• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Of the Light and Dark

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Geoffrey lifted the heavy book from it's case, it was in very poor condition, the leatherbound cover ripped heavily. He opened the book slowly, coughing a little as the dust rose from the ancient pages. His heat beat faster, he had known that with the negative energy he had felt this place must have been home to an ancient vampire but this. . . . . . .this was the Tome of Arath, the diary of the first recorded case of vampirism.

The writing was worn.

I have an inexplicable lust now, I have no idea for what but as I see others have violence done to them I. . .. . .well I enjoy it a great deal more than I should. I don't really understand what's happening to me, I know I should be scared, but the great physical benefits are exhillarating.

That was all that was legible on that page, as Geoffrey turned the page he spotted another legible entry.

-tasted worse than I remember, I remember when I used to despise rare steak. I would have the cook put it on. . .. . . . . . . . . . . .all that blood. . . . . . . . . .. . . . ... .. . . .now my well-done steaks seem charcoal in my mouth .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .even seems too dry. . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . .licking the plate.. . . . . . .. . .. . . .if only could understand this process a bit more clearly. . . . .

The rest of the page meant little to him, catching a few strange words from here to there. At the bottom of the page one more section was legible.

She is so beatiful, so fragile I-

The page ended there. There was a treasure trove of knowledge in this book. This book he had always thought a myth. It was almost certainly the decention of Arath. Perhaps his human name could even be found among these wheathered pages.

Geoffrey heard a creaking behind him. He turned in time to see the bookshelf falling, rolling as best he could out of the way, the shelf caught only his leg. The impact seemed to have knocked the book forward. Geoffrey reached desperately.

Footsteps from behind made him turn around. A man in a long black leather coat walked up to him. "Thank you very much." he said, turning to face the helpless scholar "Some of you humans are truly amazing."

He picked the book casually up, which resulted in a groan from the scholar.

He turned pettishly. "Now, do be quiet. I would very much like to let you live." He put a glove on his hand and removed an object from his coat. Geoffrey had to squint for some time before he realized it was a cross. He looked at it oddly for a moment, then turning his head away pressed it to the book.

There was a blidning flash of light.

The book was gone, the man was gone. Geoffrey heard a distant howl. They were coming for him.

Tyler Manning was a werewolf, this meant little during his day to day life. He could go through most of life like a normal human being. Better than most actually.
He needed no sleep, felt no physical tiredness during the day. Most of the time he was unaware of his nighttime journeys.He hadn't had The Presence in years. A werewolf can make themselves aware, even controll what they do in their bestial form if they choose.
It's called the prescence, usually it was used for talking to normal wolves for information.

Today was his big day. The wedding. . . . .. his palms started sweating even thinking about his fiance'.Elen Martin, she was smart beautiful and fun. This would be it. He turned the ring over in his hand.

The red ruby shone against the gold band. He smiled, she would be so happy. . . . . . the door behind him opened. He called out jokingly

"It's not good luck to-" His smile faded as he saw the man with the black leather coat. "Get out. .. . " he said.
"Well I can hardly come in now can I?" The man said politely. "Not without the permission of your human side."
"You won't be invited in." Tyler responded sharply

"I didn't plan on coming in." He said "But I'll be needing the ring back."
"This. . . . " he looked at the ring. It had kept him sane for so long. "This goes to Elen."

"She won't be needing it." "What have you done you son of a bitch!?!??!" Tyler ran for the man.The man shook his head and snatched the ring. "I'm sorry."

There was a blinding flash of light.

Mira stared boredly at the man across form her. He wasn't a very good guy, it was hard to find a good guy when you were a demon. Still she continued to try, her problem however was that the only people that would not freak out when they discovered her Demon form was the type of person that was likely to worship her too.

He was wearing a lot of black. His hair was brushed into is face and he had an ungodly amount of piercings, she wasn't the type to be discriminatory because of jewelry but. . .. .

