise or Xemnas wouldn’t have let her in at all.

5. You’re still missing what I am saying. I am not saying she’s all but confirmed. I’m saying she has a great chance to be one and I think she would make for an excellent Darkness. I HOPE she will be one and I’m trying to show you why it’s possible since you seem to think the idea is absolutely crazy and unprecedented.

You do do know that 7 is the majority of 13 and not 6, right? Larxene would make 6 returning members, so as I said before, the group would still be made of mostly new members.

6. We don’t yet know what Lauriam’s goals and stakes are. We know he’s there and that’s about it. We don’t have enough to assume he is in the Organization because of his involvement in the Keyblade War. In fact, the opposite could be true. If Union Cross is in the Realm of Sleep, Marluxia may be on a mission for Xehanort to uncover the mysteries of the Keyblade War and locate Ventus. It would just mean he killed Strelitzia in this loop of the dream in order to pose as a Dandelion leader. That’s just a theory, but my point is, there are still a lot of possibilities.

It makes way more sense for Larxene, an established villainess, to willingly join Xehanort than for Skuld and Ephemer to be forced into joining.

7. This is where we just simply disagree. I think Larxene is perfect as a villain. She doesn’t need a redemption arc or to just be a cameo somewhere. Being a villain doesn’t make her a bad character. With creativity and good writing, there is a lot more potential for her as a Darkness than the other options they might have for her. It gives them plenty of opportunity to explore her backstory and motivations while making that story relevant the main plot of this game. This way we can understand her just as much as the others.

Xigbar has been a villain in every single appearance. Why is it ok for him to be consistently evil and not Larxene? Or for Xehanort to be for that matter? The fact is that there are plenty of original female protagonists to go around. If we’re bringing back antagonists, why not bring back the only female one we have so we actually have some gender representation on both sides of the moral compass. And I’d rather it be her choosing to side with Xehanort than Xehanort forcing himself on someone like Skuld which comes off very rapey.

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
Tbh I don't really have any predictions, theories, etc. At this stage most of mine are just all hopes lol. And I do have a lot of hopes. :'(

I REALLY want Larxene to return as one of the thirteen seekers of darkness. I don't think there's any reason at all why she shouldn't. Like what someone else said, I think her appearance is most suited for Big Hero Six. If evil Baymax is still going to be a thing, I'm not sure how she could relate to that though. Also there just needs to be more female villains and female characters in general, and she was great. I also wouldn't mind seeing Demyx return as well but I just can't see him as a seeker of darkness with his personality, but at the same time I don't think there's any real reason why he can't be one???
as for the 7 guardians of light watch as my son roxas becomes one and surprises everybody, both in the games and the audience

I know I'm not the only one who is thinking this but there is a clear pattern that there is a seeker of darkness introduced in each world Sora goes in. It definitely does give them more of a purpose to be in the world, but I still hope this is not the case for the sake of character development; I'd rather the characters just show up randomly and re appear in other worlds than each world be a 'villain of the week' type of thing. Sure, some characters can be fine with that setup. But there are some characters *COUGH*VANITAS*COUGH* who really need that character development and I don't think would benefit from this at all if that's the only world they're gonna appear in, then get squished into the final.

Continuing from that, once again for the sake of character development I really don't want another KH 2 situation where the major characters didn't appear much until the end, and everything before that is basically the SDG show. I want all characters to appear as often as they can without things getting cluttered. I don't want TAV, RAX and Namine to be freed at the last minute for the final, and I especially want SRK to be developed more. I want more things happening with the original characters throughout the game.

Speaking of Vanitas, this isn't new knew but boy do I hope my boy gets character development, since he honestly has the potential to be the most complex character in KH with everything that's going for him atm. For a start I really want his backstory from the novels to be implemented into the game and be officially canon (I swear that alone makes him the most developed KH character with how much complexity it had lol). I also hope he fully betrays Xehanort, and if the orchestra is anything to go by this may actually happen. Furthermore if they want to do the whole 'even people with pure darkness don't have to be evil, its what you chose to be', they've got a perfect opportunity. Heck as it is he is not himself in the latest trailer and he seemed really desperate than usual to the point his hand was shaking. :\

Another thing I see getting discussed is which main character could kick the bucket that isn't a villain. And I honestly don't want anyone sacrificing themselves or dying or whatever. I don't think a game needs death in order to be meaningful. Just let them live lol.

forget the chair, destroy yen sid!

i really want yen sid to die in kh3 lol

ok he and xion are an acception. :')

the only thing i liked about him was the fact that his name is spelt disney but backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back