She played with the necklace that hung on her neck. The silver skulls were a bit 'Queen of Darkness' for her, but it was an heirloom, from the time when demons ruled the earth.

She heard a struggle from outside, the man in front of her had not stopped talking about his poetry but she had stopped listening. She swirled her straw in her drink. This was likely to liven up a bit in a little while.

The man across from her looked surprised as the bouncer flew through the plate glass window. Mira finally looked up. A vampire stood on the other side of that window.

Those piercing eyes caught her necklace. He stepped through the broken glass.
"You may want run." she said to her rather feminine date.
He shook his head and stood his ground. Noble.

Mira wiped the blood off of her face as the vampire drained the blood of the last human, vampire, and demon in the bar. The vampires always were rather fond of gore.

"I'll be needing your necklace ma'am." The man said politely.

Mira handed it over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The call has been placed" the vampire said to himself "Soon the word should be spread that these artifacts have dissappeared. . . . ." He turned to a wolf that stood alone. "Now we wait."

[+Rules+]
This Rp will be impossible to figure out if you do not read the rules.

First thing to be addressed is the state of Vampires, Demons, Werewolves, and Humans.

Ranked by Strength

1st. Vampires
2nd. Demons
3rd. Werewolves
4th. Humans

Limitations

Vampires-- Can't go out during the day, direct sunlight will burn them for moments, then catch them on fire. They can't enter a human's home uninvited. Crosses burn them, stakes through the heart kill them. Vampire Slayers exist to hunt them.

Demons-- Can't enter Churches. When someone who is in any kind of Holy position touches them they get burned. Demon Hunters, they exist only to kill demons.

Werewolves-- Often lose control at night. Vampire slayers target them as well.

Humans-- No supernatural powers.

Template

Name:
Race:
Age: ((For vampires 500 years is a long time to live, not that they actually age, Demons reach the thousands, also do not actually age.))
Sex:
Appearence:
Bonded Weapon(s): ((weapons that can nbot be gotten rid of, however they can change shape( all that's required is the name(s)))
Bio:
Personality:
Theme Song:
Battle Song:

RULES

1. Every 2 pages we transit from day to night
2. No powerplaying (that means in a one on one between a powerful werewolf and a powerful vampire, it would take a LOT for the werewolf to win)
3.Romance is always encouraged.
4. Have fun
5. Use proper grammar.

In this rp you will play someone who is after the ancient artifacts that were stolen.

These artifacts are:

The Tome of Arath: Is the only true way to know exactly what vampires can do. It contains a record of sick experiments Arath did on other vampires in order to test the ability of the species. Could be bad for vampires if humans got it.

The Ring of the Soul: This allows the wearer to change into any animal he wants, if you are a werewolf, it allows you to keep human shape through the night. Increases phycisal power of the wearer greatly. Possibly to the point of immortality.

Mira's Ruby: The jewel at the end of Mira's necklace is the real power. No one knows what it does or where she got it. But a seer (in the last vision before death) named it as one of the three most powerful artifacts in the world.

Happy Hunting.

Last edited:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Name: Stravros Lynier
Race: Vampire
Age: Somewhere near his mid 300's. Looks to be about 20.
Sex: Male
Appearence: Stavros wears black, just to get that out of the way. Since he doesn't go into the daylight, he chooses something dark to blend with the night. A black, semi short, trench coat (reaches to his knees) and a tight black sleeveless shirt. He has black hair that hangs down to his ears, and is a bit longer in back. He's a little over 6 feet tall and his somewhat musculer, but is more toned that huge. Has light blue eyes (unless there's a specific color you want).
Bonded Weapon(s): Although he rarely uses it, Night's Reign
Bio: Stavros has been living his vampiric life under the cover of darkness. He hasn't done anything really out of the ordinary, and what he has done, he keeps to himself. He's started to grow bored of his lifestyle, so now he longs for a change.
Personality: Stavros is unusually calm. He can seem depressing at time, but that is few and far between that he shows emotions.
Theme Song: See You in Hell. . . ~ Aiden
Battle Song: My Way Home is Through You ~ My Chemical Romance

Last edited:

stripes

Time Is A Mysterious Thing
Name: Desiree' Allison
Race: Werewolf
Sex: Female
Appearence: Desiree' is around 5'8, she usually wears a crimson top with some blue jeans, and a leather jacket. She always weas shades that pin back her hair, she wears dangling earings and a necklace with a cross that her mother gave her when she was a little girl. She has green eyes and long black hair that has silver streaks at that back layer and a long streak at the top.
Bonded Weapon(s): Savior
Bio: Even though she was born a werewolf, she was raised as a human, thanks to her mother. Des never really knew her father, all she knows is that, he wasn't the best husband in the world. She lived in a rather huge town, in a local castle, that was given to the wealthy family in the town, a pack of werewolves. She is always trying to help out people, even though if they knew what she really was, they would run away scared.
Personality: She is mostly happy, but if she's pissed off, she won't hold back her anger. She tries to make everyone smile, even through depressing time. She is always honest and straight to the point when it comes to anything.
Theme Song: My Disaster- Silverstein
Battle Song: This Could Be Anywhere But Here- Alexisonfire

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I hope 'tis okay if I joins.

Enjoy Threadmaker. :D!

Name: Vaier Ruzen
Appearance: Stands at about 6'1, and weighs about 175 pounds, and looks around the age of 22. Hazel eyes with a red tint, and black hair with red tips and streaks, and hangs a few inches below his ears, which are gradually curved. He wears black leather that sits slightly loose on his frame, a black leather belt with a silver buckle, black slightly baggish pants, and a black trenchcoat that goes an inch or two below his ankles. (And yes, with the high collar :D.)

Bonded Weapon(s): Bloodlust

Bio: He's lived under the cover of the Moon and Stars, ever-searching for the mythical Artifacts, beign the Tome of Arath, The Ring of the Soul, and Mira's Ruby.

Personality: His cold personality comes as a result of humans fearing his kind's presence, and so thus he chooses to drink their blood by night, and remain in his caverns by day, where he works with the new technology and weaponry, researching for both the Artifacts, and for new weaponry devisements to take out Humans, Werewolves, and Demons in all.

Theme Song: Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace.
Battle Song: Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin.

Dark Philosopher

Name: Kintrax Barra Velg'larn

Race: Demon

Appearance: IN human form Kintrax appears as a tall thin guy, who looks to be about nineteen, his hair is kept at about three inches and though clean, appears unruly beyond all hope of combing. His skin is lightly tanned, and his hair raven black, his eyes are a soft shade of brown. He wears average blue jeans and usually just a solid colored tee shirt, though occasionally he'll throw on a sweater if it's cold.

In demonic form Kintrax retains his tall stature, but his thin build is replaced by a thicker more muscled one, his skin shifts to a dark blood red, and becomes thicker and harder, two horns sprout form his head, pointing straight upwards. His face changes also, becoming longer and his bone's more defined. His feet elongate and deadly sharp black claws sprout from them and his hands.
Here, but red

Bonded Weapon: Shri'zhar

Bio: Alive for more than 30 centuries, Kintrax has prowled the four corners of the earth, sailed across the seven seas, and learned much in his time. Originally born from the shadows themselves in his own dimension, he slipped through a portal and into the human world at around one hundred years of age, he quickly found that he could easily over power the weak mortals, or at least those who did not hold strong faith to religion. He adopted a human form and began to live among the rest of Earth, watching learning, and growing stronger.

He soon discovered the presence of vampires, and after discovering their strength put his time into studying what information there was on their weaknesses, he does not seek the destruction of all vampires, he merely wishes to be prepared if one day there is a need to fight. He's heard rumors of a book written by a vampire which tells the capabilities and limits of the race, he intends to find it no matter how long it takes, after all, time is what he has the most of.

Kintrax owns a large castle and estate in the cold, rocky mountains of Alaska, (you'd be surprised at the money you can get when you have a stone figure or two you picked up off the ground a thousand years ago...) the castle is fully furnished, and has two enormous rooms devoted to being a library, civilized for his race, Kintrax reads often.

Personality: Unlike the common stereo type for demons, Kintrax is a moderately joyful person, he remains pretty laid back and has a calm patient approach to everything he does, he does not promote bloodshed, nor cause it unnecessarily, but his instincts sometimes make him hunger for violence, though he can usually ignore that. Kintrax also happens to enjoy music, particularly the piano, which he has practiced for nearly seven hundred years.

Theme Song
:Raindrop Prelude - Chopin

Battle Song: Lonely Day -System of a Down

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Name: Azutum "Azu" Te'Angui
Race: Demon
Appearence: Human-Azutum has a very slim build and is about 6' 3". He smiles
often and has the a thin and sharp face. His hair is a very dark auburn under a black pinstripe fedora. He has a white businees shirt tucked into pants matching his hat. His belt is a simple black one held on with a brushed steel skull-and-crossbones buckle. In spite of himself, black rosary is wrapped around his left hand and wrist. His most outstanding feature is his eyes. they are unnaturally deep blue, so deep and cool you could fall into them if you din't watch your step.......
Demon- his features are much sharper and skeletal, his posture more curved and serpentine. His skin becomes pale and slightly gray-green. His pine and shoulders point out from his back. His eyes don't change, but a third opens on his forehead. This one is a yellow snake's eye. His entire seems to shift and settle as he moves. Finally, his tongue becomes longer and tapered.

Bonded weapon: Senela
Bio: Not much is know about Azu. But throughout history, his eyes have seduced and manipulated, tearing a path across the world. He has used his power over others to benefit him to no end, before fading back into the shadows.
Personality: Azu is very taunting and wil consider himself superior. He will mess with others' minds with a smile on his face, flipping a silver coin in his hand.
Theme song: Here comes the Boom--Nelly
Battle Song: Through the Fire and Flames--Dragonforce

Last edited:

ZeroHeart

Name: Ixane Cantor
Race:Demon
Sex:Male
Appearence: When he's human he's about 6'2 he usually towers over most he meets, long brown shoulder length hair covers most of his face,but you can see he's crimson eyes. He's built muscularly but not huge. He is wearing a black shirt with a rose inside a skull.His pants are long,baggy,black pants with odd shapes and symbols barely visible in a deep red.

In his demon form he is around 6'4 and is pure muscle. His eyes are blood red, his hands end in long claws. his arms have spikes jutting out from his elbow. His body has odd crimson marks and symbols covering every part of his body. He appears mostly human other than that as he has not yet attained his full power.
Bonded Weapon(s): Bras'ek
Bio:He wishes to achieve full power with the artifacts, After his parents died he learned to hate vampires as they hated him. He wishes to kill them all.
Personality:He is slow to anger,but does not take well to insults, he is cold, calculating, and sharp with his mind.He loves to fight, but tries to stay away from killing because he doesn't want to be noticed to much.If he sees a vampire he will throw most things away to kill it.
Theme Song:
Battle Song:

Rehreun

i'll join if you want

Name: Demonica rose

Race: demon

Sex: female

Appearance: Demonica has waist length black hair and glowing red eyes. She usually wears a totally black outfit that consists of a mini skirt, netted top with under shirt and boots with a pointed heel. She is about 5’6’’ and weighs 125 pounds

bonded wepons: long bow

Bio: Demonica’s past is a haze to her. She is the daughter of a fallen king. The whole city was destroyed only she survived. She was found outside the forest in the middle of winter covered in blood. An elderly couple took her in and raised her but they myterisaly died on her so-called 18th birthday

Personality: Demonica is a quiet girl and doesn’t like to be told no. she gets mad easily and likes to blow things up. She likes telling people no but if you get on her good side she is really nice. Demonica loves to read and is super smart. She’s not very calm and likes to jump at thing when they bug her. She doesn’t really care what you are she hates everyone that she doesn’t no equally. Usually she sticks to the early morning and late at night but you can find her any time of the day. She doesn’t like to fight but is very good if needed

Theme song: “just the way I am” angel

Battle song: “fight for life” soil

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Rehreun did not follow the correct template.

Name: Winston Stalls

Race: Human

Appearence: Winston wears a tight sweater that shows his well toned body. He has glasses and dark black hair. He has the look of someone that has seen far too much. His eyes are gray. He's missing his right hand, in it's place is a replacement.

Bio:
Winston was unaware if the supernatural untill he reached the age of about 19,at that time he started noticing that some of the "closed case" files that were on TV had an obvious answer. It wasn't one that most people were willing to accept but it was a good one. Vampires. Others had thought it was a psychopath emulating stories he had heard. But all the signs had pointed toward the supernatural.

Winston began research into the occult. The dark stories kept him awake nights for a long time. And since he has gotten very little sleep saying he prefers to be doing something with his time. He absorbed all the information like a sponge. He now is one of the most knowledgable in the ways to kill the creatures that stalk the city.

He also learned another lesson. It was about a year after he had been tracking down all the bastards who were leaving innocents drained of blood in the streets. He learned that these creatures were just as human as he was. They all put up a guise. . . .but . . . . . .

After he realized this, he could no longer enjoy his work. In the end his hesitation against a female vampire cost him his right hand.

He found a man who offered him something better than anythign a doctor could offer to replace his hand. A Bonded weapon. It now sits at the end of his arm, usually shaped like a hand.

He now seeks the artifacts day and night.

Bonded Weapon: Dexter Manus

Personality: Winston is obsessed with doing the right thing. He often acts much older than he is, even coming across as an old man. He does not get much company and he has maintained a childish fear of talking to women.

Theme Song: Carry on Wayward Son -- Kansas

Battle Theme: Heaven Help Us -- My Chemical Romance

Last edited:
T

Tragic Fall

(Surprise....I can join now!)
Name: Giott Landers
Appearence: Giott has the appearence of a healthy 25 yearold man. He usually wears a black suit with no tie and has red eyes. He has a scar on his face that goes from his left temple down his cheek.
Bonded Weapon(s): Moonlight's Freedom
Bio: Giott had a normal life up until the point where he was turned into a vampire. It took him a few years to adjust to the feeding and leaving his house at night only. He has made himself a career in hunting werewolves. He has fell in love with several women...but he always lost control of his hunger.
Personality: Giott keeps to himself and doesn't talk much. He gets angry really fast and likes to be an asshole.
Theme Song: Evil Angel- Breaking Benjamin
Battle Song: Pretty Handsome Awkward- The Used

Roxas9001

Bronze Member
Name: Robert
Race: Werewolf
Appearence: Robert stands at 6'1 he wears blue jeans with a white T shirt but he is Buff.
Bonded Weapon(s): BrotherHood
Bio: Robert had a normal life until he was 17. Him and his family were walking home one night when a Vampire appeared and killed his mother and father it tried to kill him but he ran away while he was running he came across a Werewolf that bite him on his shoulder and ran off then he passed out from the loss of blood. When he woke up he was a in a bed and his shoulder had been patched up but it left fang marks later during the night he transformed into a Werewolf and killed two vampires. When the sun came up he changed back to normal then he went to the library and read about The Ring of the Soul now that he has read about he has been searching for it for 6 yrs in hopes of staying in his human form.
Personality: Robert doesnt talk much,He hates Vampires overall he is a cool guy.
Theme Song:YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + - The 13th Struggle (KHII)
Battle Song: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + - Rage Awakened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back